Why do some consider humans boring?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Why do some consider humans boring?

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:08 am

dangerous wrote:
Mark wrote: So in calling humans boring, all one really accomplishes is confirming one's own humanity and thus, by that line of thinking, blandness... ;)

... I don't consider humans boring. Does that mean that I am not human? o.0

Nope. Logic does not work that way. If you don't consider humans boring, that just means the rest of the statement does not apply to you and we remain as much in the dark about whether or not you are in fact human as before. ;)
Mark
Participator

Postby GREGOLE » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Some people like fantasy, some people like realism.

Some people want to build a world and be something else. Some people want to try and make it seem real, and to do that, have to leave out the more fantastic elements.

Humans are fine, and they're relatable, but in fantasy, sometimes people want to step out of it.

Simple as that.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Artemis » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:46 pm

First and foremost, because humans (or a large portion of us anyway) just love to pretend we're rebels/have a more refined taste. Same reason some of us are into vore in the first place. A lesser reason is that some people are escapists as was mentioned earlier. How much either effects any one individual is hard to say, but I've found that the former tends to be a factor more often than not, even if some would like to deny it.

As someone said earlier, believing humans to be boring is only confirmation of our own humanity, not that we /needed/ that confirmation. The lack of evidence does not imply the opposite.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zakuro » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Personally, I think that humans are not sexually atractive. Animals also are not sexually atractive.

But furries, anthropomorphic characters, are sexually atractive for me.
Zakuro
New to the forum

Postby Houyo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Neat.
Houyo
???

Postby Liz » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:48 pm

GREGOLE wrote:Some people like fantasy, some people like realism.

Some people want to build a world and be something else. Some people want to try and make it seem real, and to do that, have to leave out the more fantastic elements.

Humans are fine, and they're relatable, but in fantasy, sometimes people want to step out of it.

Simple as that.

Where is the 'Like' function for that comment ;)

I agree some people like to step out. I am thinking of doing Elven predators now - will discuss later.
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby Houyo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:08 pm

I think saying "I like this comment." will suffice.
Houyo
???

Postby C-B-A » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Zakuro wrote:Personally, I think that humans are not sexually atractive. Animals also are not sexually atractive.

a very straight forward answer, much like the opposite is true for me, anthropomorphic stuff is a no go for me, but humans are the best thing ever.
Regional mad scientist and belly inspector
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby dangerous » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:28 pm

C-B-A wrote:
Zakuro wrote:Personally, I think that humans are not sexually atractive. Animals also are not sexually atractive.

a very straight forward answer, much like the opposite is true for me, anthropomorphic stuff is a no go for me, but humans are the best thing ever.

Basically this.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby latte_lass » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Feral humans make amazing preds. Anthropomorphizing animals may give you a mix of human and animal traits that can be appealing, but feral human is just on a whole other level. Does anybody else remember Leeliu Multipass from the 5th Element? Does anyone remember her as anything but amazing?
latte_lass
Been posting for a bit

Postby C-B-A » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:10 pm

latte_lass wrote:Feral humans make amazing preds. Anthropomorphizing animals may give you a mix of human and animal traits that can be appealing, but feral human is just on a whole other level. Does anybody else remember Leeliu Multipass from the 5th Element? Does anyone remember her as anything but amazing?

Feral human? humans are not domesticated, nor dose returning to the wild change anything about us, I agree humans I love humans as both pred and prey but I'm not going to give them animal descriptions.
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby zarpaulus » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:16 pm

C-B-A wrote:
latte_lass wrote:Feral humans make amazing preds. Anthropomorphizing animals may give you a mix of human and animal traits that can be appealing, but feral human is just on a whole other level. Does anybody else remember Leeliu Multipass from the 5th Element? Does anyone remember her as anything but amazing?

Feral human? humans are not domesticated, nor dose returning to the wild change anything about us, I agree humans I love humans as both pred and prey but I'm not going to give them animal descriptions.

There are actually many anthropologists and sociologists who would disagree with you.
zarpaulus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SableCross » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Yes! She was awesome, she would make a great pred to be eaten by.

Leeloo wasn't exactly natural ether, she was created in a lab from a hand.

KHDownloads

Cast in the name of god, ye not guilty.

I have three Gs in my life: Guns, G-Forces and G-Spots. I will be victory.
SableCross
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Liz » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:32 pm

C-B-A wrote:

Agreed - Straight forwards Zakuro and Enjoy what you like.
C-B-A - I agree, I prefer humans over all (ESP in RL) else but I enjoy some Elfish and Naga characters also - depends on the style of the Artist when it comes to Fantasy.
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby C-B-A » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Madness wrote:Agreed - Straight forwards Zakuro and Enjoy what you like.
C-B-A - I agree, I prefer humans over all (ESP in RL) else but I enjoy some Elfish and Naga characters also - depends on the style of the Artist when it comes to Fantasy.

I agree with your agree, demihumans are fantastic in fantasy, elf's nagas/lamia, demons ECT....
it just has to be predominantly human and have no fur.
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby dangerous » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:04 pm

C-B-A wrote:it just has to be predominantly human and have no fur.

As a pred or prey?

*imagines predominantly human predator*

Error - Missing Parameter "awesomeness":
Default to "Rick Santorum" (Y/N)?
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby LilianiMirx » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:10 pm

When involved in fiction to pass the time, would I rather play as a human write about a human, draw a human or would I want to do something with a completely different species?
Humans are seen every single day and it's boring.
But with fictional races it feels fresh, you want to explore the new race and find out what it's all about.
Fictional races are exciting.
Humans are boring.

"But humans can be explore with their personalities, relationships and moral dilemmas!"
And so can fictional races.
They can be explore in every way a human can be explored, but more so.
LilianiMirx
Participator

Postby C-B-A » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:21 pm

dangerous wrote:
C-B-A wrote:it just has to be predominantly human and have no fur.

As a pred or prey?

*imagines predominantly human predator*

Error - Missing Parameter "awesomeness":
Default to "Rick Santorum" (Y/N)?

As pred and prey, no exemptions.
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby dangerous » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:33 pm

LilianiMirx wrote:They can be explore in every way a human can be explored, but more so.

The only problem with this logic is, that you are taking something HUGE (humanity) and essentially saying "lets add randomness to it!" The reason a pred (me) RPs is to get a feeling of what it would be like to be a predator (sure, maybe a predator with odd characteristics, but still a predator.) Having fantasy prey distorts that, and basically makes me have less of a clue of what is going on. I have no problem with preds being more fantastic, because the prey is not supposed to be expecting it. I do have a problem with prey being more fantastic, because the pred IS supposed to be expecting it. I am not a big meanie on fantasy or anything, I love fantasy. But I like fantasy that is GROUNDED in reality. Making -everything- fantastic is the same as having a random number generator. Making SOME THINGS fantastic is more interesting.

Anyways, another reason why human prey tends to be good is that fantastic prey seems to be uber "molded" to its roll as prey. Basically, something about how it is describes immediately tips you off "ok, this character is prey." Either that, or it is obviously designed to look sexy or something. Not that it is not natural for a HUMAN to do this when creating a character - it absolutely IS. Basically, by the very act of creating a non-human prey, you are giving away tons of the story. Good design of a vore story IMO is the least design, that all just HAPPENS to work out perfectly. The perfectly believable traits of the predator match the perfectly believable traits of what becomes prey, and this adds up to the ultimate downfall of the prey and success of the predator.

BASICALLY... I am bad at explaining things. Especially with the second paragraph. But in short, what I am trying to say there is that when the prey is too obviously molded for its purpose of getting vored, it becomes harder to play the pred, you cannot imagine yourself BEING the pred the same way as you could when you have a believable prey, and is thus less enjoyable.

:P

As pred and prey, no exemptions.

So you do Human Vs. Human? noty4me. That makes the predator wayyyyyyyy too close to the prey for my taste.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Artemis » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:57 pm

@dangerous:

*Imagines predominately non-human predator*

Error - Missing Parameter "awesomeness':
Default to "Furry Foxington" (Y/N)?

@LilianiMirx:

When involved in fiction to pass the time, would I rather play as an human write about a human, draw a human or would I want to do something with a completely different species?
Animals are seen every single day and it's boring.
But with non-fictional races it feels fresh, you want to explore the new race and find out what it's all about.
non-fictional races are exciting.
Animals are boring.

"But Animals can be explore with their personalities, relationships and moral dilemmas!"
And so can Humans.
They can be explore in every way a animal can be explored, but more so.

@No one in particular:
---

Gosh! I hope my point is clear. These opinions aren't based on fact. You can't /go/ on Eka's without seeing anthros. They are not remotely rare or unusual. They've been done a billion times. They are no better or worse than humans in terms of popularity. In fact, among people that play them all I see is /more/ complaining about the "overused" races as if all anyone cares about is being different! (Gosh, I would've never predicted that >>) I shouldn't even have to go into how I've never ever seen a race that wasn't just a human with an anthro appearance in terms of how personalities, relationships, and morals worked. If anything, they have minor, ignorable quirks related to their physical features.

TL;DR, anthros and humans are equals, like it or not.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion