Archive > Sunkissedlover > Blog > The big day is all most here. [Report]
Sunkissedlover

The big day is all most here.

Posted by Sunkissedlover 8 years ago

The Turkey is in the brine, the Pies are done, the rolls are made, and ready to be baked. The stuffing is reading, as are the Potatoes. Every thing (not including the Turkey) is ready or just about ready. All I have to do now is just keep Jace from trying to eat any of it before 1pm when diner will be served. It's nice having His sister and brother in-law over here helping, and his mom is still the best at making hot coco. His dad bought a good size turkey that should feed every one that want's some, and we have a ham for those that do not like Turkey, and as this is south Texas we all so have smoked brisket that Jace has been working on all day. My sister is also going to bring her super awesome home made Tamales! Because you know it's a Texas thing.
Now I said that I have to keep Jace from trying to touch any of the food before it's time to eat, I have taken steps to help cover my bases with this. I have bought him, a copy of the new battle front star wars, and moved his X-box 1 t the bed room, and set it up to our big ass TV. I have all so filled the mini fridge, (that I moved from the home office to his side of the bed) With his favorite sodas, and beer. If this works there will be no pies missing a slice, or any missing dinner rolls, or any thing.
All so I just learned from my father in law that Jace's cousin Jace might be dropping by to say hi, but not to eat. I'm okay with him coming by, and I will try my hardest to force feed him food till he can't walk. As is tradition in my family. (No one leaves my house with out gaining a few pounds. NO ONE!) but what really kind of freaks me out is that both Jace (my husband), and his cousin Jace where born on the same day, the same year, at the same time (more or less) in the same state, and in hospitals that had the same name. They all so are both Geologist, and drive VW station wagons, that are grey. If I hadn't seen them standing side by side I would swear that it was all some sort of very complex plot to fuck with me. They all so look a lot a like, just with small variations from one to the other.
But with all that said I wish every one a Happy, and safe Thanksgiving, and to our friends, and family in Canada have a good Thursday.
Comment on The big day is all most here.

Comments

No comments yet, make a comment please