Eka's Portal Writing Group - March - All Submissions In

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Eka's Portal Writing Group - March - All Submissions In

Postby Imrhys » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:55 pm

March is now Closed, all Submissions are In!

The EPWG is a casual monthly topic for authors to post short stories or portions of larger stories and get guaranteed feedback. Everyone is welcome to participate! Authors who submit a story any given month are asked to read and comment on the three stories that are assigned to them that same month, but you don't have to be an author to read and give feedback, and authors don't have to limit their feedback just to the stories assigned to them. You can check out the guidelines for participation here, and you can participate in the discussion surrounding the EPWG here, if you'd like.

Authors of all skill levels and interests are welcome (see the guidelines for details); please just make sure you do your best to proofread your submission, and make sure it in some way is related to vore or endo, given the nature of this site.

- - - - - - -

DEADLINES:
All submissions for March must be posted in this topic by 11:59pm, Saturday, March 7th.
All critiques for March must be posted in this topic by 11:59pm, Monday, March 30th.

- - - - - - -
Last edited by Imrhys on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Imrhys
---

Re: Eka's Portal Writing Group - March - Open

Postby Imrhys » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:56 pm

To enter this month, just read the first post to make sure you know what's going on, and fill out a copy of this template in your own post! :)

Instructions: Quote this post when you post your submission. Everything in bold should stay, and everything not in bold should be deleted or replaced. Attach your submission as an .rtf or .doc or .txt or .pdf, or post a link. If you link off-site, make sure it's publicly accessible (no password-protection) and isn't swarming with ads or is poorly-formatted.

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: Answer with how you prefer to be called in posts. (Example: 4ofSwords)
Your writing library URL(s): (Example: http://aryion.com/g3/showgallery.php?id=102910)
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them? (They're only 1127 words. Consider them good preparation for your reading assignment.)
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree? (This is the heart and soul of the reading group - it's important.)
Have you proofread your own story? (Yes is the only good answer!)

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: Let us know a little something about the story. Make this part compelling to help you get readers! (Example: Spider Woman. She's a science experiment gone wrong. He's from some shadowy government agency. He … err, the other 'He'... is dinner! Lust, intrigue, and plenty of spidery vore and cocooning!)
Word Count: Give an accurate, discrete, positive integer. There is no hard limit to word count, but stories assigned readers aren't responsible for more than the first 2000 words or so, and stories over 5000 words should be considered for breaking into smaller chapters.
Rating and Classification: Let us know what kind of vore and how much. Be sure to let us know if there is sex, gore, scat, digestion, etc., since those tend to be the major touchpoints. (Example: Rated “R” for descriptive nudity, sexiness, and naughty words. Contains F/M spidery (oral/vampiric) vore.)
Type of Critique Preferred: Do you want it harsh or gentle? In-depth, or impressionistic? Are you looking for the reader to pay special attention to technique, or to grammar, or to style? (Example: Harsh/honest critique is preferred. Tell me what you liked or didn't, or what took you out of the reading experience. Specific examples preferred.)
Questions for the Readers: If there's anything in particular you want the reader to think about or answer, here's your chance! (Example: Was her monologuing a bit much?)

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: Tell us what you'd prefer to read or not to read. (Example: I like sentient female preds. I dislike scat, pain, and cockvore. I will read anything from Pokemon fanfic to the scenes that make Larry Flint blush.)
Critiquing Style: What kind of a critic are you? (Example: I'm a pretty harsh critic who is easily hung up by bad spelling and punctuation. I'm handy at suggesting alternative wording/plot points, etc.)

Don't forget to attach your writing!

Summary of previous Chapters If you need a summary of previous chapters OR key back story, Please insert it via this spoiler area.
Spoiler: show
Quote this post to call up the HTML tags that produced this.
Last edited by Imrhys on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Imrhys
---

Postby Bright » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:34 pm

Is there a theme for this month?
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Imrhys » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Bright wrote:Is there a theme for this month?

Time for some low hanging fruit. Love is in the air, though hey, around here, that does not mean romance is the final result, and even when it is... how goes the old saying? "Fastest way to a vore's heart is through their stomach"
Imrhys
---

Postby Sergit » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:22 pm

Oh, man. I am close to finishing an one-shot story that would fit the "romance" theme of this month's edition. However, I didn't really finish one of the three critiques I was supposed to write last time, so I'm not sure I should participate this time. Maybe if I finish the story and the critique, and everyone is okay with it, I could try?
Sergit
Somewhat familiar

Postby User1205952 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:15 am

Last edited by User1205952 on Sat May 26, 2018 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User1205952
Participator

Postby SREDISKRAD » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:59 am

Erm, romance theme? Ah, dangit, I'm no good when it comes to romance. *sigh* I have some stories I'd like to finish for this month, but, they're probably not going to fit the theme.
I'm Back, BICHES!

Intentional spelling of Bitches, Biches.
SREDISKRAD
???

Postby Sergit » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:34 am

Rimentus wrote:Sergit, I think it was the critique for my story you are referring to. You don't need to critique it. I don't mind. That piece was written 7+ months ago anyway.

Yes, it was your story. Sorry for not writing anything earlier. I actually had read it before you submitted it to the group, and I found it rather enjoyable. I gave it another read so that I could write about it later, but I didn't really know what to say that the others hadn't said already.

If you don't mind, I'll participate this month if I can, then, but I still plan on writing the critique that I owe you, sooner or later.
Sergit
Somewhat familiar

Postby Imrhys » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:17 pm

Sergit wrote:
Rimentus wrote:Sergit, I think it was the critique for my story you are referring to. You don't need to critique it. I don't mind. That piece was written 7+ months ago anyway.

Yes, it was your story. Sorry for not writing anything earlier. I actually had read it before you submitted it to the group, and I found it rather enjoyable. I gave it another read so that I could write about it later, but I didn't really know what to say that the others hadn't said already.

If you don't mind, I'll participate this month if I can, then, but I still plan on writing the critique that I owe you, sooner or later.

First, Sergit, I have to finish a pair of critiques I still owe from a "while ago" myself, so don't feel too bad. Just the fact you DO feel bad warms my cold, hate filled heart ^^

Second, I'd love to have a one off in here with a romantic theme for you.

SREDISKRAD wrote:Erm, romance theme? Ah, dangit, I'm no good when it comes to romance. *sigh* I have some stories I'd like to finish for this month, but, they're probably not going to fit the theme.

Just a heads up, that is just the theme to help inspire, not the ONLY THING we will accept for the month. I mean hell, the fatal UB and fatal graphic soul vore assassination piece I'm poking with a stick to drop into here is about as NON romantic as they come, lol. Though I guess I could have the guard that "accidentally" gets the "princess" killed is in a romantic relationship with her, for even MORE drama >_>
Imrhys
---

Postby Komodo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:54 am

Hmm... define "romance".
Does it have to the center attention of the story,
as in just focusing on the people of the relation,
or is it fine that the romance is backstage though
present through-out the story while the vore has
first dibs on focus?
Komodo
Somewhat familiar

Postby SREDISKRAD » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:50 am

Komodo wrote:Hmm... define "romance".
first dibs on focus?

Doesn't have to be included. You can write a non
romantic story if you desire. Romance is just a
suggestion for those seeking a bit more inspiration.
I'm Back, BICHES!

SREDISKRAD
???

Postby Imrhys » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:30 pm

Komodo wrote:Hmm... define "romance".
first dibs on focus?

Either, or. So long as an element of romance was present you'd satisfy the "theme of the month." Themes of the month are not designed as constraints, but as suggestions to help Inspire. So with that in mind, do as you are moved to do/inspired with the suggested theme. For example -

POV char reading through a sexy email from his/hers lover, new gf/bf, and commenting to it here and there through out the story is then devoured and digested as part of the foreground story of being a counter-espionage agent who obviously Failed at his/hers job. Or a more black widow slant of 6k words about the POV going out on a date "tonight" and they have been talking all week about finally having sex "tonight," only to end up a steaming pile "in the morning" after his/hers new gf turns out to be a predator that eats those she mates with. Etc.
Imrhys
---

Postby caramelapple7050 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Probably a bit early for submission - but I have this ready now.
First time I'm trying my hand at this, and I'm excited. :)

ABOUT YOU:
Your name: caramelapple, caramel
Your writing library URL(s): I...don't have one. (grins sheepishly) I'm hoping this is alright for now.
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and do you agree to them?
In particular, have you read the part about providing meaty comments (at least two or three good paragraphs, and try to answer the author's questions, if any) on the three stories you're assigned, and do you agree?
Yes, and yes.
Have you proofread your own story?: Yes.

YOUR POST:
Title/Summary: Tatiana is from the island of Gallevia, where denizens are insufferably proud, and measure themselves in inches. She really couldn't have predicted what would happen when the Lady Kiera had her on contract. Mild sensuality and dominance, and well, it's no secret that Lady Kiera enjoyed her dinner. I tried to keep it short, light and enjoyable, and I hope reading it is as much fun for you as writing it was!
[Note - The Gallevians (together with their collective profession of espionage) in this story are inspired by the Gallivespians in Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy]
Word Count: 1900 words
Rating and Classification: Giantess F/f, soft vore, semi-unwilling. Digestion and some amount of sexiness, but neither are overly graphic.
Type of Critique Preferred: I'd like to know what you thought worked in the story, and what didn't quite hit the mark - you needn't mince words. I want honest, constructive feedback. I'd particularly like to know if you thought the narrative had an ease of flow to it and if any part(s) of it sounded contrived and put-together. I'll confess- this is my first story.
Questions for the Readers: Well, the scenes I enjoyed writing the most were the ones with Lady Kiera and Tatiana toward the second half. What did you think of their dynamic? And if this kind of situation is something you'd ordinarily dig, did you find it hot?

YOUR READING LIST:
Rating and Classification Preferred: I'd prefer soft oral vore. While I'm not averse to scat as when it serves as post-vore disposal, I don't have the stomach for stories heavy on scat/scat-play/anal play. Similar for pain, blood and gore. I'll try my best with any reading assignment, however.
Critiquing Style: I'm committed to critiquing your story like I'd want mine to be critiqued. I'll be honest, but I'll keep it positive and constructive, and try and best tell you how my experience of it, as a reader, unfolded.
caramelapple7050
Been posting for a bit

Postby caramelapple7050 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:31 pm

Whoops, the attachment
Attachments
Caramelapple's story.pdf
(339.96 KiB) Downloaded 671 times
caramelapple7050
Been posting for a bit

Postby Imrhys » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Welcome aboard, Carmelapple and welcome to the Portal too ^^
Imrhys
---

Postby caramelapple7050 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:14 am

Thanks!
I've been lurking here quite a while- probably a bit more than a year- so I'm new here as a participator!
caramelapple7050
Been posting for a bit

Postby Imrhys » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:08 pm

caramelapple7050 wrote:Thanks!
I've been lurking here quite a while- probably a bit more than a year- so I'm new here as a participator!

I did the same for months before I became a registered user. But it was another couple years before my first contribution beyond the RP'ing side of the chat. So, glad to see you have joined the dark side ^^
Imrhys
---

Postby ScrambleandClick » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:40 am

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that I might be running a little late with getting my submission in because of IRL and having to juggle ideas in my head. A few of the ideas include, but aren't limited to (most of which I have a solid idea of how to do it):

1. A curbstomp battle between two of my characters (a Ghost Pokemon hunter and a person who considers themselves the emissary of Ghost types) set in the Pokemon universe. As in, literal fisticuffs. With nonfatal, but unwilling (and possibly unintentional) soul vore. It makes more sense when one sees the two characters involved, buuuut, yeah. I haven't pursued this further since my mind's currently zoned in on the fisticuffs instead of the preceding Pokemon battle (which I'm pretty sure that people would want a summary of).
  2. Some (hopefully) psychological horror piece involving the Chandelure evolution line. Will involve fatal soul vore (and by that, I mean just soul vore). Also involves said Ghost pokemon hunter in the first bullet who was sent to said village to protect the residents from the Chandelures, Lampents, and Litwicks. The horror isn't in the fact that there're ghosts.
  3. More stuff involving Saph being herself... because she can be an absolute womanchild about wanting snacks at times. Putting that aside, it may or may not involve excess cruelty and definitely will involve same size humanoid vore. And implied soul vore.

@_@ If anyone wants to help with me deciding which one to do for the March Round, lemme know! It's kinda hard to progress when there's a buncha things tugging @ me.
ScrambleandClick
Participator

Postby SREDISKRAD » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:12 pm

I don;t think you're the only one, Saph. I'm certainly having difficulties choosing which of my ideas to do between:
1) A story that bases itself around following the moral standpoints of two characters who meet at unfortunate circumstances as both characters eventually move towards meeting each other again. Lots of grey moral ground.

2) The second part to my 'Playing Roles' story I really want to expand.

3) A story where I introduce more of my OC's.

4) Off the cusp 2 hour writing session, then refine the results.

I wish sometimes I had more ideas, and sometimes I could pick between them.
I'm Back, BICHES!

SREDISKRAD
???

Postby Imrhys » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:21 pm

Well considering I'm having issues getting in quality writing time on mine, just remember, nothing says we can't pick this back up for April. Particularly since I'm now reluctant to play with deadlines due to issues in the past where I did too much of that.

But, I do hope the both of you are able to finish wonk on one of your stories, even if not the story you'd really like to have done, because it would be great to have a healthy field for March and then April too, because it looks like you two have plenty of other ideas to fall back upon for a second round later. I know Groblek has muttered about too much inspiration and enough overflow for April after March, lol.

*pokes at own story* I'm just hoping there is enough vore content in mine to not earn the ire of half the Portal for suggesting it IS vorish *sighs*
Imrhys
---

Next

Return to Work to be shared!