FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby tritrium » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:35 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:Seems I got started quite a bit with the project again, and added or ported a few more features today! Most notably player model hiding: Prey finally disappears from view instead of looking like it's piggyback-riding the pred, whereas neighboring prey will show as expected. Also coded awareness for projectiles: Grenades or rockets shot by prey in a belly will only cause a small local blast inside, which (currently) does a fixed amount of damage affecting just the predator and their prey (no blast radius outside)... sadly bullet weapons are harder to tackle and find a good use for, so you can still shoot hitscan based guns through your pred's belly without any logical obstructions. Still a lot to do, and many bugs which I doubt I can fix with the current (often limited) mutator hooks... it will get there however :)
I might post compilation instructions later. The obvious first step till then will be to get normal Xonotic working via the GIT repository, which is available at: https://gitlab.com/groups/xonotic

I took a look at it and from what i looked up about it, it seems i gotta download all the files with an "X" and then compile them again
But im not familiar with quakeC at all so ill just wait till you're able to write down some instructions xD
tritrium
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:54 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:Talking about VT today inspired me to look a bit into the port; I fixed a few bugs introduced by recent Xonotic code refractoring. While at it, I also adapted and included the new fox player model (male and female versions). I also integrated the little bit of code that handled player model belly states, using a slightly hacky yet working implementation... big bellies on player models are now working! Some bulgy vixens for everyone to enjoy:

[ http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/7vkr73z3sjz00a9mczht.jpg ]
[ http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/ky7flcw4u6p7gne8p10y.jpg ]

So wait is there a way to play as these new models yet?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:55 am

tritrium wrote:I took a look at it and from what i looked up about it, it seems i gotta download all the files with an "X" and then compile them again
But im not familiar with quakeC at all so ill just wait till you're able to write down some instructions xD

Xonotic has its own scripts and compilation instructions. You mostly need to compile two things: The engine (Darkplaces) which is compiled like most C++ programs, and the QC gamecode using the gmqcc compiler (included with Xon and also compiled as C++). The engine you can download from the nightly build repository if it's still there, will probably look it up... technically the same is true for the game code, but you need to be able to compile your own so you can generate the version that includes VT's mechanics. I don't know by memory how I set everything up, but if you get stuck let me know exactly where and I'll try to guide.

0Anesthetic4u wrote:So wait is there a way to play as these new models yet?

Totally: Just select them in the player settings menu and use them as a player model. They will be the only default pred character once I add the player model filter, as the others don't have bulgy versions anyway.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Today brings us a nice and probably long awaited feature: The gulled model and stomach model are back! Players can once again see themselves being swallowed, then watch themselves inside the belly of their pred. Unlike the original VT, the mouth / stomach model is fully client-sided as it should be, and uses a single entity which only spawns when necessary.

MirceaKitsune
???

Postby AMCJavelin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:44 pm

Those look way better then the old one, I can hardly wait until the new VT is ready
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby tritrium » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:45 pm

That looks really great man, cant wait to be able to try it out xD
tritrium
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:59 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
tritrium wrote:I took a look at it and from what i looked up about it, it seems i gotta download all the files with an "X" and then compile them again

Xonotic has its own scripts and compilation instructions. You mostly need to compile two things: The engine (Darkplaces) which is compiled like most C++ programs, and the QC gamecode using the gmqcc compiler (included with Xon and also compiled as C++). The engine you can download from the nightly build repository if it's still there, will probably look it up... technically the same is true for the game code, but you need to be able to compile your own so you can generate the version that includes VT's mechanics. I don't know by memory how I set everything up, but if you get stuck let me know exactly where and I'll try to guide.

0Anesthetic4u wrote:So wait is there a way to play as these new models yet?

Totally: Just select them in the player settings menu and use them as a player model. They will be the only default pred character once I add the player model filter, as the others don't have bulgy versions anyway.

Is there like an update I have to download. I downloaded off the link you have at the bottom of all your posts, but I just cant seem to find out how to change my Vixen to the new model. I can only switch between a "Purple Vixen" and a "Collor" one. Thats in the menu where you can chose your name, and camera settings, its called the Multiplayer Menu. Is there somewhere else I'm supposed to go. I checked through all the menus I could find but none of them seemed to contain a "Player Settings Menu"
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:07 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Is there like an update I have to download. I downloaded off the link you have at the bottom of all your posts, but I just cant seem to find out how to change my Vixen to the new model. I can only switch between a "Purple Vixen" and a "Collor" one. Thats in the menu where you can chose your name, and camera settings, its called the Multiplayer Menu. Is there somewhere else I'm supposed to go. I checked through all the menus I could find but none of them seemed to contain a "Player Settings Menu"

That is the old VT, no longer maintained. Vore Tournament 2.0 is now structured into a Xonotic mutator, and must be downloaded from the Gitlab repository. Right now it can't really be played... I've yet to post compilation instructions, and there are still a few bugs I need to try and solve before anyone should even bother with such. Stay tuned...
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Lots of great changes were made during the last two days. A lot of time was spent on fixing several major issues, which made the game virtually unplayable... apart from a crash when shooting the Crylink in a belly (faulty projectile removal) and the view poking out of the stomach with micro / macro players, there are no more important bugs. The HUD and bot AI are the remaining major components yet to be ported, the rest is pretty much done now. Basic compilation instructions (mainly for Linux) were posted in the README.md... you may attempt to follow them, but be prepared to learn about GIT and compiling a few things on your own!

Beyond that, a great new mechanic was added... which never made it into the old VT but is sure to be appreciated; Prey can now force feed themselves to predators! Just like you look at a player and hold down the 'swallow' key to eat them, you can look at a player and hold down the 'feed' key to force your way into them... pretty much reversing the same mechanics. You may do this with any player, though in a real game you'll only want it with team mates as they will heal you. This behavior is controlled by a cvar and can be disabled if any servers consider it annoying.

In addition, the stomach kicking button was removed. You now kick predators by using the movement keys in their stomach! You can use any directional key (including jump for up and crouch for down) to kick in any direction you desire relative to yourself. If you're smart, you can make use of this to push your predator toward a ledge or pit from which they will take damage.

A few silly screenshots that were taken on the way:

MirceaKitsune
???

Postby ThisGuy127 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:33 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:Lots of great changes were made during the last two days. A lot of time was spent on fixing several major issues, which made the game virtually unplayable... apart from a crash when shooting the Crylink in a belly (faulty projectile removal) and the view poking out of the stomach with micro / macro players, there are no more important bugs. The HUD and bot AI are the remaining major components yet to be ported, the rest is pretty much done now. Basic compilation instructions (mainly for Linux) were posted in the README.md... you may attempt to follow them, but be prepared to learn about GIT and compiling a few things on your own!

Beyond that, a great new mechanic was added... which never made it into the old VT but is sure to be appreciated; Prey can now force feed themselves to predators! Just like you look at a player and hold down the 'swallow' key to eat them, you can look at a player and hold down the 'feed' key to force your way into them... pretty much reversing the same mechanics. You may do this with any player, though in a real game you'll only want it with team mates as they will heal you. This behavior is controlled by a cvar and can be disabled if any servers consider it annoying.

In addition, the stomach kicking button was removed. You now kick predators by using the movement keys in their stomach! You can use any directional key (including jump for up and crouch for down) to kick in any direction you desire relative to yourself. If you're smart, you can make use of this to push your predator toward a ledge or pit from which they will take damage.

A few silly screenshots that were taken on the way:

http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/zds ... 1oye60.jpg
http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/g53 ... ysimeb.jpg
http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/qbp ... wc0kzt.jpg

So much progress in such a short time! As soon as I get a few days off I'm going to have to go through the steps of getting this going on my computer.

As I'm here, did you have any plans for the second game outside of (the obviously most important thing) player mechanics? Were you intending to do any map work specifically for macro/micro gameplay, for example?
ThisGuy127
Somewhat familiar

Postby AMCJavelin » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:34 pm

I do know a mutator in the old VT you could select was reverse scoring, that would actually work well with force feeding
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:01 pm

ThisGuy127 wrote:So much progress in such a short time! As soon as I get a few days off I'm going to have to go through the steps of getting this going on my computer.

As I'm here, did you have any plans for the second game outside of (the obviously most important thing) player mechanics? Were you intending to do any map work specifically for macro/micro gameplay, for example?

It tends to be hard for me to start working on something after I take a break... but once I do, I do it hard :D

As for maps, I don't currently plan on making new ones. Although there is this map I made a long time ago, which might work really well with the game...

MirceaKitsune
???

Postby ThisGuy127 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:27 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:It tends to be hard for me to start working on something after I take a break... but once I do, I do it hard :D

As for maps, I don't currently plan on making new ones. Although there is this map I made a long time ago, which might work really well with the game...

(Clipped videos)

Woot! I remember bringing up your vixen vore map for the original VT, and that'd be awesome to bring into this one!

It'd be nice to see an "RP hub" world too like in the first.
ThisGuy127
Somewhat familiar

Postby duster » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:57 pm

can you help me with step 2?
it says that "all : no such file or directory"
and when i try to clone the repositories it says "fatal : repository font-dejavu.pk3dir does not exist"
im using the windows x64 version of git btw.
its the same for the other pk3dir folders too.
duster
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:03 pm

duster wrote:can you help me with step 2?
it says that "all : no such file or directory"
and when i try to clone the repositories it says "fatal : repository font-dejavu.pk3dir does not exist"
im using the windows x64 version of git btw.
its the same for the other pk3dir folders too.

It might be an incorrect repository URL or a typo, I can't think of why Gitlab would give that error for a good repo. The all script might also be Linux only. Again I don't have Win, and can't test or create compile instructions for it... I'm afraid Windows users might have to look up additional documentation for GIT, as well as the Mingw + Msys compilers. Later on I'll post snapshots of the pre-compiled gamecode, and instructions to use a nightly build engine for any platform... things are just not there yet.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Squidpad » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:47 pm

Has anyone successfully compiled this on windows 10 64 bit?
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

Postby uents » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:33 pm

CaptainCow16 wrote:Has anyone successfully compiled this on windows 10 64 bit?

I tried it on the same OS got the same error described above with the directory not existing, we will just have to wait until a precompiled version is made.
uents
Somewhat familiar

Postby Squidpad » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:12 pm

uents wrote:

I tried it on the same OS got the same error described above with the directory not existing, we will just have to wait until a precompiled version is made.

I manually cloned each sub-repository needed, but I'm stuck on the compiling phase. Im getting this printout

Spoiler: show
$ ./all compile
Timing not supported.
Found main repo = https://gitlab.com/xonotic/
Repository . enabled because it already exists
Repository data/xonotic-data.pk3dir enabled because it already exists
Repository data/xonotic-music.pk3dir enabled because it already exists
Repository data/xonotic-nexcompat.pk3dir enabled because it already exists
Repository darkplaces enabled because it already exists
Repository netradiant enabled by default
Repository div0-gittools disabled by default, create div0-gittools.yes to enable
Repository d0_blind_id enabled by default
Repository data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir enabled because it already exists
Repository mediasource disabled by default, create mediasource.yes to enable
Repository gmqcc enabled because it already exists
Repository xonstat disabled by default, create xonstat.yes to enable
Repository xonstatdb disabled by default, create xonstatdb.yes to enable
Repository wiki disabled by default, create wiki.yes to enable
+ gcc -DSUPPORTIPV6 misc/tools/conftest.c -o conftest
/c/Users/capta/Desktop/New folder/xonotic/../all.xonotic.sh: line 73: gcc: command not found

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~ COMPILER ~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~_...._~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~,-' \`-._~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~/ --. >< \~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~/ (*)> -<: \~~~~
~~~~~~~~~( ^~-' (*) )~~~~
~~~~~~~~~\ ^+-_/ |~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~\ {vvv} |~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~,\ , {^^^},/~~~~~
~~~~~~~~,/ `---.....-'~~W~~~~
~~~~~~,/ \_____/_\_W~~/~~~~~
~~~~~/ /~~~\__/~~~~~~
~~~~/ /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~ Y U NO COMPILE ~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~ CODE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rage face just feels like salt in the wound

I think the main cause of the failure is

/c/Users/capta/Desktop/New folder/xonotic/../all.xonotic.sh: line 73: gcc: command not found

but due to my unfamiliarity with compiling, I haven't the foggiest what this means.

EDIT: I think that maybe the command 'gcc' is a linux specific command that windows does not have.
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vorishartist » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:52 pm

Download the gnu compiler (https://gcc.gnu.org/) and put the path to gcc.exe on your PATH, then try again. You'll probably run into a host of other errors though.
Vorishartist
Artist

Postby Squidpad » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:02 am

CaptainCow16 wrote:
uents wrote:

I manually cloned each sub-repository needed, but I'm stuck on the compiling phase. Im getting this printout

Spoiler: show
$ ./all compile
Timing not supported.
Found main repo = https://gitlab.com/xonotic/
Repository . enabled because it already exists
Repository data/xonotic-data.pk3dir enabled because it already exists
Repository data/xonotic-music.pk3dir enabled because it already exists
Repository data/xonotic-nexcompat.pk3dir enabled because it already exists
Repository darkplaces enabled because it already exists
Repository netradiant enabled by default
Repository div0-gittools disabled by default, create div0-gittools.yes to enable
Repository d0_blind_id enabled by default
Repository data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir enabled because it already exists
Repository mediasource disabled by default, create mediasource.yes to enable
Repository gmqcc enabled because it already exists
Repository xonstat disabled by default, create xonstat.yes to enable
Repository xonstatdb disabled by default, create xonstatdb.yes to enable
Repository wiki disabled by default, create wiki.yes to enable
+ gcc -DSUPPORTIPV6 misc/tools/conftest.c -o conftest

~~~~~~~~~~ COMPILER ~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~_...._~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~,-' \`-._~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~/ --. >< \~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~/ (*)> -<: \~~~~
~~~~~~~~~( ^~-' (*) )~~~~
~~~~~~~~~\ ^+-_/ |~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~\ {vvv} |~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~,\ , {^^^},/~~~~~
~~~~~~~~,/ `---.....-'~~W~~~~
~~~~~~,/ \_____/_\_W~~/~~~~~
~~~~~/ /~~~\__/~~~~~~
~~~~/ /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~ Y U NO COMPILE ~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~ CODE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rage face just feels like salt in the wound

I think the main cause of the failure is

but due to my unfamiliarity with compiling, I haven't the foggiest what this means.

EDIT: I think that maybe the command 'gcc' is a linux specific command that windows does not have.

Just as an update, I was able to make ./all update work by downloading gcc through cygwin, but ./all compile still fails
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game