Why do some consider humans boring?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Why do some consider humans boring?

Postby dangerous » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:27 pm

you play a human in RL, why would you play one in RP / in games.. ;)

Call me crazy but my main alt in WoW is a human mage. And I guarantee it can stunlock you before you get a chance to scream.

Hehe I play a human female on a MMORPG and have tried elven women. Wow I managed to say that without giving away what game I play :P.

I can guess 3 MMORPGs and have a 90% chance of success: WoW, Rift, D&D. Sorry, you gave away SW-TOR by the elf lol.

Also, personally I can't see what is so terrible about reality. I mean, I can understand wanting to RP as others sometimes, but consciously avoiding something all together...
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby SableCross » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:18 am

I think someone already said this on here, but I think the reason most people think humans are boring is because most of them are prey and almost all of those have that "Oh, please eat me" stereotype, and I will admit that I sometimes do that but only when I'm RPing as myself. My character though, who is also human, is rather unwilling and will tend to fight back if you try to do anything to harm him.

When it comes to preds, I prefer my humans to be prey but I do like human preds if done right.

KHDownloads

Cast in the name of god, ye not guilty.

I have three Gs in my life: Guns, G-Forces and G-Spots. I will be victory.
SableCross
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dangerous » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:28 am

SableCross wrote:most of them are prey and almost all of those have that "Oh, please eat me" stereotype.

Really? In my experience they have been just the opposite. They tend to be more realistic, thus more realistic in how they would act when being prey, thus more UNwilling. Perhaps you have had bad luck/I have had good luck? Idk.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby SableCross » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:33 am

dangerous wrote:
SableCross wrote:most of them are prey and almost all of those have that "Oh, please eat me" stereotype.

Really? In my experience they have been just the opposite. They tend to be more realistic, thus more realistic in how they would act when being prey, thus more UNwilling. Perhaps you have had bad luck/I have had good luck? Idk.

Yeah, maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

KHDownloads

SableCross
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Crimson » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:59 am

Even leaving vore out of it, I find humans an extremely boring race. No tails, no sharp claws, if we drink out of a puddle we die from 50 different and horrible diseases. We are boring.
Crimson
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby C-B-A » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:19 am

Crimson wrote:Even leaving vore out of it, I find humans an extremely boring race. No tails, no sharp claws, if we drink out of a puddle we die from 50 different and horrible diseases. We are boring.

but humans have a developed neocortex, have technology on 5 objects in our solar system, have walked on another world, have a piece of technology that's 1818 km away traveling at 17.26 km/s, understand the basic working of the cosmos, humans have culture, literature, language. humans are by no means boring, physically we are also a testament to evolution, we don't need tails, claws, or to drink dirty water.

just saying, humans are much more interesting then any animal...but individual people or boring as f**k.
Regional mad scientist and belly inspector
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby Houyo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:05 am

I find individual people great.

Me for example. I rock.

And you. You're pretty cool too.

All of you.
Houyo
???

Postby C-B-A » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:17 am

Houyo wrote:I find individual people great.

Me for example. I rock.

And you. You're pretty cool too.

All of you.

Regional mad scientist and belly inspector
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby Baz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:07 am

Personally I agree with a lot of what folks have said; I'm a human IRL, and find my species boring. I play a human in the game of life, I don't want to play one in other games unless I have to.

Nonhumans come in SO many more interesting shapes and sizes than humans do. A 21,190lb humantaur would look odd, whereas a 21,190lb hippotaur is more proportionate, for example.
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Postby Houyo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:19 am

Houyo
???

Postby dangerous » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:27 pm

Even leaving vore out of it, I find humans an extremely boring race. No tails, no sharp claws, if we drink out of a puddle we die from 50 different and horrible diseases. We are boring.

All this says is that humans are not good preds..
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby SableCross » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:07 pm

We do make good prey though, especially if we put up a good fight.

KHDownloads

SableCross
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dangerous » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:14 pm

We do make good prey though, especially if we put up a good fight.

Exactly. :)
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Imrhys » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:24 pm

I started to type how most of my characters where human, human based, and that my favorite prey are female humans, even in fantasies. Then it dawned on me, my preds are all supernatural THINGS that look human. Kitsune, demoness, shape-changing absorbing sort of human, vampire, undead "thing". Even my tentacle beast was originally human, cursed into that existence.

Humans are boring, lol, but they make excellent prey. I guess as 4ofswords and others have said, it is a matter of humans are what we all stare at all day, so something a bit more fantastic is what we need to get us going at this point.

And considering the neko's, cat girls & boys, kitsunes, panda's, and other things I have eaten around here... I can't argue with the thoughts of "this is why we have so many furries around here" argument. Just so long as she is sexy to my eye, though I prefer helplessness, adorablness, and "don't you just want to squeeze and hold her" traits, the race of such doesn't really matter.

Though... has anyone else noticed how asians tend to be treated like their own exotic race sometimes? Not complaining, because I do it too but... why? My guess? Why fantasize about what you can step out your front door and see at any hour of the day?

EDIT
Baz wrote:Nonhumans come in SO many more interesting shapes and sizes than humans do. A 21,190lb humantaur would look odd, whereas a 21,190lb hippotaur is more proportionate, for example.

Ya know, I'm not a taur fan, I find them marginally disturbing, BUT you make an excellent point here, because I've seen both of those before and the human one was seriously disturbing, lol.
"Mmmm," Purple eyes stare enviously at a young woman's chest. "I might have to borrow that..."

A bit later as whimpers of despair fade, Im'Rhys admires her newest bewb job, "Ooooh, these look so much better on me."
Imrhys
---

Postby Mark » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:57 pm

It occurs to me that it probably takes a human to find humans boring by default. Other species with the brainpower to dwell on such matters will probably reserve the same "taken for granted" position for themselves, after all, not us; a hypothetical intelligent wolf to whom pack dynamics and the needs of day-to-day survival were second nature might easily come up with some fascinating stories about us naked apes, our magical technology, and our general weirdness and unpredictability to entertain the pups with. So in calling humans boring, all one really accomplishes is confirming one's own humanity and thus, by that line of thinking, blandness... ;)
Mark
Participator

Postby Liz » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:01 pm

dangerous wrote:
you play a human in RL, why would you play one in RP / in games.. ;)

Call me crazy but my main alt in WoW is a human mage. And I guarantee it can stunlock you before you get a chance to scream.

Hehe I play a human female on a MMORPG and have tried elven women. Wow I managed to say that without giving away what game I play :P.

I can guess 3 MMORPGs and have a 90% chance of success: WoW, Rift, D&D. Sorry, you gave away SW-TOR by the elf lol.

Also, personally I can't see what is so terrible about reality. I mean, I can understand wanting to RP as others sometimes, but consciously avoiding something all together...

90% chance of being right. I said the name of the game in the second line 'Wow'
- Yeah I prefer humans or blood elves in that MMO - most other races are animated rather badly. However I won't play a human male because they look like Ken action figures.

Humans can be boring but making them exciting to the reader is something that makes them less Boring. Have a human Pred but make them interesting. Rather than Bob walks up to Jess and swallows her - have Bob looking for a good ambush point or even talking Jess into the right location without letting his feeling over take him.

Have Bob be worried about other humans finding out and ways to keep him off the suspect list after he has done the deed. Or even have a sexy female FBI agent come investergate him and after a short battle he gets seconds. I want to write this up now -.-
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby dangerous » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:04 pm

Mark wrote: So in calling humans boring, all one really accomplishes is confirming one's own humanity and thus, by that line of thinking, blandness... ;)

... I don't consider humans boring. Does that mean that I am not human? o.0
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby dangerous » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Yeah I prefer humans or blood elves in that MMO - most other races are animated rather badly. However I won't play a human male because they look like Ken action figures.

ALL races are animated rather badly in that MMO. And my mage is a male lol :S

Have a human Pred but make them interesting.

Nope.avi

Have a human PREY and have them be interesting by default.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby SableCross » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:12 pm

And we're not boring if you give us a good personality, because we may not look like much, but as long as we have good character traits, you'd be surprised at how we are at keeping up with furries, scalies, and what not.

KHDownloads

SableCross
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Liz » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:23 am

Well humans used their imagination to create Furrys, Naga's, Elves and other mythical creatures. Humans unlike most animals have fetishes (I dont know if animals do have them - correct me if I am wrong) like Vore so if Humans where boring they would not have done so. Humans built computers, made the internet, cars, houses and other marvels of the world in RL and so I don't think that is boring in the slightest.

Human Predators can be rather interesting, I love placing a potential predator human in a situation that forces them to act or die giving them the ability to embraces their darkest nature and fight against a bad situation.

All the RPs, all the pics, stories are created by humans - I don't think we are a species are boring.
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion