Archive > brainstorm > Blog > Konami moving away from consoles, and future of gaming. [Report]
brainstorm

Konami moving away from consoles, and future of gaming.

Posted by brainstorm 8 years ago

Well, i sure many heard, konami, has had recent swig bad news, of late for one due to fact, Hideo Kojima is leaving them, as result konami has canceled several projects, one namely silent hills, which going be reboot of game series, in collbration with gullimero del toro.

Also, konami seems, be shelving its prominent franchies, castlevania which for all intense purposes i did like damn lord of shadows, the first one but after that, they let that series fall to pieces, seems like hideo kojima situation is very similar to keiji infaune situation over at capcom.

Konami, which use be one best 3rd party developers in gaming market and rival of capcom, has more less shown its reaching it's twilight, with metal gear solid 5 the phantom pain probably be one last console releases, as made it clear they intend move on to mobile phone game market.

Not won't miss them but, this sucks all great 3rd party devleopers are suffering and disappearing can't even make games anymore without first party support like for instance, damn street figther 5 would never happened without help of sony, which is why it's now a damn exclusive to ps4.

It illustrates that gaming world is entering some dark times, in world of gaming, i mean look at bayonetta 2 yeah glad got made but sucks, it going remain with nintendo for good while, as funded it, while still got some good games coming out here there, it also illustrates that gaming industry going through some big changes.

For one most devleopers can't afford make a class games, like gears of war anymore, development seem didn't be problem till last generation of consoles the ps3, and xbox 360 after that games become way to expensive to develope, to take on a gamble.

This why alot 3rd party developers are folding, that and fact piss poor management, and putting out half ass products should know better just make quick buck as fast as they can, did nobody even learn anything from game crash of 83?

I guess not, aside, bottom line is alot changing in gaming market, single player experiences are being ousted for multiplayer games like titan fall, with little to no story, or favoring the online experience, so monitor what doing on consoles, another thing annoying me in games, as forcing you into online gameplay, like big fuck you, either will or won't.

Micro transactions, and dlc content costs you about twice much what pay for damn game without it, i mean shit due to this i kinda, lost interest even buying games till, complete versions come out, also got constant re-releases, remasters, games with upgraded graphics, they doing same with gears of war to.

All in all, i see no end to none this, on plus side seems most legendary developers are starting own independent productions, via kickstarter what not, keiji infaune for one, and guy brought symphony of the night,with other indie releases like shovel knight, and shantea and more starting out perform, big budget money makers that are being thrown out left and right.
Comment on Konami moving away from consoles, and future of gaming.

Comments
chaos12

Posted by chaos12 8 years ago Report

It is pretty sad. I hope this practice changes.

[ Reply ]

Firstfate

Posted by Firstfate 8 years ago Report

Glad I'm not the only one who saw this sad change slowly come over console games >.< It's just so sad when they make the "storymode" something you can blow through in what.... 3 hours, maybe less. I liked it better when video games were something you would go OVER to a friend's house to play with that person, instead of this isolationistic style of gaming that has become so much more popular now that online pvp games have become more of the norm in console games....

[ Reply ]

the_game

Posted by the_game 8 years ago Report

Well try to look at it as a silver lining; in 83 we saw the crash of most of all the major original games producers and such, right? but at that same token it created a vacuum to be filled by new ideas and talent, giving creators and new start up studios their chance to grow and actually become the new game companies of tomorrow. Whats more I think it will be even better than this last one, with the dodgy old marketing execs being traded out for people whom have made their capital in the games industry as devs and creators, allowing a better quality of product to be produced, and hopefully dinosaurs like EA will eventually wither and fade. I wanna see more SuperGiant Games, more Yahct Club, more Re-Logic and mojangs. this is bound to be the short dark age before the coming of a new golden age of development and storytelling; our renaissance. I for one look forward to the fall because its gonna give small time devs in training our chance to shine c:

[ Reply ]

brainstorm

Posted by brainstorm 8 years ago Report

"the_game" wrote:
Well try to look at it as a silver lining; in 83 we saw the crash of most of all the major original games producers and such, right? but at that same token it created a vacuum to be filled by new ideas and talent, giving creators and new start up studios their chance to grow and actually become the new game companies of tomorrow. Whats more I think it will be even better than this last one, with the dodgy old marketing execs being traded out for people whom have made their capital in the games industry as devs and creators, allowing a better quality of product to be produced, and hopefully dinosaurs like EA will eventually wither and fade. I wanna see more SuperGiant Games, more Yahct Club, more Re-Logic and mojangs. this is bound to be the short dark age before the coming of a new golden age of development and storytelling; our renaissance. I for one look forward to the fall because its gonna give small time devs in training our chance to shine c:

lol, i belive when see it till then endless wave of damn, call of duties and assassins creed will continued be released year after year, honestly won't be sad see either of those franchises go. However, yeah most old developers have stagnated and lost touch with gamers.

[ Reply ]

MisterEbony

Posted by MisterEbony 8 years ago Report

This is why I am a retro gamer mostly. I still ply old nes and snes games nore than anything else, and the mmos I have seen I cannot stand. I have no online fo speak of, and prefer to game wifh people in the same room.

As a sixe note board games and card games are becoming popular all over again. Coincidence? I think not. Brainstorm has just stated that the market is about to shift again. I predict in the next three years there will be another crash, due to high prices and narrowed game design. Afterward the indie gamers and the board gamers will rise. Wait and see.

[ Reply ]

brainstorm

Posted by brainstorm 8 years ago Report

"MisterEbony" wrote:
This is why I am a retro gamer mostly. I still ply old nes and snes games nore than anything else, and the mmos I have seen I cannot stand. I have no online fo speak of, and prefer to game wifh people in the same room.

As a sixe note board games and card games are becoming popular all over again. Coincidence? I think not. Brainstorm has just stated that the market is about to shift again. I predict in the next three years there will be another crash, due to high prices and narrowed game design. Afterward the indie gamers and the board gamers will rise. Wait and see.

Well retro coming back to, got, shante, shovel knight, and host other games homaging classics like axiom verge, and mighthy no 9 coming, i welcome them, at least not life long affairs where half sell soul just get anything out of it lol.

I will admit still some good next gen games, blood borne kicked ass, final fantasy type zero proved even though franchise runs off rails can make quick come back, anybody got bad taste i mouth from final fantasy 13 fucking triolgy knows what talking about lol.

not only should thing should been one game, they do had dlc for each title which was joke, i looking foward to arkham knight other wise nothing really flipping up skirt much this year, that want to invest in big game wise, i got plenty indie titles to play.

[ Reply ]

Jacquelope

Posted by Jacquelope 8 years ago Report

Good quality games with storylines are going the way of the dodo bird. Taking the whole industry with it.

[ Reply ]

analist_vorister

Posted by analist_vorister 8 years ago Report

I've been a Nintendo fan for years, since I started playing games. I watched them slow down and basically stall-out with the Wii U (and yes, I bought the Bayonette duo-pack when it came out, and loved it), favoring the 3DS system instead to release games on, and so far I like what I have seen. The Japanese-based market of games seems to be faring a lot better than the American. I pray every day that the Call of Duty franchise bombs to make room for more games that are by Viseral, seeing as how the Dead Space trilogy was the most original and well-balanced horror games I've ever played. I hope publishers like Atlus and XSeed never go away. And even through Nintendo even seems to be going through a phase where they keep remastering old games, its the games we always loved and actually wanted to see brought into the modern age (Various Pokémon and Zelda games, along with offering old original versions of Metroid games on the Wii U.) I see this as an opportunity to show new games what the good days were like while also showing how far we've come, unlike Sony and Microsoft, who seem content hashing out the same exact story under new titles every year (COD, GTA, ect.) Personally, I don't have an Xbox One or a PS4. I see no reason to get them. They don't have "games" out for them yet, just mind-numbingly frustrating things where the only way you win a match is how well you can hold down the trigger and run about, getting lucking when you hits people until you have a streak that unlocks something that puts you on an impossiblely-high advantage. Where's the strategy in that?

[ Reply ]