How to react to pushy roleplayers who don't read?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

How to react to pushy roleplayers who don't read?

Postby tqueensway » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:05 pm

It pains me to ignore people's messages in the chatroom. Yet, time and time again, I find myself having to.

Perhaps this is pretentious of me, but at the top of my character pages I generally put a 'Please read:' disclaimer as the first paragraph. It's usually colored brightly in a shade that jumps from the page, in stark contrast with all the other tones of text. I often times bold it, as well.

In the disclaimer, I ask that people's profiles and messages reflect that they possess a good writing ability (as while I'm not seeking exclusively literally geniuses, nor bothered by the occasional typo, really poor grammar ruins my immersion). I also request that people do not approach me in character, and also that they skip any formalities in favor of getting to the point on what they want (as I'm often times drowning in messages from multiple people).

In spite of this, I still get numerous messages from people that range anywhere from the polite but misguided "Hi, how are you doing?" to the more irksome "Hi!!!11!11!!!1111!!ONE!!!"'s. From time to time, people will approach me in character or immediately begin typing as if they are roleplaying with me, often times in very broken English.

Whilst I understand why somebody might not want to peruse an entire profile, is it too much to ask of people to read the first, emboldened paragraph at the top of a page?

I'm curious- how do you deal with people who clearly just take a quick glance at your profile photo before deciding to message you? I really hate ignoring people, as it feels rude to do so- but it seems also rude that they'd ignore reading my profile even a little bit. How do you react to individuals like this, especially if they persistently harass you?
tqueensway
Participator

Re: How to react to pushy roleplayers who don't read?

Postby AndromedaReject » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:13 pm

Just put them on ignore and keep going. I ended up not roleplaying ever again after constant harassment. Just lost the spark.
WIKI:
http://neverwere.info/wiki/Main_Page/

"You fool, you will never be in this kind of pain again...or will you? I can arrange such." --Sadira
AndromedaReject
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Humbug » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Though I don't roleplay, I do have material on my page on Fur Affinity that tells people essential information about interacting with me (including the fact that I don't roleplay. lol).

You're never going to get everyone to read what you wrote, no matter how conspicuous it is, but the information you have on there is actually still really useful.
Why? Because it's there to point to so you don't have to explain everything every time someone violates your rules. If someone clearly didn't read your profile info, just tell them to go there and read them. "Go read my profile info" saves you a lot of words, and it's less demeaning than just ignoring the offender.

Essentially, it's a "Here's the contract. Read it" sort of situation. :)
Humbug
---

Postby deathknight » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:28 pm

I often ask if they have read my profile. if they have not I ask them to and will remind them a few times. if they fail to see that I just ignore them.
deathknight
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tqueensway » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Humbug wrote:"Go read my profile info"

See, I feel if I pointed out that they clearly either did not read or chose to ignore my profile information, they'd merely get irate over their 'honor' being insulted, or feel that my requests are overbearing and go on the offensive because of it.
tqueensway
Participator

Postby Bob 34 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:36 pm

I usually politely say something like "I'm good, what can I do for you today? :)" or will just tell them "Hey, sorry I'm a little busy right now" or "Hey sorry I'm not interested in the moment." If that doesn't get it across sometimes I'll be a little more rude and say something like, "I'm sorry but since you did not take the time to look over my profile I'll have to say no" Or I will just press the ignore button on the side of their name
Bob 34
New to the forum

Postby wolfishsmile » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:46 pm

I was interested in this because it happens to me a lot. I have several profiles with the please read this section notice, so they don't have to read the whole thing. It doesn't work for everybody, but I do know that some read it.

When the English is broken, I tend to act as if I am the one at fault. "I am sorry, did you mean this (retype the phrase clean of errors)? I am having a hard time understanding you completely. Could you please slow down for me and make complete sentences so that I can understand?" Usually this makes them stop, but if it goes on a second post I will go, "did you mean this (retype the phrase clean of errors). In order for me to understand you, you need to be very careful with your words."

It's bothersome, but it usually completely discourages them.

As far as details go, I always just break the rp with ((what about __)) asking for the details. Usually this prompts them to start incorporating them, or they get annoyed and don't want to rp anymore.

Sometimes I will refer them back to the profile. (( I am sorry, I don't like this kind of thing. Did you miss that on my profile?)) I always sort of figure that if they get indignant, I let them storm off. I realistically didn't want the roleplay anyway.

The ones that actually kill me off are the ones that insist I bend my preferences to meet theirs. Or try to "sneak" things by that I have clearly stated that I am against. I also don't know what to do with roleplayers that will not take no for an answer. Maybe I tried out their kink for a session, but didn't like it. So, in trying to turn it down, they seem to think that because I did it once, I should have to do it again. Or, I am not in the mood for whatever it is one day (and I might have been before) and they can't handle that. Or refuse to accept that I am busy for an answer - insisting that I might be lying about it, or pming every fifteen minutes or so to ask if I am still busy. Or feeling like somehow they have a right to roleplay with me over other people.
wolfishsmile
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Humbug » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:54 pm

tqueensway wrote:See, I feel if I pointed out that they clearly either did not read or chose to ignore my profile information, they'd merely get irate over their 'honor' being insulted, or feel that my requests are overbearing and go on the offensive because of it.
If they do that, then you're perfectly justified in putting them on your "ignore" list. It's just a matter of due process so no one can say you didn't warn them. :)
Humbug
---

Postby Reaverbot » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:09 pm

I ignore them or tell them to shoo
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Coshi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Well, people are selfish, you'll find very few here who are in this for a mutually beneficial interaction. The horndogs want their shot of dopamine for the evening, and then suddenly you're not even worth their time. Don't tolerate that sort of behavior from anyone, cause they sure as hell wouldn't tolerate it from you for a second.
Coshi
Somewhat familiar

Postby tqueensway » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:09 pm

Coshi wrote:The horndogs want their shot of dopamine for the evening, and then suddenly you're not even worth their time.

To go on a somewhat sexist tangent, this is why I tend to prefer roleplaying with women despite being far more attracted to males. As someone who's biologically male myself, I understand *why* there are guys who want *their* specific scenario worked out; I also understand *why* they cum and leave before a roleplay's anywhere near finished. The behavior is definitely not justified though- it pisses me right the fuck off that so many people make no effort to temper themselves. If I can make the effort to continue roleplaying after achieving my own personal pleasure, and am willing to compromise on scene ideas and kinks from the get-go, you should be too.

I'm a bit pissy at the moment given how I've just received near seven "hello"s in a row, inclusive of one that was in character from somebody who didn't share the one kink I asked for as a necessity.
tqueensway
Participator

Postby wolfishsmile » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:08 am

tqueensway wrote:I'm a bit pissy at the moment given how I've just received near seven "hello"s in a row, inclusive of one that was in character from somebody who didn't share the one kink I asked for as a necessity.

Yeah. That's definitely happened to me before. You have my sympathy.
wolfishsmile
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby eatmeplease » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Coshi wrote:Well, people are selfish, you'll find very few here who are in this for a mutually beneficial interaction. The horndogs want their shot of dopamine for the evening, and then suddenly you're not even worth their time. Don't tolerate that sort of behavior from anyone, cause they sure as hell wouldn't tolerate it from you for a second.

This is why I NEVER fap while RPing. I always finish my RPs, and then keep the logs for later. It is very rude to just leave because you've cum. I have a few friends that do that to me, but I agreed to it first, and we always continue the same RP next time until it's finished.
eatmeplease
---

Postby WankersCramp » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:50 pm

Just tell them to stop or you will block them.
"You may fascinate a woman by giving her a piece of cheese."
WankersCramp
Somewhat familiar

Postby deathknight » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Coshi wrote:Well, people are selfish, you'll find very few here who are in this for a mutually beneficial interaction. The horndogs want their shot of dopamine for the evening, and then suddenly you're not even worth their time. Don't tolerate that sort of behavior from anyone, cause they sure as hell wouldn't tolerate it from you for a second.
So much this....its like a number of rpers in my past got pissy because they can't jerk off to an idea of their own. or half way through said rp they blow their wad then leave. The also want the same damn thing each time. I would say this, tell them to stay around even when the rp isn't finished or outright ignore them.
deathknight
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion