krishna3ca's vore game help!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: krishna3ca's vore game help!

Postby otterLoikar » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Krieg wrote:
krishna3ca wrote:Hi,

First, try to start the game with the .jar file.

Second, I think the problem is that the game can't find the database (the VData.mdb file, which should be in the same directory).

Thanks for the reply, though, I do have that file! Even when I try the .jar file it doesn't seem to work for me though.

-Update-

I managed to get it working! I simply followed amanda's post but instead of directing it to vgame.jar I directed it to test2.jar

Though, any complications can arise from this?

What's Amanda's post? And direct what to vgame.jar?
otterLoikar
New to the forum

Postby Redpod » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:54 pm

linkto the dowload please :)
The eeveelutions are predators
Redpod
Somewhat familiar

Postby otterLoikar » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:08 pm

Redpod wrote:linkto the dowload please :)

Eka's portal->other features-> vore downloads
otterLoikar
New to the forum

Postby quicks » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:24 pm

Is it possible for anyone to set up a download of a ready to use version for Windows 7? Ive tried moving around files and downloads for days. I suck at computers. Ive read all the forums and cant figure this out.
quicks
Catastrophe's Posterchild

Postby MorreLucy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:43 am

I seem to be having a couple of new troubles not mentioned yet. Ist is this thing with Lycanthropy(the werewolf curse thing). I gave the barbarian shaman the tooth twice now and she hasn't done anything to cure me of it. 2nd I have both chapter 6 and 7 installed but when I try to cross the bridge into the chapter 6 area all I get is this 'this is the end of chapter 5' message. So some help with these issues would really be loved and appreciated. :)
MorreLucy
New to the forum

Postby Terrafox » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:27 pm

So is this apart of a game to something?
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby otterLoikar » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:14 pm

No matter what I do I just get these errors

C:\Users\P\Downloads\Production>java -cp . TestApplication
Erreur : java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source nam
e not found and no default driver specified
Erreur 3 : java.lang.NullPointerException SELECT EventID, TailleX, TailleY, Base
X, BaseY, North, South, East, West FROM Map WHERE MapID=1
Erreur Event loader : :java.lang.NullPointerException
Erreur 2 : java.lang.NullPointerException
Erreur : java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source nam
Erreur 3 : java.lang.NullPointerException SELECT TiltSet.Position, TiltSet.NomIm
age, TiltSet.Blocked, TiltSet.EventID, Map.Nom, Map.MapID FROM Map, TiltSet WHER
E Map.MapID=TiltSet.MapID AND Map.MapID=1 ORDER BY TiltSet.Position
Erreur la : 0 :java.lang.NullPointerException
Erreur 3 : java.lang.NullPointerException SELECT Prop.TailleX, Prop.TailleY, Pro
p.PositionX, Prop.PositionY, Prop.Nom, Prop.MapID, Map.Nom, Map.MapID FROM Map,
Prop WHERE Map.MapID=Prop.MapID AND Map.MapID=1
Erreur prop loader : 0 :java.lang.NullPointerException
otterLoikar
New to the forum

Postby Kastaa » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:27 am

Is there any way to learn the elvish language in the game? I'm at the elvish city but can't understand anyone.
If I remember correctly, there's a woman that mentioned something about learning their language through a quest, but im not quite sure which quest it was.

Anybody care to help me? I've come rather far into the game but this problem stops me from advancing in any way.

I would be very grateful if someone helped me out.

Thanks.
Kastaa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:08 pm

@otterLoikar:
That error means that java can't find the database drivers for the mdb files, which is where all the game data is stored. The cause of this is usually that the particular drivers are 32 bit only, but it's trying to get at them from the 64 bit version of java. The easiest way to fix this is, rather than running from the command line, just double click the .jar file. In my experience it should be able to figure things out.

@Kastaa
There are two ways to learn it - via a timed quest or purchasing the book from a village a bit later in the game. The second option is a bit easier, but you'll have to explore on your own to find the village. However, even if you can't it's actually just french, so you can paste the dialog into a translator to get back some semblance of the english version.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kastaa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:08 am

@Kastaa
There are two ways to learn it - via a timed quest or purchasing the book from a village a bit later in the game. The second option is a bit easier, but you'll have to explore on your own to find the village. However, even if you can't it's actually just french, so you can paste the dialog into a translator to get back some semblance of the english version.[/quote]

Thanks alot for the help, but I'm still not sure.

1. Is it the quest with the Ogress?
2. What village are you talking about? can you give any directions? I have no idea where to go.
3. I did copy/paste the french parts in google translate, but I still got problems because the elves can't understand me either, well most of them can't.

Anyway, thanks alot.

Edit: Nevermind my second question about the village, I found it just shortly after i asked it xD
Kastaa
Somewhat familiar

Postby otterLoikar » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:49 am

Seifens wrote:@otterLoikar:
That error means that java can't find the database drivers for the mdb files, which is where all the game data is stored. The cause of this is usually that the particular drivers are 32 bit only, but it's trying to get at them from the 64 bit version of java. The easiest way to fix this is, rather than running from the command line, just double click the .jar file. In my experience it should be able to figure things out.

I have tried both test2.jar and your vgame.jar and get the same errors. I've tried creating system DSN ODBC data sources, and tried directing them to the jar files in advanced settings
otterLoikar
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:17 pm

otterLoikar wrote:I have tried both test2.jar and your vgame.jar and get the same errors. I've tried creating system DSN ODBC data sources, and tried directing them to the jar files in advanced settings

So, I just tried to run it and got the same message. Which is weird, but then I remembered that in order to try and force Minecraft to use the 64 bit version of java (I had some doubts that it was at one point) I had uninstalled my 32 bit java. It's possible that if you've _only_ ever installed the 64 bit version of java, there won't be any sort of compatibility available for the mdb files used by the game.

tl;dr: Make sure you have the 32 bit version of java installed.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby otterLoikar » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:12 am

Seifens wrote:So, I just tried to run it and got the same message. Which is weird, but then I remembered that in order to try and force Minecraft to use the 64 bit version of java (I had some doubts that it was at one point) I had uninstalled my 32 bit java. It's possible that if you've _only_ ever installed the 64 bit version of java, there won't be any sort of compatibility available for the mdb files used by the game.

tl;dr: Make sure you have the 32 bit version of java installed.

THANK YOU. It finally works on my computer with windows 7, but out of curiosity I tried it on my laptop with windows 8 and couldn't get it to work. It doesn't matter though. Thanks again :3
otterLoikar
New to the forum

Postby ShadowV1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:38 am

Sorry to necro this thread, (I swear I wouldn't have if it hadn't been replied to in 2014) but has anyone ever got this working in windows 8? I've been screwing around with it on my new laptop after my last one died and I haven't had any luck with it...
ShadowV1
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:09 pm

ShadowV1 wrote:Sorry to necro this thread, (I swear I wouldn't have if it hadn't been replied to in 2014) but has anyone ever got this working in windows 8? I've been screwing around with it on my new laptop after my last one died and I haven't had any luck with it...

I don't see why it wouldn't work under windows 8... It's using java, after all. Could you be a little more explicit as to the problems you've encountered?
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ShadowV1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:56 pm

So, attempting to run the game causes the good ol' java.sql.SQLException and java.lang.NullPointerException errors that have been previously mentioned on this thread. I've tried using the bat, jar, and Seifens' VGame Clients; I've uninstalled 64 bit java in case having both was somehow confusing it; I've tried a suggested fix that was on the download thread to put a java.exe shortcut in and even tried downloading the whole thing to the java folder. I'm not super great with this sorta thing and I can't find any other suggestions on what to do really...

Oh, however it could have to do with the fact that the jet engine doesn't come pre-installed on windows 8. I did however get Microsoft Access 2010 which appears to be the only supported version. I can access the files and look at them through it though.

Update: In my fiddling tonight I believe I ruled out a possible permissions issue and here is my actual error log:

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLDriverConnect(Unknown Source)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.initialize(Unknown Source)
at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at BaseDonnee.addRef(BaseDonnee.java:90)
at BaseDonnee.open(BaseDonnee.java:146)
at BaseDonnee.open_data(BaseDonnee.java:169)
at FenetreTest.changeBackGround(FenetreTest.java:147)
at FenetreTest.start(FenetreTest.java:131)

java.lang.NullPointerException
at BaseDonnee.calculRequete(BaseDonnee.java:42)
at Map.<init>(Map.java:249)
at FenetreTest.changeBackGround(FenetreTest.java:149)
at FenetreTest.start(FenetreTest.java:131)
at VGame.main(VGame.java:32)

it repeats the first error twice before showing the second error eleven times.
ShadowV1
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:26 pm

ShadowV1 wrote:So, attempting to run the game causes the good ol' java.sql.SQLException and java.lang.NullPointerException errors that have been previously mentioned on this thread. I've tried using the bat, jar, and Seifens' VGame Clients; I've uninstalled 64 bit java in case having both was somehow confusing it; I've tried a suggested fix that was on the download thread to put a java.exe shortcut in and even tried downloading the whole thing to the java folder. I'm not super great with this sorta thing and I can't find any other suggestions on what to do really...

Well, that's the 'I can't figure out the data base' error. I did manage to repro it on my windows 8 laptop, and installing java from the website fixed it. I didn't need to uninstall anything or move any shortcuts, I just installed java from oracle's site. It wasn't that it didn't find the 32 bit version the first time, it was that the 32 bit version wasn't even installed on my computer. So I'd give that a shot. Go here:

https://www.java.com/en/download/

And follow the instructions to install 32 bit java. Hopefully that works for you!
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby anthony050 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:37 am

Well i hope that i can get some help whit this as I had to reset my pc to factory settings. And now am i unable to open the folders all i get is an error telling me that the maps are empty and that i need to put a file into them before i can extract files from them. I don't know what caused this as it worked before and i have rested my pc twice and the last time did it work fine but it won't work now. I don't know what caused this any help would be appreciated.

Edit i tried to open it whit winzip I got this as a error message "Cannot open file 'VGameMod.zip'. It does not appear to be a valid archive.

If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again.
No more providers to process"

I don't know why it won't work ill try to download it again

Got the info form the "run"
C:\Users\Anthony\Desktop\Vgame\Vgame game files\Production>java -cp . TestApplic
ation
Erreur : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
Erreur 3 : java.lang.NullPointerException SELECT EventID, TailleX, TailleY, Base
X, BaseY, North, South, East, West FROM Map WHERE MapID=1
Erreur Event loader : :java.lang.NullPointerException
Erreur 3 : java.lang.NullPointerException SELECT TiltSet.Position, TiltSet.NomIm
age, TiltSet.Blocked, TiltSet.EventID, Map.Nom, Map.MapID FROM Map, TiltSet WHER
E Map.MapID=TiltSet.MapID AND Map.MapID=1 ORDER BY TiltSet.Position
Erreur la : 0 :java.lang.NullPointerException
Erreur 3 : java.lang.NullPointerException SELECT Prop.TailleX, Prop.TailleY, Pro
p.PositionX, Prop.PositionY, Prop.Nom, Prop.MapID, Map.Nom, Map.MapID FROM Map,
Prop WHERE Map.MapID=Prop.MapID AND Map.MapID=1
Erreur prop loader : 0 :java.lang.NullPointerException

I acctually got the game to start but the screen is just grey and there is no save to load can this br becuse i dont have the jet engine? if it is can someone help me find which one it is.
anthony050
Participator

Postby Seifens » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:07 am

It looks like you're running with 64 bit java. Follow the instructions above to download and install 32 bit java. Also, don't use run.bat, just double-click on the jar. It will force java to start in 64 bit mode if you're running a 64 bit OS.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby anthony050 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:05 am

sorry got it to work on my newer pc don't know why it works on the newer one but just installed it and forgot about the post. Again i forgot the time after i started to play. but ill try and test it

Edit: ran into another problem I have installed all the chapters by extracting them form the zip/win files but when i got to the bride to chapter 5 am I greeted whit a screen that says "felicitations! you reach the end of Chapter 5. thank you for playing." (tried to copy exactly what was written.) The only thing i can do then is to click continue. However when i try to approach it again i get the same message again. I tried to copy and replace everything again but still got the same message. I apologize for asking for help so much.
anthony050
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game