Why do you prefer (insert gender) as your pred?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Why do you prefer (insert gender) as your pred?

Postby MelancholyClownD » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:45 am

Why do you prefer m or f as pred?

For me: i think why i have female preds as my preference is because it's nice to see gender roles broken and i guess i like seeing my partner pleased? lol

How about you?
MelancholyClownD
Participator

Re: Why do you prefer (insert gender) as your pred?

Postby megabenito » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:55 am

I prefer female preds because I'm an heterosexual man so I like females. And as I don't like to be a pred I dont like male predators.
megabenito
Been posting for a bit

Postby Birichino » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:50 am

Fetishes tend to have an imbalance in conventional power arrangements as their central element. This makes female predators more appealing. I also just like and am more comfortable with girls.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby AthenaAsh » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:46 pm

I personally, don't like to eat anything, that is unless you really make me ready, (But i don't mind either gender...in a way) other than that I enjoy watching one of my male char or a char from a anime eat them, since they all males they tend to want girls. But it all matters depending the day tbh.
AthenaAsh
Been posting for a bit

Postby ScrambleandClick » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:39 pm

I like both genders for predators (personality matters the most to me, not generic gender slots), but, I have a disproportionate amount of male predators :/.

It's largely due to me tending to make most characters (regardless if they're preds or not) male for some odd reason. Combine that with me being more resonant with predatory characters == a lot of random characters who also just happen to be predators.
ScrambleandClick
Participator

Postby emilyvore » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:01 pm

I'm a mostly-straight girl and I prefer female preds. I think it's because of the imagery and concepts behind why I'm into vore -- enjoying male preds makes perfect sense, if you got into vore through a more food-based concept. Men tend to eat more, and hunt more, so I'd imagine that male pred preference is more common in people where their vore fetishism is the result of food/hunting/etc. Of course there are exceptions, and most people align with being prey and liking the opposite gender as pred anyway. But I do feel like male preds are more common in furry art, which tends to have more to do with predation and more feral characters. That increased prevalence of male preds is part of why I don't gravitate all that much towards the furry spectrum of vore fetishism.

Now, while I do get turned on most by being pred, my prey can be either gender. I get a lot of both in roleplays. But I think my preference for female preds has more to do with why I like vore: the power, control, manipulation, and the large belly imagery. It sounds cliche, but I honestly think that pregnancy has a lot to do with it -- the idea of a woman with a large, round, full belly hanging down, larger breasts, larger ass... most of the stuff we see in this kind of vore comes almost directly from the idea of pregnancy. Granted, a lot of our sexuality in the first place comes from reproduction, so it could just be a coincidence. Correlation isn't causation, but I think the fetishes overlap enough that it's not ridiculous to draw a parallel. Add that to the fact that female power has a lot do with the power to create life, and the idea of perverting that imagery of the large belly and full breasts into the destruction of life is a huge fucking turn-on.

This also connects with the vanity aspect of being a pred -- the idea of making yourself more attractive, plumping up your breasts to attract more prey. Our society pretty much expects women to be more vain than men -- for better and worse, making ourselves look better is a big part of our worth as people and reproductive prospects. So I guess the idea of adding to myself using prey appeals to the beauty queen in me. The fact that these additions are made of men, typically, is interesting, but I wouldn't say it's revenge for gender roles or anything. I think fetishes are much more simple than that. I think it's more the humiliation of a masculine guy being turned into very feminine tits and ass. And if the prey is female, it's about adding her attractiveness to mine.

But there's also more to say about the control and manipulation. The stereotype is that, while men are large and powerful, women need to be more cunning and socially manipulative to survive. I think that's kinda total bullshit, because men and women need each other to survive -- but it is true that social control is commonly thought of as more feminine than physical control, especially with the specific example of seduction. So, the idea of seducing or tricking a stronger male into my belly turns me on a lot; using that superpower, so to speak, to win over someone who should, by all rights, be able to beat me to a pulp. But at the same time, I do like role reversal stuff -- where, try as he might, the 25 year old muscle-bound man can't overpower a dainty little 12-year-old girl, driving said man crazy as he helplessly gets sent down her gullet and digested. Could be that's a physical manifestation of manipulative power -- essentially neutralizing a more powerful opponent, as if by magic.

That was kind of a long answer, haha. Diving into my own psychology has never done me much good, honestly, but hopefully this sparks some decent discussion?
emilyvore
Somewhat familiar

Postby ScrambleandClick » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:27 pm

@emilyvore's entire post: Out of curiosity, are the preds you roleplay driven by a desire eat others or do they need to eat others? For me, I usually get interested in both genders of preds when they meet the needs-to-eat-others requirement (which is an emotional requirement for me).

The erotic aspects (domination, sadism, distension, suffocation, coiling (bonus points if coiling's done with a non-serpentine body), I could go on and on) are usually things that I like in both predator genders too, but have a hard time maintaining mental imagery for one of the genders when replaying the images in my head.

For instance:
* Female predator: Sadism ahoy? Sure thing! *brain lets it easily pass*
* Male predator: Sadism ahoy? Sure thinaowiejawoiawew--BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP-- *brain stops going, WHAT IF PEOPLE SAY SEXISM DAMN IT EVEN THOUGH THE CHARACTER'S NOT SEXIST?*
ScrambleandClick
Participator

Postby BelleJar » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:54 pm

I like female preds because I'm female lol. Also the full tummy looks better on a woman, at least it does in my opinion.
BelleJar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArcaneSigil » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:15 pm

I'm going to sound weird by saying this, possibly, but I prefer females because I just think females make better predators. If you think about it, women are predators. They nag and harp at you and bitch and if that doesn't work, they can resort to the ultimate weapon of a female... Tears.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby Ghrelin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:24 pm

i prefer males as preds, largely because i am male and a pred. though i think part of it is also just being tired of seeing female preds all the time lol. also, males are just more naturally suited to that role, so it tends to be more believable to me.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ThelittledDeonCat » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:34 pm

I'm female, I like guys, I prefer being taken by male preds.
ThelittledDeonCat
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby YoukaiChan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:53 pm

I prefer male preds exclusively for these reasons:

1. I'm a straight woman who identifies as prey. So by default I'm attracted to men as preds, simple as pie. XD

2. I think this user sums it up nicely VV
Erastus wrote:I think part of it is also just being tired of seeing female preds all the time lol. also, males are just more naturally suited to that role, so it tends to be more believable to me.

The over-saturation of female preds wherever you look only made me less interested in them in the long-run. Although in the furry fandom malepred content is easy to come across, but if you want humanoid males? Haha, good luck buddy. :P
(This reason is also partially why I approve of M/F with role reversal themes to it. Which is weird because role reversal is usually an eye-roller for me but that's a different can o' worms.)

3. The piss-poor attitude towards malepred stuff in favor of female has pretty much sullied my tolerance towards them. Is it a petty reason? Well, yeah. I don't care - that still made me dislike them in the end among other reasons. dealwithit.
The Incredible, Edible Catgirl is at your service!(Or...maybe not. D:)
YoukaiChan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Location: NOT being eaten by a dragon (*coughImeansomewhereinQuebec*)

Postby GREGOLE » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 pm

I like male and female preds equally. I think y'all are just weird.
Last edited by GREGOLE on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rhysion » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:53 pm

Like others above have said it's more the personality behind the pred that appeals to me, even if it's just for something one-off. Male, female, herm, etc isn't what drives my attraction. That said, I tend to almost always play male preds. They're easier for me to get into playing, as I am one.

The community based reasons YoukaiChan brought up are also partially to blame too. There's so much F/F only attitude I've seen that it kind of turns me off from it.
Rhysion
Somewhat familiar

Postby RonanTraumer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:26 pm

The short answer for me is "it depends."

When I imagine myself as prey, my straight male bias comes into play and I prefer to be eaten by female predators. There is an exception, when the act of eating doesn't have a sexual cast to it. If I'm just looking for a soulless, vicious, down-to-the-grisly-business predator who has no interest in teasing me, males work about as well as females. I still prefer females, but I can be quite a bit more open.

When I read or write about vore, though, I can take it either way. A male predator character is someone I can identify with, and a female predator is someone I can imagine succumbing to, so it all works out.

M/M doesn't do a lot for me because I find the female body so much more appealing (and therefore appetizing) than the male body, so it makes it harder for me to identify with a male predator taking male prey.
RonanTraumer
Somewhat familiar

Postby MelancholyClownD » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:02 pm

emilyvore wrote:I'm a mostly-straight girl and I prefer female preds. I think it's because of the imagery and concepts behind why I'm into vore -- enjoying male preds makes perfect sense, if you got into vore through a more food-based concept. Men tend to eat more, and hunt more, so I'd imagine that male pred preference is more common in people where their vore fetishism is the result of food/hunting/etc. Of course there are exceptions, and most people align with being prey and liking the opposite gender as pred anyway. But I do feel like male preds are more common in furry art, which tends to have more to do with predation and more feral characters. That increased prevalence of male preds is part of why I don't gravitate all that much towards the furry spectrum of vore fetishism.

Now, while I do get turned on most by being pred, my prey can be either gender. I get a lot of both in roleplays. But I think my preference for female preds has more to do with why I like vore: the power, control, manipulation, and the large belly imagery. It sounds cliche, but I honestly think that pregnancy has a lot to do with it -- the idea of a woman with a large, round, full belly hanging down, larger breasts, larger ass... most of the stuff we see in this kind of vore comes almost directly from the idea of pregnancy. Granted, a lot of our sexuality in the first place comes from reproduction, so it could just be a coincidence. Correlation isn't causation, but I think the fetishes overlap enough that it's not ridiculous to draw a parallel. Add that to the fact that female power has a lot do with the power to create life, and the idea of perverting that imagery of the large belly and full breasts into the destruction of life is a huge fucking turn-on.

This also connects with the vanity aspect of being a pred -- the idea of making yourself more attractive, plumping up your breasts to attract more prey. Our society pretty much expects women to be more vain than men -- for better and worse, making ourselves look better is a big part of our worth as people and reproductive prospects. So I guess the idea of adding to myself using prey appeals to the beauty queen in me. The fact that these additions are made of men, typically, is interesting, but I wouldn't say it's revenge for gender roles or anything. I think fetishes are much more simple than that. I think it's more the humiliation of a masculine guy being turned into very feminine tits and ass. And if the prey is female, it's about adding her attractiveness to mine.

But there's also more to say about the control and manipulation. The stereotype is that, while men are large and powerful, women need to be more cunning and socially manipulative to survive. I think that's kinda total bullshit, because men and women need each other to survive -- but it is true that social control is commonly thought of as more feminine than physical control, especially with the specific example of seduction. So, the idea of seducing or tricking a stronger male into my belly turns me on a lot; using that superpower, so to speak, to win over someone who should, by all rights, be able to beat me to a pulp. But at the same time, I do like role reversal stuff -- where, try as he might, the 25 year old muscle-bound man can't overpower a dainty little 12-year-old girl, driving said man crazy as he helplessly gets sent down her gullet and digested. Could be that's a physical manifestation of manipulative power -- essentially neutralizing a more powerful opponent, as if by magic.

That was kind of a long answer, haha. Diving into my own psychology has never done me much good, honestly, but hopefully this sparks some decent discussion?

@Bold, That's true if you prefer realism. This fetish is entirely fantasy based to me therefore the whole "bigger stronger looking person" factor doesn't apply in my pred preference. Interesting post though :lol:
MelancholyClownD
Participator

Postby Artemis » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:29 pm

There are two ways I can really answer this, so let's just put it in list format~

Reasons I prefer female predators:
  • Girls vs boys is a fun theme to work with. I happen to be decisively on one side of that duality. Reversing gender roles, girl power, magical girls and heck even a bit of irony (smaller/cuter characters eating bigger/more intimidating characters) can all be fun to work with under the right circumstances.
  • I am attracted to boys and girls in different ways. In my opinion, female predators rock the vore look a lot better. On a related note, I have very positive feelings towards pregnancy but find male pregnancy tolerable at best. One of the reasons I love the vore look is the perceived resemblance to pregnancy.
  • On another related note, lady butts are the only butts I'm into. This matters a lot when digestion or clean full tour comes up. My favorite part of a man, the chest, decidedly doesn't do much for me in vore.
  • I'm somewhat more attracted to women and women's fashion. Maybe 65/35 in women's favor? Give or take 5?
  • I find it much easier to put myself in a character's shoes if they are female. Must be my shoe size. Being able to empathize with the pred improves my enjoyment.

Reasons I don't enjoy male predators:
  • It's very personal, really. I think what it comes down to is me having a long history of being abused and mistreated by men. Real trauma and anxiety are extremely unsexy and it has proven pretty tricky for me to navigate some of those feelings, so for the most part I just don't bother when it comes to vore. As you can see I have bigger problems. I usually only make exceptions in very controlled environments.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby iwillnomu » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:59 pm

Artemis wrote:Reasons I don't enjoy male predators:
  • It's very personal, really. I think what it comes down to is me having a long history of being abused and mistreated by men. Real trauma and anxiety are extremely unsexy and it has proven pretty tricky for me to navigate some of those feelings, so for the most part I just don't bother when it comes to vore. As you can see I have bigger problems. I usually only make exceptions in very controlled environments.

Gosh, I'm very sorry to hear you've had such a hard time with men in the past.

In response to the original question, I myself am more into male predators. I believe it's due to the fact that I am both male and homosexual. However, I can tolerate female predators, and I do, in fact, appreciate vore with such characters. You know... As odd as that may be.
iwillnomu
Participator

Postby kernac » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:03 pm

Why someone prefers a certain gender in a given situation over another is complex and often emotional rather than logical.

It partly comes down to someone's sexual orientation although not always. For example a straight male might prefer female preds, although some prefers male preds predding on female preys. I guess it depends a lot on who you identify as and if you prefer to be dominated or to dominate others.

As for myself I enjoy both male and female preds, as well as herms and such. I consider myself bisexual in real life and I enjoy being dominated by both males and females, although I often am in either a male or female mood but rarely both at the same time. For me it comes down to the pred's attitude and overall design and demeanure rather then his or her gender.
Feel free to visit my gallery, there I store my art and writings as well as commissioned pieces I have gathered over the years:

-My gallery.
kernac
Overlord of the Rose

Postby Kirah » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Fairly straightforward.

I'm a straight male, and I prefer being prey. Therefore, I prefer my preds to be female.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion