Archive > Rayen > Blog > ARPG Patreon Questions / Life Stuff [Report]
Rayen

ARPG Patreon Questions / Life Stuff

Posted by Rayen 7 years ago

Okay, so as I've said in the past couple of ARPG posts, I'll be moving again pretty soon. I'm heading back to the town I used to live in, and I've already talked with my old boss there. Getting a weekend job won't be an issue at all, so everything should be fine.

However, the more funds I can get through ARPG and related projects, the more time I can spend working on those. My monthly bills are going to be about $450-$500 at this new place, and I currently get $200 through Patreon.

So here's my question for you guys. Are there things that you guys would be willing to fund to add to ARPG or something? I don't really want to do anything that dramatically changes the story, but maybe there's something else I can do?

Another question is just a general one for ideas of stuff that I can add to Patreon that might make it more interesting. As of this moment, the only "exclusive" things backers get are game demos, but I haven't had a ton of time to actually get any of those going very well.

I realize this entire blog post is basically "how can I make more money", but well... coming up with ideas like this is something I am very bad at. I've never been good at money-making ideas. :V

Obviously, I want stuff that isn't greedy or evil. I want to keep exclusive stuff fairly low. I don't know, throw ideas at me! Let me know what you guys can think of. You guys can even tell me things that aren't really money related. I'm always looking for ways to improve ARPG! :V

I'll be moving around October 15th, so I still have plenty of time to get more ARPG stuff out there.

(This blog post is kinda all over the place but oh well. I just wanna see if you guys have some ideas. :V)
Comment on ARPG Patreon Questions / Life Stuff

Comments
DeityV

Posted by DeityV 7 years ago Report

Hmm, some ideas could be a monthly sketch lottery, early access to that game whenever it starts to take shape, I do think that the "What-ifs" could be very interesting. That could also serve as an early access thing as well. Maybe make voting like a $3 tier? Most of what I've seen from other Patreons have been sketch lotteries, early access, HD content, exclusive content, and monthly drawings and such. Of course, ARPG is a much different situation.

[ Reply ]

CrazedCultist

Posted by CrazedCultist 7 years ago Report

"DeityV" wrote:
HD content

You don't want HD Birb Content, It is Truly the most EVIL THING I have ever seen.

[ Reply ]

TotallyRandom

Posted by TotallyRandom 7 years ago Report

'What if?' could be improved. Currently it isn't the incentive it could be.
- Make a fixed schedule when you release it, like last Wednesday of the month or something similar. It could take the position of a regular update.
- Only have one 'What if?' at a time. Last time you choose 3 winners, we will not have another vote in months. In the meantime there is no incentive to support you.
- Also raise the tier for making a suggestion to something like 10$. (The average patreon allready pays 10$)

Some random ideas:
- Patreon designed chars as NPCs, who will definitely not join the party. Something like Gina or Doc Mitchell.
- Patreon designed chars as disposable villains, like unnamed bandit in 2-84. Or red shirts that just get nomed to demonstrate how evil the next boss is. This rpg could use some more vore and random bandit encounters are a good food source. (Compare the view count of non-vore updates and vore updates.)

They will not have a big impact on the story, but it could be funny.
All of course at a higher reward tier. Like 10$-20$.
Make a list were people are added when they subscribe to a reward tier. The top one is chosen and returned to the back, when his/her char made an appearance. New subscribers are added at the back. This way you avoid the legal issue with raffles.

[ Reply ]