Modded VGame client (10/19/2023 - v1.1.3)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Modded VGame client (9/18/15 - v1.1.0)

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:04 pm

I've tried to follow christhereaper's .bat link file to vgame.jar and it loads without any error messages but using vgame 7 I don't get any pictures loaded except for the cursor circle and the main HUD interface.

Edit: Nevermind, reinstalled from chapter 1-7 again and works a charm.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Seifens » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:41 pm

Shadowlyger wrote:Soooo... I can't access any of my old saves?

Unfortunately not. Accessing old saves presents the same problems as accessing the game data, since they were both in mdb databases. The game data I was able to convert myself because I had it on me. Converting saved games would involve making the process easy enough for people to do it locally, and you'd still have to install jportable 7 and run off a bat file and all that stuff, which was everything that was preventing people from just running the old version of the game in the first place. It would have been a support nightmare.

Still though, if there's enough demand maybe I can come up with something.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby anthony050 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:46 am

I don't know why but I get a error message when trying to confront he mayor as well as when i try to talk to the civilian on the beach.

This is the error message (sorry don't know how to post things in spoilers)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at ProcessedScript$ScriptLine.invoke(ProcessedScript.java:40)
at ProcessedScript.execute(ProcessedScript.java:130)
at FenetreTest.executeScript(FenetreTest.java:4458)
at FenetreTest.executeScript(FenetreTest.java:4437)
at FenetreTest.executeScript(FenetreTest.java:4416)
at FenetreDialogue.friendlyClicked(FenetreDialogue.java:211)
at FenetreDialogue.mouseReleased(FenetreDialogue.java:235)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
anthony050
Participator

Postby Tomo » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:49 pm

Nice to see a small update to our client mod, however, it seems that with this update that hiccup's Vgame mode is not working along with your client.
I know, this isn't really much your concern as it's hiccups problem, but if you can solve the issue It would be very nice to see this client work with hiccup's Vgame mod as one cannot go back to the original UI after this mod.

I'll scribble down that I've tried to run hiccup's mod with just chpt 1-5 + Client + VMod, then tried to run with chpt 1-7 + client + mod.
regardless of what I did your client didn't detect hiccups but the standard test2 did and i've tried with 86 java as well as Java 8 & 7.
Tomo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:07 am

anthony050
Bah... Thanks for catching that. :) It's most likely a typo that's always been in the game script - the old script engine flew right past those, though I imagine there were glitches associated with them. I've got a patch I'm testing to fix it, look for a 1.1.1 update sometime soon.

Tomo
Short version: This is known and expected. Hiccup or someone with his permission will need to release a patched vgame.dat for the mod, or you will need to re-export the game data yourself.

Long version: The way this update works is it moves the game data (vdata.mdb) into a new file (vgame.dat) with a simpler format that the game can read directly rather than going through the (no longer supported by java) odbc drivers. Hiccup's mod (and most other mods, if there are any...) work by making edits to vdata.mdb, so this update effectively makes the game ignore any data mods, since it's reading the data I exported in its original format. In order to get a mod to work, you'll have to re-export vgame.dat while running their mod, which is done by renaming or deleting vgame.dat. The next time you run the game it will attempt to re-export the data file using whatever vdata.mdb is currently available.

However, It does this by reading from the database using those same unsupported odbc drivers, so you have to be set up for that. The good news is if you were able to run the game before getting this update, you should be able to do the re-export without much trouble.

EDIT: I looked into this a bit and it doesn't look like Hiccup's mod was updated after chapter 5. You're welcome to try the above steps, but this client only officially supports the latest version, chapter 7. If it does work, more power to you, but you might find that the game kind of... stops after a certain point.
Last edited by Seifens on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Modded VGame client (9/20/15 - v1.1.1)

Postby Seifens » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:28 am

New version - v1.1.1
This version is strictly to fix the issue anthony050 encountered, because it was pretty bad - the script engine was dying when it hit a command it didn't recognize, and due to occasional typos in the game there were a few landmines to hit. I ran the parser against all of the scripts in the game to find the typos, patched the parser to account for the ones that were obvious (AddChocie -> AddChoice, etc), and ignore any incidental ones.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Morsus » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:06 am

Having an issue with the game. When I launch the game there are no images, but text loads fine. I can also move and talk... while blindly running into walls. Did I do something wrong?
Morsus
New to the forum

Postby Tomo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:02 am

Seifens wrote:Tomo
Short version: This is known and expec......

Thanks for the informative post, I doubt I'd want to go that far to make Hiccup's mod work.
I'd like to request Version 1.04 of your client though or at least a version that hasn't removed MDB database dependency, as I can make that one work with hiccups mod without problems.
I'm hoping you have older version avaliable somewhere, that you're willing to upload, if not it's cool.

Edit: Nvm, I checked Vore downloads page and saw the revision tab, found version 1.03 which I can make work with hiccup's mod.
Tomo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:57 am

Tomo wrote:
Seifens wrote:Tomo
Short version: This is known and expec......

Thanks for the informative post, I doubt I'd want to go that far to make Hiccup's mod work.
I'd like to request Version 1.04 of your client though or at least a version that hasn't removed MDB database dependency, as I can make that one work with hiccups mod without problems.
I'm hoping you have older version avaliable somewhere, that you're willing to upload, if not it's cool.

Edit: Nvm, I checked Vore downloads page and saw the revision tab, found version 1.03 which I can make work with hiccup's mod.

Really, if you are able to get 1.03/4 to work, it should be as simple as renaming vgame.dat and running 1.1.1 again through whatever batch file you're using to run 1.03/4. That said, the only real differences between the two versions are the data format and the bit where it saves your options, so if it's easier for you to use the earlier version then be my guest. I'll put 1.04 back up on the main page and make it visible in the vore downloads section, though. You should be using that one over 1.03, as it fixes a pretty major crash bug.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nbe21 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:34 am

i don't know whats wrong this game used to work for me but now no matter what i do it will not run. Java just always lists an ass ton of errors then brings up a blank screen. I even uninstalled it and got a java 7 version cause someone said 8 does not work with it but nope it just will not run the game no matter what.
nbe21
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Giant stacks of errors usually mean you're running 1.03 or 1.04 and don't have your java set up correctly. Particularly if any of the errors that come up say things about 'odbc'. It can be fiddly to do, as it's not just a version thing - you have to make sure you're running in 32 bit mode, and if you have multiple versions of java installed that when you double-click on a jar file it's actually picking the right one to use. However, the latest versions of the client (1.1.1 and newer) don't have that restriction, and should run with any version of java. So first step, make sure you're running the latest version of my client on a valid install of the latest version of the base game.

If that doesn't work you should also get a button in the error popup to copy the error text to your clipboard. If you click that, then come here and paste it into a reply (preferably in a spoiler tag), I can probably tell you what's going wrong.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ehe044 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:45 am

ok so i have had a some problems with this game in the past (in other words getting it to work) and i have just igored it for some time but now im determined to get it to work. unfortinally i have no idea how to do that si was wonering if someone here could help me with that. my problem is everytime i try to start it it just gives me alot of java.error and there is alot of them. i have tried do download the latest version of java but to no good. if anyone knows how to help me please do i have wanted to play this game for some time now and i feel like im missing out on such a cool game. Halp mea plz
Ehe044
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:45 pm

If you check the post immediately above yours, something there might help you. The description of your problems (and your username, oddly enough) sounds very similar to nbe21's. I think I might also need to mention that this is not a game, it's a mod for vgame by krishna3ca. It won't run properly if you haven't installed the original game data. For more on that, though, check the first post in the thread. It has details on how to properly install everything.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ehe044 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:42 pm

actualy i have problems running the game all together not the mod (havent got that far yet)
Ehe044
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:18 pm

Well as I said, the base game doesn't work under newer operating systems/java versions. To get the base game working you have to have an older version of java installed and set up to run in 32 bit mode, which can be a pain. That's one of the things this mod does, is set up a workaround for those problems.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nbe21 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:34 pm

okay so i'm trying to use the old client the 1.04 or whatever and every time i launch it give this error saying Could not find the main class: VGame. program will exit. But the test2 this the game comes with runs fine.
nbe21
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:04 pm

nbe21 wrote:okay so i'm trying to use the old client the 1.04 or whatever and every time i launch it give this error saying Could not find the main class: VGame. program will exit. But the test2 this the game comes with runs fine.

If you're double clicking on vgame.jar, your system is probably not set up to run jar files through the jvm automatically. This is the most likely cause of the error you're seeing. You can try running it from the command line (or a batch file) using 'java -jar vgame.jar' instead. If you're not double clicking the jar file to start it, please provide more detail on exactly what you're doing.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nbe21 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Seifens wrote:
nbe21 wrote:okay so i'm trying to use the old client the 1.04 or whatever and every time i launch it give this error saying Could not find the main class: VGame. program will exit. But the test2 this the game comes with runs fine.

If you're double clicking on vgame.jar, your system is probably not set up to run jar files through the jvm automatically. This is the most likely cause of the error you're seeing. You can try running it from the command line (or a batch file) using 'java -jar vgame.jar' instead. If you're not double clicking the jar file to start it, please provide more detail on exactly what you're doing.

I am double clicking but its only the one for your game client that does not work the normal test2 file that comes with the game works fine.
nbe21
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:03 pm

I have no idea why double clicking would work for one jar file but not the other, barring your copy of vgame.jar being corrupted somehow. Some questions:
What happens when you run from the command line/a batch file as I suggested above?
What version of java and what OS are you using?
Why are you using 1.04 instead of the latest version?
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nbe21 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:48 pm

cause i want to use mods and your latest version wont use them. anyway i found and old install of the game with the old version of your client on my other hard drive that works just fine.
nbe21
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game