Ryonasaga Discussion

Any other type of vore(s) that does not fit to a single / any subforum above. If you don't know where to upload to, just dump it here and we will try to sort it out for you!

Moderator: Pegadygor

Forum rules
1) Try to upload related material to the correct subform please. They are Soft vore, Hardvore, Unbirth, Analvore, Cockvore, Mawshot, Other/combination, Extra soft and Photo edit.

2) Acceptable files: Drawing, stories, video clips (Flash, Gif or other movie format), roleplaying logs, vore games.

3) Please do not upload material that are specified "Do not Distribute ".

4) Any photo with real life human requires full permission from the subject in question, and posted in Photo edit forum only. All individual must be 18+ only. We do not allow photograph of anyone who are not unquestionably 18+ of age anywhere on this domain. All uploaded files must comply with United States law.

5) Label your material. If it have sexual, scat, gore, or other possibly offensive content, please give warning!

6) Any non-sexual fantasy vore illustration involving questionable age of fantasy character, must be placed in the Underage (Fictional character) forum. To access the underage forum, please follow these instructions. No photograph are allowed, period. Drawing and fantasy character only. Material supporting child abuse is prohibited regardless of media format or other content. Sexual illustrations involving questionable age characters are not allowed anywhere.

Read the rules in detail here

Re:

Postby Sari » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:31 am

ok, now that i've changed all my settings to japanese, i now get this error

2007/11/15 01:18:23.802] - エラー : e=Ea.txtを開けません : GameInitialize()

it changed from being this before

[2007/11/10 06:14:06.265] - エラー : ・ノa.txtを開けません : GameInitialize()
Sari
Been posting for a bit

Postby Erecant » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:03 am

For anyone that is interested I have fiddled with some settings and have managed teach myself how to not only add enemies, but to manipulate existing enemies (I'm pretty sure you guys knew how to do the latter, but wasn't sure of the former) If anyone would care to learn how I think I could post a quick how-to up here.

I'm currently working on translating the scrolling text for "CutinDevour" I'm about halfway as it stands and will probably finish before too long (some of the kanji used in that block of text are truly baffling) But as soon as I get it finished I am going to test out replacing the japanese text with an english version and could post that as well for public use.

If anyone would like to help with some of the translations I'd be glad to give you what I've got thus far, it's really just a couple kanji holding me back as it stands (darn thing's not in the dictionary, gonna have to go by context I fear)

Also! 1st post whoo, I've been lurking way too long, glad to be able to try and contribute finally.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Chaotic » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:12 am

Erecant: Hey great to have more help with the translation process. Then maybe we can get more to people to start working on some new enemies or skills :-D .

Sari: Looks like it can't open that particular .txt file. Try playing the game by simply opening the .rar it is located in and clicking on the .exe inside of it. It should load all of the files located in the .rar.

Sorry for the late response. With finals coming up I'm a little slow on the posts :( .
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Sorry

Postby Deathworks » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:59 am

Hi!

It has been quite a long while, hasn't it? RL issues turned even more annoying than I originally expected. Therefore, I haven't done much translation yet. However, today is the first day I have some time to get down to work.

Personally, I think restructuring the information and using HTML seems like a good idea as the links can be used to connect a glossary and relevant issues.

To that extent, I have begun working along that line. But as I said, I haven't done much translation yet.

Because I think a cooperative effort will probably yield the best results as I am not always sure about terms and practical experience can help clarify things, I am uploading a small sample fragment of what the documentation could look like.

This is only a tiny fragment! It is just intended for people interested in getting involved in the translation!

I will continue working on the translation today, but I thought you would like to know that I am back, and what my thoughts on this are.

Deathworks
Last edited by Deathworks on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Wanderer » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:40 am

well once you get the whole adding enemies into the game I would be happy to add anyones sprites (and give them the vore moves) but I'm not much of an artist so anything I put in will have to have been cannibalized from something

Also, someone should figure out how to add moves to the player characters, maybe we can get some turnabout vore going (they get eaten so much I feel a bit sorry for them 8) :gulp:
Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
Wanderer
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:28 pm

Hi!

Well, turning the moves around may turn out to be a bit trickier. It seems that addressing characters is mostly programmed with distinctive references to which side they are, so code would need to be created double.

Currently, for instance, DEVOUR can not be used against enemies (I tried when having control over the enemy characters). It will automatically pick a player character instead, and after that, there is a high chance that a similar move will crash the game.

So, we probably need someone willing to do some tedious code inverting (actually for three more cases: enemy attack enemy; player attack enemy; player attack player).

BTW, the new vaccuum skill, which is exemplified with the PowederEater (but also available for Queen Bee and the Tako in the default settings) is even a bit more complicated - in order to have varying shrinking sizes, it checks what ENEMY type the attacker is, so any new character using that skill should also have its type added to the corresponding section of the skill definition file.

Actually, making the vorish moves more flexible could be one of the goals of our involvement :) :) It shouldn't be too difficult, but it is just tedious.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re:

Postby fonny » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:20 pm

a japanese guy has translated quite a lot of the ryonasaga work.
check out the main thread if you want to see (for people who can read japanese)
fonny
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby Chaotic » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:44 pm

Great to see you back Deathworks. Looks like your translations are coming along nicely. :)

As fonny stated it seems that someone is trying to translate the files into english. If you go to Ryonasaga's upload site and go to the second page there should be a file called RyonasagaDocuments_eng.zip.

Apparently it's a draft and continued translations are under way. I guess you could use it for reference purposes. There's also an english patch for Ryonasaga if anyone feels the need to use it.

I wish I could help with the translations but I use a translator program and logic to understand what goes on in some japanese sites, so the accuracy of anything I translate is questionable. :(

Well atleast when people, hopefully, start creating new content I can help add them to the game. I'm no artist so that's about all I can do.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:22 pm

Hi
Can one for me to be Youtube video upload times where the game will be shown because I can not play, unfortunately. ^ ^

Würd like to see adversaries all times, etc.

Would be very grateful.

Mfg.

ps: "sry für bad eng, google transl.^^"
Ger-Fox
Participator

Re:

Postby TranzAndri » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:49 am

Chaotic wrote:I'm guessing no picture showed up when you started and the black screen is the first thing that popped up. If so I don't think it's a file. I've received that black screen once or twice but that was after the intro picture was on the screen for a bit. I got the black screen because I fiddled with some skills but it told me what file was out of whack. I searched through my Ryonasaga folder and haven't found a Gameinitializer folder nor a Battle_decide_state. In order to play through the .rar just open it and find the .exe file. Once you double click that the game will load. And was the Language for Nonunicode Programs under advanced thingy Japanese?
Never hurts to double check.

This doesn't work for me. I get the picture for a milisecond, then it pops up with the Japanese characters and Battle/decide_state_P.txt . I tried redownloading it and playing it off the rar, but it doesn't work.

Yes, I am reading in Japanese under the Regional Settings.
TranzAndri
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby Chaotic » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:03 am

Hmm I don't know what's goin on with my rapidshare link but you could try heading over to the Rsaga Developers Warehouse which has been posted by Deathworks on page 5 of this thread. From there you can download:

RyonaSaga_2007年11月まとめ_1.zip
RyonaSaga_2007年11月まとめ_2.zip
RyonaSaga_2007年11月まとめ_3.zip
EnglishPatch_200711.zip

The english patch should cover the character and enemy names as well as the skills.

Download all the .rars into one folder and extract each of them. They will each be extracted into their own seperate folder so cut and paste their contents into the folder they were extracted to. Extract, cut, and paste in the order that I posted above. With 1 being first and the English Patch last. Hopefully this remedies your problems.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:25 am

Hi!

Chaotic: First of all, I have to admit that I am impressed. From what and how you posted things here in this thread, I had assumed that you have learned the basics of Japanese and just were insecure because of a lack of experience/practice. You have given a fine example what can be done with determination, something I have been pondering in the past, but have never seen in reality before.

As for the translation, I noted that there was some such file, but at the moment, I rather do my own original translation in order to avoid getting confused.

Therefore, one way you or other people could help would be by comparing the translations and correcting odd formulations. Besides the comparison, trying out the things and checking how they actually work would be what I would want to ask for. Sometimes, an expression can be translated quite correctly in such a way that the reader gets the wrong idea about how the command or such actually works. So, people who actually check that the translation describes how the game works are also essential.

My translation progress was a little bit hampered because I cleaned up my hard drives (that was long overdue). By deleting redundant files and burning DVDs, I freed some 50 or 60 GB... (^_^;;

Currently, I am in the middle of translating the system command explanation file (I know that it is not directly involved in enemy creation, but I think it is quite useful for understanding the skills and some basic concepts). Once I have finished that, I will upload the draft here, so that you can check how it looks and maybe make suggestions/comments about it.

Note the author entry I use in the HTML files. I encourage the handling of this translation as a community project, so translator's notes (TN) are invitations to make suggestions for improvements.

I just hope I won't be dragged into an unnecessary argument elsewhere here on the portal as I have been more than slow enough on this here already. Anyhow, I will give it my best, promised.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Deathworks » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:19 am

Hi!

I am still too slow for my taste (some RL issues are still there, and I am kind of rusty in computer/mathematics translations (^_^;; ).

Anyhow, I have done the first draft for the system commands description file. I have uploaded this version for two reasons:

First, in hope for people to correct mistakes or suggest improvements (at the moment, I have simply translated the document, but given the advantages of HTML, it may be interesting to add more information, details, examples).

Secondly, I think this begins to show the advantages I see in using HTML instead of txt for the documentation.

Since I have just finished work on that draft, I am not sure which file/information I will work on next. Another of the command files would be one option, although some of the definitions file may also be interesting. Well, we will see :) :)

Deathworks
Last edited by Deathworks on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re:

Postby Rainsford » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:42 am

I know this isn't about the game which started this thread, but the other R.O.A. games on that site are pretty neat. However, I'm having an issue with the 3rd one. There seem to be ririm character animations in there, and the readme says something about "demon switching" (bablefish..), but yet I can't figure out how to get that character in game. Perhaps if someone had more command of the language, they could help me out! Thanks!
Rainsford
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby Chaotic » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:23 am

Thanks for the translations Deathworks :-D . I'll look them over when I have the time.
Edit: Whoa I really like the setup. It makes navigation so much easier. :-D

Rainsford: I don't really know which game you mean. To help you identify what's what:

ROA3: A sidescrolling beat-em-up.

Ryonasaga: Rpg that centers around arena combat. Main feature of this thread.

WizEx: Rpg that is similar to Ryonasaga except for the addition of a simple exploration mode.

RyonaRPG: Created with RpgMaker. The game centers around dungeon style traps and gameplay that is similar to the game Secret of Mana.

Edit#2: Oh and I'm sure those who are keeping tabs will have noticed this already but for those who haven't seen it yet a new monster has been placed in the uploader which you can add to the game. It is the awesome "Slime Queen". I wish the creator added their username or something so I could give them credit.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby fonny » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:15 am

You can't use Ririm in ROA yet. The original creator (Mr. 03) is just working on it.

By the way, I'm currently working to arrange ROA in the main thread. (people call me GQ)

http://drop.io/ryonasaga# you can download the arranged version here. it's named ROA03jirou.zip. The two test ones above are the original creator's and you guys can enjoy the latest movements of Rydia and Boss Land Ray.

If any of you guys can draw, it can be quite nice if you could help me by drawing pictures.

I need facial or body pictures of Lenna (Final Fantasy 5. The girl with red hair) and Slime girl (a completely original character from Ryonasaga). 
I currently need event pictures for stories as well. As you can see, stories for Rydia and Riesz are composed with somewhat shitty pictures of me, because I can't draw. Japanese people are also interested in what you guys have in your imagination, so it will be interesting if you guys could draw something.

But there are some limitations to be careful.
1) pictures must be smaller than 640x480
2) it has to be in BMP -256 colors. Yes, no jpegs or full color please.
3) The color at the very top left corner dot becomes the "transparent color". Do not use the transparent color in the main picture. For example, if you draw a picture with black background and use the same black in the eyes of the character in the picture, the black bit will not be shown in the game.

If you draw something, please post it on
http://drop.io/ryonasagainternational

See you for now guys.
It can be really great if we can start making things together soon.
fonny
Been posting for a bit

Not dead yet

Postby Deathworks » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:28 am

Hi!

I am not dead yet, you know :)

Things have been slow, but I have finished the first draft version for the information on all the files in the StartData directory. That directory includes several rosters (I already worked on the enemy roster, if you will recall) as well as two option setting files. Therefore, the comments that are included in the files as well as which entries are where may be essential information you may find useful. This is why I chose to work on them first.

I also began extending the glossary and including the rules for contribution, although the latter probably needs some more work on links and stuff (after all, we have an official uploader of our own and also the link to this thread is not there).

Several of the translations are still a bit rough as some concepts are vague to me. There are also a few terms I have not added to the glossary yet as I am not sure what to say beyond the strikingly obvious.

Anyhow, I believe that this version is getting closer towards providing at least some useful information.

My plan is to continue with working on the commands and then look at the character/enemy definition files (information about them seems to be a bit hidden).

I can't give any precise schedule, but I promise to do my best.

As always, comments, advice, and corrections are welcome.

Deathworks
Last edited by Deathworks on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Update

Postby Deathworks » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:26 am

Hi!

A quick update.

I have translated the variables commands, linked them with the glossary and the system commands as necessary. Since I don't know when I will be able to finish the next command set (these translations take some time, and the more I have, the more linking I have to do (^_^;; ), I am uploading the latest version now.

I am also deleting the older versions to avoid confusion.

Deathworks
Last edited by Deathworks on Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Some thoughts

Postby Deathworks » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:26 am

Hi!

Don't worry, this is not another speedy update - I have also RL issues to take care of :) :) To be precise, the entire day today is taken up by things making it impossible for me to work on the translation.

However, I wanted to comment on where I am standing and also ask people how they are faring.

My own situation is that I have started work on the information about character-related commands (including that ominous chr_target command mentioned in every other line :) :) :) ). It is always difficult to say how long the translation will take as there are many aspects to be taken into consideration (sometimes, a single word can leave you dumbfounded for a while, while at others you find the content so repetitive that you can simply copy and paste with only minor alterations).

Over the course of the translation, some of the mechanics of the game have become clearer to me. Thus, I feel I can actually move on to try to move towards the more ambiguous part of the project:

Commenting on and explaining the content material. Thus far, I have been rather reluctant to turn towards it, since I felt that providing the basic information first would be necessary. However, most, if not all the information I have been translating deals with skills and similar event programming rather than enemy creation. While modifying existing skills and/or creating new skills is a worthy effort (for instance making skills capable of handling more diverse situations), the most prestigeous effort that has been named here was the creation of new enemies or characters.

From a vorish point of view, enemies are currently more interesting as the skills are seemingly choosy about player side and enemy side. So, new player characters with vorish skills might require some additional changes or at least some care as to what skills are to be used. Enemies, on the other hand, are the designated users of the vorish skills in the original setup, so enlarging their palette should be relatively easy.

Thus, once I am done with the character-related commands, I will shift my focus and create an extensively (at least I hope it to be so) commented version of the Queen Bee enemy (I think) within the html files, that is, provide the original text files adding explanations and comments as to what they mean. I also plan to include the images, both in original form and also marked for reference. Although I have to check first whether the Queen Bee files are actually open for such usage.

The hope is, of course, that it can become a template.

So, this is what I am planning to do over the next days, so how are things looking elsewhere?

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Re: Some thoughts

Postby Chaotic » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:41 am

I'm amazed by your progress Deathworks. :D I don't have much to say because I have to head to my last final for the week. I'll comment some more when I get back. :-D

Edit: Alright I'm back.

The Queen Bee file with commentary sounds like an awesome idea and I understand your concern about the file usage.

I have seen the subject on the Ryonasaga boards about modifications and I wonder if your commentary will draw any fire. Hopefully it doesn't because being able to use your commentary as reference would be quite helpful.

Hopefully fonny can come by and provide some info on what can and can't be modified.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Other / Combination