Archive > The Saint of Ravens > Blog > Month of Beginings, Updates of Policy, and Renewed Motivation [Report]
The Saint of Ravens

Month of Beginings, Updates of Policy, and Renewed Motivation

Posted by The Saint of Ravens 9 years ago

Hello all, a bit of an update for the new year~

First up is that lately I've been trying to get back to being active in the community after a few months absence due to my new job. I work very long hours, so for the first few months it was difficult for me to really focus on any sort of creative content what-so-ever. Lately, I've been able to balance things a bit better, hence me coming back and being able to knock out some progress on my art commissions. I've also been working on iceninja's school game more as far as my vore games go, so my other projects are still on the back burner while I wrestle with that behemoth.

Also, I've decided to increase my asking price for my art commissions, since I feel that I have improved enough to do so. Looking back at the pieces I did at this time last year has actually been a rather large confidence boost, and as I continue doing art into the new year I look forward to honing that skill even more~ My first YCH was a success, so I will be doing those periodically. And, I'm going to try getting back to doing request streams again, for those that want cheap, crappy, free art XD

In addition, I've updated my art policy a bit, solidifying one thing and adding another. I've added non-OC characters and real-life self inserts to my "Will Not Draw" list. The reason I will not draw non-OC's is because it feels like an abuse of the character in almost all cases due to them doing things that are far removed from their normal psychology or physiology. The only exception to this rule is pieces that involve non-OC's doing things that are within their character/capabilities. (i.e. Am fine with drawing a character doing vore if that is something they actually do, Mileena from Mortal Combat for example.) The other new addition, no real-life self inserts, is due to the way I justify what I draw. I am fine with having horrible fetishy things happen in my art because it is a work of fiction, using fictional characters. When representations of real people get mixed in, it removes several of the degrees of separation from the process for me, which makes me uncomfortable. This one is non-negotiable, and please, for the love of whatever you consider holy, don't try to argue with me over it.

That all said, I'm going to be trying to knock out art commissions at a fairly decent clip because I have about $3000 in credit card debt from my financial troubles last year, and I want to use my commission earnings to pay it off. Any and all help towards the goal would be appreciated, as this community has always been gracious and supportive~ I look forward to doing lots and lots of fun art with and for you guys in the coming year <3

Stay classy Ekas
Comment on Month of Beginings, Updates of Policy, and Renewed Motivation

Comments
Bright

Posted by Bright 9 years ago Report

Wish you luck.

[ Reply ]

Assimilation

Posted by Assimilation 9 years ago Report

Just commenting to let you know that I actually also have about $3000 in credit card debt right now, so in case it's eating at you, remember that other people are in your boat too! And if you're not really feeling the edge from it, then you're holding up a little better than me. ;P

[ Reply ]