Ratio of endo, digestion and reformation.

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Ratio of endo/fatal/reformation fans.

I am a endo fan!
34%
I am a fatal digestion fan!
43%
I am a digestion with reformation fan!
18%
I am a Other fan!
5%

Total votes : 87

Ratio of endo, digestion and reformation.

Postby coop500 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:32 pm

So, I was just curious of the more exact ratio between digestion, non-fatal and reformation people. Because everyone thinks there is too much of the kind they don't like, so I thought I'd see what the truth is.

If you like more then one, just vote which you like the most. This also goes for pred, prey, switch and other!
Last edited by coop500 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Re: Ratio of endo, digestion and reformation.

Postby Humbug » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:38 pm

There was a site-wide poll similar to this a while ago, and the results are pretty heavily on the pro-fatal side.
It may have changed since then, though, especially with the explosion of pony vore, which seems to be much more non-fatal proportionally than vore in general.

http://aryion.com/content/digestion Here's the poll in question. It's not specifically about the three items you list here, but the idea's the same.
Humbug
---

Postby Jayezox » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:13 am

I like all three, but for different reasons. Endo (not sure if I'm a true endo fan though; entering every single organ like the brain isn't too exciting) is my favorite. I like digestion for two reasons; the first is the idea that it could happen or is expected to and the second is if the prey deserved it. As for reforming, it can be interesting if done right, but is actually my least favorite. The prey doesn't get the full experience and neither does the pred to some extent. It also seems a bit... cheesy from a story perspective. I hate being critical of something I like though and the best I've seen it done is when an institution of some sort is responsible for it like how you reform in the nurse's office if you get digested in vore high. At least it can't ruin the mood though.
Jayezox
---

Postby maraudingmarauder » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Basically, people can like what they like, there's no "wrong" way to enjoy noms.

People complaining that there's too much of the kind they don't like or showing up in threads about the kind they don't like to tell everyone they don't like it are silly. :p

Now, looking for more of the stuff you do like is a good thing to do, yesyes.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Orbstuffed » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:11 pm

It's hard to pick between Endo and reformative digestion, since they're both my faves.
Just an orb tum lover. You can call me Orbi if you'd like.
No, my icon isn't a self-portrait, she's just a character I made. Her name's Rosetta, BTW.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:36 pm

maraudingmarauder wrote:Basically, people can like what they like, there's no "wrong" way to enjoy noms.

People complaining that there's too much of the kind they don't like or showing up in threads about the kind they don't like to tell everyone they don't like it are silly. :p

Now, looking for more of the stuff you do like is a good thing to do, yesyes.

I agree with this totally, I'm tired of seeing all sides saying how 'weird' 'lame' 'unrealistic' 'pointless' and who knows how many insults people have thought of the different vore types. We all like vore, so we should all just accept that some of us will like it differently.
coop500
???

Postby Ghrelin » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:08 pm

i lean mostly toward fatal (either via hard vore, or digestion in soft vore). i like the finality of it and find it most satisfying, given that the point of eating things is, well, to digest them. but sometimes i feel like being nice, so i go for things where the prey enjoys what's happening and/or turns up safe and sound (this includes willing fatal and unwilling nonfatal as well as the usual willing nonfatal). reformation can be a good "cheat"; it has the feeling of a natural conclusion with the comfort of nobody actually getting hurt. most endo stuff is too soft for me, though i occasionally prefer scenarios where the prey just gets spit out or something afterward, as opposed to having to deal with digestion and reformation.
Ghrelin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LightDragon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:31 pm

Honestly I can't answer this poll. It lacks at least an "other" button.

I'm mostly excited by indigestion, preys being coughed up, or unresolved situations. i don't know if it counts as endo or non-fatal, but when you say "non-fatal", it usually means the pred wants it non-fatal, so...
But the one thing that is true : there is very much less indigestion works on here than fatal or non-fatal ; I guess it is not really popular. On 4 pages of results for the "indigestion" tag, I think half of it has been drawn by only 1 artist.

And I know other people prefer full tour too.
So yeah, please add a "other" button :p
LightDragon
Participator

Postby fixated1 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:11 pm

I used to have no preference. The fantasy ended after the prey entered the stomach. Lately I've leaned toward digestion for appealing to the dominance aspect of it.

I feel you on the passive slights against other vore types. It bothers me. It even bothers me when people treat their version as the default, going as far too be so vague that you can't be sure what kind of vore they're talking about until halfway through a post. But I think that's me being dramatic so I don't say anything. I think people just kind of see their preference as the default. It's hard not to when you don't talk to other people in real life about this stuff.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jayezox » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:50 am

I'm pretty sure oral vore just ending briefly after the prey enters the stomach is the default. Back when I lurked DeviantArt, I remember a lot of discussion about what happens to the prey. Most answers were either "we don't talk about that part" or "it's up to your imagination". In fact, it's also the most common type in the media. I can't remember or haven't watched every single vore scene on every single form of entertainment, but from what I see, someone gets swallowed alive then it ends after that most of the time. It still happens all the time on here because most vore art is a single image.
Jayezox
---

Postby coop500 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:45 am

Made a Other option so people can quit crying over spilled milk.

Reason why I didn't make a other option is Other can mean so much, that it may mess up the results, then people interested in more then just one will vote other... But whatever.

Votes need to be recast now, for some reason.
coop500
???

Postby maraudingmarauder » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:38 am

fixated1 wrote:It even bothers me when people treat their version as the default, going as far too be so vague that you can't be sure what kind of vore they're talking about until halfway through a post.

I'll be honest, that's what gets me about it, 'cause it's the thing that leads to people not bothering to check prefs and just trundling ahead with an RP regardless, then getting into an argument when they, without even thinking about it, do something that makes their partner uncomfortable or disappointed. A couple of folks I know have ended up being put off vore entirely 'cause of people blindsiding them with digestion or whatever when their profiles clearly said no.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Indighost » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:10 pm

I have to agree with you guys, clearly stating ones vore prefs on the character sheet, and very carefully verifying your partners compatibility on strong preferences, is very important. Neither one alone is enough because theres always the chance for an honest mistake. The disappointment of a sudden death or being suddenly robbed of a square meal is too much to be lazy about.
Indighost
---

Postby Vidofinir » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:39 pm

I like all of the above, but I lean mostly toward fatal, albeit lighthearted digestion. I like vore most when nobody's really dwelling on the consequences of being eaten too much, weeping and tearful over dying, because that's just... uncomfortable, but I enjoy digestion too much to leave it out, most of the time.

Endo can be fun for me in some circumstances or rare moods, and reforming can be great depending on the specific scene, so I guess I'd vote... other? (Or all of the above, but adding 2+/all options to the poll would just be confusing and hard to read the results of, so don't do that >w>)
Vidofinir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:32 pm

Vidofinir wrote:I like all of the above, but I lean mostly toward fatal, albeit lighthearted digestion. I like vore most when nobody's really dwelling on the consequences of being eaten too much, weeping and tearful over dying, because that's just... uncomfortable, but I enjoy digestion too much to leave it out, most of the time.

Endo can be fun for me in some circumstances or rare moods, and reforming can be great depending on the specific scene, so I guess I'd vote... other? (Or all of the above, but adding 2+/all options to the poll would just be confusing and hard to read the results of, so don't do that >w>)

That's part of the reason why I didn't put a Other option, but... The public....
coop500
???

Postby fixated1 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Vore breaks down into so many categories it's impossible to cover everyone in a poll. We're ridiculous.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby coop500 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:29 pm

fixated1 wrote:Vore breaks down into so many categories it's impossible to cover everyone in a poll. We're ridiculous.

All I really was asking is what the ratio was between digestion and endo and reformation..... That's all.
coop500
???

Postby CMPunkBITW434 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:11 pm

Personally, I think the three choices were enough, but whatever.

In answer to the question, I like all three, but, if I had to choose which I like the most, it'd definitely be non-fatal. It caters to both my liking of protective, safe vore, and the more dark side, with control and domination, and keeping the prey trapped against their will. Fatal has it's own appeal, but, if it's too graphic, or the pred too cruel and glorified, I can't really enjoy it. Don't see much reformation done, which is a shame because I think it's a nice compromise and I like the concept. :P
CMPunkBITW434
Somewhat familiar

Postby maraudingmarauder » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:23 am

CMPunkBITW434 wrote:It caters to both my liking of protective, safe vore, and the more dark side, with control and domination, and keeping the prey trapped against their will.

That's something a lot of people forget about nonfatal stuff, just 'cause the prey's not being killed doesn't mean the predator isn't in charge.
If anything, trapping them in a situation where they could just digest the prey at any time if they decided to do so makes them even more in charge than just killing 'em. xD
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Jayezox » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:46 am

maraudingmarauder wrote:
CMPunkBITW434 wrote:It caters to both my liking of protective, safe vore, and the more dark side, with control and domination, and keeping the prey trapped against their will.

That's something a lot of people forget about nonfatal stuff, just 'cause the prey's not being killed doesn't mean the predator isn't in charge.
If anything, trapping them in a situation where they could just digest the prey at any time if they decided to do so makes them even more in charge than just killing 'em. xD

Not to mention the prey can't experience much if it's dead. The pred also can't eat the prey again after it's digested (unless there is reforming) and gets to feel the wiggling prey longer.

One more thing, I hope that my comments didn't influence the 'other' option mistakenly. I thought all those scenarios were vague enough to cover everything and those that like all three should vote for their favorite.
Jayezox
---

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion