FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:29 am

Mab17 wrote:Oh. Well in that case, dedicated sounds better.
So, to run the dedicated server...
>move config file to date, edit as desired
>move server_windows file to main folder
>run voretournament-dedicated exe

...Profit???
I've tried this, but it doesn't show up as joinable.

Sorry for all the dumb questions, as this is really not my forte, but I am interested in getting a server up so people can play. I already know at least four people online that would be interested in a server that runs well(there's one currently running, but with the lag it's pretty much unplayable, and I have no idea who's running it).

Just move server.cfg from /server to /data, edit it accordingly, then run the voretournament-dedicated.exe file. Watch the console at first to make sure there aren't any problems printed out. If the server still doesn't show in the server list, try connecting manually by writing the IP and port directly in the servers window.

Obviously firewalls and routers must be configured to allow / forward the server ports properly. Also note the "show empty servers" option in the server list, and make sure that's enabled... otherwise servers with no players will not show, and that's obviously bad for VT at this early stage.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Mab17 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:47 pm

My recurring problem seems to be that it does not detect the server.cfg file, even though it's in the /data folder. Any idea why it doesn't?

EDIT: Scratch that, there are quite a few WARNINGS in the console; it says that several files could not be expanded. Screenshot attached.

Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:13 am

Mab17 wrote:My recurring problem seems to be that it does not detect the server.cfg file, even though it's in the /data folder. Any idea why it doesn't?

EDIT: Scratch that, there are quite a few WARNINGS in the console; it says that several files could not be expanded. Screenshot attached.

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s38 ... c40d6b.png

Strange... if you moved server.cfg in /data it should see it, and I don't know why it's not (those warnings are probably not relevant). Maybe there are read / write access issues with that directory? I also don't understand why it mentions listening on 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0, that doesn't seem right.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Mab17 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Well, still no luck.

Here's hoping Movier reopens his server. It never had lag problems, and he was active and around to change things and participate.
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:05 am

Is the game released yet, where can I find it, what specs and software do I need to play it, are there bots? All questions the OP does not adress.

Either the OP needs redoing, or a new thread by the actual creator needs to be made with this info.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Mab17 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:26 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Is the game released yet, where can I find it, what specs and software do I need to play it, are there bots? All questions the OP does not adress.

Either the OP needs redoing, or a new thread by the actual creator needs to be made with this info.

Yes, use Google, not much, yes.
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:21 am

Mab17 wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:Is the game released yet, where can I find it, what specs and software do I need to play it, are there bots? All questions the OP does not adress.

Yes, use Google, not much, yes.

Not the point of my post.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:07 am

It's available on Sourceforge, and I believe the latest version was 0.7.0. The project is not dead BTW, but I could say it's currently on hold.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Brutaller » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:21 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:It's available on Sourceforge, and I believe the latest version was 0.7.0. The project is not dead BTW, but I could say it's currently on hold.

Okay, that gives me some hope... so is there ANY slight chance of future developement? I thought you had dropped it completely...
Brutaller
Participator

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:46 pm

Brutaller wrote:Okay, that gives me some hope... so is there ANY slight chance of future developement? I thought you had dropped it completely...

Very likely yes. But I don't know when... lots of things to do and not a lot of energy and motivation for all right now.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby ModNote » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:02 am

Oh, umm... Hiya! Sorry, I don't know how to make a server for this game... And kinda is complicated to me all this Computer-stuff, so... There is a simple way to explain how to do a server? Sorry about it... But I'd love to know how to make one...
ModNote
New to the forum

Postby 20threeyears » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:44 am

Does anyone still play this? I found like 2 people on it a good while ago that was it XD
20threeyears
New to the forum

Postby Big_D » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:12 pm

I tend to play offline
Darkness entwines a foolish young heart but the brave will always ring true.......yeah right ;p
Patreon account https:https://www.patreon.com/Yubel
Big_D
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 20threeyears » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:36 pm

I have to seeing as it's rare to find any servers
20threeyears
New to the forum

Postby NecrolanceZX » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:43 pm

I used to play but I only really used it as a medium to roleplay, as it's quite handy having a functional swallowing and digestion function. But it didn't really work out. I could host a server but it'll likely be mostly for the purpose of roleplay. I dunno.
The signature that you are attempting to view is not here right now. Please leave a message after the beep. *beeeep*
NecrolanceZX
Somewhat familiar

Postby clayton2129 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:18 am

So, I dunno if it's a glitch or something, but, where do I go to finish level 1?
clayton2129
New to the forum

Postby AMCJavelin » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:57 pm

^^^^Just kill guard bot 5 times

On a side note I enjoy the game, I would host a RP server but i can't do that as of right now
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby TheVoreGamer » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:38 pm

IDK if this chat is dead or not but if it's still alive, I'm having trouble making a server; I'm not experienced in making servers or developing but if you can, can you make like a simple tutorial or something on how to make a server? I know it's been asked a lot but I'm really desperate to make a server to play with friend. If not, could you at least simplify the steps? I keep on searching the internet for howtos and so far, most of it's gibberish to me.
TheVoreGamer
New to the forum

Postby Artemis » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Unfortunately as far as I can tell Vore Tournament has been dead for a long time in large part due to a lack of development. It's really unfortunate.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby movler » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:34 pm

It is a bit hard to get a server going but i managed to do it before
movler
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game