Archive > GTSdev > Blog > Update about improving my personality. [Report]
GTSdev

Update about improving my personality.

Posted by GTSdev 8 years ago

Hai sillies~

I know ive said some things about starting commissions and stuff like that, but i never really get to that point, sorry about that.
Ive been trying to listen the feedback around my past blogs that i have recieved from you guys, about how i should do what i find fun or find interresting, instead of trying to please a crowd. And even though i feel i change my opinions, strategies and thoughts alot, i think im about to accept that i should just do whats good for me.

So, these things will probably result in that, im only going to draw when i feel creative, and not because i feel enforced by some fake responsability i put onto myself.

It reminds me of my reasons that i started drawing here in the first place. I used to do one or two drawings with twily having abit fun with fluttershy, followed by flutterpanic, I did those because i felt it wasnt done before, and it sparked my creativity, and it was creativity that was my drive to DO those things. But now it feels abit different. All other drawings i have done after that, felt more or like of a rush, a rush to get recognition, get bigger, get better, i didnt do it because i wanted to see it done, i simply did it because i wanted my name big.

Its now that i sit with big regret, and i can feel how it had consumed me for so long. I began to feel empty whenever i didnt draw for awhile, and i also felt empty right after i was done with said drawing. I didnt feel a sense of accomplishment as i did with flutterpanic, because it was a thing i wanted to see through to the finish. All i felt was that "i cant wait to see the comments when this is done!"

Its really a trap, and it really consumes you, and it brings you deeper into depression if you arent an intuitive person.

I guess im not used to hang around the same interrest for too long. I remember that i jumped back and fourth, between interrests before mlp, so doing the same for so long might not have been that healthy for me.

Recently, i have an increasing interrest for overwatch, last week it was civilization. and a few months back, i even had a huge interrest in archeage, most of the ponystuff didnt really get to me that much, and the vore only really applied to me when my sexdrive was up and running.

Im not saying "ey, i quit doing ponyvore or ponystuff " in general, im just saying i want to keep doing some things i just like, because i know its really not for me to stick around with the same things.

Ill allways watch the show, and it will allways make me smile :D but recently, ive had this urge to draw something, and its not the same "urge" that ive felt with each drawing i made on here, its an even better urge to draw, its because i want to create it, and thats a feeling ive missed for so so long.

Also, since i started tumblr, i feel ive got not much but problems facing my way, so im considering to shut off my tumblr and stick to Ekas Portal and perhaps start up a SFW deviantart from a fresh start for any who is interrested.

I want to keep casual when i draw now, and not try to enforce myself to finish what started anymore just because i want to see the comments. I want to draw because i want to see it through now, but ill appreciate any comments i get along the road.

stay silly my friends <3
Comment on Update about improving my personality.

Comments
shdingo

Posted by shdingo 8 years ago Report

Best of wishes mate. can't see what you manage in a happier place.

[ Reply ]

GTSdev

Posted by GTSdev 8 years ago Report

"shdingo" wrote:
Best of wishes mate. can't see what you manage in a happier place.

Cheers silly bro :3

[ Reply ]

Walthis

Posted by Walthis 8 years ago Report

Sounds reasonable, I'd watch your deviantart if/when you decide to make one! Take it easy, GTS :B

[ Reply ]

Variant

Posted by Variant 8 years ago Report

Just do you, mate. I respect your art and always look forward to seeing more, whenever you feel comfortable drawing it, and wanting to do it in a good state of mind is what's important. Art is art.

[ Reply ]

SplitterPic

Posted by SplitterPic 8 years ago Report

hope you will feel better after your decisions ^w^
do always what can give you happiness and make you feel better ^^
maybe when you will open the DA gallery, let us know, so we can continue to follow you and your awesome art ^w^

[ Reply ]

Birichino

Posted by Birichino 8 years ago Report

If you're taking commissions, you'll want to be in a drawing mood more than ever. People will just have to understand it might take some time for a quality product, because mental health regulations is kind of inconvenient sometimes.

You just have to not draw for a faceless mass. It can be for you (and therefore what you want) or for another person, but mass appeal is too easy to project your own concerns onto and just feel unfulfilled pandering to.

[ Reply ]

NodDragon

Posted by NodDragon 8 years ago Report

I am glad to hear that you have chosen this route of drawing when you feel creative and taking it casual.
I can´t wait to see what you come up with in the future, not matter what it is, and I hope it is going to help you. ^^
Just have it good and be happy doing what you want to do :)

[ Reply ]

GTSdev

Posted by GTSdev 8 years ago Report

"Birichino" wrote:
If you're taking commissions, you'll want to be in a drawing mood more than ever. People will just have to understand it might take some time for a quality product, because mental health regulations is kind of inconvenient sometimes.

You just have to not draw for a faceless mass. It can be for you (and therefore what you want) or for another person, but mass appeal is too easy to project your own concerns onto and just feel unfulfilled pandering to.

you put it better than me, thank you :)

[ Reply ]