FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby Artemis » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:33 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:The engine is old, but there's no reason why it wouldn't still function just fine (other than sdl1 instead of sdl2).

Question: If someone wanted to contribute something to the game--be it graphics such as maps or character models or audio or something else... How would they go about doing that?
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:45 pm

Artemis wrote:Question: If someone wanted to contribute something to the game--be it graphics such as maps or character models or audio or something else... How would they go about doing that?

Currently I don't have a system set up for that, but will have to see when I kick the project back up. If I ever move to a place like GitHub though, it will certainly be done through pull requests.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Entirely_Logical » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:29 am

A bit of feedback from one of the players on my server:

Arbon wrote:And seriously, from a gameplay perspective it's got a GREAT design if fast paced frantic shooting is the goal. But it needs to be heavily modified if you want the vore to be interesting. Lock people in place when the vore is happening (both pred and prey) while a animation plays out, show an actual attack animation, make sure you can see your own feet or look down and see your own stomach. Go with the DnD route where when eaten you can only deal damage to the stomach, which doesn't deplete from the predator's actual healthbar. Hitscan may work well for mellee attacks but get when aiming a gun it's really awkward. If you're going to have macro/micro involvement, tie it to power-ups rather than health. Its got the nice basis for an amazing game, but the balance decisions shoot it in the foot.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby tcktckmn » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:45 pm

Could someone help me with the tutorial? I'm at the part where you have to practice with the grappling hook but the next door stays closed
tcktckmn
New to the forum

Postby TheVoreGamer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:14 pm

I still have trouble trying to join others' servers; can anyone label the steps to making the game allow to join other servers apart from the one that are already allowed?
TheVoreGamer
New to the forum

Postby Entirely_Logical » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:04 pm

Haven't had my server going for a while, but it's up now.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby Freddyus » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:49 am

MirceaKitsune, project dead? Servers are generally always available - is not available. :(
Freddyus
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:24 am

Freddyus wrote:MirceaKitsune, project dead? Servers are generally always available - is not available. :(

It's in the process of some more major refractoring, which is however going very slowly. The project or its idea aren't entirely dead however.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby ThisGuy127 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:40 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:It's in the process of some more major refractoring, which is however going very slowly. The project or its idea aren't entirely dead however.

Ooh~! I personally would love to hear any intentions you have in mind, I've been returning to the game to re-hone my grappling accuracy on a machine with -slightly- better framerates than my last laptop.

Also, I wonder what it'd take to get a community server hosted somewhere. I happen to know someone personally with some server space owned in the Texas area, and considering VT is far from a high resource game, I bet I could get a steady server hosted there, as well as the possibility of a VoIP client to go alongside it. I can't really self fund it by myself right now without putting some extra hours into work, unless I could get a few donations behind me to keep it going.

Would be nice to see some more artists offer up some art to finish up the art galleries too.
ThisGuy127
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Alright... I guess I will make this public here, since I've already announced it on my Patreon months ago. It's the repository containing the source code for the in-progress port, to be compiled against Xonotic GIT source.

https://gitlab.com/MirceaKitsune/voretournament-mod/

Please do NOT expect a lot at this stage! It currently only offers the base vore and macro system mechanics, without player model changes nor the vore HUD nor a bot AI. You pretty much just cause players to become attached to you and piggyback-ride you while losing health. Though the rest should technically not be so hard to get to from there on, in an order of priority.

Vore Tournament 2.0 is going to be quite different from the old game! It will be a mod that runs on top of vanilla Xonotic using mutator hooks for the logics... a decision that was taken since this is pretty much the only way to keep the game on a modern foundation. In consequence, it will be playable with all Xonotic maps and weapons and player models, which requires a few gameplay changes: For the vore system to maintain its use, normal weapons will only deal damage down to a certain amount, so that they're only purpose is to weaken players but not kill them. Also only some characters can be preds while others can only be prey, as there are no bulged-belly versions of those... by default the new vixen model (which never made it into the old VT) will be the default pred, whereas the other player models in Xonotic can be prey. For those interested in the new model being featured:

Spoiler: show

If anyone wants to help achieve this faster, you're welcome to try and help porting the remaining mechanics! Although this might be silly to ask here... unless there happen to be other Nexuiz / Xonotic fans on Eka's who are familiar with Quake-C source code. Also I might need to offer proper compilation instructions for gmqcc, as currently only I know the setup. Leave a reply if you're interested in helping, and believe you might make any significant pull requests... if enough people are interested, I might write up some instructions and put up the current plans.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby AMCJavelin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:13 pm

I like what I see from those screen shots. I'll be with you in spirit because I don't know anything about programming or game making aside from add an NPC in skyrim.
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Talking about VT today inspired me to look a bit into the port; I fixed a few bugs introduced by recent Xonotic code refractoring. While at it, I also adapted and included the new fox player model (male and female versions). I also integrated the little bit of code that handled player model belly states, using a slightly hacky yet working implementation... big bellies on player models are now working! Some bulgy vixens for everyone to enjoy:

MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Artemis » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:22 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this game. I wish there was something I could do to help. I'm not so much into the fur, but I can deal with the limited player model choices when the reward is a functional FPS vore game. |D

Speaking of which, while all of this is going on, I'd be open to playing the old version of the game with people.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ThisGuy127 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:05 am

This is an awesome surprise man, and it looks great! I may not have the coding expertise to help port over features, best I know was how to manipulate the game variables to make the game act in ways outside of what the RP gamemode provided.

I might be willing to join in if you're opening a server there, Artemis. Give me a further excuse to get good at it again.
ThisGuy127
Somewhat familiar

Postby AMCJavelin » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:39 am

ThisGuy127 wrote: Give me a further excuse to get good at it again.

#GITGUD
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby Artemis » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:55 am

I would like to open servers, but I don't think my computer is configured so that other people would be able to join.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ThisGuy127 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:11 am

AMCJavelin wrote:#GITGUD

Do we have volunteer fodder?

And I think the only thing you need to be concerned about, Artemis, is port forwarding, I'm not 100% on that though, since I remember listen servers didn't really need to worry about ports.
ThisGuy127
Somewhat familiar

Postby tritrium » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:27 pm

Soooo... id like to give it a test but i dont know how to make it work? xD
is there any readme i can go through on how to install this somewhere?
tritrium
Participator

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:24 pm

Seems I got started quite a bit with the project again, and added or ported a few more features today! Most notably player model hiding: Prey finally disappears from view instead of looking like it's piggyback-riding the pred, whereas neighboring prey will show as expected. Also coded awareness for projectiles: Grenades or rockets shot by prey in a belly will only cause a small local blast inside, which (currently) does a fixed amount of damage affecting just the predator and their prey (no blast radius outside)... sadly bullet weapons are harder to tackle and find a good use for, so you can still shoot hitscan based guns through your pred's belly without any logical obstructions. Still a lot to do, and many bugs which I doubt I can fix with the current (often limited) mutator hooks... it will get there however :)

tritrium wrote:Soooo... id like to give it a test but i dont know how to make it work? xD
is there any readme i can go through on how to install this somewhere?

I might post compilation instructions later. The obvious first step till then will be to get normal Xonotic working via the GIT repository, which is available at: https://gitlab.com/groups/xonotic
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby AMCJavelin » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:45 pm

ThisGuy127 wrote:
AMCJavelin wrote:#GITGUD

Do we have volunteer fodder?

And I think the only thing you need to be concerned about, Artemis, is port forwarding, I'm not 100% on that though, since I remember listen servers didn't really need to worry about ports.

I probs won't be able to run the old one online atm
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game