Why do some consider humans boring?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Why do some consider humans boring?

Postby Ka-Atis » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:14 am

Now, why do I see humans as boring?
First, I don't necessarily see them as boring, but I have noticed I pretty often do -

Many human pred characters I see here don't work well as preds for me, not because of lack of sharp teeth or lack of claws or lack of whatever predator animal trait, but because of their facial expression. It has "please help me" written all over, or even "please don't hurt me". For me, a predator must have something aggressive and confident, but those characters so lack both.

Humans as prey, yeah that works for me nicely when the human looks tasty. Actually, it's what works best because of the sex-appeal, which adds to the pleasure, *if* it matches my taste. Athletic or muscled guys are great preys, but skinny girls bore me to death.
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Rumor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:49 pm

To address those questioning why I chose this specific topic instead of, say "Why do you like furries/elves/transdimensional hellspiders/angels/whatever?" or something along those lines was simply because this was the specific topic I was curious about. In Seeking RP topics, profiles in chat, and in some conversations I'd get/see the specific message "humans are boring" or "I'll only play with a human if they're interesting" or something along those lines. Hence I was curious about the specific opinions revolving around that specific topic. What species those individuals are actually interested in is completely and totally irrelevant.

So yeah, I'm not trolling or anything here, was just curious. I've been largely staying out of the conversation on purpose because I didn't want my own opinions on the subject to muck up the topic nor give false impressions of where I stand. Find humans interesting? That's fine. Find them boring? That's fine, though I just wanted to know why since nobody ever explained why prior to this topic (barring the one conversation I outright asked, but got pretty much a "I just do" response).

Though what particularly baffles me are the people who got offended for me asking, such as that one person who accused me of posing a ridiculous and presumptuous question. But then again, this is the internet. I could say 2 + 2 = 4 and make an enemy for life out of someone somewhere.
Rumor
Somewhat familiar

Postby dangerous » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Rumor wrote:"I'll only play with a human if they're interesting"

I will only play with a human if they are interesting as well, and humans are my favorite prey.

Though what particularly baffles me are the people who got offended for me asking, such as that one person who accused me of posing a ridiculous and presumptuous question. But then again, this is the internet. I could say 2 + 2 = 4 and make an enemy for life out of someone somewhere.

dealwithit.gif. First off, it is often hard to read the poster's intentions thru only text (which is why trolling only really works through the internet), and secondly, in all honesty some people get offended real easily.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Ka-Atis » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:54 am

Rumor wrote:To address those questioning why I chose this specific topic instead of, say "Why do you like furries/elves/transdimensional hellspiders/angels/whatever?" or something along those lines was simply because this was the specific topic I was curious about. In Seeking RP topics, profiles in chat, and in some conversations I'd get/see the specific message "humans are boring" or "I'll only play with a human if they're interesting" or something along those lines. Hence I was curious about the specific opinions revolving around that specific topic. What species those individuals are actually interested in is completely and totally irrelevant.

That's totally fine for me, I have no problems with that question.

Rumor wrote:Though what particularly baffles me are the people who got offended for me asking, such as that one person who accused me of posing a ridiculous and presumptuous question.

Hard to say, but I would guess he misread something.

Rumor wrote:2 + 2 = 4

How DARE you say such a thing?!!!!!!!!1111
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby nephilim » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:16 pm

I love human(ish) vore - pred and prey. So there :|
Especially if the predator is human(ish). Either some trait, attribute that makes them less-than human, but outwardly still resembling a humanoid. Demons come to mind... even werewolves. Even in their human "resting" state, that can serve as a turn on because you know there is something other-than lurking inside them (;
600k views - Click the banner for the content mecca
Webcomic Coming Winter '24
Read The Story Behind the Comic
Vore-Kink. Size-Kink. Legend & Lore
nephilim
???

Postby Estee » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Personally, I blame Disney. Anthros are just more exciting and exotic than humans which we see every damn day.
Estee
Participator

Postby C-B-A » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:22 pm

nephilim wrote:I love human(ish) vore - pred and prey. So there :|
Especially if the predator is human(ish). Either some trait, attribute that makes them less-than human, but outwardly still resembling a humanoid. Demons come to mind... even werewolves. Even in their human "resting" state, that can serve as a turn on because you know there is something other-than lurking inside them (;

I agree, demihumans are fantastic :D demons are my favorite.
Regional mad scientist and belly inspector
C-B-A
Heavy user

Postby LovelyMorsel » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:07 pm

Humans just don't appeal to me. I have never Roleplayed as a full human before simply because I prefer, at the very least, a demi-human. I also like to make my characters interesting, and of course this is easily done with personalities, special powers, etc., however in Vore I see more advantage in adding wings, scales, etc, to humans (or just using an entirely diffrent species) just because of the fact that it makes it more interesting when eating/being eaten and adds things like diffrent textures, tastes, etc.

Another reason I think I don't use humans is that I like to detach my fetishes (Such as Vore) entirely from real life, and not using a human is one of the ways to do that. So I don't really find humans 'boring' as much as they simply just don't appeal to me.
LovelyMorsel
New to the forum

Postby Liz » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:07 am

I find it easy enough to detach myself from Real Life.

As much as I enjoy my Real Life I also need time away from it, whether is in one fetish or another or other fantasies I can move away from Real Life. If I see a human in a fantasy book it is enough for me to detach from Real Life and enjoy it, I find good writing and artwork can make even the most mundane of species interesting and thus I strive to do that myself for I want readers to enjoy the idea I am putting out as much as I do!
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion