Describing the mouth?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Describing the mouth?

Postby kernac » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:22 pm

As a vore writer, I often have to describe various mouths and as such I'm kinda running low on ways of describing the oral cavity, so I thought I'd ask everyone here, how do you like to describe this little fleshy chasm of certain doom? What elements do you emphasize? Any and all impute is welcomed!
Feel free to visit my gallery, there I store my art and writings as well as commissioned pieces I have gathered over the years:

-My gallery.
kernac
Overlord of the Rose

Re: Describing the mouth?

Postby CarnivorousVixen » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Strings of drool <3
CarnivorousVixen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kitsouille » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:35 pm

I'm good at this but only in the brink of the moment when I'm writing or when I feel inspired. If you haven't done so already, try searching for synonyms and look up on language websites because they have less commonly used and rarer terms. Common words aren't forbidden but try to avoid them or use them alone, couple them with adjectives. Describe a short (or longer) situation to show instead of using only description. In a macro/micro situation instead of saying the mouth is wet, you could say that you slipped on the uneven softness of the tongue below you, then stood up almost instantly but that your body was already covered in a gooey substance. You just provided information about the tongue's softness and slipperiness, that the prey was quick on the senses and reflexes, that the mouth was extremely wet, that the saliva was very thick and sticky, and you provided some progression in the story.

You can read other people stories too to learn new words. I'm not sure how much help I was because you seem like someone experienced who's been doing this thing for a long time ^^;
Kitsouille
???

Postby crunkledick92 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:01 pm

i personally have a preference for plainer terms - english is not my first language, and very wordy descriptions with lots of long words and complicated sentences can be super confusing for me. i'm sure we've all read smut and kink fic where we had absolutely no idea what was going on... so describing things with common terms can be refreshing and less disruptive to the flow of the story

that said, for mouths specifically, there's a lot to focus on!

textures and smells can be drawn out, and instead of trying to describe them with increasingly complex/rare synonyms it may work better to make comparisons to things the reader is familiar with. instead of describing the papillae of the tongue as something confusing like "wet pleasure nubs" i'd sooner say something like "[the tongue] has a texture similar to that of a rough old towel"... well, not the sexiest example, but i'm sure you can tell what i'm driving at there, ha ha ha. and you can stretch that or make it as poetic as you want, because the reader can still tell what's supposed to be happening

and if you want to individualize mouths, i think especially the teeth are good to focus on - even among just humans, teeth have very different shapes (think overbites, crooked teeth, teeth color, presence of wisdom teeth, sharpness, shape of canines... you dig) or you can describe someone's personal breath smell - it depends largely on the diet of that person, so that can be interesting too
crunkledick92
New to the forum

Postby Wolfsage » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:32 pm

I describe the pink, cavernous opening with pearly white teeth, and a tyounge laying like a red carpet, as if inviting "prey" inside. I also add, the park opening/abyss/tunnel, at the back of the mouth with a pink uvula dangling above, like an arrow pointing down, indicating where "prey" was going.

I oftne changes it a bit, replacing some with other words but it's usually this I use to describe the mouth of the Pred.
The Sage Wolf of the forest.
Wolfsage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:37 pm

In a Similar size (prey is at least half the size if not smaller then pred) or micro macro I usually start with something like the lips parting to reveal the warm, wet jaws of *preds name or species here* with some detail to the teeth, like if one is chipped, cracked, missing, extra sharp, shining with saliva, clean and slick or dirty and grimy to the touch. Then I usually call the tongue soft, squishy and smooth, but strong and slightly rippling or twitching once the prey is inside. Then as for the throat or I usually like to use the word gullet, I describe it as dark, pulsating but gentle once it gets ahold of prey. The texture can be slick, slimy or gooy to the touch. Then breath, I don't usually describe it as unpleasant, but I do mention what the pred may have eaten or drank last, like my main pred loves strawberries his breath tends to smell of the fruit. Or another pred that I use from a TV show drinks alcohol so he has a whiskey or bourbon breath. But you know, you can say hot, stuffy, rancid of meat and humid, or warm, pleasant and soft.

I hope some of this helps!
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby bela » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:02 pm

Her lips protruding to envelop and then engulf him. Her jaw opened obscenely wide, hanging down on her chest, but then stretched further into a hideous smile. Showing where he will go. He was being pulled down by the muscular rhythm of her esophagus. Nomming. Smacking good like a lollipop.
bela
Somewhat familiar

Postby Indighost » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:27 pm

I like to talk about the warmth, the roughness of the tongue, the rippled palate, the pooling saliva, maybe a meaty scent of a carnivore's diet....
Indighost
---

Postby shrunkenone » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:21 am

I emphasize on 4 of the five senses.
Sight: The color of the mouth flesh. The anatomy, such as tongue shape, whether or not there are tonsils, and/or a uvula. If so, I describe their size & shape. How gapingly huge is the gullet? What are the teeth like? The roof of the mouth?

Hearing: what sounds of slickness can be heard as the prey is inside. Does the prd make any comments or other vocalizations? Can one hear the stomach gurgling? Maybe a belch if the pred is already digesting food, or an earlier victim?

Touch: Textures of all the surfaces prey comes into contact with. lips, tongue, taste buds, gullet, etc. All the things mentioned in sight, if touched, I describe.

Scent: Pleasent, natural, or foul, one should describe what their victim smells in the mouth, and again in the stomach.

These are what I focus on, either describing them to tease someone, or desire to have described to me in an RP, or if someone is simply telling me what their pred character's mouth, gullet, & stomach are like.
shrunkenone
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby knifesmile » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:25 am

I focus a lot on teeth, personally. Their sharpness, their gleam. And raw sensations... I have at least one or two stories where the pred crushes the prey's heart in his/its jaws, relishing the way it feels, all the little details. That sort of thing can be really good, as good or better than an actual physical description of the mouth.
knifesmile
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ghrelin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:36 am

i'd focus more on describing how the prey/viewer interprets the experience, and try to avoid listing physical descriptions without making them relevant. think of what they would see (or touch or smell or hear, whatever they're doing) and how it would make them feel. like, instead of just saying the pred had big sharp teeth, describe the prey's reaction to them to let the reader know why those are of note. the details, of course, will differ with whatever pred and prey/viewer you're dealing with. some preys will focus more on certain aspects than others. maybe cupcake b. snackenheimer is really grossed out by all the saliva sticking to her fur, while jerky von lunchenstein is particularly terrified of the dark tunnel he's about to fall into. etc etc :lol:
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Speedyblupi » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:42 pm

I agree with crunkle. A good description isn't determined by fruity language and use of synonyms or excessive detail, it's determined by effectively and concisely communicating the point in a way that people can understand, which similes can be very useful for. Teeth are often overlooked in descriptions of vore, and their features can often tell you quite a bit about what sort of character the predator is (whether they're clean, straight, yellow, etc).
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby kernac » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:30 pm

I used to overlook the teeth... But I realise there's lots of stuff to do with them now!
Feel free to visit my gallery, there I store my art and writings as well as commissioned pieces I have gathered over the years:

-My gallery.
kernac
Overlord of the Rose

Postby Noxyoursox » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:36 am

Using all of the senses is good, also one really strong descriptive verb is more effective than piling on a bunch of adjectives.
Noxyoursox
Participator

Return to General Vore Discussion