Warlocks(RPGMaker)Game (V.2)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Warlocks(RPGMaker)Game (V.2)

Postby Dim » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:43 am

The RPG Maker RTP ( http://tkool.jp/products/rpgxp/eng/download.html ) required to play.

Awhile ago, I uploaded a demo for this game on a whim. We let the game out and shortly afterwards we let it sink onto the back burner. With all the great RPG Maker games coming out, Sheela and I decided to work on the game again. So here we have Warlocks V.2 (With some actual content this time!)

Demo V2 and Info file
http://www.mediafire.com/?gzvtz2jnyyj

Big up to all the RPG Maker games out on Eka's right now. All of 'em are impressive top notch works. Thanks for the inspiration.

Spoiler: show
We're already hard at work on V3, we're looking to get most of the CGs at least to sketch state, the character portraits finished and to have the events and map builds reworked and redone. I don't see custom sprites and tilesets until V4 or later. Given the amount of time they take to look good. So most of these map designs aren't final.
The fantasy doors are going to be hidden scenes completely unrelated to the main story that'll be completely CG driven so you'll be viewing a wide variety of drawing styles I hope.

Feed back and comments?
Last edited by Dim on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
Dim
Somewhat familiar

Re: Another RPG Maker Game

Postby Saiai » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:48 am

Very nice work on the whole thing for starters. I can't say much except for there are a few play styles you can use, namely when you run into an enemy, bam, there's the battle screen with options like in most RPG's, or two, you can make it so that battle happens on the map and you throw punches or shots with the enter key, this taking a lotta work as well and monster customization, esp. for vore. But I really love the music and the storybook it starts out with. Keep going, I look forward to playing more.
Saiai
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby kenny316 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:07 am

the rar on the page dont work, says page not found.. >.>
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dim » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:33 am

I've uploaded a mirror, seems it was a pretty wide spread problem. I apologize. Tell me if the mega upload link works correctly.
Dim
Somewhat familiar

Postby kenny316 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:29 am

it works, however is the text all that is in for now then the small land with a save and the egg and nothing more?
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dim » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:32 am

Yeah, it's more or less just the intro. We'll be adding a few of the death scenes sometime today; they won't be connected by gameplay just yet but a preview of how they'll work.
Dim
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kitti » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:35 am

Hmm.. Will there be any male preds whatsoever in the game? :\
And in that moment, I became jealous of an arrowhead.

Commission information here.
Check out my picky Seeking Roleplay topic.
Kitti
???

Postby Silverdude » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:52 am

dude if your gonna try to hype people, I suggest putting in gamplay (rather then just one area with a eatser egg and the intro) without the story to bulid the hype then put in the story when releasing the real thing
Silverdude
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sinistral » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:31 am

As far as the heavy versus light text goes I'm in favor of the extra text. If someone doesn't have the patience to read then it is their loss. This is just my opinion though and you really should make it as you see fit. Impatient know-it-all jerks can make doing these types of projects bad enough without doing something you don't like. Having fun with it will at least make the bad things more tolerable.

With that out of the way I would like to say that I rather enjoy getting the story part first. The situation is what makes it for me, even more than pretty pictures and gameplay.
Sinistral
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dim » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:47 pm

Kitti wrote:Hmm.. Will there be any male preds whatsoever in the game? :\

Si.

Silverdude wrote:dude if your gonna try to hype people, I suggest putting in gamplay (rather then just one area with a eatser egg and the intro) without the story to bulid the hype then put in the story when releasing the real thing

It was never my intention to hype people so much as just get a general idea of what people thought so far. There really was no planning for this project at all. It just came about in a conversation between Sheela and I and before we knew it we had a healthy chunk of CGs and writing. We decided to put it together and came out with this. There will be gameplay of some manner. (I hope to get another extended demo up today which will at least have a few puzzles and a death scene or two.)
Last edited by Dim on Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dim
Somewhat familiar

Postby Iyeru » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:21 pm

The graphics, sounds and cutscenes were good, but that's all I can really give my opinion on. I'll review more when there's more content.
Iyeru
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby peteian » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Dim wrote:Yeah, it's more or less just the intro. We'll be adding a few of the death scenes sometime today; they won't be connected by gameplay just yet but a preview of how they'll work.

I don't get it, so you just walk up to a random object then a death scene appears or you battle something, lose, then the death scene appears? The "they won't be connected by gameplay" kinda confused me there >X<
peteian
---

Postby dokudoku » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:59 pm

peteian wrote:
Dim wrote:Yeah, it's more or less just the intro. We'll be adding a few of the death scenes sometime today; they won't be connected by gameplay just yet but a preview of how they'll work.

I don't get it, so you just walk up to a random object then a death scene appears or you battle something, lose, then the death scene appears? The "they won't be connected by gameplay" kinda confused me there >X<

Perhaps it will be like a visual interactive story. That was actually what I was originally going for when I first started my game (except with a battle system^^). I liked the artwork, and the story looks pretty cool, very interested as to how it unfolds. I suggest you actually go light with the story to create a basic structure for your game, then see how people react to it and go full blown if they are enthusiastic about it. However if you feel passionate about the story then definitely roll with it as you'll be able to put more heart in the game.
dokudoku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby taito » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:47 am

Dim said and I quote "After searching around I found you've really only got four decent ones.
(Pogojo's game, The jap one, One that while good uses rehashed karbo pictures and one that deals in same size vore.)"

Hmmm. I wonder where I fit into that sentence. I'm pretty sure Itoshi Kokoro was pretty well received......or am I the Jap one? I'm confused. Good luck making your game though.
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Postby dokudoku » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:53 am

Hey! neither was I :(
I demand a recount >.>
dokudoku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby peteian » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:47 am

dokudoku wrote:Hey! neither was I :(
I demand a recount >.>

HEY! Dokudoku's right. There are lots of good vore games around. One of them is his >w< Another one is by Rayen and Shadowblaze. xwarriorj also has a good vore game. We gotta keep looking around, you'll never know what you'll find :D
BTW, are the death scenes out yet (And do they involve vore?)
peteian
---

Postby Dim » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:04 am

taito wrote:Dim said and I quote "After searching around I found you've really only got four decent ones.
(Pogojo's game, The jap one, One that while good uses rehashed karbo pictures and one that deals in same size vore.)"

Hmmm. I wonder where I fit into that sentence. I'm pretty sure Itoshi Kokoro was pretty well received......or am I the Jap one? I'm confused. Good luck making your game though.

To make up for the miscount, I'll take you to a gay bar or something.

peteian wrote:HEY! Dokudoku's right. There are lots of good vore games around. One of them is his >w< Another one is by Rayen and Shadowblaze. xwarriorj also has a good vore game. We gotta keep looking around, you'll never know what you'll find :D
BTW, are the death scenes out yet (And do they involve vore?)

I was just going to update the demo, one death at a time; but Sheela (Co-Author and CG artist) wants to do things in bulk. So the next update -will- have a few death scenes and at least one of them will be a vore related death.

I also stand firm with my count of four because well, I'm mean-spirited.
Dim
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rayen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:09 am

I hardly consider my project noteworthy, mainly because it isn't anywhere near finished.

Anyway, this one looks pretty cool. I love the visual novel feel to the scenes, way better than just normal RPG Maker scenes. You have my support on this.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby dokudoku » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Dim wrote:I also stand firm with my count of four because well, I'm mean-spirited.

Won't hold that against you. :)
The way I see it, game popularity shouldn't matter much so long as you enjoy making it. Though it does help to get a couple mentions of appreciation every once in a while. :D
Anyway, if you'd like help with some parts of the game, I'd be glad to assist.
dokudoku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby taito » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Gay bar? Wow. I know someone who won't be getting a demo of my next game.
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Next

Return to Vore game