Minecraft Vore Mod (Stopped - Close Please)

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Re: Minecraft Vore Mod (In Progress)

Postby Kiutogi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Heady9 wrote:Hate to necro, but now that 1.0 is out, do you still plan on finishing this mod?

Not really Necroing, it's only 15 days since the last post. I see that as an acceptable bump to remind people about this, Now if it was over 6 months. that would be a necro....*Flips through the Necronomicon* Yup, that'd be it.
Also, I wonder how this would effect the rest of the game play. The player voring things just seems like a silly Idea to me, That would make food unneeded.
No sig here. Nope. Quit looking. There is nothing here! O.O
Kiutogi
Somewhat familiar

Postby warioeagle » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:14 pm

I thought people forgot about this since I wasn't getting notifications about it anymore. Anyway, sorry about not really working on this. Been a bit busy and started working on something else. I'll start working on this again when I have the time (Xmas and all). I'll make a few adjustments to update to 1.0 and maybe mess with a few things as well.

Froggy has made the skin (minus the face, so let me know when that's fixed, Froggy) and made an item to use as a drop. For now, I'm thinking it'll just be a useless item until I get back into working on this fully. The item was a patch of fur. If anyone has ideas on its use, please share. If you want a different item and new craftables, send me the needed artwork and I'll add it.

Still need a screen for the fading thing. If I don't get one, it'll just be the portal effect recolored.

Next release will just be natural foxes. If they die in fire, Mika will spawn. Mika will ignore you until angered. I'm removing the natural pig hunting instincts as pigs no longer drop cooked pork from fire (from my tests anyway). Mika may be tameable, I'm not sure yet. Foxes will be tameable and breedable (Yay for adding breeding to MC). The foxes will be easier to find than wolves though as I haven't seen a wolf in a long time. Due to the new spawning of passive mobs, breeding is actually required for multiple visits to the stomach realm once it's added. Passive mobs will only spawn once in the world and don't respawn every morning like they used to.
warioeagle
???

Postby Dragonlord » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:23 pm

So we can expect this soon?
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby warioeagle » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:39 pm

Kinda soon. Holidays are a big distraction right now, but I'm trying. At most, you may get the new fox mob (with breeding and taming) and Mika spawns with the trapping death. The stomach realm is still a long way off since I need to generate a completely new realm with new blocks and whatnot, make it save and load properly, etc.

If I can get the time, I'll try to make a release on Christmas, but that's not far off and I don't know how busy I'll be. I'm trying to get it updated and add in some stuff, but it's not easy and does take a lot of time.
warioeagle
???

Postby Firon » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:55 pm

christmas is in 2 days.....don't set yourself a goal that'll be hell to try and reach

if anyone whines then they don't deserve it.....work on it at your own pace and don't force yourself when you don't need to
Firon
---

Postby warioeagle » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:05 pm

I know. Just giving a possible date. Definitely by New Year's I'll have something to let you guys try. An Xmas update would be the foxes and maybe updated version of Mika. New Year's will be foxes, updated Mika, and maybe a few more things added in.

Basically, rushing me will get you something now, but of little worth and even longer for the update you want. Waiting will get you a good update sooner and might get some later suggestions added in as well. Majority will most influence on my decision, so think carefully.
warioeagle
???

Postby Rayo » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:13 pm

I prefer quality more so I'll wait until New Year's or some date around there.
Rayo
---

Postby linko736 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Rayo wrote:I prefer quality more so I'll wait until New Year's or some date around there.

^
linko736
Somewhat familiar

Postby warioeagle » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Just a little update for you guys: lots of problems. It seems things have changed a bit since I last worked on this. I need to redo parts of the previous version just to get it working again. There's no chance of making notable progress by tomorrow. It's all just figuring out what I need to change around to make it work.

Good news: I have a few ideas for the items. Mika will drop either coal or the unattainable fire blocks because she is a Vulpix and it makes sense. The fur item (drawn by Froggy) will tame Mika and be used to be sent to the stomach realm once that's added. Untamed Mika will still send you to the stomach realm if you attack her and she catches you. Currently working on making escape impossible without knocking her back to imitate being trapped in her tails and eaten. Tame and untamed will take the same amount of time.

Foxes (drawn also by Froggy) will be a natural spawn, breedable, and possibly tameable to work as reskinned wolves (possibly weaker, but faster though).
warioeagle
???

Postby Kiutogi » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:27 pm

So then there won't be a way to escape from the stomach realm without death?
Kiutogi
Somewhat familiar

Postby warioeagle » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:53 pm

You can knock Mika away and run for it again. I haven't tested Mika's speed against running since running wasn't added last time I messed with this. Mika won't actively hunt you until you hit her though. Stomach realm is still just an idea now anyway. In fact, Mika currently isn't even set to damage you. It's just trap and screen effect right now.

As for an exit from the stomach realm, I'm thinking there will be a long drop or something to imitate going through completely and it'll drop you into an instant portal (new portals for Ender world place and getting back from it). Still a long way from getting there, but that's my general idea right now. Maybe make a portal at the very top too for those not looking for full tour. Just tossing out ideas I'm having, really.
warioeagle
???

Postby Dragonlord » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:37 am

Interesting idea but maybe make the stomach realm a randomly generated "abandoned mine" or "stronghold" type thing with the exit you discribed and the stomach texture sounds like fun since then you'd occassionally stumble across the possessions of others she's eaten.

As for the new blocks you need why not just slap a lightened version of netherrack with the qualities of bedrock, that be easier right?
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby warioeagle » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:10 pm

That'll probably be what I do if no one offers to make new textures.

Update: The New Year's release date isn't looking promising. I'm having issues with the mod. Testing from Eclipse gives the foxes a biped model instead of the wolf model, though the hit box seems to be the same so it could be an issue only in testing. I can't test in Minecraft itself because the mod won't load. I'm not sure what the problem is, but MC won't load with my mod added (works fine with other mods and Modloader alone).
warioeagle
???

Postby Kiutogi » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Dragonlord wrote:Interesting idea but maybe make the stomach realm a randomly generated "abandoned mine" or "stronghold" type thing with the exit you discribed and the stomach texture sounds like fun since then you'd occassionally stumble across the possessions of others she's eaten.

As for the new blocks you need why not just slap a lightened version of netherrack with the qualities of bedrock, that be easier right?

Thats not a bad Idea, I know that with one of the Painterly Packs. The netherrack looks fleshy. So maybe you could use that for the Stomach's walls. Also like the idea of it being a mineshaft, It being narrow and maze like. (Who would have known a Anthro Vulpix's innards would be so confusing) But it might be a bit hard on the Coding to make work properly.
Kiutogi
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonlord » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:32 pm

So how's it going guys? Haven't heard anything in a bit and starting to worry.
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby warioeagle » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Yeah, been stuck and busy. I'm thinking of just dropping the Modloader compatibility for now. I just can't get it to work. I may add it back in later, but I would like to make some progress and it's just not working as a Modloader mod.
warioeagle
???

Postby linko736 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:37 pm

If it works, then it works. I don't mind as long as it's functional ;3
linko736
Somewhat familiar

Postby Squirelly » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:28 am

What trouble are you having with the modloader compatibility?
Squirelly
Participator

Postby warioeagle » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:50 pm

It just won't load up in Modloader. It will instantly crash and I don't get an error screen, so I don't know what the problem is exactly. Also, new update to MC, so I need to wait for Modloader to update to start working on it again.
warioeagle
???

Postby NekoYuki » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:22 pm

So is this gonna be updated soon, with any new features either o3o?
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

PreviousNext

Return to Work to be shared!