Something uncomfortable about the vore community...

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Something uncomfortable about the vore community...

Postby Flute » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:41 pm

I wanted the thread title to be more specific: "Something about the vore community that makes me feel uncomfortable". But it was too long.

Anyway, I've been in the vore community for a few years now, and it's been amazing. However, there's something that has always made me feel very uncomfortable, and I wanted to discuss this for a long time, but never really had the courage to do it, because it's a rather touchy subject and I was afraid some people might be offended. Now I finally decided to post this.

Well, it's common knowledge in the vore community that our fetish is perfectly fine as long as it's kept strictly to fantasy, and this is the philosophy I go by. Vore may be seen as disturbing and creepy by some, but if nobody's getting hurt or killed by it in real life, it's perfectly ok to have vore fantasties.

Now then, this is all going pretty good so far... If it weren't for the fact that I've noticed there's a scary amount of people in the vore community who would like to be eaten (and consequently killed) in real life if such a thing were possible. I think it's perfectly ok to fantasize about being eaten and digested, but when someone says they have an actual desire for this to happen to them in real life, then to me it seems that person is simply being suicidal. I'm not even talking about people who say they'd like to do it if it was safe. No, I'm talking about people who want to be eaten and digested for real. They aren't appreciating the fetish in a healthy way anymore if the only thing preventing them from killing themselves is the fact that vore is physically impossible.

One might say this doesn't matter since vore is impossible. However, how would you feel if someone who plays a pred said the only thing preventing them from eating (murdering) other people is the fact that vore is physically impossible? A person who thinks this way has clearly gone beyond the realm of fantasy, and it's no different with the suicidal prey. Even if something is impossible to do, our desires are important and tell a lot about ourselves.

With that said, it simply disturbs me that so many people in the vore community would be perfectly ok about being eaten and digested for real. Suicide is a serious issue and it just shocks me how so many people take it so lightly in the vore context, even if it's physically impossible. I see people who want to kill themselves because of depression or other problems, and naturally, everyone is rightfully against it. So why would people not be against someone wanting to kill themselves for a rush of sexual pleasure as they're digested? The only difference is that the latter is physically impossible, but it doesn't make it any less suicidal.

What's your opinion about this whole thing? Do you often see many people in the community with this "suicidal" mindset? I'd like to reiterate: I'm not talking about people who simply fantasize about being digested (killed). I'm talking about people who would be ok with being digested (killed) in real life if it were possible. Even without reformation of any kind.
Flute
New to the forum

Re: Something uncomfortable about the vore community...

Postby ouphe » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:52 pm

This gets into a fantasy vs reality argument. Many people fantasize about rape, murder, mutilation, etc... but will never actually go through with it.
It's the fantasy that excites and titillates them. If someone is actually suicidal, then it's likely going to be unrelated to their penchant for vore. I have never worried about it...
ouphe
Participator

Postby Chameleonette » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:53 pm

To be honest, this bothers me too. Whenever I see topics like that show up, I avoid them explicitly. Like you said, it's taking things too far and it makes me really uncomfortable, too. That's also a big part of the reason I specify never to play as "myself" in any roleplay scenarios. Vore isn't real to me and I don't even want to think about it on a real level - it's a fantasy and it should remain that way. I see this a lot on tumblr, too, with pred types wishing they actually could shrink and eat people, and countless prey types that want to actually die that way.

I really hope that no one ever takes their desires so far as to actually do something of that nature. But I'm glad that you brought this up, because I also think it's a problem and people don't realize (or at least don't acknowledge) that this is a serious issue. There's no telling when someone desperate/depressed/otherwise unstable in some way might take something a little too far and it's important to know the lines between fantasy and reality and take them seriously.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Postby Flute » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:00 pm

ouphe wrote:This gets into a fantasy vs reality argument. Many people fantasize about rape, murder, mutilation, etc... but will never actually go through with it.
It's the fantasy that excites and titillates them. If someone is actually suicidal, then it's likely going to be unrelated to their penchant for vore. I have never worried about it...

What I'm saying is that fantasy isn't a problem. What worries me are the people who want vore to be real and want to actually die that way.

Chameleonette wrote:To be honest, this bothers me too. Whenever I see topics like that show up, I avoid them explicitly. Like you said, it's taking things too far and it makes me really uncomfortable, too. That's also a big part of the reason I specify never to play as "myself" in any roleplay scenarios. Vore isn't real to me and I don't even want to think about it on a real level - it's a fantasy and it should remain that way. I see this a lot on tumblr, too, with pred types wishing they actually could shrink and eat people, and countless prey types that want to actually die that way.

I really hope that no one ever takes their desires so far as to actually do something of that nature. But I'm glad that you brought this up, because I also think it's a problem and people don't realize (or at least don't acknowledge) that this is a serious issue. There's no telling when someone desperate/depressed/otherwise unstable in some way might take something a little too far and it's important to know the lines between fantasy and reality and take them seriously.

Wow, so you've seen pred types with a minset like this too? I thought these were very rare. This is really, really disturbing... Thankfully, nobody can actually fullfill these desires.

I'm so glad to hear you think this is a serious issue, too. I was afraid I was the only one who was honestly disturbed by this aspect of the community, and I was surprised nobody had ever brought this up before.
Flute
New to the forum

Postby Humbug » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:08 pm

Yeah. There's a small but vocal contingent of the community that does this, and I'm not sure anything can be done about it. I just try to avoid them, but they all seem to flock together and support each other's desire of being eaten in real life whenever I do see them. There is a strict "fantasy only" rule on this site, though, so if you see someone talking about it, you might want to report it. It won't stop them from wanting to do it, but it might stop some of the unhealthy communication between the people who share the desire.
Humbug
---

Postby BellyOfTheBitch » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:27 pm

It's especially concerning given that the public in general, when they even know about the fetish, associate us with Jeffrey Dahmer and the infamous German cannibal.
BellyOfTheBitch
Been posting for a bit

Postby eatmeup » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:28 pm

In my experience, some preds and some prey, say that sort of thing close to orgasm, when things are really juicy and heated in a rp. A number of people that say they want to kill someone in real life (pred) or be killed (prey) do so when they're very aroused. But really I think most of them get turned on by the psychology of motivation. In other words, its more stimulating for some people that a pred really has that hunger or really is motivated by that type of greed, as part of their actual personality. Or its more stimulating to really imagine causing sadism to another and really imagining that sort of pain and torture occurring. Generally, its the sadists and the machosits in the vore community that have those tendencies and not the cuddly soft fluffy types of vore. Though there is certainly middle ground in between.

What is stimulating for some is knowing how selfish a pred actually is realistically, that's its not just an act, from some silly character with no connection to the actual real person. Hearing someone say those sort of things would in many cases be a "fantasy of reality". Its the reality of imagining someone's real motivations and connecting either sexually or romantically to that type of desire. Realistic language might be used but I think its still a fantasy within the idea of it being real. And its almost always in a very heightened state of arousal.

I think only a very small minority would on a day-to-day basis be just wanting to really and truly kill someone, or suicide themselves qua vore. Online you can't always tell the difference, its just one-dimensional text on a screen, something most people can't always connect with experientially. But I tend to give preds the benefit of the doubt when they say they want to eat me for real during a rp. But yes, if someone was absolutely truly serious about it, i would have to agree with everything posted.
eatmeup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:29 pm

Humbug wrote:Yeah. There's a small but vocal contingent of the community that does this, and I'm not sure anything can be done about it. I just try to avoid them, but they all seem to flock together and support each other's desire of being eaten in real life whenever I do see them. There is a strict "fantasy only" rule on this site, though, so if you see someone talking about it, you might want to report it. It won't stop them from wanting to do it, but it might stop some of the unhealthy communication between the people who share the desire.

Something to keep in mind however, with these types, is that no, actually, they WOULD NOT want to be eaten IRL. Since it is impossible for their fantasies to ever 'come true' (in the soft vore sense), there is nothing to restrain them from over-fantasizing about it!

Yes there is the occasional nutcase who goes and finds another nutcase and gives the German tabloids something to be excited about for a while, but those types are interested in a subset of a subset of a slim portion of what can only *loosely* be called 'vore' in any case, and therefore are nothing more than a tragic backdrop that can be safely ignored by those of us with more common sense.

Over-fantasizing is something that happens in every community (I refuse to go near most Otherkin communities for this reason - delusional roleplayers FAR outnumber the sincere believers!). It's just something you have to take with a grain of salt and ignore until they show up in the tabloids with their penis is a frying pan.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kanosint » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:40 pm

eatmeup wrote:In my experience, some preds and some prey, say that sort of thing close to orgasm, when things are really juicy and heated in a rp... [SNIP]

Pretty much this. In the heat of the moment, people do say things they would never say or do 'for real', even if they could.
Of course, it could be worrying as that might also happen if they really were capable of such things and got in the heat of the moment with a counterpart... In which case I hope they reco-err both would likely regret it afterwards (well, one, but you know what I mean).
Little Tiger, burning bright
With a subtle Blakeish light,
Tell what visions have their home
In those eyes of flame and chrome!
Kanosint
Chokkit Shmup Kitty

Postby Chameleonette » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Kanosint wrote:
eatmeup wrote:In my experience, some preds and some prey, say that sort of thing close to orgasm, when things are really juicy and heated in a rp... [SNIP]

Pretty much this. In the heat of the moment, people do say things they would never say or do 'for real', even if they could.
Of course, it could be worrying as that might also happen if they really were capable of such things and got in the heat of the moment with a counterpart... In which case I hope they reco-err both would likely regret it afterwards (well, one, but you know what I mean).

This is my assumption here, but I don't think this is what the thread creator was referring to. And it's not what I was referring to in my response, either. Chances are, we have no IDEA what people say to each other in the heat of those moments, since most of those RPs are private things.

I'm talking about people who actually make topics here and post in the vore tag on tumblr about the terrible things they would do/take part in if vore was real or "if they could get away with it". And that's troubling.

All it takes is one incident and this entire community could be under fire or erased completely. People need to understand that we live in a day and age where "haha just kidding!" isn't necessarily going to get you off the hook. Case in point to real people who have been arrested over something they said on the internet, whether it's unclear that they were serious about it or not. People need to be careful, for the good of themselves and for the good of the community. Fetishes and fantasies can easily be taken too far when applied to real life and there needs to be more caution shown.

Chameleonette
---

Postby Eka » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:49 pm

A good time to bring this up: This site in particular. Aryion.com to clarifies if it is some how unclear, is strictly fantasy. Any non-fantasy incident, please report them and we will investigate accordingly.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Twalock1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:54 pm

I don't reply to these often and I know, I read very few of the recent comments, though I thought I had to make my own statement.
I met a girl on Youtube not terribly long ago who I honestly thought would be a fantastic mate... Until I spoke with her. She loved vore, stomach noises and the lot of everything and was even a predator, however, she hated life altogether. This sounds strange, but, what she had initially told me was that she wanted to be dead, that she didn't want to be alive and she even hated everybody else equally. I was quickly disgusted by this, and I felt sorry for her, but, in being my own predatory self, I mentioned quickly that were it possible, I could give her wish to her of wanting to be eaten... And she said yes, were it possible she would gladly let me eat her and digest her.

In this sense, I believe it is still unfortunate and almost depressing, yes... But the person -wants- to be eaten. It's almost like non-con and consensual. She was consensual, and wanted it severely bad, because she didn't want this life anymore. As I said, this is still quite... Disturbing... But were we in a world like the Aryion.com chat, a world where sex and vore is normal and encouraged... Would this be so disturbing and upsetting in the first place?
Twalock1
New to the forum

Postby Houyo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:04 pm

I've been concerned about stuff like this in the past too. But it's just people being people. Not much I feel I can add to this.
Houyo
???

Postby Humbug » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:09 pm

eatmeup wrote:Generally, its the sadists and the machosits in the vore community that have those tendencies and not the cuddly soft fluffy types of vore.
Actually, most of the posts I've seen where people say that if it were possible, they'd totally do it came from people who just don't think about it that much. The sadists and masochists (which is the group of people I'm part of) tend to draw a strict line between fantasy and reality, just as sadists and masochists in consensual sexual relations do. There's a reason there's such a thing as a "safe word." It's painful and stuff, but the line has to be very strict to avoid becoming monsters. And part of the thrill is drawing that distinction.

eatmeup wrote:I think only a very small minority would on a day-to-day basis be just wanting to really and truly kill someone, or suicide themselves qua vore. Online you can't always tell the difference, its just one-dimensional text on a screen, something most people can't always connect with experientially. But I tend to give preds the benefit of the doubt when they say they want to eat me for real during a rp. But yes, if someone was absolutely truly serious about it, i would have to agree with everything posted.

Kanosint wrote:In the heat of the moment, people do say things they would never say or do 'for real', even if they could.
While quite possibly true, it's very difficult to read a person's true intent over the Internet unless they're a good writer, which most people on the Internet aren't. It's prudent to take these kinds of public proclamations seriously until it's proven that they weren't serious. And I don't think this topic's about RPs anyway. It's about people who post topics about wanting to eat someone/be eaten IRL, or reply to topics saying they want it. I get that saying it can be a rush in and of itself even if the person would totally get cold feet when presented with the situation in reality, but you just can't tell who's dead-serious and who's just saying it because it sounds good. Kind of a "Man, if I had the opportunity, I'd kill [political leader/celebrity] without hesitation" situation. But the thing is, saying that kind of stuff, at the VERY least, looks bad for the community.
Humbug
---

Postby XDDX » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Flute wrote:I'm not even talking about people who say they'd like to do it if it was safe. No, I'm talking about people who want to be eaten and digested for real. They aren't appreciating the fetish in a healthy way anymore if the only thing preventing them from killing themselves is the fact that vore is physically impossible.

Don't worry, once they get into a situation where it might become a reality, they'll probably be really sane really quickly ^^
XDDX
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SREDISKRAD » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:24 pm

The problem with a thread like this, you're not going to get the other viewpoint to the story because those who stand and say "Yeah, if the technology were real and it was completely possible, I'd do it" would be ridiculed. This will stop those people coming here because, no matter what they say after that sentence or words to that effect to explain their standpoint, they're wrong.

Watch, I'll be the first and say, yes, if the technology was available where I could be 1 inch tall, I would do so around any pet I own that I would want to eat me. Why? Does it matter? It's my opinion, and, we're talking fantasy because the technology to shrink someone is about as real as teh technology that would allow someone to go back in time and shoot Hitler, take some pics of a dinosaur or kill their own granddad. We can't travel time like that and it would be practically impossible. So would shrinking myself and feeding a lizard, it's practically impossible.

Do I have other reasons, a few, and I will keep my reasons to myself, but, theoretically, yes I would.
I'm Back, BICHES!

Intentional spelling of Bitches, Biches.
SREDISKRAD
???

Postby eatmeup » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Chameleonette wrote:
Kanosint wrote:

This is my assumption here, but I don't think this is what the thread creator was referring to. And it's not what I was referring to in my response, either. Chances are, we have no IDEA what people say to each other in the heat of those moments, since most of those RPs are private things.

I'm talking about people who actually make topics here and post in the vore tag on tumblr about the terrible things they would do/take part in if vore was real or "if they could get away with it". And that's troubling.

All it takes is one incident and this entire community could be under fire or erased completely. People need to understand that we live in a day and age where "haha just kidding!" isn't necessarily going to get you off the hook. Case in point to real people who have been arrested over something they said on the internet, whether it's unclear that they were serious about it or not. People need to be careful, for the good of themselves and for the good of the community. Fetishes and fantasies can easily be taken too far when applied to real life and there needs to be more caution shown.

That's a legitimate thing to be concerned about. Though in such a case, under that criterion, that's predominantly just a discussion for a moderator and not really much else to discuss, if you're worried about people posting things on eka's or links to that sort of activity offsite. All you have to do is report it to the administrators on this website, insofar as it just violates the rules here to link to tumblr or to post that sort of thing.

Though I'm not really sure if you're interested in everything else that happens offsite. I don't see any way of doing much about that. Though I would have to say I have a bit more optimism. Fetish communities often evolve or react to events but they never really disappear unless the fetish itself does. I mean there's other fetishists that worry about the same thing as the vores. But the aspyhxiation community certainly isn't going anywhere. I mean the brilliant philosopher and logician Richard Montague was strangled to death in a moment of aspyxiation in California that turned to murder but you don't see the suffocation websites vanish or the offsite communities. And such things are true of other fetish communities too.

But if people are really that worried about it, I wish you luck. Its just something I can't really be bothered about in the cause of regulating human nature on what happens offsite.
Last edited by eatmeup on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eatmeup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby masterofvore1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:30 pm

having that in the back of one's mind can indeed mutate into something more dangerous even if it is claimed by the holder not to.
one thing I do find a bit irritating is when people(even in vore communities) tell me that I shouldn't like xyz because it's bad in real life- though that's a bit hypocritical because if they use the excuse for what they like that it's totally isolated and doesn't represent a real life desire to do something, then why would other's use of that reason be invalidated based on someone else's preference?
(i.e. Bob likes soft vore. Mary likes hard vore. Bob tells Marry that she's sick and disgusting for wanting to do that. when asked about Bob's, he claims it's ok because he wouldn't think to try it in real life)
masterofvore1
---

Postby Flute » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:32 pm

The replies have all been very nice to read so far! It's good to finally have a discussion about this, and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one concerned with this issue.

Chameleonette wrote:
Kanosint wrote:

Indeed, that's the kind of stuff I was referring to. Not just topics or tumblr posts, but just comments in general. I've seen many comments, even here on Eka's Portal itself, where people openly said they'd enjoy being digested for real.

Twalock1 wrote:I don't reply to these often and I know, I read very few of the recent comments, though I thought I had to make my own statement.
I met a girl on Youtube not terribly long ago who I honestly thought would be a fantastic mate... Until I spoke with her. She loved vore, stomach noises and the lot of everything and was even a predator, however, she hated life altogether. This sounds strange, but, what she had initially told me was that she wanted to be dead, that she didn't want to be alive and she even hated everybody else equally. I was quickly disgusted by this, and I felt sorry for her, but, in being my own predatory self, I mentioned quickly that were it possible, I could give her wish to her of wanting to be eaten... And she said yes, were it possible she would gladly let me eat her and digest her.

In this sense, I believe it is still unfortunate and almost depressing, yes... But the person -wants- to be eaten. It's almost like non-con and consensual. She was consensual, and wanted it severely bad, because she didn't want this life anymore. As I said, this is still quite... Disturbing... But were we in a world like the Aryion.com chat, a world where sex and vore is normal and encouraged... Would this be so disturbing and upsetting in the first place?

I'm sorry to hear about the girl you met, but don't you think it'd be better to help her see the bright side of life instead of encouraging her self-destructive tendencies? Suicide is never the solution. Consensual or not, that'd still be disturbing and wrong. That would be assisted suicide, and it'd be no different from you shooting her with a gun or something. Murder is murder, no matter the means used.

SREDISKRAD wrote:The problem with a thread like this, you're not going to get the other viewpoint to the story because those who stand and say "Yeah, if the technology were real and it was completely possible, I'd do it" would be ridiculed. This will stop those people coming here because, no matter what they say after that sentence or words to that effect to explain their standpoint, they're wrong.

This is exactly why it took so long for me to post this. I knew the situation would be like that, but I just don't know any other way my thoughts could be put into words, and this was something I really needed to get off my chest.
Flute
New to the forum

Postby Chameleonette » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:48 pm

masterofvore1 wrote:having that in the back of one's mind can indeed mutate into something more dangerous even if it is claimed by the holder not to.

This is precisely the thing that I worry about.

I won't name names, but numerous---I daresay at least 75% of the people I have chatted here with (on site and through IMs), have said that they are depressed or have some other sort of mental issues or problems. I worry that while we treat these desires that go over the line as 'harmless' because 'they can't be done in real life', there's still the danger that such thoughts could go down a terrible path, especially if said person became seriously suicidal.

And it could work in the opposite direction, too. That may sound far-fetched, but if said two unstable people on opposite ends of the spectrum came together, the results could be disastrous.

I think it's important to recognize the danger and to not let the fetish overtake you and the way that you function day to day. We're more than our fetishes and we shouldn't live for them---or wish to die for them.
Last edited by Chameleonette on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chameleonette
---

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion