Archive > FlynnCoyote > Blog > My situation right now... [Report]
FlynnCoyote

My situation right now...

Posted by FlynnCoyote 8 years ago

To put it in a nutshell, my money situation sucks right now, and it likely will for quite some time.

To put it a bit more comprehensively, several years ago I was sold on a credit card that had better interest rates than the competitors and so after some number crunching I deemed it would be a good deal for something that would prove useful for major expenses that I would otherwise be forced to save up several weeks or months for.

What I did not realize at the time however (due to their bullshit shady way of wording it) was that this low interest rate would only apply for new customers for the first six months or something like that. Now I owned and continued to use the card for about two years before I realized something seemed off. After a rather frustrating conversation whereupon I realized that the interest payments were effectively rendering my attempts to pay off the card debt pointless, I came to the conclusion that the card had to go. I couldn't afford to raise what I was paying to keep the debt down, and in order to get rid of the card I had to take out a small personal loan.

Now, I was basically paying the same as before, only this time I wouldn't be able to add to the debt since I no longer had the card. Unfortunately this also removed my emergency net, and all major expenses now had to come out of my own pocket. My timing was pretty shit, as I was forced to dip heavily into my savings in order to pay off Car registration and insurance just last month. In addition to this, before I had the luxury of skipping repayments if necessary in favour of phone bills, but now that option is no longer available either and so each phone bill is going to send me backwards.

As such, I am slowly slipping backwards financially. I'm going to start looking for a second job, unfortunately the only day I can afford to work is Sunday, and finding a part time or casual job that is happy to only give me that one day is going to be difficult. So in the meantime, ANY commission work I can pick up is going to be a huge help to me. Naturally my situation now will force me to ask for up front payment, but I can usually work through them pretty quickly after work during the week.

If you can help out at all, that would be great. Or even pass the word along to others who might be interested, that would also be appreciated.
Comment on My situation right now...

Comments

No comments yet, make a comment please