Project ToonVore begins now... (toonvore update thread)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Project ToonVore begins now... (toonvore update thread)

Postby Thunder » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:20 am

For those that have not read it already in other threads, my toonvore game project has been reactivated and be putting alot of time into it till the game is done (and by done i do mean a full game, not a buggy demo lol).

I'm going to use this thread here for any / all updates & info on the game as i work on it.

I don't have TOO much to put down now but this thread will fill up with information over time. I will say what i have planned out atleast.

The old demo which was mostly Mario (err peach) sprites with hidden vore animations that you uncover just by moving mouse around..... that gone. Was fun idea but not enough interaction. Not just the style of the game, but the sprites (or should i say copyrighted sprites lol) are gone too.

Toonvore house will still remain, but will be completely remodled, revamped, re....i think you get the point lol. I'll be making my own original sprites & music. Also, it will no longer be a "move mouse around and find hidden animations" game. I'm going for a full platformer/adventure game.

The game will also include costume-like powerups. Think Mario Bros 3 and Little Nemo: Dream master. Powerups, health, bosses, and ofcourse....vore everywhere i can fit it lol. The story is still being worked on but the goal is still the same... find a way OUT of the ToonVore house (though knowing most of you, you all might try to stay inside longer lol).

All the vorescenes will ofcourse take place on majority of monsters that try to grab you and....well... feed their bellies. You will ofcourse be able to struggle out of their grip (or in some cases their belly) , though there will be a few you just plain want to avoid at all cost.

Since everything needs to be original characters instead of useing already copyrighted sprites... best place for me to start is the main star of the game.

I originally was going to draw up a few characters and have everyone vote on wich one i should use (with possiblity of the others being used as extra characters after game-complete), but after drawing this one... i wanted to keep her lol. Afterwords thats where i added the whole "costume powerups" heh.

Here is the pic btw (a few powerup icons i just quickly sketched too... just for ideas heh).

Kylie was one of my most used (if you hadent guessed) in alot of my artwork so decided to go with this look for the star of the game. The problem i have right now though is that... well... i suck at names lol. Cannot think of a good name for her lol.

Oh and by the way, the costume powerups are not just slap this on her back, or put this cap on, etc.. no she will have completely different look alltogether when she grabs the powerup

I will get this colored for you all later.

Eventually when i get more stages sketched out and planned, I'll start working on the monsters and such to add in. All the sketches / storyboard / etc... gotta get planned out before i start the sprite work heh.

If any suggestions or ideas to add to the game, feel free to post em up.

One last thing, as mentioned in another thread, i'm going to try and keep the cost of the game as low as possible. Like the whole $5 range or so. I dont plan on going past $10 especially on a FIRST GAME project heh. (need something to help pay the bills haha)

Ok thats enough for now. So yes I've read the mountain of letters, emails, pms, and so on about my old toonvore game and have not forgotten, just delayed. But as the title of the thread says.... project ToonVore begins NOW.

-THUNDER

(the pic is posted in my gallery as well. as will all pics i post in here be found in there as well.... or atleast some of them lol).
Thunder
Somewhat familiar

Re: Project ToonVore begins now... (toonvore update thread)

Postby Terris » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:25 am

Sounds really ambitious! I do wish you well. There have been a good number of self made games that have been outstanding, (cave story comes to mine) so I have no doubt it's entirely doable, if a massive undertaking.

Out of curiosity, I take it that this is going to be a side scrolling platformer?
Always looking for RP partners. Player is male and straight.

My Roleplay Logs and Stories ~*~ My Roleplay preferences
Terris
Participator

Postby Thunder » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:38 am

Terris wrote:Sounds really ambitious! I do wish you well. There have been a good number of self made games that have been outstanding, (cave story comes to mine) so I have no doubt it's entirely doable, if a massive undertaking.

Out of curiosity, I take it that this is going to be a side scrolling platformer?

Time consuming, yup. Hand cramps from all the design sketches, you betcha. Never see sunlight again?... eh, i'm more of a night owl lol.

Yeah it is going to be a side scrolling platformer. (mabe 3d someday but for now 2d is good enough :P)
Thunder
Somewhat familiar

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:32 pm

Make sure to post a demo of this version Thunder! :-D
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Harmony2Discord » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:54 pm

The MC looks very sexy! And yes, I would probably spend a little extra time in the mansion. :-D
Harmony2Discord
Commander's pet

Postby 11millionseconds » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Hey man... your character looks pretty nice; you have quite some art talent there. Are you still looking for a name for her or have you decided on one already? Good luck on the project... I might be able to help out a little if you need any content or code, although 3D's more my specialty.
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby night22 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:57 pm

If you can't decide on a name how 'bout having a name enter screen?
Or maybe 2-3 characters with the names you like and they all have different special abilities.

Just some ideas :P
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:13 pm

Shameless bumping begins NOW!
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Digirotic » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:35 pm

wow, this really looks great Thunder. You're quite an artist. :)
legs are made for kicking all the way down, thats why headfirst vore is my choice for fun!
Digirotic
Been posting for a bit

Postby squeekydragon » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:18 am

I've been waiting for this game ever since I heard about it.
squeekydragon
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:34 pm

:( Third time I've checked this topic, and it still won't load the pic of the MC, but other than that it looks like your doing well.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Hongry01 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:59 pm

I thought this was dead, but looking at thunders profile proves that this game is certainly in progress :D

(Blog post from late april about it + was last online 29th June)
Hongry01
Participator

Postby Blabatron » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Hey, is this game still around, or is it gone? I'm kinda curious and want to play it. As long as it doesn't need flash, don't have ANY actual computers...
Blabatron
New to the forum

Postby killermeow » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:17 pm

You necro'd a 7 year old thread... Asking if the game was still around.
*Headdesk*
There isn't a single link, why would you even CONSIDER necroing it? Looks like it was dead in the water before it even began. Next time, at the VERY least, LOOK AT THE DATE AND LOOK FOR A LINK. If there isn't one, you can assume it never went anywhere.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MrLoro » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:19 pm

I'm honestly not surprised anymore; so many people in this world that do things like this... :roll:
MrLoro
New to the forum

Return to Vore game