intervention of heros

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

intervention of heros

Postby hero097 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:30 pm

okay my last one got everyone in a war, so now one that seems to be directed at me.

personally whenever i do safe vore i have a hero to save the day or take revenge if digestion. like i said i will permadeath something like loosing a character in fire emblem.

but whats your personal opinions on heros appearing in vore stories, comics or pictures. i know theres a couple on here but i want to hear everyones opinion.

^^; oh boy im about to get flamed like a campfire
so what if my memories are not real, its still me. and i will fufil my promises thats all that matters to me now.
hero097
Somewhat familiar

Re: intervention of heros

Postby hax » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:00 pm

None of the users on your previous thread were really arguing.

That aside, heroics are fun as a concept...both to a pro and anti-vore capacity. I myself have played superhero characters in our chat's RP room, and have intervened in public (open) scenarios. Although, seeing as though vore is commonplace as a form of sexuality in the setting of Nexus Park, my characters typically focus less on saving lives and more on protecting or upholding consent. That being said, I sense that some people are offended by the suggestion of rape-connotations in vore involving unwilling prey. Rape is, after all, a sensitive subject to begin with.
hax
Somewhat familiar

Postby hero097 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:43 pm

that was just a figure of speach when i said going to war, i meant there were a lot of comments for both sides. but okay
so what if my memories are not real, its still me. and i will fufil my promises thats all that matters to me now.
hero097
Somewhat familiar

Postby CrimsonShadow » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:44 pm

It all depends on the prey. If I enjoy the prey, I like the idea of a hero saving them then either the hero or the original prey punishing the original pred by eating them. If I don't care about the prey, (or the pred for that matter) then I like the idea of a "hero" "avenging" the obviously still alive prey by eating the pred, instead of rescuing the prey.
CrimsonShadow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LordStorm » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:09 pm

Well in my case, a lot of my work the prey characters ARE the heroes ^^; The Space Babes are chasing those villianous Space Pirates after all...it just dosen't stop them from getting eaten though :silly: That might lead to some technically bad ends, though it dosen't stop me from using the characters again. Switching up the genra's and universes is a good way of having a fatal end while avoiding perma-death :wink:
Current Projects: Mystery of the Wendigo
My Gallery: http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/LordStorm
LordStorm
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DethXev » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:17 am

Unless they are on the pred's side...noooooo heroes!! :evil:
I want you more when you're afraid of me...
DethXev
Participator

Postby Mark » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:17 am

I'd consider "heroes" showing up an optional add-on. The basic vore scenario (one predator, one prey) can do just fine without them, so a third party trying to intervene (whether for entirely "heroic" reasons or not and regardless of success or failure) is already something of an embellishment.

Can be fun if done well, of course.
Mark
Participator

Postby Humbug » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:31 am

Heroes are either food, or they're cockblockers, as far as I'm concerned.

I prefer consequences to my vore scenarios, so when the prey gets let free, it pretty much ruins the scene unless they're eaten again shortly thereafter. If someone tries and gets eaten in the process, though... :-D
Humbug
---

Postby Lumesa » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:37 am

Humbug wrote:Heroes are either food, or they're cockblockers, as far as I'm concerned.

I prefer consequences to my vore scenarios, so when the prey gets let free, it pretty much ruins the scene unless they're eaten again shortly thereafter. If someone tries and gets eaten in the process, though... :-D

^T his. I love this. I also tend to like it, on occasion, when a hero is just straight-up killed while trying to rescue a prey victim. And before anyone says "well the pred would be full and unable to move and stop the hero!" you gotta remember that guns exist, and that they really don't require mobility. Also, pressing physics logic into a vore situation is about as cagey as selling pixie dust out of your trenchcoat pockets.

Digestion yes, kind/cuddly bellies maybe, heroics? If the story DEMANDS IT, I guess. I'm a writer first and a pseudo-sadist second.

but still digestion yes

pls
(✿◕‿◕) I will eat you whole.
Lumesa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mark » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:58 am

Well, as I've already tried to sum up earlier, I think it comes down to scope. The most basic vore scenario is essentially just a vignette -- you've got one predator and one prey with things rigged in favor of the predator (ideally in a plausible fashion by them) so that the outcome is a foregone conclusion and all that's left to describe is the experience itself.

Zoom back outward and/or try for a longer ongoing story, though, and room for bringing in additional characters and plot developments immediately opens up. And then you can certainly have heroic rescue attempts, competing predators trying to snatch each others' prey, police doing their damnedest to track down the cause for all those disappearances, and so on easily enough without it feeling in the slightest bit contrived. It's all just a question of what you're actually aiming for.
Mark
Participator

Postby Humbug » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:10 pm

Mark wrote:Well, as I've already tried to sum up earlier, I think it comes down to scope. The most basic vore scenario is essentially just a vignette -- you've got one predator and one prey with things rigged in favor of the predator (ideally in a plausible fashion by them) so that the outcome is a foregone conclusion and all that's left to describe is the experience itself.

Zoom back outward and/or try for a longer ongoing story, though, and room for bringing in additional characters and plot developments immediately opens up. And then you can certainly have heroic rescue attempts, competing predators trying to snatch each others' prey, police doing their damnedest to track down the cause for all those disappearances, and so on easily enough without it feeling in the slightest bit contrived. It's all just a question of what you're actually aiming for.
Was this a reply to me and/or Glitch? Or are you just explaining your position further?
Humbug
---

Postby hero097 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:51 pm

oh um wow, well then. ^^; lots a strong opinions with this one.
hero097
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mark » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:15 pm

Humbug wrote:
Mark wrote:Well, as I've already tried to sum up earlier, I think it comes down to scope. The most basic vore scenario is essentially just a vignette -- you've got one predator and one prey with things rigged in favor of the predator (ideally in a plausible fashion by them) so that the outcome is a foregone conclusion and all that's left to describe is the experience itself.

Was this a reply to me and/or Glitch? Or are you just explaining your position further?

Bit of both, I think. IIRC, I read your replies, then decided my own earlier one didn't seem quite in-depth enough.
Mark
Participator

Postby MasterGryph » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm for them.

I disagree that a vore story needs to have things tilted insurmountably in favor of the predator. Logically speaking, even the best predator can't win them all. Their many failures simply aren't expanded on most of the time. It's the struggle that attracts me to it (most of the time). And a failed attempt at vore would be just as engrossing as a success.

That isn't to say that a hero is necessary. Two characters is enough for a decent story.
But why stop at two? There's plenty of room for something else from the wider world to appear and intervene.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby Humbug » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:28 pm

Mark wrote:Bit of both, I think. IIRC, I read your replies, then decided my own earlier one didn't seem quite in-depth enough.
Gotcha. Just making sure 'cuz preferences have nothing to do with narrative sense. Once a hero comes along and saves someone, it stops being fetish material and becomes just a story to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm just saying you can't use logic to debate fetish preferences. :)

hero097 wrote:oh um wow, well then. ^^; lots a strong opinions with this one.
Really? I guess it's a strong opinion in my case, but I'm not pushing it on other people. XD
Humbug
---

Postby Slash » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:57 am

Depends what the focus of the story or scene is. Is this based on story or the vore itself? If it's about a story that has vore in it and is not the general theme. Then you could go any which way about what happens to the hero, pred or prey in the situation. If your focusing on the vore only. Then there has to be finality in the scene. A confirmed pred & prey. The hero in the scene can just as much fit those roles too. But to merely neutralize the vore situation entirely by letting the prey get saved. Whats the point if your doing the scenario as vore as the focus, just to let that happen. Either you do it or you don't. Don't backpeddle on the scene, it just kills the moment. 8)
Slash
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion