Minecraft Vore Mod (Stopped - Close Please)

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Minecraft Vore Mod (Stopped - Close Please)

Postby warioeagle » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:15 pm

After seeing the idea for a vore mod in the suggestions thread, I decided to give it a shot. I've currently got a new mob made (based on an RP character of mine because a friend made the skin) and it's only spawnable through an item. I'm planning to make it shoot fire at pigs until attacked by a player, then will get close (in case attacked by bow) and trap the player. The 'eating' part will likely just be screen effects for now. I'll add pictures of the mob, item, and crafting recipe soon.

Here's some questions for anyone interested in playing the mod:

1. Modloader or normal mod? If Modloader is used, then it'll be easier to keep it from conflicting with other mods used since Modloader makes it possible to make mods without editing the original files.

2. Should the mob be made into a normal spawn? I'm using the item spawn mainly for testing, but it also makes the mob harder to find in case people don't want that as a normal danger in their world.

3. Should I make a hostile version? Hostile mobs only spawn on non-peaceful worlds and in dark places. This would mainly be for hardcore player that want the danger of being eaten while exploring.

4. Most importantly, does anyone want the mob to send you to its stomach instead? The stomach will be another realm, much like the Nether. This will require new blocks and mobs that are only found in that realm. This one will be much harder to accomplish and take a lot more time, but I'm willing to do it if there's a high demand for it.
Last edited by warioeagle on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
warioeagle
???

Re: Minecraft Vore Mod (In Progress)

Postby Kanosint » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:22 pm

1. Modloader/MCForge/Similar. It's just that much easier to manage stuff :3

2.Yes, but maybe only under specific circumstances (think Slimes, or Pigman in regular world...)

3. For this specific mob? :P Nah, Neutral suits her better, albeit she would defenitely try to provoke a bit ;3

4. If it's doable and you consider it worthwhile, it could be interesting to experiment with 'demirealms' like that. Random belly dungeons XD
Little Tiger, burning bright
With a subtle Blakeish light,
Tell what visions have their home
In those eyes of flame and chrome!
Kanosint
Chokkit Shmup Kitty

Postby Vorishartist » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:07 pm

ModLoader also gives you more functions to use. I know that it gives a better crafting api

Yes

Yes

No, because the nether takes a while to load, just immobilize the player and give them nice screen effect stuff
Vorishartist
Artist

Postby dodoman_1er » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:13 pm

I like the stomach world idea, actually that could be a whole other mod, with gurgles as ambience that would be amazing
By Vectron's kindly claw!
vore code thingy: VC_3.0_37911488162433335333889_88883858525688758597979_97921375579959_478419859595995811777060979071119_0
dodoman_1er
Participator

Postby dagar » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Big mine craft enthusiast here! And in case you're wondering, I'd like to answer, and increase on some of what you said.

1: Yes, the easier it is to load without making the original files have to be copied somewhere, the better!

2: Yes! What's a good adventure in a cave with just the chance of being mauled by a zombie, blown up, or shot with arrows? Eaten should definately be on the risk list!

3: Yes! See above!

4: Well now that would be incredible, if doable, although it will provide me with the same problem I have with Lava filled Nether.... I allways tend to die and drop all my stuff in the nearest lava pit.... Oh well! I'd love it XD
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Firon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:28 pm

this would be very interesting to say the least

if you look into plasma craft you'll find they already have an acid fluid.....if you incorparate parts of plasma craft into your mob mod and implement the stomach world then you can actually fill it with acid and actually have the player digested properly
Firon
---

Postby warioeagle » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:40 pm

It seems a lot of people like the stomach world idea. I may just have to start working on that once the mob starts working properly. I likely wouldn't have something as deadly as lava. You'd still die in it, but not nearly as fast. Lava takes 2 hits to fully kill you, I think and it destroys items. I may make something new that kills slower and doesn't destroy items.

I have started making it Modloader compatible. I'm having a problem though as I can't craft my item. I still prefer the item path for testing. I have decided to make it a normal spawn under special conditions. You will get the mob (Mika, my vulpix character) if a wolf dies by fire/lava. Once I'm done testing and remove the item, if people want that gone, then the search for wolves will start for most. I may also make a hostile mob version if I can get someone to make another character skin for me. The mobs I'm making are modeled the same as players, so if anyone can make a player skin, they can skin my mobs, which also means the graphics can be changed if someone wished to do so.

For doing the stomach world, I will need artists that can make graphics for the blocks and acid as well. I'm thinking at least 2 new blocks (similar to slow sand/netherrack in the Nether), the acidy fluid (will need to be animated like water/lava), and I'm not sure on lighting yet. It may just be a half lit world where you can see enough to get around and dodge mobs.

I also need people to test for me. I'll post updates here when I make significant progress. The first update will be when the item works again and I make a few changes to Mika's behavior. She currently walks around like the animals. I plan to make her at least shoot fire at pigs for this update. The vore part will come later.
warioeagle
???

Postby Jacobtheespeon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:14 pm

is there any way I can get a demo of minecraft so I can do this too?
Jacobtheespeon
Participator

Postby deleteduser301 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:19 pm

I would love if their where a few giantess type of castles that act like dungeons, you can enter through the mouth & brave your way out the back end into a big pile of "dirt" or end up as one lol ^^
deleteduser301
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby warioeagle » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:35 pm

There are many ways to get Minecraft free, but I don't think I'm allowed to promote piracy. However, you may be able to play single player from the actual Minecraft. You won't have a skin and can't play on servers, but you may be able to play offline, meaning not connected to Minecraft.net. I could be wrong though.

The giantess castle thing you're talking about is kinda what I plan for the stomach realm. You get 'eaten' and taken to the stomach, then have to fight to find a portal out. Since everything is blocky in Minecraft, you can imagine the portal being something else, depending on preference.

I would also like to note that I have in fact already fixed my mod. I can craft the item again, so I can continue testing properly. The item may or may not be removed in the actual mod, but spawning your mob on demand is a great way to test it out. I'm not looking forward to testing the hostile mob later on though. I don't want any other surprises.
warioeagle
???

Postby MarieTheLatias » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:10 pm

What I wouldn't mind seeing in Minecraft (as far as mods go) is a vore mod for your player character. Something that would give you like an animal or fictional being that you could play as rather than just a human. Using that newly found form, the mod would allow you to eat other mobs and get instant health from it. Heck, if possible, it'd be great to see a version of it for multiplayer. For servers that allow it, it'd be lots of fun to go around eating random people and sending them to a stomach-like mini world.

But so far I do like what you're doing with this.
MarieTheLatias
Been posting for a bit

Postby killermeow » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:58 pm

I like what you're doing here- I myself would love to see a working vore mod for minecraft. It would be neat if general species of preds were added- and possibly an option for custom preds (Sure, might take awhile to do, but people would love it). Definately looking forward to seeing what you can come up with- especially if you can manage a stomach realm!
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby xega888 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:59 pm

1. modloader all the way!
2. as long as its not hostel having st spawn normally would be ok (one to many mods have over kill mobs that just murder you when you want to do something else)
3. refer to answer to #2
4. adding a different detention is what makes the difference between a good mod and a fucking awesome mod besides trying to escape alive would be fun!

cant wait for it to come out :-D
xega888
???

Postby Vore-Marine » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:52 am

warioeagle wrote:It seems a lot of people like the stomach world idea. I may just have to start working on that once the mob starts working properly. I likely wouldn't have something as deadly as lava. You'd still die in it, but not nearly as fast. Lava takes 2 hits to fully kill you, I think and it destroys items. I may make something new that kills slower and doesn't destroy items.

I have started making it Modloader compatible. I'm having a problem though as I can't craft my item. I still prefer the item path for testing. I have decided to make it a normal spawn under special conditions. You will get the mob (Mika, my vulpix character) if a wolf dies by fire/lava. Once I'm done testing and remove the item, if people want that gone, then the search for wolves will start for most. I may also make a hostile mob version if I can get someone to make another character skin for me. The mobs I'm making are modeled the same as players, so if anyone can make a player skin, they can skin my mobs, which also means the graphics can be changed if someone wished to do so.

For doing the stomach world, I will need artists that can make graphics for the blocks and acid as well. I'm thinking at least 2 new blocks (similar to slow sand/netherrack in the Nether), the acidy fluid (will need to be animated like water/lava), and I'm not sure on lighting yet. It may just be a half lit world where you can see enough to get around and dodge mobs.

I also need people to test for me. I'll post updates here when I make significant progress. The first update will be when the item works again and I make a few changes to Mika's behavior. She currently walks around like the animals. I plan to make her at least shoot fire at pigs for this update. The vore part will come later.

I would be more willing to help test and do art on blocks if you still need help
That red dot is not your friend.....
Its mine :D
Vore-Marine
Somewhat familiar

Postby warioeagle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:54 am

Good news, guys and girls. My mod is ready for the first release. Currently, you can create a pokeball, spawn Mika, and watch her kill pigs to give cooked pork. She can possibly hit you as well, so be careful. She hits harder than lava with the same amount of fire damage. Pigs will take a hit from her and a hit from fire. She can drop 0-2 pokeballs. I plan to change that, if it stays, to be a single drop every kill.

I included some pictures for you all to see. Her projectiles are currently eggs/snowballs right now. I plan to change that probably into the Ghast's fireball in appearence only. I won't have her exploding stuff, but I haven't tested if she can set things on fire. I know she can cause fire damage, but I couldn't make her actually spawn fire, so it may not set blocks on fire.

Here's the link to the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?98p5oaf6rx2qq5h. It will remain the same address with every update, so I may not re-link every time.
ModLoader is required! Once ModLoader is installed, create a folder in .minecraft called "mods" (without quotes) and dump the full archive in there. You should have a folder called "Mika" with the files and a second "Mika" folder in that with the images.

Have fun and give feedback. It's not quite vore yet, but it's something to show what I got. This will also be her normal behavior until attacked, which is my next update.
Attachments
2011-08-19_00.25.14.png
Crafting recipe for the pokeball. You use netherrack, redstone, a button, and snow. I didn't make Mika easy to get.
2011-08-19_00.25.14.png (4.97 KiB) Viewed 18702 times
2011-08-19_00.26.19.png
A picture of Mika from the front.
2011-08-19_00.26.19.png (32.56 KiB) Viewed 18702 times
2011-08-19_00.27.07.png
A picture of Mika from the side/back. Also, note the cooked pork. I couldn't get the shot of her attacking.
2011-08-19_00.27.07.png (43.55 KiB) Viewed 18702 times
warioeagle
???

Postby xega888 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:04 am

cool
xega888
???

Postby Vinderex » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:24 am

Great idea! Will she use the same skin template as normal players? I might like to stick my dragon skin on her. :lol:

As for your questions...
1. Don't know, don't care. lol. I haven't played around with mods much yet, and I guess it's a little late to answer anyways since you seem to have already done this part. :P

2. Sure! New wildlife types are always nice to have.

3. Hmm... tough choice. Maybe do both? The possibility of being attacked and eaten would be nice indeed, but it would of course also be nice to still have them around without them being aggressive.

4. My personal preference would be no here, as tightness is a large part of what makes vore enjoyable for me. Being able to wander around and explore inside would kill it for me.
Vinderex
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Laying atop my treasure hoard while consuming evil dragonslayers.

Postby warioeagle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:28 am

Yeah, she uses the same template as a player skin. I actually had her as my skin for a short time, so she was actually made to be a player, but works great as a mob too.
warioeagle
???

Postby deleteduser301 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:41 am

warioeagle wrote:There are many ways to get Minecraft free, but I don't think I'm allowed to promote piracy. However, you may be able to play single player from the actual Minecraft. You won't have a skin and can't play on servers, but you may be able to play offline, meaning not connected to Minecraft.net. I could be wrong though.

The giantess castle thing you're talking about is kinda what I plan for the stomach realm. You get 'eaten' and taken to the stomach, then have to fight to find a portal out. Since everything is blocky in Minecraft, you can imagine the portal being something else, depending on preference.

I would also like to note that I have in fact already fixed my mod. I can craft the item again, so I can continue testing properly. The item may or may not be removed in the actual mod, but spawning your mob on demand is a great way to test it out. I'm not looking forward to testing the hostile mob later on though. I don't want any other surprises.

Very interesting I will be interested in checking out your dungeons if you get them up & running the way you want hehe, I own minecraft so piracy is not an issue.

So for your dungeon, would you make losers teleport to a pile of dirt with a little sign like "stinks to be you" ^_^ lol or would you simply have them start off at the start? Also how does food for health come about if any at all? Maybe some leftovers floating in the stomach? Better stock up lol

Sorry for babbling o.o
deleteduser301
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby warioeagle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:51 am

I'm not quite sure how the stomach realm will be just yet. Still want to make Mika attack after being attacked and do the screen effect death first. After that, I'll work on the stomach realm since it seems to be something a majority of you want to see.
warioeagle
???

Next

Return to Work to be shared!