Vore and Anxiety

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Vore and Anxiety

Postby Bags » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:11 pm

I think I may be the only one on here that doesn't have anxiety problems
Bags
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Humbug » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Bags wrote:I think I may be the only one on here that doesn't have anxiety problems
You're not. I don't either, but this topic just asked who -did- have anxiety problems, so those without don't really have a place here. This is in no way indicative of the actual stats on the Portal. :)
Humbug
---

Postby Doctor » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:43 pm

I've been diagnosed with depression since I was a toddler, and recently I've had horrible anxiety issues too. The weed keeps it suppressed though.
Doctor
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tassie » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:35 am

Guilty in so many different ways. :(
Tassie
Participator

Postby Assimilation » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:49 am

No anxiety troubles here.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RedBoggle » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:09 am

Both my father and brother are mentally ill (though my dad refuses to admit it), so I'm kind of worried about myself.
When I was in the 9th grade, I thought I could transmit my thoughts to birds, so I constantly repressed them in open spaces. I never really thought freely on my own volition until I was by myself in an enclosed room, where I was certain no one had even the slightest chance to hear these thoughts in case I was somehow more psychic than I thought. I was sort of paranoid about it until I realized how crazy it all sounded.
This is one of the reasons I'm in constant doubt of my mental health. There are lots of other reasons, but I worry about coming off as an online Münchausen case if I list them here. I already think this post might be too long as it is.
:?
Last edited by RedBoggle on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedBoggle
Somewhat familiar

Postby KnightofNonsense1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:19 am

I have some anxiety issues but I think it has more to do with me than it has to do with vore. I've never really felt comfortable being open or vulnerable with anyone. I've only been friends with people who have similar interests or people that I'm almost forced to see everyday, like classmates or coworkers. If I lose contact with these "friends" then I get it in my head that since they don't call on me they don't really care about me. Consequently I detach myself from others from the outset trying to minimize the pain from breaking ties, the only relationships that last are my family relationships. I've never even tried to communicate something so personal and vulnerable with anyone, even with people here on Eka's. I'm afraid that I'll be completely rejected by someone I care about because of vore and being repulsed by it.
Last edited by KnightofNonsense1 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
KnightofNonsense1
New to the forum

Postby Kitsouille » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:37 am

I do, but I don't think I ever had any panic attack or whatever it is called. I've always been a little shy and introverted, not sure if it is related but it does seem rather coincidental with that many people.
Kitsouille
???

Postby evilsociopsych » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:23 pm

I've had a lot of issues: depression, low self-esteem, shyness, underappreciation, PTSD and abandonment syndrome, low empathy :roll:
I've managed to deal with most of the above, but developed somewhat sociopathic behaviour :roll:, I don't care if I hurt someones feelings when I think I am right - I have become ruthless instead of being sensitive :neutral:
as for my gf's - I've been with girls that weren't even worth the time, and lacked ability to aim higher ...
recently I discovered that my thoughts are sometimes getting contradictory let's say:
small example:
"I dislike violence as it is the weak man's response to problems"
"I would take great pleasure in hurting someone in an act of self defense, they asked for it and need to be taught a lesson ..."
which kinda looks like MPD or schizo-phrenia :roll:

and an interesting fact: when I dream of my literal self playing the prey (not the character or alter ego) and facing that evil I adore so much, (in a dream world dimension) prospect of death by being trapped in a dark, smelly pit of the stomach to be digested alive - I wake up sweated with chills on my spine as if it was a nightmare :oops:
evilsociopsych
Somewhat familiar

Postby CherryBlossom » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:58 pm

Yeah. I have Social Anxiety Disorder, and it's horrible. I finally feel accepted here. I always feel so unaccepted and left out. Different, in a bad way. A very bad way.
CherryBlossom
Somewhat familiar

Postby CherryBlossom » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:01 am

Kitsouille wrote:I do, but I don't think I ever had any panic attack or whatever it is called. I've always been a little shy and introverted, not sure if it is related but it does seem rather coincidental with that many people.

You've been diagnosed with Anxiety, yet never had a panic attack? No offense but being shy isn't Anxiety- Anxiety is a mental disorder.
CherryBlossom
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kitsouille » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:25 pm

CherryBlossom wrote:You've been diagnosed with Anxiety, yet never had a panic attack? No offense but being shy isn't Anxiety- Anxiety is a mental disorder.

I haven't been diagnosed, I'm just looking back at my life and thought that "maybe" I have it. But probably just a lot of shyness and no anxiety. Sorry for the misunderstanding of me confusing two different things ^^;
Kitsouille
???

Postby ragnar » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:21 am

Depression here.
ragnar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chameleonette » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Yes, but I haven't had any serious issues with anxiety for years. I grew up with loads of social problems to the point of constantly wearing headphones, skipping lunch for the rest of my days in school and hiding in the library every chance I got because of bullying and other things that made me extremely wary of being around other people and being made a laughing stock for kicks. The last serious effect it had on me was nearly starving myself while I was in college because I was too nerve-ridden and panicky about stepping foot in the dorm dining hall to actually eat. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have jumped right in to staying in a dorm when I wasn't ready for that kind of interaction and living with a whole bunch of people I didn't know. I never did get diagnosed/treated (mostly because I can't really stand the thought of trying to open up to someone like that and I don't think meds will solve my problems), but I've kind of treated myself since and adapted a little more socially. I'm still not where I want to be, but I don't feel like the world is crumbling down around me when I'm in crowds or with strangers anymore. I just came back from a trip where I went to PAX Prime and frankly, I had a blast. I even got to meet Markiplier, an amazing source of inspiration to me, in person. (Though I was at PAX with two people I knew, which I'm sure helped calm me somewhat.) And I'm getting accustomed to talking more with doing LPs and livestreams. Every little step counts. And online in general, I feel like it's definitely easier to be myself and express my opinions more. I feel that with every day, I become a little more confident in myself.

If this is about whether or not vore adds or takes away from anxiety issues, though, then I don't really fit the bill. I'm sometimes ashamed of my interest in it, but I don't have any anxiety over it. (That could change if someone close to me found out about my interest in it, though. I don't want that to happen and I'd rather keep it in the dark where I feel it belongs for me.) But since I only got into vore more seriously in the past two years, it hasn't had much of an effect on my anxiety issues.
Passionate advocate of M/F vore.

My RP Seeking Thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35501
Chameleonette
---

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion