vore based dating sites? "Serious thread"

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: vore based dating sites? "Serious thread"

Postby OmnicidalZero » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Some people here say that starting a relationship based on a fetish is a bad idea. It is, but if everyone on the site has the vore fetish(a portion of those people matching your vore interests), then you can look past that and focus on other qualities you look for in a partner. It would have many problems, but I think the few vorephile couples made would be worth the trouble of the site.
OmnicidalZero
Somewhat familiar

Postby ZekeWild » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:13 am

well, you'd think that in todays world were people are not told in school, "how to pic up women"
and so many people believe everything they see in the movies, how the nice guy gets the girl act. that there would be loads of unsatisfied desperate males looking to satisfy their inner needs, and more man would be out looking for females then females looking for men ((most of the hot ones)) would be with RL men and NOT on a dating site.

possibly a more toned down site such as a regular dating site that has vore as an option to pic, "Yes i engoy vore" or "No i do not enjoy vore"

although tina i do agree with you that females need to feel safer and less intimidated on such websites.

i myself as a male much more enjoy Preding females then being a prey for females.
i could see how girls could get anoyed on the countless emails along the lines of,
"please miss goddess would you eat me?"
man thousands of emails i'd just be like, "fuck of guys"
for i have experienced something similar of course not on such a scale.

Also their is an issue with everyone being in different countries states act.
"GULP" sorry Babe, you tasted to good :)
ZekeWild
Participator

Postby her » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:21 pm

I think it would be like any other dating site: flawed and risky. But so what? Does that really make it such a horrible idea? I think the only way to really test that would be to try it out. To be honest, i'm surprised so many people are content to role play and everything, but never to meet in person, when I feel like that's the only real way of experiencing someone. Also, does anyone on here know of a dating site that lends itself well to listing/searching for common fetishes? O.K. cupid used to have a function where you could search for key words in ppl's profiles but it doesn't anymore :(

for people who are saying that you can't develop true romance around a fetish I don't know if i agree. Maybe sexual preferences stem from other more deep rooted commonalities like the desire for a specific type of intimacy. also, just because having the same fetish doesn't mean you're soul mates doesn't make it a bad starting point. After all is it really deeper to base your interest in someone on their income/body type/astrological sign like most dating sites do? I would argue that having a common fetish is way more telling than most of the information on "normal people" dating sites.
her
Been posting for a bit

Postby Artemis » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:42 pm

her wrote:I think it would be like any other dating site: flawed and risky. But so what? Does that really make it such a horrible idea?

I mean, dating sites tend to be a cesspool of creepiness and hostility towards women. So yeah, gonna have to call it a horrible idea if it's "like any other dating site". I like the 'idea', but I don't think there's any way to make this work.

imho, if I wanted to find romance with a voraphile I'd just go in the chat and make some friends~ See if anything comes from it. My chances would be just as low, with a bit less creep and hostility.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ephriam » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:54 pm

I think vore is too rare to make a dedicated dating site for people interested in local meetings. A vore connection would probably have to piggyback onto another site that's fetish-friendly in general, like a version of fetlife geared towards dating. Oddly enough, one of the few times I've met a vorephile in person it was through a popular dating site, but neither of us identified with a vore interest on our profiles or our private discussions. It was just like we met up and the conversation quickly drove toward weird fetishes we had in common. If that's a regular experience then I feel there could be a constellation of traits that are inherited with certain genres of sexual interests. I'm taking a stab and guessing that foot fetishes are mostly a submissive male thing, so imagery of stylized women's shoes might draw out submissive males. So there might be some other features that draw out vorephiles and will give them a higher than chance rate at finding each other if you have a pervy enough crowd.
Ephriam
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ephriam » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:05 pm

Also if you're interested in meeting up with people into vore, your chances are way better at geeky conventions (anime, furry, sci-fi, ect). It's a high concentration of weird people packed into a venue. I've gone to so many conventions where I've just stumbled onto dens of outre fetish play, moreso than in the local kink scene. I'm pretty sure I had a couple people send me vore hints at random conventions. It comes with a caveat though - consider how weird you think you are. Like all your faults and embarrassing things and issues and social problems, ect. Now remember that everyone else has similar things hounding them. Get ready to meet people as weird as you are.
Ephriam
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby fixated1 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:46 pm

Artemis wrote:
her wrote:I think it would be like any other dating site: flawed and risky. But so what? Does that really make it such a horrible idea?

I mean, dating sites tend to be a cesspool of creepiness and hostility towards women. So yeah, gonna have to call it a horrible idea if it's "like any other dating site". I like the 'idea', but I don't think there's any way to make this work.

And a cesspool of bots trying to lead men into scams. I'm also not interested in that. I'd also rather look here.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RoTheHuman » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:26 pm

I have to agree with the people saying that there's probably not enough voraphiles to make a vore specific dating site feasible. And it's probably not because there's not enough voraphiles in the world period, but more because in order for the site to be useful it needs to hit a critical mass of people using it to make it worthwhile for others to join. With a niche kink like vore it's unlikely ever to reach that point. It's already hard enough for general purpose dating sites to hit that critical mass -- only a few of them have, and the rest are basically useless due to a lack of members.

Much better would be a general purpose kink dating / hookup site that lets you pick from a wide variety of kinks and look for matching partners. Why doesn't this exist yet? Fetlife doesn't count since it's really more of a social media site than a dating or hookup site. But there's a lot kinksters out there.
RoTheHuman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RoTheHuman » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:46 pm

As for the male / female ratio thing, my two cents:

I very much suspect that vore is *not* actually male dominated, in that if there was some way to wave a wand and magically know how many people have a vore kink, latent or otherwise, and what their demographics are, I bet it would be much more equal. So this is to say that I think the reasons we see fewer women in the vore community is fundamentally a cultural issue, but also one that feeds back on itself.

(And bear in mind that everything I'm about to say applies to western cultures, and more specifically American culture. How much it applies outside of that I can't say.)

1. The mainstream perceptions of female sexuality lead to it being less likely that any individual woman will be willing to freely explore theirs. Generally women are expected to be sexual, but not too sexual, but also not too frigid, and have to maintain certain appearances in order to be considered desirable. Men have different expectations and stereotypes that tend to condition them for being more sexual and less concerned with maintaining a particular sexual image, outside of being someone that has lots of sex. These are both destructive and generally toxic views of male and female sexuality, but the upshot is that you're less likely to see a women than a man actively exploring and engaging with an atypical kink that's outside of the sphere of acceptability in the mainstream, which absolutely includes vore. (Note that certain kinks, particularly things like basic domination and bondage, are gaining more acceptability in the mainstream and are therefore seeing a rise in female participants.)

2. Because of 1), women are less likely to be involved in an online kink community like the vore community, and heterosexual men are more likely to be proactive and trying to find female partners, resulting in any women who do show up receiving abnormally large and often overwhelming amounts of attention, both positive and negative, but very often negative.

3. Because of 2), lots of women who attempt to be part of the community are driven away, thus exacerbating the issue further. This is the issue feeding back on itself.

It presents a serious chicken and egg problem: you need a certain threshold of female membership in order to make female membership more typical and spread out the attention female members receive. But you can't do that when the current female members are receiving overwhelming amounts of often negative attention. This problem exists in pretty much all dating, hookup, and kink communities everywhere, but atypical kinks like vore have it the worst. And all of it is further hindered by all of the cultural issues above. It's bad enough that the male attention women receive can be overwhelming, but the fact that so much of it is negative, abusive or laden with toxic entitlement makes it all the much worse.

My hope is that as people become more open and accepting of different sexualities as well as more knowledgable of boundaries and compassionate behavior, which is a trend I see continuing, eventually it'll get to the point where it's a lot more acceptable and easy for everyone to just be open about who they are, both men and women, and the communities that form will be more equal in their gender ratios and less abrasive towards women. But we have a long way to go before that happens, sadly.
RoTheHuman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RoTheHuman » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:47 pm

fixated1 wrote:And a cesspool of bots trying to lead men into scams. I'm also not interested in that. I'd also rather look here.

That's another good point. The over abundance of male attention and desire I was talking about leads to it being easily exploitable, leading to further disfunction in online kink / hookup communities.
RoTheHuman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby jaykayeight » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:05 pm

i think there could be vore get togethers to see if folks would get along anyways. but in theory i think people into vore share alot of mindset :D
could get neat. my guess about the ratio of genders into vore least 50 - 50. if not even more female then male... but i cant prove it.
jaykayeight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Gabriel0813 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:13 pm

I don't know i think having someone who into the same fetish as you is kind of nice at least you wont have to weird them out when you tell them what your into, I don't know about vore being something you see another female be into but that just me cause don't know any girls who are into vore.
Gabriel0813
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kitsouille » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:32 am

I can already see the problem of the huge amount of male prey looking for female pred on Eka's being repeated on a vore dating site. And lots of trolling. Either by people making an account to troll actual vorarephiles or by making cringe posts on comedy websites. I think it'd be a more reliable idea if there was a dating thread here, IF it is allowed by the rules.
Kitsouille
???

Postby ThrobbertDarwin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:50 am

Has to be hands down one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, beaten only by the likes of BronyMate. Even ignoring communities like /b/ and ED having a fucking field day, there's still gonna be the problem of hundreds of thirsty prey men looking for the dozen or so pred ladies who'd actually bother with a site like that, and all the other preferences caught in the middle. And to top it all off, if what I've mentioned doesn't end up finishing it, I guarantee you there's gonna be at least one cannibal who doesn't understand the site and ends up killing someone, and the media and puritans will lap it up like there's no tomorrow.

There's no way this can end well. None.
yiff my murr hole oWo
ThrobbertDarwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sehnsucht » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:35 am

It's worth mentioning that any decent BDSM community will be made up of a surprisingly large proportion of friendly, open-minded and interesting people. Our kink's pretty fascinating, so you're likely to be something interesting if you ever go to a meet-up.
Sehnsucht
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ehfinewhatever » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:49 am

Why was this nearly 5-year-old thread bumped, especially since the idea was torn down even back when the thread was new?
ehfinewhatever
New to the forum

Postby Newtonne » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:05 pm

Finding normal women is difficult enough as is. Finding women preds is like winning the lottery. I would love to have a partner interested in vore, but it's simply unrealistic. If you find a women/man who loves you, I'm sure they will be willing to accept your mutated biological imperative.
Everything I say is fantasy. Feel free to pm me about vore and stuff. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=53047
Newtonne
Somewhat familiar

Postby night22 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:08 am

ehfinewhatever wrote:Why was this nearly 5-year-old thread bumped, especially since the idea was torn down even back when the thread was new?

I came here to ask the same thing. People can't read dates on this site.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dst3313 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:15 am

Irony would be if I waited three years to post the reply of "damn straight!" to you. Alas, I'm also impatient. x3
dst3313
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion