Serious Question, Do you find vore arousing?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Serious Question, Do you find vore arousing?

Postby ClarAya » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Like when you see vore, what is your reaction to it?
ClarAya
Participator

Re: Serious Question, Do you find vore arousing?

Postby eatmeplease » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:14 pm

Yes, it's very arousing to me. I fap to it all the time.
eatmeplease
---

Postby Marauder » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Depends on setting, very picky. But yes, it's a logical extension of some other fetishes involving dominance and submission between two parties of explicit genders and so on. So yes.
Marauder
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:28 pm

I don't like all vore, but even the stuff I do find that I like, no it's not arousing. I simply find it interesting and usually my love of vore is of the softer, fluffier side so it's like looking at something cute, like a baby kitten.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby EmissaryOfRainbows » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:51 pm

Well yes, it's why I'm here.
EmissaryOfRainbows
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thatonepred » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:58 pm

Depends. Like Coop and Marauder, I'm a picky bugger, but it can be arousing. Sometimes more than the vanilla peg-and-hole, though the stuff I like is usually just as much of a turn on.
Everyone dies. Few live forever. Neither apply to Me.

Consumam ergo sum
Thatonepred
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kikky » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:53 pm

Vore is a fetish, so yes...
Kikky
New to the forum

Postby CMPunkBITW434 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:56 pm

No, not really. I find it interesting, but I get aroused more by the stuff that goes hand in hand with vore, not the actual vore itself. :)
CMPunkBITW434
Somewhat familiar

Postby Fallenfox » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:10 pm

Yes, I'm a vorarephile and vore is very arousing to me.
Fallenfox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby rugli » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:43 pm

eatmeplease wrote:Yes, it's very arousing to me. I fap to it all the time.

This
rugli
Participator

Postby knifesmile » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:46 pm

We just had a thread very similar to this recently, but I guess this is a bit different, isn't it? I find this kind of question hard to answer because my sexuality in general is so screwed up. Occasionally I get horny, rarely, and when I'm in a state where I can get horny at all, then yeah, hard vore and gore and such is erotic to me. The sheer intensity of the stimulation I get from looking at it though is really the draw and that works whether the erotic aspect of me is active at the moment or not. Most of the time I'm not horny, can't get horny, and feel nothing special whatsoever from my private parts. But I still love the hell out of vore. I have OCD stuff going on that changes it for me, too. Here, let me go find my post from the other thread along these lines recently, I was less tired then and typed more...

From 'is vore erotically pleasing to you?'

"
I'm not a very sexual person in general, at least not in conventional ways. So I don't feel directly aroused very often by much of anything. I used to deny that there was any sexual aspect to my violent obsessions (which includes vore) at all, for many years. After much self-analysis, though, I have come to the conclusion that there is a sexual element, but it's deeply sublimated and dispersed. Even determined attempts to bring it out in a more direct way and an earnest desire to be more sexual (I have often been VERY jealous of those of you who can orgasm more or less anytime they want by masturbating - I know it isn't always that great, but it's more than I've got 90% of the time) haven't done much to change that. I've come to the conclusion that that's because a large part of my lack of sexuality is purely physiological. Hope this isn't 'over sharing' but it seems appropriate due to the nature of the thread. Anyway, due to health problems, starting at the age of 15, I had only one functioning gonad, and by 20 the other was gone, too. I took supplemental hormones for a while, but insurance and prescriber problems messed that up for me fairly quickly. I don't think that lasted more than two years.

I'm 31 now. So for half of my life I've had minimal to no sex hormones in my body. It doesn't take a biologist to see how that might screw up any sense of sexuality I may otherwise have had and leave me with very little. It does happen... sometimes. Rarely. Usually when I accidentally take an extra dose of my pain meds at night before going to sleep - I tend to wake up a little stoned and horny when that happens. That's also when I tend to have actual erotic dreams, which is extremely rare otherwise.

So what I experience most of the time is not horniness (which I have experienced often enough to tell the difference) but a more esoteric kind of need for stimulation or intensity. I feel it in my brain and what I can only describe as my identity or psyche, and when it gets bad it's a tension that winds up my whole body, rather than any localized sensations in or drives relating to my genitals.

Rarely, sometimes, a more direct connection gets formed, and you'll see that in my stories where I start to make overt sexual references with my preds, them adjusting their jeans and such. At those times I do find vore, gore, and such directly arousing. But it's pretty rare and even then I don't masturbate to it (because masturbating very rarely does anything for me - it just usually doesn't feel all that good no matter what I do so I often don't bother.)

Far more often, though, I feel a gradually increasing tension, restlessness, and agitation until I do something about it. If I'm lucky, that general 'need' is all I feel, although even that alone can get pretty bad. There's also the OCD side of it, too, which can happen at the same time as the more mute-need part of it, but doesn't always. The OCD part involves involuntary violent images, ideas, urges, and impulses that pop up in my mind whether I want them to or not. The content between the stuff I purposely imagine and the stuff that comes up on its own isn't all that different, but the fact that it's not under my control makes it very different for me, experientially. Purposely fantasizing calms me down and relieves that tension, but the OCD stuff makes it worse, way worse, when it happens at the same time as that deeper mute need. The OCD stuff can happen on its own and then it's not so hard to just put it to the back of my head. And the tension on its own can be ignored for a while before it gets really bad, and dealt with when I have time for it. But the combination becomes a crazy driving intensity that makes getting rid of it all an urgent necessity.

So I become drawn to whatever will make it stop for a while. Stimulate whatever part of my brain is freaking out, calm it down. Gore by itself helps, vore by itself helps, but the combination, when done well, is very helpful - hence my attraction to hard vore or at least part of it.

So yeah, most of the time, sexuality is really a very minor issue for me, or if it's involved it's very buried and hidden beneath other stuff. In a word, nonsexual vore is calming to me. I like to refer to it as 'gator food' thrown down the hole where my mental demons live to keep them quiet."

Ultimately though I think I have to come down on the 'no' side, because the erotic part is so nebulous for me. I'd still be very interested in vore and violence even if I never, ever felt consciously horny or sexual at all. But it's definitely a qualified and ambiguous 'no'!

To answer the question in the main post, what I feel when I look at the kinds of vore I like is a very intense but generalized kind of stimulation or excitement and gratification. As I described above in talking about the OCD stuff, I experience a sort of rising nonsexual but very stressful tension and agitation that gets worse and worse until I do something about it, such as viewing images of or reading stories about hard vore and gore. Sometimes I have to search around a lot to find material that scratches the itch that given day... I can be very particular at times for reasons I don't know myself! Once I find something good, though, what I feel is a sharp rise in the tension with the stressfulness of it dropping out at the same time for a brief instant - in short, I feel something very intense but no longer unpleasant, not overtly sexual but just pure... relief, I guess. Then the tension drains off and I feel more relaxed and calm, less anxious, less stressed out. With a really good image or story that hits me right in the psychological G-spot, I often make quasi-sexual noises, little growls and grunts of approval, or else I sound like someone at a fireworks show - "Ooh," "Aah," "Nice," "Wow". :p

Of course, most of the time, one story or image isn't enough. The tension and restlessness will start to pick up again almost immediately. So I move on to the next story or image, and the next, and the next, until finally I feel the impulse drained off and my response to the material stops being so intense. Once I feel myself starting to get... not bored of it, exactly, but no longer caught up in that cycle of intensity and relief,

I guess part of why I associate it with sex despite not being horny for it most of the time is because that same cycle of tension and release exists in sex as well. It's the same cycle of tension and release, but happening in a different context, with my stunted and weird sexual aspect mostly uninvolved. Sometimes I think I must be sexually involved unconsciously, but other times, like right now, I wonder if it's not just two similar things tending to overlap due to their similarity, as opposed to there being any -inherent- sexuality to my obsessions. Or maybe it's as simple as I said in the beginning - sometimes there is, sometimes there isn't, plain and simple. I don't know, to be honest. I work hard at learning and understanding myself, but I still have a lot of work to do yet. Still, I hope that was of some use/interest.
knifesmile
Somewhat familiar

Postby DrCaius » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:51 pm

post deleted
Last edited by DrCaius on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrCaius
Somewhat familiar

Postby knifesmile » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:59 pm

DrCaius wrote:Absolutely, that's the only point to it for me. Doesn't mean I'm aroused by all types of vore or all the time.

Sorry, it does concern me though if someone is interested in vore but never sexually. That's very scary to me because without the fetish element it would just be violence.

We can't help what arouses us and what the effect of that looks like, so I hope maybe that anyone here who doesn't think they find it arousing is just misreading that arousal can take many forms (and it doesn't just mean getting physically hard). Sorry to be preachy for a moment on such a liberal forum.

What's the difference between that and playing, say, a GTA game? I'm not trying to attack you, but I'm honestly curious why a nonsexual interest in violence is more disturbing to you than a sexual interest in violence. Especially since the people who actually commit serial murders and other 'violence for its own sake' crimes in real life are generally the ones who are sexually aroused by it and not the reverse... Again, I hope this does not come across as an attack, as I sincerely do not mean it that way. But I'm very curious.

FWIW, there is such a thing as nonsexual arousal and while I can't speak for others, I can say that I'm pretty clear on the difference in myself. There is definitely a gray or blurred area between sexual and nonsexual arousal, but there is also just as definitely two different things that overlap. It is certainly possible to be confused about such things, though. In my 20s I was much less clear on that point for myself. By now though I've mostly been able to distinguish the difference. It's the difference between the kind of intense stimulation you'd get from sex and the kind you'd get from, say, skydiving. Skydiving is very intensely stimulating and neurologically arousing, but it's not sexual arousal (at least it wouldn't be for me - I'm sure there's someone out there who'd get their rocks off on that!)
knifesmile
Somewhat familiar

Postby BelleJar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:21 pm

Ehhh sometimes. Really only when I'm in a dominance mood. And then the pred/prey dynamic has to be a certain way which also depends on my mood and what's been going on in my life
boop
BelleJar
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:25 pm

DrCaius wrote:Absolutely, that's the only point to it for me. Doesn't mean I'm aroused by all types of vore or all the time.

Sorry, it does concern me though if someone is interested in vore but never sexually. That's very scary to me because without the fetish element it would just be violence.

We can't help what arouses us and what the effect of that looks like, so I hope maybe that anyone here who doesn't think they find it arousing is just misreading that arousal can take many forms (and it doesn't just mean getting physically hard). Sorry to be preachy for a moment on such a liberal forum.

So.... Don't take this the wrong way, or do if you wish, but what you say here makes me wonder something...

Are you worried I am going to go kill someone because I don't find vore sexual?
coop500
???

Postby DrCaius » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:05 pm

knifesmile and coop500; sorry wasn't looking to push buttons and should have known better. Had a lot of respect for you both (from the shadows) way before I joined up here. Not looking to poke or derail the thread and I broke my own rule of not sounding judgmental. My apologies.

knifesmile: yes there's a psychological and motivational difference if it's sexual. Source: My partner is a leading clinical psychologist who works with sex related behavioral issues (she really scraped the bottom of the barrel when she got me). And that's backed up by others in neuroscience. Sorry I can't remember any resource materials of the top of my head. Feel free to disregard me though, that's totally your right.

coop500: not at all. It's all a spectrum, not black and white. I know you're 100% goodness and hope this hasn't ruined my chances of getting a hug one day. I should have chosen my words better.
DrCaius
Somewhat familiar

Postby knifesmile » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:15 pm

I can't speak for Coop, but I do want to reassure you that I was not offended or upset. :) Just surprised to see that line of thinking and wondering what the underlying reasoning was. I'm always intrigued by different points of view, especially those that contrast with my own, and I find debate thoroughly pleasant and enjoyable, so I'm liable to drop into it without entirely meaning to. :p I tend to forget that for most people a 'debate' is more akin to an 'argument' and potentially stressful/generally not a thing done for fun.

And you're right that there's a difference if it's sexual. My point was more that I don't understand why it NOT being sexual would make it more frightening or unnerving. I'm not a trained psychologist, but I do have some knowledge in this field, particularly where it concerns violent offenders. While most violent offenders are not sexually aroused by their behavior, there is a definite link that can be formed between anger and/or violence and sexuality. And most of the really nightmarish offenders were sexually aroused by their violence. So I personally would be less surprised by a person being disturbed by the connection of violence to sex rather than the reverse.

Essentially my view is that the problem is when a taste for violent fantasies or behavior, whether sexual or not, intersects with any degree of empathy impairment and/or impulse control. That's where you get people who... 'act out', if you'll pardon the euphemism. Being fascinated by violence without being sexually aroused by it is a very common human thing - it's just that most people don't like to admit it and often aren't even consciously aware of it. Heck, my fascination with violence is much stronger than normal and I still didn't notice it in myself until my early 20s or so. There's a lot of social training and natural empathic inhibition that work together to bury that reaction. But that's why people rubberneck at accidents and watch movies like Saw or the like. Hence my surprise at the idea that -not- being aroused by violence is more disturbing than the opposite. It's an unusual perspective. Not necessarily wrong - what disturbs you is no more under your control than what arouses you after all so 'correct' and 'incorrect' don't really apply - but certainly unexpected.
knifesmile
Somewhat familiar

Postby coop500 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:24 pm

DrCaius wrote:knifesmile and coop500; sorry wasn't looking to push buttons and should have known better. Had a lot of respect for you both (from the shadows) way before I joined up here. Not looking to poke or derail the thread and I broke my own rule of not sounding judgmental. My apologies.

knifesmile: yes there's a psychological and motivational difference if it's sexual. Source: My partner is a leading clinical psychologist who works with sex related behavioral issues (she really scraped the bottom of the barrel when she got me). And that's backed up by others in neuroscience. Sorry I can't remember any resource materials of the top of my head. Feel free to disregard me though, that's totally your right.

coop500: not at all. It's all a spectrum, not black and white. I know you're 100% goodness and hope this hasn't ruined my chances of getting a hug one day. I should have chosen my words better.

I did my best not to take it too personal but I did wonder, you had me concerned and a little confused, heh. ^^;

Most people who don't see vore as a fetish are not dangerous, not anymore dangerous then those that see it as a fetish.
coop500
???

Postby hax » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:44 pm

It arouses me more than thoughts and imagery of sex, in the very least.
hax
Somewhat familiar

Postby Predator » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:47 pm

I find it a little bewildering how often this type of question seems to crop up. This is fetish site, after all. We all come here because we have some kind of fixation related to vore, be it purely sexual, partially sexual, or nonsexual fascination. We all get some form of thrill out of it.

For me, vore is a fetish. I require some thought, imagery or sound related to it to get physically aroused. It's very difficult and often impossible for me to get turned on by thoughts of regular sexual activity. I have a nonsexual, or perhaps partially sexual and partially not, interest in vore as well, though; even when I'm not in a particularly sexual mood, I still like to look at and think about it. There's something inherently fascinating and satisfying about it even on a nonsexual level, kind of like when two things fit perfectly into each other (ex.).

But mostly, yeah, it turns me on.
Predator
Participator

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion