Is the Disturbedthings forum gone?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Is the Disturbedthings forum gone?

Postby Kyron » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:46 am

I tryed to visit the Disturbedthings forum today, but unfortunately the forum seems to be gone.

instead of the forum a other site appears who is telling that the domain disturbedthings.com is expired and must be renew.

Someone who knows what is going on?
Kyron
New to the forum

Re: Is the Disturbedthings forum gone?

Postby brad4570 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:49 am

i tried it too and got an info website for poeple with mental problems.
brad4570
New to the forum

Postby Conn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:18 am

The site has been hacked before perhaps its fallen victim to it again?
Conn
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby serapisdeath » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:10 am

I just dropped by there and saw that it was missing. I hadn't heard anything about any deliberate closure of the site so I've got my fingers crossed that it was just another hack.
serapisdeath
Been posting for a bit

Postby cardinal_chunder » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:15 am

I'm sure it just another one of Distubedthings annual hiccups, the same thing happened last year. If the site was closing down the Doc, Flipper or Psychoboy would definitely of mentioned it.
cardinal_chunder
Been posting for a bit

Postby psychoboy07 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:00 pm

cardinal_chunder wrote:I'm sure it just another one of Distubedthings annual hiccups, the same thing happened last year. If the site was closing down the Doc, Flipper or Psychoboy would definitely of mentioned it.

Thanks for the support, cardinal. Much appreciated.

Seeing as neither Doc nor Flipper have contacted me otherwise, I believe it is safe to assume Disturbed Things is still "active". As cardinal said, the current SNAFU is only temporary, and I would advise members to please have some patience and understanding in the matter. As awe-inspiring and awesomely awesome Doc and Flipper are, they're only human with much on their schedules in RL. Once they are aware of the situation, I can assure everyone here it will be taken care of immediately.

Anyone seeking to placate their daily vore needs may easily do so here, where a lot of high-caliber artwork and stories exist, if you look for them, or even at Fantasy Danger Island as well.

Feel free to PM at any time should you have any more questions, and thank you all for your concern. It means a lot to me, and I'm sure it would to Doc and/or Flipper were they members here.

8) Ben
psychoboy07
Participator

Postby ALPHABETA24 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:12 pm

HI All,

Cordially, ALPHABETA24
Last edited by ALPHABETA24 on Fri May 24, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ALPHABETA24
Been posting for a bit

Postby ALPHABETA24 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:34 pm

[b]P.S. to the above,
Last edited by ALPHABETA24 on Fri May 24, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHABETA24
Been posting for a bit

Postby Eka » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:28 pm

This have nothing to do with hacking. The domain name is simply expired at Jan - 10 - 2010. Just go to any domain registerar and look up inform on this domain.

At this point, the owner of this domain name can pay a fine (Usually around $100) for "late renewal" and re-obtain the domain name for one month. However, if another month pass by without action, the domain name will be open for public. For a site with some reputation, this will likely get snatched up automatically by some marketing firm.
Eka
Administrator

Postby innertrack » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Eka wrote:This have nothing to do with hacking. The domain name is simply expired at Jan - 10 - 2010. Just go to any domain registerar and look up inform on this domain.

At this point, the owner of this domain name can pay a fine (Usually around $100) for "late renewal" and re-obtain the domain name for one month. However, if another month pass by without action, the domain name will be open for public. For a site with some reputation, this will likely get snatched up automatically by some marketing firm.

Thanks for the info. I checked via betterwhois.com and confirmed this. Like everyone else, I had figured it was a redirect hack, because that actually did occur a year or so ago.

Charles
innertrack
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:05 pm

innertrack wrote:Thanks for the info. I checked via betterwhois.com and confirmed this. Like everyone else, I had figured it was a redirect hack, because that actually did occur a year or so ago.

Charles

Probably the same thing last time actually. Being hacked almost -never- send you to a redirect site.
Eka
Administrator

Postby KavenBach » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:19 pm

After checking around at FantasyDangerIsland I can confirm (through posts made there) that the EXACT same thing happened last year on January 9th. For those worried: as Psychoboy07 pointed out, this is merely a hiccup.

Thanks for your experienced words as well, Eka.
"Lady, I WARNED you that my plants wouldn't tolerate tresspassers, either! NOW look at you!"
"Mmh! Mmh!"

https://www.patreon.com/KavenBach
KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby psychoboy07 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 pm

An update was posted by Flipper, one of the administrators of Disturbed Things. As it turns out, events in RL (or "real life") interfered with the management of Disturbed Things, but assurances were made that the site will indeed be back up and running soon.

On behalf of the Disturbed Things administration, I would like to thank each and every person who posted or sent me a private message for their concern with this matter. It means a lot to me, as I'm sure it would for the administrators, Flipper, and thedoctor to see members care this much for a fetish-based message boards.

Thanks again,
- Ben
psychoboy07
Participator

Postby psychoboy07 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Well, everyone, I am afraid I have some news to bring. It saddens me that I am to be the only person to tell you this, but I am certain other, more experienced members would have liked to tell you first. I apologize in advance, as there is no other way for me to be able to say this, but . . .

Spoiler: show
Disturbed Things is now up and running again! Hooray! :P
psychoboy07
Participator

Postby cardinal_chunder » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:54 pm

Thats just plain evil :lol:

Well it was working earlier at least, it appears to have gone back to the This domain name expired page.
cardinal_chunder
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jacquelope » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:53 am

psychoboy07 wrote:Well, everyone, I am afraid I have some news to bring. It saddens me that I am to be the only person to tell you this, but I am certain other, more experienced members would have liked to tell you first. I apologize in advance, as there is no other way for me to be able to say this, but . . .

Spoiler: show
Disturbed Things is now up and running again! Hooray! :P

Hahahahah! Good one.
Experiment: Will a grenade kill a giant naga by exploding in its belly?
Test #1: Inconclusive. Grenade exploded in naga''s mouth.
Test #2: Inconclusive. Grenade exploded in naga's throat.
Further tests delayed until another live specimen can be acquired.
Jacquelope
???

Postby tod3690 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:48 am

I love how some will over react.
tod3690
---

Postby YuriFan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:45 pm

I never will understand why domain expirations like this are so common. It costs like $10 a year to renew a domain. Not exactly something that's difficult to keep on top of. :lol:
YuriFan
Participator

Postby cliff1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:08 pm

psychoboy07 wrote:Well, everyone, I am afraid I have some news to bring.

You scared the sh*t out of me. It's good to know DT isn't over.

Now, when are you guys going to let me in?
cliff1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby psychoboy07 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:23 pm

cliff1 wrote:Now, when are you guys going to let me in?

Either Doc or Flipper have disabled registration for the present for multiple reasons. Among them are ungrateful members accusing the administration (including myself, even though I have no way of admitting anyone) of foul play, family tragedies in the past for Doc, hectic RL schedules for Flipper, and the site having been hacked twice this year alone, among many other things.

I ask that you have some patience in the matter, cliff, as both Doc and Flipper would be happy for anyone to join, but need to see to their RL commitments first. As soon as registration opens again, I will be sure to let you and anyone else interested know.

Until then, there's plenty of stuff here at Eka's for anyone's particular "tastes" to keep everyone "happy". If not, try joining another vore or fetish-based message board or website. You'll be surprised how many of them overlap with vore.

I apologize for not being much help, but that's all I can do at the present moment.

- Ben
psychoboy07
Participator

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion