Underage forum now requires group membership

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.

Moderator: Pegadygor

Underage forum now requires group membership

Postby Eka » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:03 am

To access the underage forum, you will now require usergroup membership.

To obtains membership, follow these steps:

1) Go to your User Control Panel (UCP).

2) Click on usergroups tab.

3) Select the "Underage forum access" group.

4) Pick "Join selected" at the bottom right and click submit.

Thanks.
Eka
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Underage forum now requires group membership

Postby blergle » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 am

Excellent solution! That should do a lot to reduce the number of accidental sightings that offend people. Thank you, Eka.
blergle
---

Postby SputnikDX » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Awesome idea, though you might want to put this message somewhere on the front page. I was worried for about 5 minutes until I found this.
SputnikDX
Participator

Postby Cruich » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:17 am

I would love to see this done to the roleplay forum. Especially the "private" roleplay forum.
Cruich
Participator

Postby soline » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:19 am

nice idea. should definately have been stickied to the front page for awhiles though

Blaaaarrghh!, just discovered I now need to be invited into the japanese forum >.<
soline
---

Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby Eka » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:21 am

soline wrote:nice idea. should definately have been stickied to the front page for awhiles though

This topic is currently in the front page.

Blaaaarrghh!, just discovered I now need to be invited into the japanese forum >.<

That makes no sense whatsoever and seen entirely unrelated. Please don't go around spreading false rumors.
Eka
Administrator

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Baz » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:09 am

On behalf of British people who don't want to take the risk of getting caught, thanks Eka.

If you're not registered to that forum section, then it's much harder for the police, or anyone else, to say you come here just for the 'underage' content. It makes it safer for us to come here now that new law's out
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Blog: View Blog (27)

Postby electricalsnake » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:57 pm

so, since i joined, i've been wondering, whats under aged, is it the drawing of, or people that joined, forgive me if it's a stupid question, i think i know, but i couldn't find it anywhere.
If you want me, come and get me ;)

~R.S.K
electricalsnake
Participator

Postby Nerva » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Underaged viewers are strictly forbidden. You aren't allowed on this site if you're under 18 years of age - that's explained in the site rules, rule #2 to be exact.

The underaged board is strictly for uploading and viewing vore material depicting underaged preds or prey.
The Pred Thread
My Seeking RP Topic
Towards a Theory and Biology of Kaiju - by D.G. Valdron, inspiration for my kaiju characters
Nerva
???

Postby Mirukani » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:40 am

soline wrote:Blaaaarrghh!, just discovered I now need to be invited into the japanese forum >.<

I think you misread. You need to be invited to be a moderator for the Japanese forum.

On topic, I think this is a wonderfully fantastic idea, Eka. It keeps people who are very squicked out by underaged material from accidentally happening across the board via a link from another part of the Portal.
Mirukani
---

Blog: View Blog (38)

Postby Agora » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:44 pm

All good and all, except it's probably going to kill the forum after a few weeks/months since no one's ever going to bother to look it up and we'll barely get any new members ;-;

Here's hoping I'm wrong, though ;P
Underage forum: User Control Panel/usergroups tab/"Underage forum access"/"Join selected", click submit
I write soft/micro/oral stories that end up arooound there:
Agora
Intermediate Vorarephile

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Abraxa » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:16 am

I somewhat agree with Agora. That forum was already so slow to garner new content, not that I can speak since I rarely come here or have time to contribute anymore. Still, glad to see that part of these forums isn't gone from the site (like I first feared when I saw it missing). Still a bit annoyed that so many people in our society have to get so touchy about the subject of fictional children... so much so that we feel like we have to hide this kind of thing in the sand.
アブラックサのサディスティック喚起の庭にようこそ!
http://abraxa.sdcga.com
Now you can follow my sick musings on Twitter!!:
http://www.twitter.com/AbraxaGarden
[img]http://abraxa.sdcga.com/offsite/bnr-piratepot.jpg[/i
Abraxa
Intermediate Vorarephile

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Jacquelope » Wed May 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Eka wrote:To access the underage forum, you will now require usergroup membership.

To obtains membership, follow these steps:

1) Go to your User Control Panel (UCP).

2) Click on usergroups tab.

3) Select the "Underage forum access" group.

4) Pick "Join selected" at the bottom right and click submit.

Thanks.

Frackin' AWESOME!!! Anyone who goes there really, really wanted to go there. You're my heroine. Again. (Because I never want to accidentally click that one day.)
Experiment: Will a grenade kill a giant naga by exploding in its belly?
Test #1: Inconclusive. Grenade exploded in naga''s mouth.
Test #2: Inconclusive. Grenade exploded in naga's throat.
Further tests delayed until another live specimen can be acquired.
Jacquelope
???

Blog: View Blog (131)

Postby raisans » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:55 pm

wouldn't it be better to make it so that you need to obtain membership to get acces to post there? but watching is for everybody? ;p
raisans
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nerva » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Nope. Because not everyone, wants to see that stuff, or even be associated with it. If you want to see and post in it, you join the usergroup, otherwise, you don't have to deal with it.
The Pred Thread
My Seeking RP Topic
Towards a Theory and Biology of Kaiju - by D.G. Valdron, inspiration for my kaiju characters
Nerva
???

Postby deadinside » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:36 am

The only concern I have is the legality of said forum... It kind of sits on that good old murky line between legal and not legal where I live...
I mean do the contents constitute any thing illegal, by means of depicting individuals under the age of 18 (just going of the US law, only because if I break it. The legal system would throw my Pregnant ass in jail...)
Or could this be a good example of "Age Play" as every on Aryion.com has to be 18 years of age or older which is perfectly legal, for the most part.
Hmmm I better not tempt fate.
Oh and Eka thank you for making it o that users have to go threw and extra step to view that particular forum. I have to agree with Baz, it's nice that now the cops can't say thats why I come here. Thanks for looking out for us.
deadinside
New to the forum

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby dragonlover81 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:20 pm

I too am concerned about the legal issue. I am not a member of the underage forum, so I don't know exactly what is allowed there, but you should be aware of 18 USC section 1466a, passed by the US Congress in 2003:

(a) In General.— Any person who, in a circumstance described in subsection (d), knowingly produces, distributes, receives, or possesses with intent to distribute, a visual depiction of any kind, including a drawing, cartoon, sculpture, or painting, that—
(1)
(A) depicts a minor engaging in sexually explicit conduct; and
(B) is obscene; or
(2)
(A) depicts an image that is, or appears to be, of a minor engaging in graphic bestiality, sadistic or masochistic abuse, or sexual intercourse, including genital-genital, oral-genital, anal-genital, or oral-anal, whether between persons of the same or opposite sex; and
(B) lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value;
or attempts or conspires to do so, shall be subject to the penalties provided in section 2252A (b)(1), including the penalties provided for cases involving a prior conviction.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/1466A.html

The US government does not seem to have much interest in enforcing this, but this is section 2252A: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/usc_s ... A000-.html
dragonlover81
Been posting for a bit

Blog: View Blog (12)

Postby NewYorkRod » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:49 pm

I was surprised to see you had an underage section. I also wondered what it meant considering the law. I'm sending you an email regarding this.
NewYorkRod
Been posting for a bit

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby deletedaccount505 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:32 am

Sometimes I worry that the FBI will make an account and link most people on this site as pedophiles, despite, to the best (I hope) of my knowledge they're not.

Related to the person's post above me, yeah, I guess there's the saying, "To each their own," but don't people worry about being acquainted with something that's considerably illegal? In addition, personally, I am against pedophilia on both a lawful and moral level.
"It doesn't matter who you are on the outside, but it does matter who you have digesting inside."

deletedaccount505
???

Blog: View Blog (32)

Postby dragonlover81 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:29 am

Where is this site hosted?
dragonlover81
Been posting for a bit

Blog: View Blog (12)

Next

Return to Technical stuff