Would anyone else have liked to have had this happen instead

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Would anyone else have liked to have had this happen instead

Postby Argo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Did does anyone else wish that the giantess in Dude Where's my Car had eaten the blonde lady instead of (or including) her boyfriend? I know I would have. And what the heck was with how indifferent she was to her boyfriend getting eaten?

In addition, why do you think that they had her eat him in particular? And why does it seem that in movies and stuff like that, giantess only seem to eat men?
Last edited by Argo on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Argo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Would anyone else have liked to have seen this?

Postby Shellfish » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:22 pm

In addition, why do you think that they had her eat him in particular? And why does it seem that in movies and stuff like that, giantess only seem to eat men?

Because confirmation bias has convinced an absurdly large subset of this community that they're a coveted market that's being covertly flirted with by media. In fairness, considering it's the only reason I've heard people name-drop a forgettable something-teen year old stoner-comedy in nearly-just-as-long, I guess the super-secret fetish marketing campaign has been a success.

Edit: I wonder if I'm ever going to find a reason to post that doesn't make me sound like a giant grump.
Shellfish
New to the forum

Postby Argo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Shellfish wrote:

Because confirmation bias has convinced an absurdly large subset of this community that they're a coveted market that's being covertly flirted with by media. In fairness, considering it's the only reason I've heard people name-drop a forgettable something-teen year old stoner-comedy in nearly-just-as-long, I guess the super-secret fetish marketing campaign has been a success.

Edit: I wonder if I'm ever going to find a reason to post that doesn't make me sound like a giant grump.

You ever hear the phrase "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all," because you should really heed that.
Argo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby XDDX » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Shellfish wrote:

:lol:

I wonder if the people who were in that movie even remember making it ^^
XDDX
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Would anyone else have liked to have had this happen ins

Postby Argo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:45 pm

From what I understand they do. I never said I liked the movie, I just like the giantess and the vore.
Argo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Argo wrote:You ever hear the phrase "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all," because you should really heed that.

While what Shellfish said isn't exactly "Nice" and borderline cynical. Shellfish was still being reasonable and mostly respectful. I see no intention of attack, so please don't take it as one.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Argo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:56 pm

Eka wrote:
Argo wrote:You ever hear the phrase "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all," because you should really heed that.

While what Shellfish said isn't exactly "Nice" and borderline cynical. Shellfish was still being reasonable and mostly respectful. I see no intention of attack, so please don't take it as one.

I will have to disagree with you on that. I felt plenty disrespected. I put up this post not for people to answer in the way they answered, but for people to answer kindly and in a manner that actually answers what I asked.
Argo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Mecho » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:37 pm

the blonde lady instead of (or including) her boyfriend? I know I would have.

..............And then?
Mecho
---

Postby Argo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:20 pm

immortal_food wrote:
the blonde lady instead of (or including) her boyfriend? I know I would have.

..............And then?

I will eat you.
Argo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AdjectiveNounCombo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Shellfish's comment was witty and, in my opinion, accurate. That's all I took from it. lol
AdjectiveNounCombo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TreFix » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:27 am

whether or not is was, I'm quite sure we can all agree Leiner's next flick was much better
TreFix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Assimilation » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:36 am

Shellfish wrote:Because confirmation bias has convinced an absurdly large subset of this community that they're a coveted market that's being covertly flirted with by media. In fairness, considering it's the only reason I've heard people name-drop a forgettable something-teen year old stoner-comedy in nearly-just-as-long, I guess the super-secret fetish marketing campaign has been a success.

Don't worry about appearing like the only giant grump; I'm one too. I've sat through 7 years of these sort of shallow yet highly-specific question topics in this forum community. They're inane, they're unenlightening, and they make me question how the average person perceives the world around them. I've learned to just ignore it, and leave these posters and those who respond genuinely to their discussions, because they clearly enjoy the discourse enough to engage. Hell, I've started giving real responses to some of these threads just because I'm idling on Eka's while hoping certain artists might upload something new.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Argo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:32 am

Assimilation wrote:
Shellfish wrote:Because confirmation bias has convinced an absurdly large subset of this community that they're a coveted market that's being covertly flirted with by media. In fairness, considering it's the only reason I've heard people name-drop a forgettable something-teen year old stoner-comedy in nearly-just-as-long, I guess the super-secret fetish marketing campaign has been a success.

Don't worry about appearing like the only giant grump; I'm one too. I've sat through 7 years of these sort of shallow yet highly-specific question topics in this forum community. They're inane, they're unenlightening, and they make me question how the average person perceives the world around them. I've learned to just ignore it, and leave these posters and those who respond genuinely to their discussions, because they clearly enjoy the discourse enough to engage. Hell, I've started giving real responses to some of these threads just because I'm idling on Eka's while hoping certain artists might upload something new.

Look don't insult me just because what I want to hear about from people in this community doesn't match what you want to hear from it. I don't have anyone to talk to about things like this so when I come on here, where people who are into this stuff like me are, I am going to ask about this kind of stuff. Is it casual (I refuse to use your condescending term "inane") yes, but you know what not every conversation or topic need to be "enlightening" some of us just want to have a fun chat and talk about stuff we saw or read. Hell, there's still something more to it for me because that scene was one major thing that helped me realize what I am and eventually helped me come to terms with it. So get off your high horse and wrench your head out of your ass and quit looking down on others just because what they feel like talking about doesn't fit with what you want.
Argo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:11 pm

Argo wrote:Look don't insult me just because what I want to hear about from people in this community doesn't match what you want to hear from it. I don't have anyone to talk to about things like this so when I come on here, where people who are into this stuff like me are, I am going to ask about this kind of stuff. Is it casual (I refuse to use your condescending term "inane") yes, but you know what not every conversation or topic need to be "enlightening" some of us just want to have a fun chat and talk about stuff we saw or read. Hell, there's still something more to it for me because that scene was one major thing that helped me realize what I am and eventually helped me come to terms with it. So get off your high horse and wrench your head out of your ass and quit looking down on others just because what they feel like talking about doesn't fit with what you want.

Argo: This is getting a bit far.

First, you made an open question. Then you start telling people they shouldn't post at all if they don't have anything nice to say. The problem here is that you didn't ask for anything specific. You made an open question and you asked for opinion. Some of them you are probably not going to like, but discouraging people from sharing their opinion is quite unacceptable.

Second, They didn't insult you,,because they are not talking about you, or to you. Assimilation quoted Shellfish. Not you. You don't get to make a thread and have everyone to response but only about you. You either post something specific to yourself and limit the discussion to yourself, or post something everyone can talk to each other about. You can't have it both way.

Anyway. Argo, get off your high horse. This place is for open discussion. You get to set the topic, but you don't get to decide how people talk about it. Lose that attitude or find another site.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Bright » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:25 pm

I suppose the giantess ate the man because he acted like an ass.
I doubt we'll see a giantess eat a woman in popular media as they probably view it as lesbianism.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby yummyyoungnorski » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Argo wrote:I will have to disagree with you on that. I felt plenty disrespected. I put up this post not for people to answer in the way they answered, but for people to answer kindly and in a manner that actually answers what I asked.

I don't think you were disrespected. I think he was blunt and criticized your reasoning, but he never attacked you personally and frankly someone being willing to tell you what they know is not a sign of disrespect, it's actually a sign they respect you enough to tell you the truth. He didn't insult you, he didn't misrepesent what you said, he wasn't cavalier with you, I can see why it might hurt A BIT but it was on point and to the purpose.

Bright wrote:I suppose the giantess ate the man because he acted like an ass.
I doubt we'll see a giantess eat a woman in popular media as they probably view it as lesbianism.

Actually men get eaten by men and male things all the time in media, even though male homosexuality actually offends a lot more people (many religions, including Judaism, considered male homosexuality wrong but female homosexuality perfectly acceptable) - I think it has more to do with our subconscious perception of men as being more carnal, more in to danger, nature, roughing it, hard dirty work, et cetera and less pitiable. It's the same as why a woman who cries at work is a lot less likely to be fired than a man who does the same thing, or why male tears and emotional outbursts (unless of a romantic nature, such as crying over a girl or the marching drums of a battle fought and lost long ago) don't elicit the same response as female ones.
For the joy of good food.

Visit my gallery on DeviantArt: http://yummyyoungnorski.deviantart.com/
yummyyoungnorski
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pyro » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:05 am

Bright wrote:I doubt we'll see a giantess eat a woman in popular media as they probably view it as lesbianism.

I'm almost certain they wouldn't view it as such, because for most people vore isn't even remotely sexual. They probably won't even know that some of us find it sexual at all.
Pyro
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:15 pm

Well, it was just a suggestion.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Pyro » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:22 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by 'suggestion' there.
Pyro
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mecho » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:06 pm

even though male homosexuality actually offends a lot more people (many religions, including Judaism, considered male homosexuality wrong but female homosexuality perfectly acceptable)

Female homosexuality is not more accepted. It's just more sexualised by the heterosexual male, and that is just as bad as people hating om homosexual males. Just wanted to point that out.
Mecho
---

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion