Vore in other countries

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Vore in other countries

Postby Simrobert2001 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:04 pm

Question: I know that vorephilia in America is rather pushed off to the side, and hidden in the public eye. However, How is it treated in different countries? its seems like nearly every game from Japan has vorephilia in it.
Most notably:
Mario 64
Zelda
FInal Fantasy Series
Simrobert2001
???

Re: Vore in other countries

Postby Praexon » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:15 pm

Those games contain vore, but not necisarily vorephilia. I don't remember Mario with a bulge in his overalls when the fish is about to gulp him. And while it's tempting to believe vorephiles work on the staff of any game or movie that contains vore, there's no reason non-vores couldn't produce the same thing.

As for the opinion of vore in other countries, I would guess it has the same status anywhere else that it does in the US: an almost unheard-of fetish. Maybe fetishes are approached more openly or less openly in other countries, but I doubt there is a country where it is in the public eye.
Praexon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Cangeor » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:22 pm

Here in Russia we don't have anything related to vorarephilia at all. I actualy didn't know what it is (while being a vorarephile all my life) when I came to this site.
But there is some vore in russian fairy-tales (I can't say there's a lot of it but it passes quite often). Though these fairy-tales have vore episodes (usually non-lethal) I doubt that people who wrote these tales were vorarephiles.
Cangeor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Umiriko » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:32 pm

to be honist here i dont think hardly anyone even kknows of or has heard of vore in the uk, except the people who follow it ^_^, ive neve rely heard a reference to it, its a unknown i say, as when ever fettish are talked about tis always pedo, necro and beast, never ever heard vore kinda a mixed blessing that
I now stream. Casual games with vorish discussion while hanging out with tasty treats. Would love to see you there sweetie <3
https://www.twitch.tv/umi_durg
Umiriko
Most Talkative Dragon, ever

Postby Praexon » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:08 pm

Yeah, a mixed blessing. On the one hand, vore being unknown can make us feel isolated and "in hiding". But on the other hand, if there was a public opinion on vore, would that really be an improvement? It would probably be a negative opinion, placing us in the same category as necrophiles and zoophiles. Think about Furrydom's current status in the public eye: "people who have orgies dressed up like cartoons". And look at the treatment vore has recieved on the internet, such as from SA, which make vore sound like something you need a lobotomy to enjoy. Personally, I prefer "huh, vore, what is that?" to "vore!? wtf is wrong with you?"

Perhaps some day in the future, being a vorarephile will not carry any social stigma among non-vores. But reaching that point will be an uphill battle.
Praexon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Nasonxian » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:27 pm

I heard a while back that in Japan it was rather common to 'enjoy the idea of being eaten or eating someone else' but I'm not sure if it was true or not...
Nasonxian
Tender Heart Dragon

Postby Gale » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:00 pm

Well, I remember in an old Game, Saga Frontier 1, there was a scene where your airplane, I guess you could call it, was swallowed by a gigantic monster...and while you were traveling inside it, you meet other people who met the same fate, and just one person's statement about how Enjoyable it was and that it was a blessing not a curse XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but yeah. Just thought I'd put it out there in response to Nasonxian's comment.It is a japanese game after all. Squaresoft.
Gale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Praexon » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:43 pm

Heh, I wasn't aware of that particular game. Maybe one of the cause was on that game's development staff. :3

Japan has (at least on the surface) a more open view towards paraphilia in general, so I would be less surprised in vore showed up in a Japanese game than in an American one.
Praexon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Houyo » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:19 pm

Woah, I played Saga Frontier and went through that part.

Must have missed the voraphile guy though. :lol:
Houyo
???

Postby Simrobert2001 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:39 pm

Actually, anything getting eaten woudl be vorephila, right?

Granted, non vorephililes can have the same ideas, its not as common as someone who has had some experience with the fetish.
Simrobert2001
???

Postby Two_Tailed_food » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:16 pm

Simrobert2001 wrote:Question: I know that vorephilia in America is rather pushed off to the side, and hidden in the public eye. However, How is it treated in different countries? its seems like nearly every game from Japan has vorephilia in it.
Most notably:
Mario 64
Zelda
FInal Fantasy Series

What kind of voraphile doesn't list Pac-Man? The whole purpose of that game was to eat ghosts.
Note: That wasn't a personal attack, I was trying to make you laugh.

As for vore becoming more acceptable in society, unfortunately that will not happen. The principles of freedom, free will, and psychology make acceptance of something on the scale of a whole society is reachable only by totalitarian dictatorship. Its how you force someone to your opinion, and unfortunately you'd have to force a lot of people to be OPEN MINDED as well. Course the Earth has never seen a dictator who stressed being open minded to my knowledge. Sad news, but true.

Though vore is prominent in folklore, there's also something to be said the horror that goes with it. It's given a horror vibe to potray some kind of archetypical villain of some sort. Also sad news.

But there is good news. We have the internet! Even if voraphiles can't be accepted, they can congregate faster than ever before. REJOICE, REJOICE YOU HUNGRY BASTARDS =D
Two_Tailed_food

Postby derWandersmann » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:16 am

Umiriko wrote:to be honist here i dont think hardly anyone even kknows of or has heard of vore in the uk, except the people who follow it ^_^, ive neve rely heard a reference to it, its a unknown i say, as when ever fettish are talked about tis always pedo, necro and beast, never ever heard vore kinda a mixed blessing that

Yes, and there is a site, but I dumped it off my bookmarks and can't remember the name of it ... It was on a server called Wanadoo, I think, and if memory serves, the lady who runs it is called Laguna.
derWandersmann
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion