Hungry World. I'm working on it. (Links fixed!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Hungry World. I'm working on it. (Links fixed!)

Postby SwallowMe » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:25 pm

Using advice given and putting the link to the game up front here.
Link to the game. Download both the game and the graphics rar. After extracting the rar, put that folder in the game folder.

Download the game file here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mdqgmjtunkj
Also download the Graphics.rar here(must have for game to work, do as originally instructed above): http://www.mediafire.com/?unbzybmwnym

If you don't have this on your computer, get this too. Download the RTP for Rpg Maker XP: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

As I said before in my need help thread, I finally decided to start work on my own Rpg Maker XP game. With all the wonderful help I got, I have figured out the basics and a little more.

My game is called "Hungry World: Amanda's Quest".
Brief description: Amanda is a girl who wants to be an adventurer. She starts on her first adventure and right as she steps out the front door, she is shrunk by a fairy who was sent by a witch who doesn't like adventurers.

With how fast my work has been on it, my estimate for the release of the demo, will be not this weekend, but the weekend after that.

What I have complete so far: The tent where Amanda lives and starts her quest. Outside where the tent is, which is where the fairy shrinks her. The path to the first village, complete with baddies to fight. The first village is halfway done.

Right now the eating scenes are just described by text and some sound effects. But, I do have two throat and inside the belly scenes complete, along with a few other ways of getting eaten and or killed.

There will be a lot of ways to get killed, so that is why I will leave it so that you can save whenever you want.

Ways that you can be killed so far: Swallowed and digested, chewed then swallowed, stepped on by a startled house wife, and also being sat on, plus a few other interesting ways.

That's all for now. The release date estimate, incorporates all the college work I have to do. But if more things happen, like how one of my professor's got sick today and canceled class, it might be sooner :D .
Last edited by SwallowMe on Sun May 06, 2012 4:18 am, edited 16 times in total.
SwallowMe
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: I've thrown my hat into the gaming ring...

Postby Dim » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:47 pm

Best of luck to you, let's see a screen shot.

My own game (Along with the majority of other RPG maker games brought to light in the past few weeks.) have all been fantasy. So to see the separate direction you can take it while still using the same base material will be interesting.
Dim
Somewhat familiar

Postby dokudoku » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:28 am

Best of luck to ya *thumbs up*
Remember, you got a big group of game makers to help you with any questions you may have. So don't be shy when it comes to asking for help, advice, and inspiration. :)
dokudoku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SwallowMe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:39 am

Okaaay, to beat back your just plan rudeness, Dim, I will give you a look. I made four screen shots.
Attachments
Amanda's Quest1-1.bmp
Inside Amanda's tent.
Amanda's Quest1-2.bmp
Stepping out.
Amanda's Quest1-3.bmp
Got shrunk.
Amanda's Quest1-4.bmp
Inside a girl's belly. The other contents floats around the stomach.
SwallowMe
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SwallowMe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:44 am

dokudoku wrote:Best of luck to ya *thumbs up*
Remember, you got a big group of game makers to help you with any questions you may have. So don't be shy when it comes to asking for help, advice, and inspiration. :)

Thanks. I'm doing my best, I play check the game after every few events that I add.
SwallowMe
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dim » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:03 am

SwallowMe wrote:Okaaay, to beat back your just plan rudeness, Dim, I will give you a look. I made four screen shots.

I concede. Looks good so far.
Dim
Somewhat familiar

Postby ublover1 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:30 am

Yeah looks good:)
ublover1
???

Postby reallyawesomes » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:07 pm

They look good SwallowMe.

Also, I'm kind of curious to know a bit more about the potential non-vore endings (specifically the being sat on): would you be using a simple cutscene, or perhaps a sort of mini-game where you have to try and avoid being in the shadow of the descending ass?

Either way, I'm still loving it, based on the ideas you've come up with, and screenshots provided. :-D
reallyawesomes
New to the forum

Postby 11millionseconds » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:45 pm

I've thrown my hat into the gaming ring...

Good. We like hats. Yours will be put to good use.

Haha... Sorry couldn't resist.
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SwallowMe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:54 pm

reallyawesomes wrote:They look good SwallowMe.

Also, I'm kind of curious to know a bit more about the potential non-vore endings (specifically the being sat on): would you be using a simple cutscene, or perhaps a sort of mini-game where you have to try and avoid being in the shadow of the descending ass?

Either way, I'm still loving it, based on the ideas you've come up with, and screenshots provided. :-D

Well, scenes in the terms of things like being sat on or stepped on, I just use descriptive writing and sound effects to play out the scene. Sometimes it won't even cut away to an actual picture or graphic and you still are seeing the in game stuff, but other times I just put in a black screen to imply not being able to see or when the in game graphics are to distracting.

To explain this lack of the things you are asking about, the answer is that I am not an artist and I rather not go about attaining permission to use other people's art. I just don't have the time to juggle that, making the game and college work. Besides, I rather have descriptive writing and sound effects than pour drawings and pictures that I made. If I was going to use art done by other people, the type of stuff that I would want would have to be commissioned to get done, and I don't have the extra money to by such art.

As far as mini games are concerned, animated stuff like what you mention is out of the question for the moment. I just started working with this stuff a couple of months ago and I only know the basics. Right now all death scenes happen by choice, like others have done. You choose right, you live another day to fight. You choose wrong, you are dead and gone.

Just keep in mind right now, I am a college student first, a writer second, and a game maker third.
SwallowMe
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SwallowMe » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:01 pm

11millionseconds wrote:

Yeah, I don't know why I said that. The hat is imaginary because I don't have an actual hat to throw. Besides I shouldn't be throwing hats at my laptop, it is so fussy about things that it probably would shut down and not turn on again for hours :roll: .
SwallowMe
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby reallyawesomes » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Well, scenes in the terms of things like being sat on or stepped on, I just use descriptive writing and sound effects to play out the scene. Sometimes it won't even cut away to an actual picture or graphic and you still are seeing the in game stuff, but other times I just put in a black screen to imply not being able to see or when the in game graphics are to distracting.

To explain this lack of the things you are asking about, the answer is that I am not an artist and I rather not go about attaining permission to use other people's art. I just don't have the time to juggle that, making the game and college work. Besides, I rather have descriptive writing and sound effects than pour drawings and pictures that I made. If I was going to use art done by other people, the type of stuff that I would want would have to be commissioned to get done, and I don't have the extra money to by such art.

As far as mini games are concerned, animated stuff like what you mention is out of the question for the moment. I just started working with this stuff a couple of months ago and I only know the basics. Right now all death scenes happen by choice, like others have done. You choose right, you live another day to fight. You choose wrong, you are dead and gone.

Just keep in mind right now, I am a college student first, a writer second, and a game maker third.

Yea that's cool: I just thought I'd ask, as I believe yours is the only RPG Maker game that has a scene where the player can be killed by being sat on. I wasn't sure exactly whether you were going to consider making a mini-game, or just a cutscene.

Thanks for answering my query: I'm looking forward to playing your work SwallowMe. ^^;
reallyawesomes
New to the forum

Postby SwallowMe » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:19 am

Update on how the game is progressing:

75% of the demo is done. So far I have completed 22 map panels. I also have two that are half done. After that I have at least 4 more planned before I release the demo. Another thing I have completed is the icon art base. I found that the icon base for weapons, armors, and items, was quite bland. So, I recolored most of the icons that will be in the demo. For example, the bronze weapons and armor that the player starts out with will actually look bronze in the item and equip menu, also the iron weapons and armor, that the player will be able to get near the end of the demo, will look like a dark iron. I also have recolors made for: the second level of potions Hp and Sp, the whole line of hats and robes, and a few other things.

Finally, I came up with a good idea that I should have thought up sooner. In the game I plan on having the player get un-shrunk, but only for brief time. What I struggled with was that after being turned back to normal, the player would still be able to talk to the NPC's that had been talked to when they had been shrunk, but the problem I saw was that if a player hadn't talked to a NPC that had one of the get eaten clauses in the conversation, the player could go back and still have that happen when at normal size. Of course that would be weird because the text would imply that the player was still shrunk, but now the player isn't. So a little bit ago I decided to add condition clauses to those special conversations. But then I couldn't think of what that condition might be. Then I was like, "Doh! ^^; " The condition was right in front of me the whole time. I added an extra state to the list of things like poison and sleep. Obviously it will be called shrunk. So as the fairy shrinks Amanda in the beginning, not just the graphic will change, the shrunk state will be added. It won't change the character's stats, it will just be there to trigger the special conversations.

Okay that is about it. Baring any unforeseen calamity, I will have the demo ready for release around this coming Saturday.
SwallowMe
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: I've thrown my hat into the gaming ring...(Update)

Postby Liz » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:27 am

Looks good - i will try the games people make.

You guys put work into it so we can enjoy them. Cheers :)
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby sniper_180 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:34 pm

That is great news swallowme i am looking foward to the game. I hope everything on the demo is going well. And on a side to the comunity this is his first game he's making so let's give swallowme good support.

P.S. if there is some typo's i would like to say i am sorry kinda drunk at the moment
sniper_180
Somewhat familiar

Postby night22 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:49 pm

SwallowMe wrote:
11millionseconds wrote:

Yeah, I don't know why I said that. The hat is imaginary because I don't have an actual hat to throw. Besides I shouldn't be throwing hats at my laptop, it is so fussy about things that it probably would shut down and not turn on again for hours :roll: .

I have a hat, although it's more of a beany. I threw that at a cat once and the cat took my hat, damn rhyming bastards!
I miss my beanie :'(
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Iyeru » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:28 pm

I can't wait for the demo either <3
Iyeru
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby night22 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:48 pm

The graphics are... wow... Can't wait :D
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 11millionseconds » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:15 pm

Yes. Release the demo now or we'll lynch you. (Not really, take your time.) But I agree you picked a pretty nice tile palette for this. How far along are you on it right now? Actually, ignore that question. I just discovered that you just posted an update, like, four days ago.

the whole line of hats and robes, and a few other things.

Oh and you lied. There's totally hats in this. I expect to see one of them in the ring =P
11millionseconds
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SwallowMe » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:48 pm

11millionseconds wrote:Yes. Release the demo now or we'll lynch you. (Not really, take your time.) But I agree you picked a pretty nice tile palette for this. How far along are you on it right now? Actually, ignore that question. I just discovered that you just posted an update, like, four days ago.

the whole line of hats and robes, and a few other things.

Oh and you lied. There's totally hats in this. I expect to see one of them in the ring =P

Oh, you caught me, I guess there are going to be hats in the game :lol:. I'm working on it right now. It might be done by tonight, I'm not entirely sure. Got side tracked this week. Had a quiz in my evil Literary Criticism and Theory class, a midterm in my math class, and a website proposal due yesterday for my Writing in a Digital Age class.

I'm working full steam on the game now, and if it isn't up by tonight, it most certainly will be by tomorrow.
SwallowMe
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game