Why do some consider humans boring?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Why do some consider humans boring?

Postby Liz » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:05 pm

C-B-A wrote:
Madness wrote:Agreed - Straight forwards Zakuro and Enjoy what you like.
C-B-A - I agree, I prefer humans over all (ESP in RL) else but I enjoy some Elfish and Naga characters also - depends on the style of the Artist when it comes to Fantasy.

I agree with your agree, demihumans are fantastic in fantasy, elf's nagas/lamia, demons ECT....
it just has to be predominantly human and have no fur.

I agree with your.... Eh I just Agree no fur :P
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby dangerous » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Artemis wrote:@dangerous:

*Imagines predominately non-human predator*

Error - Missing Parameter "awesomeness':
Default to "Furry Foxington" (Y/N)?

I meant "terror" not "awesomeness."
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Artemis » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:04 pm

@Dangerous: Oh. Ehehe... that makes you sound a lot less judging of human lovers, I suppose, even if it's still an opinion. ><;
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dangerous » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Artemis wrote:@Dangerous: Oh. Ehehe... that makes you sound a lot less judging of human lovers, I suppose, even if it's still an opinion. ><;

It is just to me "terror"=="awesomeness"
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby ChildoftheSun » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 pm

So humans can't be terrifying?

Edit: Never mind. I'm removing myself from the discussion.
“The sun illuminates only the eye of the man, but shines into the eye and the heart of the child” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
ChildoftheSun
Somewhat familiar

Postby Artemis » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Terror is not necessarily good, unlike "Awesome", is why I don't find the notion judgemental.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dangerous » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Artemis wrote:Terror is not necessarily good, unlike "Awesome", is why I don't find the notion judgemental.

I meant in a vore context. And terror is good in a vore context :)
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Rumor » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:26 am

So for those who find humans boring because they're too real or not fantastical enough, what about humans with fantastical qualities? Shapeshifting, magic, flight, x-ray vision, stretchiness, unusually perceptive, psychic, destroy the world by raising an eyebrow, turns to ash and resurrects like a phoenix when he dies, carries a swiss army gun, is a normal guy being stalked by friendly and helpful ninjas, can manipulate fire, shuts off electronic devices when near them, can cause people to renounce their religion by flushing a toilet, has retractable claws, has prehensile dreadlocks, is tiny, is giant, is the child of a deity, is cursed by a voodoo shaman, vomits marbles, time travels, or whatever other countless examples you can come up with?

Not trying to argue here or anything like that, just seeking a bit of clarification if it's simply because they're human or if under normal and realistic circumstances that they're too mundane. Just a follow-up question of curiosity stemming from the discussion brought on by my original question of curiosity. The points brought up so far are all interesting and explain a lot, some of which I guessed, some I didn't.
Rumor
Somewhat familiar

Postby mixmaster450000 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:49 am

What a ridiculous and presumptuous question to begin with.
Rachel's Body, 3D render vore series. http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=22701

My Deviant Art galleries: http://mixmaster450000.deviantart.com/
mixmaster450000
Somewhat familiar

Postby Artemis » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:22 am

dangerous wrote:I meant in a vore context. And terror is good in a vore context :)

Terror is /not/ necessarily good in a vore context.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dangerous » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:17 am

What a ridiculous and presumptuous question to begin with.

I hate when people reply to a topic like this. :S

Terror is /not/ necessarily good in a vore context.

IDK about you, but personally I can't think of a case where I would not want my prey to be terrified.

So for those who find humans boring because they're too real or not fantastical enough, what about humans with fantastical qualities? Shapeshifting, magic, flight, x-ray vision, stretchiness, unusually perceptive, psychic, destroy the world by raising an eyebrow, turns to ash and resurrects like a phoenix when he dies, carries a swiss army gun, is a normal guy being stalked by friendly and helpful ninjas, can manipulate fire, shuts off electronic devices when near them, can cause people to renounce their religion by flushing a toilet, has retractable claws, has prehensile dreadlocks, is tiny, is giant, is the child of a deity, is cursed by a voodoo shaman, vomits marbles, time travels, or whatever other countless examples you can come up with?

o.0
The only one I have ever experimented with is shapeshifting, and yea that works for me (as a pred, not ever experimented as a shapeshifting prey). But... only if the final form (the form in which the pred does the nomming) is distinctly non-human.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Artemis » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:29 am

IDK about you, but personally I can't think of a case where I would not want my prey to be terrified.

Aaah progress is so close. All you have to do now is look in hindsight and realize you're one person among hundreds with different opinions and we'll get somewhere.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kinne » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Artemis wrote:@LilianiMirx:

When involved in fiction to pass the time, would I rather play as an human write about a human, draw a human or would I want to do something with a completely different species?
Animals are seen every single day and it's boring.
But with non-fictional races it feels fresh, you want to explore the new race and find out what it's all about.
non-fictional races are exciting.
Animals are boring.

"But Animals can be explore with their personalities, relationships and moral dilemmas!"
And so can Humans.
They can be explore in every way a animal can be explored, but more so.

please let me know where you live where you see anthro animals that talk every day

as for the actual discussion,
a better question might be 'why do you think humans are exciting?' i see hundreds of them every day, most are just plain unattractive (same with peoples human characters)
Here is my personal breakdown of it:
Human males: 100% unattractive
Human females: 95% of them are so slutty that its ugly. 5% of them actually look normal and attractive
Result: if you are a human, there is a 97.5% chance i would rather do something with a FANTASY character for a FANTASY rp (get the fantasy part yet? i dont want reality in my fantasy rp)
Kinne
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Liz » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:19 pm

I like my Pred to seduce its prey then swallow it TBH.

Once the prey is inside the pred they it can attempt to struggle and please its Pred. I also enjoy using clothing and belts to inhibit the prey from struggling too hard and hurting the Pred. One of my Kinks.
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby SableCross » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Madness wrote:I like my Pred to seduce its prey then swallow it TBH.

Once the prey is inside the pred they it can attempt to struggle and please its Pred. I also enjoy using clothing and belts to inhibit the prey from struggling too hard and hurting the Pred. One of my Kinks.

Sounds fun.

KHDownloads

Cast in the name of god, ye not guilty.

I have three Gs in my life: Guns, G-Forces and G-Spots. I will be victory.
SableCross
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dangerous » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Aaah progress is so close. All you have to do now is look in hindsight and realize you're one person among hundreds with different opinions and we'll get somewhere.

When did I ever say I was not one person among hundreds?
I speak of myself as having a more important opinion than anyone else. Human nature is natural.
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby Artemis » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Kinne wrote:please let me know where you live where you see anthro animals that talk every day

as for the actual discussion,
a better question might be 'why do you think humans are exciting?' i see hundreds of them every day, most are just plain unattractive (same with peoples human characters)
Human females: 95% of them are so slutty that its ugly. 5% of them actually look normal and attractive
Result: if you are a human, there is a 97.5% chance i would rather do something with a FANTASY character for a FANTASY rp (get the fantasy part yet? i dont want reality in my fantasy rp)

I go to Eka's. Where do you go where there /aren't/ anthro animals that talk /constantly/? INB4 "Online doesn't count". >.>

Also, why do we think humans are exciting? Because we're /not/ misanthropes? It's kind of the default, spurred on by chemical reactions in the brain? Do I need to justify /not/ hating humans? No, I don't. Let the hater do the justifying.

Speaking of which, /implying/ that I haven't been arguing for the fact that humans and anthros are both cool and it just depends on the individual. It's actually amusing in a self-righteous sort of way that people refuse to accept that anthros are not some superior race somehow. As if they aren't just humans with different appearances.

I'm sorry that my tastes are too refined to jump on a hate bandwagon. You see... Haters gonna hate. Haters /always/ hate. There is no illusion of cool anymore.

dangerous wrote:When did I ever say I was not one person among hundreds?
I speak of myself as having a more important opinion than anyone else. Human nature is natural.

That's okay. We get to make mistakes. We also get to have opinions. Enjoy~
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Leshana » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:08 pm

dangerous wrote:

Is my opinion more important than anyone else's too?
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Postby dangerous » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Leshana wrote:
dangerous wrote:

Is my opinion more important than anyone else's too?

To you it is. To me it is not.

And since it is my opinion that is more important than anyone else's, and to me it is not - that means it is not. Thus, perfect consistency, in my opinion. :)
You don't know me. Yet.
dangerous
Participator

Postby C-B-A » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Kinne wrote:as for the actual discussion,

with that logic I could say....

why do you find anthros so exiting?
when you break it down it's just animals eating animals that have minor human aspects.
I see animals eating animals everyday on discovery channel, so vore involving animals or predominantly animal is boring and generic.
I can see why you like fantasy, but a human eating human is WAY more in the realm of fantasy then a wolf eating a rabbit, cat eating a mouse, or just what is basically an animal eating another animal, the only difference is it can talk.

and don't forget the argument can go both ways, I see lots of anthropomorphic characters everyday and I can tell you they are very boring, most are wolfs, or some kind of dog, and a majority look the same, I see more diversity of humans at the mall then anthro species on FA.

of course I am like most of the people on Eka's and am not a furry so maybe I just don't understand, personally for me my little list would be,
male Anthros- 100% unattractive
female Anthros- 100% unattractive
male human- 100% unattractive
female humans- 100% attractive (with exceptions)

what I'm getting at is everyone has their own preferences, but from a fantasy aspect, having a human eating another human is a much more dynamic and unrealistic situation then an animal eating an animal.
Regional mad scientist and belly inspector
C-B-A
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion