Secret Santa Art Trade Signups! - Closed

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Secret Santa Art Trade Signups! - Closed

Postby AlphaSaban » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:55 am

Hey Everybody!

In celebration of Vore Day, I'm organizing a community wide Secret Santa style vore art trade event. Everyone who signs up will give and receive a piece of vore art or literature from a random member of the community. Should be a lot of fun!

Please read the rules carefully.

RULES

1. Only Eka's Portal members may enter. (If you know someone else out there who might be interested in this, send them on over!)

2. Entrants must have an Eka's gallery with at least one piece of their OWN work displayed. Both writers and artists are welcome.

3. Failure to produce a gift by the deadline will result in a permanent ban from any future SS events.

4. Producing a last minute/extremely poor quality gift will be seen as gaming the system for a free gift, and will also result in a permanent ban from any future SS events.(To be judged on a case by case basis and only by complaint of recipient.)

5. When you sign up, please provide your username and a complete WON'T list of all the things you are NOT okay with depicting in your gift. (e.g. if you don't like F/F and don't want to get assigned someone only into F/F, you would put F/F on your list) These lists will be taken into account when assigning givers to receivers, while still keeping things as random as possible. Make sure you cover everything when you first sign up, as I can't deal with people changing their lists all the time (though feel free to edit your lists anytime before October 8th. Speak before then or forever hold your peace.)

IMPORTANT DATES:

SIGNUPS CLOSE: October 8th

ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE SENT OUT: October 15th

IDEAL GIFTING TIME: December 25th

FINAL DEADLINE: Midnight PST December 31st (Shit happens, it's understandable. That's why I'm including a bit of extra time. This date should NOT be your goal.)

Example Signup:

NAME: AlphaSaban

WON'T LIST: Hard Vore, Unwilling, Digestion, Anal Vore, Cock Vore, Unbirth, Canabalism, nudity, humans, furries, animals, Endo, M/M, Watersports, plants, Walruses, Australians, Adverbs, The Letter Q, The Planet Earth, Sol System, Everything

(Try to only list essentials. I listed a lot here purely as example, but I understand if there are a lot of things you are not okay with)

The more people who sign up, the better this is going to be. If it's successful maybe we can do it again next year, or perhaps even sooner!

Thanks everyone, and have fun! :D
Last edited by AlphaSaban on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
AlphaSaban
Somewhat familiar

Re: Secret Santa Art Trade Signups!

Postby AlphaSaban » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:57 am

Participant List:

yutskovill
SRED (SREDISKRAD)
Nez (NezumiNom)
Peypeypeypey
Silent_E
Bright
Harek

Please give some time after you sign up for me to put you on the list. Send me a PM if you signed up and have not appeared on the list after a few days.
Last edited by AlphaSaban on Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:03 am, edited 9 times in total.
AlphaSaban
Somewhat familiar

Postby yutskovill » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:09 pm

Sign me up AS.

Name: yutskovill

WON'T LIST:
Something other than oral vore, micro/macro, something other than female prey, herms, scat/watersports etc., animals (furries,anthros,demis are ok), mindless pred
yutskovill
Been posting for a bit

Postby SREDISKRAD » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun, and secret santa's are always nice. One thing that you're probably missing out is a list of faves, so you can match people up with similar liking (not exclusive) But also so people can create something that seems well designed for the perticipant personally

For example, if you were to give person A, person B to write something for, if person B really likes Nagas as a pred, Person A could utilise this and do a Naga pred. If you catch my drift.
Also, it may be nice to get an idea ow which kind of artist they are, whether it's written or drawn. It's just some extra information that people might like to know, and also helps you to know what kind of work they're going to produce.

I know this is a first so, I'm just trying to be helpful and offer some advice.

For now though, here's some info on me:

NAME: SREDISKRAD (although, please, SRED.)

WON'T LIST: Humanoid preds*, alternative vore styles (i.e. anal, cock, etc.), cannibalism, watersports, scat, explicit sex and sexual acts or genital focus, macro prey/micro pred or same size**. (will update if there's anything else I remember or want to add)

*very last resort if I have to.
**same size is not exactly my forte, but, again, if I have to.
Last edited by SREDISKRAD on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Back, BICHES!

Intentional spelling of Bitches, Biches.
SREDISKRAD
???

Postby AlphaSaban » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:56 pm

SREDISKRAD wrote:Sounds like a lot of fun, and secret santa's are always nice. One thing that you're probably missing out is a list of faves, so you can match people up with similar liking (not exclusive) But also so people can create something that seems well designed for the perticipant personally

For example, if you were to give person A, person B to write something for, if person B really likes Nagas as a pred, Person A could utilise this and do a Naga pred. If you catch my drift.
Also, it may be nice to get an idea ow which kind of artist they are, whether it's written or drawn. It's just some extra information that people might like to know, and also helps you to know what kind of work they're going to produce.

Thanks for the input!

I think part of the fun will be people digging through their recipient's gallery, favorites, and posts to find what they really like to create something special just for them. So in your example, Person A could find out through their own research that Person B is into Nagas, and make something naga related. The focus of the art should definitely be for the recipient since it is a gift after all.

I see what your'e saying with the favorites list. My concern is that even if it's not an exclusive list, it might create the expectation that the person they get will also be into something on that list, and things might not work out that way for everyone. And besides, part of the fun of Secret Santa is the random aspect, and I don't exactly want to be playing matchmaker for everybody :oops:

But yeah, this my first time doing this and I'll use anything I learn as we go to make things better for next time.
AlphaSaban
Somewhat familiar

Postby NezumiNom » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Oh wow, this looks so cool!! Awesome! It'll be a great way to meet other artists with similar interests outside of well-known ones, and fun to give something and get something back. This is an awesome idea! Also, I didn't even know there was a "Vore Day" today. Sounds fun!

NAME: NezumiNom (though I just go by Nez)

WON'T LIST: Samesize(or macro prey/micro pred), *female or herm predators, scat, watersports, non-oral vore, explicit sex/genitalia being the main focus, weight-gain/BBW/stuffing/stuff like that, **furry predators

*Though I'm typically strictly up for male preds, I MIGHT be open to female preds, but it's unlikely. Maybe if the predator were like a "trap"(or "reverse trap" as it's called), examples are like Haruhi from OHSHC, or a female pred like Touka from Tokyo Ghoul, characters like that. Or a transmale pred or androgynous or genderfluid. Pred must look male/boyish regardless of gender. Just in case there's not enough other people into male preds to match me up with. I'm just really not good with drawing overly busty female characters.
**Also, while I prefer human/demi-human/humanoid predators, I'll be up to doing furry/scaly/feathered predators and such if there's no one to match my picky preferences. Monster predators are definitely okay too.

Sorry if that's a little complicated, I just wanted to try being a little more flexible in case there weren't enough people to match my preferences, since I'm kinda in the minority here with gender preferences, haha.

This'll be so fun to do though! I look forward to it!
Last edited by NezumiNom on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
NezumiNom
Somewhat familiar

Postby SREDISKRAD » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:17 pm

You think you're the minority for wanting human preds? I find way too many human preds for my liking slapped all over this site.

Then again, we'll always think we're the minority XD
I'm Back, BICHES!

SREDISKRAD
???

Postby NezumiNom » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:48 pm

SREDISKRAD wrote:You think you're the minority for wanting human preds? I find way too many human preds for my liking slapped all over this site.

Oh, I meant for liking male preds, haha. I know there's plenty of human content here, of course. There's also a lot of snake-like preds from what I've seen (and some REALLY good naga preds too), but yeah I can agree I see more human or furry stuff on these sites than scaled preds like dragons and lizards.

Haha, true! XD We're all as strange as the next after all, lol.
NezumiNom
Somewhat familiar

Postby peypeypeypey » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:31 pm

This sounds interesting! I'm game.

Name: Peypeypeypey

Won't list: Hard vore, Cock vore, unbirth, M/M, Furries, Animals, Micro/Macro, Scat, Sex, Herms. I think that's it.
peypeypeypey
Somewhat familiar

Postby SREDISKRAD » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:55 pm

NezumiNom wrote:
SREDISKRAD wrote:You think you're the minority for wanting human preds? I find way too many human preds for my liking slapped all over this site.

Oh, I meant for liking male preds, haha. I know there's plenty of human content here, of course. There's also a lot of snake-like preds from what I've seen (and some REALLY good naga preds too), but yeah I can agree I see more human or furry stuff on these sites than scaled preds like dragons and lizards.

Haha, true! XD We're all as strange as the next after all, lol.

Oh, that's ok, I actually don't care about either pred/prey gender. It's not important to me (and I'll never understand why people find it important enough to exclude genders.)

I kind of find there's not enough animals in soft vore, which is slightly annoying, but, meh, that's why I write things.
I'm Back, BICHES!

SREDISKRAD
???

Postby Silent_E » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:13 pm

You know what? Why not. I need to be a little more active in this community anyway.

Name: Silent_E

Won't List: Try me. :-D Seriously though, The sky's the limit and I love a challenge.
Silent_E
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:27 pm

Ooh, I do enjoy a challenge.

Name: Bright

WON'T LIST: Anal, cock vore, genitals, Hard vore, unbirth, M/M, Animals, Scat, Sex, Herms.

Hmm, I think that would be it.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby harek » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:32 pm

NAME: Harek

WON'T LIST: Anal/cock/breast vore, prey significantly smaller than the predator's tongue, genitals, explicit sex, blood/gore, scat/watersports.
harek
Somewhat familiar

Postby StormWolfe » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:36 am

NAME: StormWolfe

WON'T: Anything involving females or herms with breasts. Otherwise, have fun.
StormWolfe
Somewhat familiar

Postby CrimsonShadow » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:22 am

AlphaSaban wrote:I think part of the fun will be people digging through their recipient's gallery, favorites, and posts to find what they really like to create something special just for them. So in your example, Person A could find out through their own research that Person B is into Nagas, and make something naga related. The focus of the art should definitely be for the recipient since it is a gift after all.

I see what your'e saying with the favorites list. My concern is that even if it's not an exclusive list, it might create the expectation that the person they get will also be into something on that list, and things might not work out that way for everyone. And besides, part of the fun of Secret Santa is the random aspect, and I don't exactly want to be playing matchmaker for everybody :oops:

I get what you're saying, but what if we really want something (a scenario, certain characters, etc) that's not very common on this site? For example, there are many characters who I think would make good preds, but apparently nobody else got the same idea so those characters are nowhere in my favorites. I feel like it'd be more special if it's something that the recipient can't easily get anywhere else.
CrimsonShadow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SREDISKRAD » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:54 am

CrimsonShadow wrote:
AlphaSaban wrote:I think part of the fun will be people digging through their recipient's gallery, favorites, and posts to find what they really like to create something special just for them. So in your example, Person A could find out through their own research that Person B is into Nagas, and make something naga related. The focus of the art should definitely be for the recipient since it is a gift after all.

I get what you're saying, but what if we really want something (a scenario, certain characters, etc) that's not very common on this site? For example, there are many characters who I think would make good preds, but apparently nobody else got the same idea so those characters are nowhere in my favorites. I feel like it'd be more special if it's something that the recipient can't easily get anywhere else.

Seconded, if we're going to make this christmas special for the secret santa recepient, what would probably help is a kind of 'bonus list' or 'wishlist' Something that we'd like to see, but doesn't necessarily have to be, so, the person who's doing their secret santa has the option of using those ideas and making something that would feel tailor made.

I'd also like to see this return as a yearly event, could bring the entire community together during a time of festivity and community.
I'm Back, BICHES!

SREDISKRAD
???

Postby Houyo » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:29 pm

I admit I wanna join, but I'm hesitant right now on if my quality of work is up to snuff. =P And I haven't really drawn much vore. I'll probably give it a go, but I need to practice.
Houyo
???

Postby StormWolfe » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:54 pm

SREDISKRAD wrote:Seconded, if we're going to make this christmas special for the secret santa recepient, what would probably help is a kind of 'bonus list' or 'wishlist' Something that we'd like to see, but doesn't necessarily have to be, so, the person who's doing their secret santa has the option of using those ideas and making something that would feel tailor made.

I very much like this idea of having a 'wishlist' for people to get inspiration from.
StormWolfe
Somewhat familiar

Postby NezumiNom » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:02 am

I think a wishlist should be optional and only for those who have very, very strict preferences about they want. Otherwise, I agree that the gift should be mostly a surprise. I mean, sure you've got down what you don't want from them, but otherwise it's free game. Like, I could get something cuddly and cute or something graphic and horrific. The surprise is always part of the fun of getting a gift anyways, right? And it'll be fun to try and figure out what your assigned person wants too. So maybe, if people really wanna be strict about what they want, they can make a blog entry about it for their secret santa to see when they visit their page, but probably not just request specific scenarios or something. It's all part of the fun, right? I figured that was the point of it, to figure out what to draw for whoever you're drawing for, and to expect a random gift that goes by your preferences and can be anything! So yeah, agreed: it should be more for inspiration, but not for instructions.
NezumiNom
Somewhat familiar

Postby SREDISKRAD » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:18 pm

NezumiNom wrote:I think a wishlist should be optional and only for those who have very, very strict preferences about they want. Otherwise, I agree that the gift should be mostly a surprise. I mean, sure you've got down what you don't want from them, but otherwise it's free game. Like, I could get something cuddly and cute or something graphic and horrific. The surprise is always part of the fun of getting a gift anyways, right? And it'll be fun to try and figure out what your assigned person wants too. So maybe, if people really wanna be strict about what they want, they can make a blog entry about it for their secret santa to see when they visit their page, but probably not just request specific scenarios or something. It's all part of the fun, right? I figured that was the point of it, to figure out what to draw for whoever you're drawing for, and to expect a random gift that goes by your preferences and can be anything! So yeah, agreed: it should be more for inspiration, but not for instructions.

The whishlist wouldn't be all you could choose from. Say the wishlist said, for example, lugia tail vore. You're not obliged to do a tail vore piece with a lugia in it - you would know they want something with a lugia, and you can work that somehow, and tailvore if you want. (but not obligatory)
I'm Back, BICHES!

SREDISKRAD
???

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion