How to create 'perma' characters?

Everything related to our vore chat room and vore roleplaying room can go here!

How to create 'perma' characters?

Postby Tigataga » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:17 pm

I've been interested in making a some boys whose fate is permanent, but I've started and deleted about three profiles because it seems strangely difficult, I want to build some boys that would be interesting so as not to be classed as 'generic -blank- in distress', but also simple so that they're not a major loss to me. Has anyone made any 'perma's before with advice or am I just overthinking?
Tigataga
Been posting for a bit

Re: How to create 'perma' characters?

Postby RachelBabe » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:29 pm

Well, the easiest one to do is to just grab some images from google images and throw them up, "Catch of the day" style.

"Today's Permavore victim is... "Name"
*picture*
RachelBabe
Participator

Postby 4ofSwords » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:34 am

I think you're overthinking it. Just make a character, and let them go. If anything, I'd encourage you to make a character you were interested in, so it's a loss to you. Usually the idea of permavore is that it feels more meaningful, so the more interesting the character, the more it means when they are eaten.
4ofSwords
???

Postby XDDX » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:20 am

Perma vore is just death?
XDDX
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MaxTwenty » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:29 am

You want to lose a character, but not lose anything.

Once you solve this contradiction, everything will become easy o3o
MaxTwenty
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Midir » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:44 am

Perma chars are difficult to do since you cannot really delete them~ I think it would be better to make a certain theme and list the perma characters under this theme. This is how I have been doing it myself...
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Suibelly » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:50 pm

I usually make an alphabetically sorted list and move the perma'd into a 'deceased/digested' section, that way you only need a single profile.

To make the characters more interesting I find it works to have a brief physical description, what they do for a living, and some random fact like their hobby or favorite food. Three simple lines can do wonders, never settle for just one. More is even better, but it depends on the scale and frequency at which you wish to perma these characters. That's just how I like to do it, personally.

*I like to do multi-prey permavore, so mine tend to be more simple to allow that. Also gives a change of survivors which can evolve into more developed characters afterwards.
Last edited by Suibelly on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Suibelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby Doku » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:01 pm

XDDX wrote:Perma vore is just death?

Because of the prevalence of 'reforming,' "Perma" is a concept that sort of connects to this group as a community. It generally comes with the assumption of a sort of loose continuity in which Eka's Portal Characters that interact with each other frequently kind of view as existing. The idea of Perma qualifies as "Death," but with the usual added note "Cannot be reformed by others," sometimes with an "Dead in all continuities. Will never be used again" element. In a sense, it's something that generally only exists because of a shared fiction-writing, art and RP community.

MaxTwenty wrote:You want to lose a character, but not lose anything.

Once you solve this contradiction, everything will become easy o3o

*ahem* That depends upon your intentions as a player. I know, for one, that if I am the victim of a Perma scene I get a LOT more out of retiring a character with extensive storyline, rather than a one-shot. I can't do that frequently, for obvious reasons, but not everyone wants to "Not lose anything." Trialgatha, Izoko and Tlaelquani, of various character deaths were all ones with a fair bit of history behind them.

Tigataga wrote:I've been interested in making a some boys whose fate is permanent, but I've started and deleted about three profiles because it seems strangely difficult, I want to build some boys that would be interesting so as not to be classed as 'generic -blank- in distress', but also simple so that they're not a major loss to me. Has anyone made any 'perma's before with advice or am I just overthinking?

Tig -
My suggestion is that, as you don't want to "Lose anything important" in the process of this come up with a basic story for the character. Give a physical description, select an appropriate image, include a few biological statistics and present a 2-3 paragraph history. Something that gives you a clear 'sense' of the character without requiring more than an afternoon's work. That will 'probably' give you what you want.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby maraudingmarauder » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:00 pm

Suibelly wrote:I usually make an alphabetically sorted list and move the perma'd into a 'deceased/digested' section, that way you only need a single profile.

Oh dear god yes.

Making new characters is so damn frustrating when the name you want has been taken by someone who got permanommed like four years ago and never logged into since. If you're gonna be making permadeath characters regularly then PLEASE use a single profile instead of filling the chat with "eaten by x forever" profiles.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Reaverbot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:53 pm

I've always wanted to make perma characters, but I never really find any RP with my characters anyway so eh.

As for my opinion on depth vs simplicity, I think characters without any depth are kinda uninteresting to have permavored. What I would do would be to make a character interesting but have that interesting backstory and personality be a good leadin to them getting gobbled anyway.
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Doku » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:09 pm

*nods* Ultimately, Reaver, it's that fine line of enough to interest both parties without at the same time engendering over-investment by the prey's player that might result in them being unwilling to part with them after.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tigataga » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Thanks for your help guys, gonna take a lot of this into account and I'll get a little something fixed up soon, anyone interested in some perma play, don't be afraid to hit me up~
Tigataga
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dark_Duran » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:38 am

I create a fairly large number of characters intended for Perma, so I can offer a few helpful words of advice, perhaps.

1) It's gonna take a little effort, so in essence, you will 'lose' some of your investment. However, you need to think of it in terms of what you 'gain' for that investment. What you gain is a scene that will (hopefully) be exciting and memorable for a long time to come. I find that people tend to put more effort into scenes if they know they can perma a character at the end of it and people love a well written character. Much as anything else... you get out of it what you put into it.

2) You don't have to kill them quickly! Shop around for an RP partner that you think will give you a create story and a fitting end to your character. It's okay if a character sits around doing nothing for a while. In the mean time, create a character or two that isn't intended for perma and just play with them, hunting for people that have similar interests and that you're comfortable playing with.

3) Know what you want out of your character, then put that much effort into it! I have a friend I play with a lot who does perma. Her 'main' alt is just a list of characters that are little more then a name, a picture, and a line or two of description of their personality. And it works great for her, she has a lot of fun with it, as do others! I, myself, take a longer approach. I tend to spend an hour or three writing my perma character's profiles, I put the same effort and dedication into them that I put into the characters I plan on playing for years.... and I have a lot of fun with it, as do the people I play with. So jump in, get your feet wet, and find out how much effort you are willing to put in for how much return on your investment.
Dark_Duran
New to the forum

Postby Jswrighting » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:59 am

Create a profile which has its character swapped out whenever one dies. That should save many many usernames to come.
-------------
W O O
-------------
Jswrighting
Somewhat familiar

Return to Our chat room