Voremon (old thread)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Should I add in Xbox 360-style achievements?

Yes.
50%
No.
16%
Don't care.
33%

Total votes : 721

Re: Voremon (NEW DEMO!)

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:52 pm

I think all those ideas will work out great, and I'm looking forward to seeing how everything works out in the end.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Nibor » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:54 pm

foxyumbreon wrote:Rather than trying to force RPG Maker to do what I want, I'll be making the game to do what RPG Maker wants.

Just want to say, this is a good idea. No offense, but when you were trying to get RPGMaker to do what you want, it wasn't really working, especially with the previous Dragonair stage styles, where it is painfully apparent. Of course, since Charizard stages are more like a classic RPG, they definitely worked well.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby foxyumbreon » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:15 am

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:I think all those ideas will work out great, and I'm looking forward to seeing how everything works out in the end.

Thanks.

Nibor wrote:
foxyumbreon wrote:Rather than trying to force RPG Maker to do what I want, I'll be making the game to do what RPG Maker wants.

Just want to say, this is a good idea. No offense, but when you were trying to get RPGMaker to do what you want, it wasn't really working, especially with the previous Dragonair stage styles, where it is painfully apparent. Of course, since Charizard stages are more like a classic RPG, they definitely worked well.

Yeah, Dragonair never really worked very well. Neither did Umbreon during the later stages. It was getting to the point where they were requiring way too precise of timing to function properly with grid-based movement and detections. Speaking from later on, as the rest of Stage 9 was never released. To put it simply, that Pidgeotto room everybody under the sun was having trouble with was put in to be a way to force you to get down the timing you'd need to survive the rest of the stage in a way that wouldn't frequently get you killed by taking damage (the idea of not taking damage being a bit more sound back before the Retry feature was so player-friendly).

RPG Maker's a great program, and just because it can manage to do just about anything, that doesn't mean it should be used for those things.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:28 pm

You're welcome and agreed.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby foxyumbreon » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:13 am

Having just about finished the first stage in the remake (I've been super busy with a billion other things) I've been wondering how I should do early releases. Down the road I'll likely start releasing a new demo every time a stage is finished to help showcase progress, but I've been wondering if I should hold off until the first four stages are all complete before releasing the first demo, since they'll basically just be introductory stages like they were before. Any thoughts?
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby twib » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:52 am

I think it should be every four stages. so you don't have to kill yourself trying to upload everything little change/stage addition/stage edit or anything else, but that's just my opinion.
twib
Somewhat familiar

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:31 pm

I think you should wait until you get done with the first four stages before releasing the new demo.

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby foxyumbreon » Thu May 01, 2014 11:16 am

Well, while some people suggested not, others did like the idea of releasing every stage. And since feedback is always nice to help move things along, and help motivate me, I decided to go ahead and make a link to a demo containing the first stage. I'll leave it up to the individuals whether or not they want to download it, or just wait. The link is as follows:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z6549udyo6zm ... n%20V1.exe
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby twib » Thu May 01, 2014 3:40 pm

Like I said on your FA Loved it cant wait to see what else, Love puzzles WAY more than dodging. Its also will make other players talk about how to possibly solve some more of the harder solutions down the road. So all in all cant wait to see what else you got cooking (besides other pokemon that is hehe) But something did get my attention, does this mean Delibird Prepping is out? or is Delibird going to make a comeback like a random chance of appearing on your maps sometimes as a possible run or maybe a riddle solve it your safe fail get stuffed ^^, just my two-cents on that matter.
twib
Somewhat familiar

Postby foxyumbreon » Thu May 01, 2014 11:48 pm

twib wrote:Like I said on your FA Loved it cant wait to see what else, Love puzzles WAY more than dodging. Its also will make other players talk about how to possibly solve some more of the harder solutions down the road. So all in all cant wait to see what else you got cooking (besides other pokemon that is hehe) But something did get my attention, does this mean Delibird Prepping is out? or is Delibird going to make a comeback like a random chance of appearing on your maps sometimes as a possible run or maybe a riddle solve it your safe fail get stuffed ^^, just my two-cents on that matter.

I'm still working on trying to figure out some way to bring Delibird back into the picture. I did consider just simply using the prepped sprites as alternate skins the player can select from at the start of a stage, and maybe let them switch between them in the safe rooms as well. I've still got time to get all that figured out, though.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Delet932b4sk » Fri May 02, 2014 1:00 am

If you haven't already, might want to edit in any new releases or demos into the OP so people don't have to comb through posts.
Delet932b4sk
Participator

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri May 02, 2014 2:51 am

TrainKay wrote:If you haven't already, might want to edit in any new releases or demos into the OP so people don't have to comb through posts.

Thanks for the tip. Being that thorough slipped my mind since I was trying to piece this release together before work. The OP has been updated.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Wed May 07, 2014 12:06 pm

One of the problems I found I started to have with Voremon after a while was trying to rush things, trying to force myself to get things made as fast as possible. Since the game had been pretty much dead for a very long time now though, it's been nice to be focusing more on just enjoying myself in other ways, like playing games and such. Of course, I need to try and make sure I don't get so swept up in those other things (which has been happening lately because of having too much lately I'm trying to get through, including multiple RPGs), I've decided to try and work out some sort of schedule.

Basically, I think I'm going to try for just one stage a month. That way I have a consistent due date to work towards, and I don't push myself into a situation where I likely won't feel super pressured. I figure a month should be manageable now that most of the game's resources are complete (still waiting on some images and animations, though).

If I manage to do this, then Stage 2 will be ready sometime this month, Stage 3 next month, and so on. I know that's a long time to wait for the tutorial stages, but those stages are also the easiest to use for trying to establish a schedule. Of course, if I get a surge of desire to work on the game, some releases might come out sooner than planned, but at they very least I'll do what I can to not be late.

I'm also thinking about starting a new thread for the game, kind of a way to freshen things up. Especially since, with the changes being made, over 90% of the posts on this thread are no longer relevant, and would just be a waste for people to read through for information.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Thu May 08, 2014 11:44 am

A month per stage sounds reasonable to me and starting a new thread for this game is likely a good idea.

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Surge » Thu May 08, 2014 12:53 pm

"Slider puzzles sure are fun!"
- No one, ever.
Surge
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Thu May 08, 2014 11:58 pm

Surge wrote:"Slider puzzles sure are fun!"
- No one, ever.

Actually, I think somebody who posted on FA said that they love them.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Surge » Fri May 09, 2014 12:43 am

foxyumbreon wrote:
Surge wrote:"Slider puzzles sure are fun!"
- No one, ever.

Actually, I think somebody who posted on FA said that they love them.

Some people enjoy lighting themselves on fire.
Surge
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby twib » Fri May 09, 2014 3:21 am

Ok ok so sliders aren't everyone's favorite so sue me (no don't), its just a puzzle game I happen to have grown up with and since just love messing with them. hehe :-D
twib
Somewhat familiar

Postby Delet932b4sk » Fri May 09, 2014 11:18 am

Hehe, doing slider puzzles always gives me bad flashbacks to Resident Evil 4 and Onimusha: Warlords. Mess one thing up or overthink it a little and suddenly it's insanely hard.
Delet932b4sk
Participator

Postby twib » Fri May 09, 2014 3:21 pm

TrainKay wrote:Hehe, doing slider puzzles always gives me bad flashbacks to Resident Evil 4 and Onimusha: Warlords. Mess one thing up or overthink it a little and suddenly it's insanely hard.

Hmm I cant argue with you on that, I have played both those games and your right that's the downside to that type of puzzle for me the trick is while moving pieces around is to try and keep them as close together as possible but yeah easier said than done lol.
twib
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game