Archive > blackrain > Blog > Kick you when your down [Report]
blackrain

Kick you when your down

Posted by blackrain 7 years ago

First off I want to say thanks to all those that answered my last blog when I was feeling down and I asked/need someone to chat with. Thanks to all those new friends that answered my call and started chatting with me over Skype and PM here on Eka's. Thanks so much it has really help me out so much, and has given me so great ideas to move forward with some new comics I want to work on. So if anyone want to still chat I would love to, PM me or look me up on Skype: [email protected]

To that some of my new friends said I should let other people know about the problems and troubles that have befallen be the past few weeks.

We can start with the big one.

Over the Mothers Day Holiday weekend it was also my parents 60th birthday, both of theirs. Dad was born in the morning and Mom in the Evening, so they where both turning 60 years old on Saturday. With how far away I live I don't get to go home as often as I like. Now with my new job working nights I was able to leave Saturday morning after work, shower, throw my bag in my truck and hit the road. It's only about 400 miles 6 and half hour drive. So after being up all night driving my deliver route I was going to drive another 6 hours to go home to surprise my parents for their birthday. They didn't know I was coming down, my siblings where keeping that a secrete. When I walk in the door, a half hour late for the party, walked up behind my mother, taped her on the shoulder, and when she turned around seeing me she was so surprised. A big hug and some tears later the party went on. The next day I spent it doing stuff for my mother and that night head back home. That's when my troubles started. I was about 150 miles from home when my transmission over heated and I had to pull over to let it cool down. After it had cooled for ten minutes it went back into gear and I was able to start driving again, but I had to driver slower to keep the transmission temp down. Everything seemed fine until I got about 30 miles from home climbing the last hill, when the transmission started slipping out of gear. I thought I was going to be stranded on the hill, but it went back into gear when the truck speed down to about 20 miles an hour. I had to limp home. The next day, the truck ran at other then it was shifting hard. When I got it into the shop I found out what I feared, my transmission had been damage when it over heated and had to be replaced. It was going to be over $5,000 to replace, $5,000 I didn't have. It's more money putting me deeper in debt. I had been slowly working on getting me self out of debt had a plan in place and then this happened.

A few day after I got home from my parents birthday party, I got a call from the Property Manager that take care of my apartment. The owner of my apartment wants to sale it and was wanting to know if I would be willing to move out of the apartment. They are willing to let me out of my lease so I can move into a new place. Which luck as it, the apartment next door is going to be vacant at the end of the month. So now I have to rebox all my life up and get ready to move at the end of the month. I hope it will be the last move of a good long while.

One of the long running problems I have been working on is my old laptop, its over 6 years old, and its slowly having problems running a lot of the newer programs and updates. Half the time I have to reboot the computer to see if it will run right. The internet, streams, and other online stuff can be a pain to view at times being slow or not wanting to load at all. Right now my laptop is having problems working with my drawing tablet. That is one reason why I haven't posted any new inked or colored drawings for a while now. I get tired of rebooting the laptop 12 times in a row hope the tablet will work. Most of the time I have to reload the tablet software to get it to work and run right. I have been saving up to get a new laptop to replace the old one, but with the truck problems I may have to spend that money on the truck repair bill. I was only a few hundred dollar short to getting the new one too.

So I'm putting this out, if anyone is willing or want to help me out I'm open to taking commission to help me raise money to pay my bills, help me pay the repair bill on my truck, and hopefully get closer to a new laptop. With a new laptop I plan on doing a lot more art projects, and starting some animations work too. Hopefully streaming too. If anyone is interesting in helping me out and want a comic PM me with your idea and we can go from there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I needed to get this out. Thanks.
Comment on Kick you when your down

Comments
mmcalpine1988

Posted by mmcalpine1988 7 years ago Report

What about a plain old donation. If people cant do a comic or anything else is it possible for donations. I'm not saying that i wouldn't want to help but curious about just a donation to help, but if art is just what you want to do to receive money that way i understand completely.

[ Reply ]

blackrain

Posted by blackrain 7 years ago Report

"mmcalpine1988" wrote:
What about a plain old donation. If people cant do a comic or anything else is it possible for donations. I'm not saying that i wouldn't want to help but curious about just a donation to help, but if art is just what you want to do to receive money that way i understand completely.

Well I hadn't thought of just plan old donation, it never occurred that anyone mite be willing to just want to help out by donating money to me. I wont say I'm not against taken donation. I just felt no one would help me out unless I didn't offer anything in return.

[ Reply ]