Vore Text Game: Going Open Source (I'm done)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

More pred events, or more Prey events? (that means you as the pred, or you as the prey)

Pred
32%
Prey
56%
Don't care
3%
Jetpack!
9%

Total votes : 581

Re: Vore Text Game

Postby Garz » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Very interesting game so far. I look forward to seeing how it continues to grow.

For people having trouble with the elipses - I was having that problem to when I clicked on the text link. Try right-clicking and save as-ing the file (Or save link as if you're on firefox), and then opening that. That seemed to work for me.
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Wow she doesnt give you a choice. o.o;
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby dagar » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:35 pm

LEt's see... I have officially tried a standalone player, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.... all of which do not load this seemingly interesting game >.< *depressed face!*
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ralmar » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Dagar, same. x.x I dunno what the deal is.
There's something that doesn't make sense here: let's go and poke it with a stick.
Ralmar
Somewhat familiar

Postby maraudingmarauder » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:49 am

Garz wrote:Very interesting game so far. I look forward to seeing how it continues to grow.

For people having trouble with the elipses - I was having that problem to when I clicked on the text link. Try right-clicking and save as-ing the file (Or save link as if you're on firefox), and then opening that. That seemed to work for me.

Tried it. Didn't work.

The forums sometimes have trouble with .swf attachments, to be honest. Maybe try uploading it onto an external site?
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby four_fleets » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:58 am

maraudingmarauder wrote:
Garz wrote:Very interesting game so far. I look forward to seeing how it continues to grow.

Tried it. Didn't work.

The forums sometimes have trouble with .swf attachments, to be honest. Maybe try uploading it onto an external site?

Better yet, is it possible to .zip it before you upload? Makes it easier.
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dimensione510 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:19 pm

SDmanical wrote:A bit of a downgraded copy of Nimin, yes. But hey, you just started.

I'll be honest with you on your work so far.

-You don't have to, since it's your game and your interests are important for that, but I'd suggest trying to cater to a wider audience. By that I mean you might want to add more species to play as other than human, as well as giving people more option to feel as if they are 'in charge' or not. From what I played there certainly didn't seem to be much choice as to whether you were enjoying being eaten or not, let alone if you can eat something or not.

-Improve the writing. Descriptions should be very detailed, and you might want to run your text segments through a spell check as well. You did fairly well on descriptions for encountering enemies, but the vore, digestion, and virtually everything else in the game seemed lack-luster at best.

-The game play feels empty. I don't feel like I have much control over what happens. You should add some variety to the combat in one way or another. Perhaps some different types of attacks, and each enemy has its own weaknesses. Even something as basic as that would make it more interesting. Keyboard shortcuts would make it much more user friendly as well.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I hope this information is able to help you.

Where is this Nimin game? It sounds cool...

Anyway, a save game would definitely be nice. Also, if you talk to someone with a full belly, there should be some unique dialogue, maybe they comment on your belly, maybe the prey says hi or interrupts you with a kick or squirm. Also, perhaps an indication of whether an NPC can eat you? I tried to eat the hotel owner, and she gulped me down instantly. Game over. :(

If you need any help with descriptions I might be able to assist. I can't code for shit, (outside of basic html) but I could write write flavor text (yay pun!) or dialogue.

EDIT: Having played it more extensively, here's some more suggestions. One, make the bag containing the tentacle rape thing come up less often. Once is enough, because it appears like every third time I go in the forest. Also, eating monsters should make you LESS hungry. Maybe the ability to choose your stats on level up?

Also, it seems a little limited. I'm at the point where all the forest monsters die in one hit, and I can't eat them at full health (not wolves at least), and both of the NPCs will eat me if I try, resulting in game over. Just seems like there's not much else to do...

Also, the text should change when you have something in you belly. When you talk to someone, or go exploring, etc. Also, if there's a person in your belly, it might be cool to be able to talk to them, or play with them (belly rubbing, etc). Some kind of ability system could be cool too, like indigestibility, or the ability to regurgitate items dropped by monsters you eat. Also, eating something should increase stomach capacity and eating ability (how injured it needs to be, etc) and decrease your hunger.

Some more description of belly size would be nice, but maybe I could help with that.

And to all the people who the game doesn't work for, have you tried Chrome? I have no idea if that's why it works for me, but it's free so you could give it a shot. Also, when I opened the file, it opened with GOM Player, a program I downloaded awhile ago for unremembered reasons. So maybe try downloading that? I know nothing about computers, but that might help.
dimensione510
---

Postby RachelBabe » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:30 pm

I assume this is good, but I cant say either way, because I dont know if I can open it. I'm running OSX, on a mac book pro.... I know .swf is flash files... but I dont have flash creator....

Can someone help me?
RachelBabe
Participator

Postby dimensione510 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:06 pm

More suggestions:

Some kind of stat tracker? Things eaten, etc.

Also, I accidentally ate the shop keeper, and now have no way of reducing hunger. It might have been nice to release him, somehow.

BUG: If you digest something during combat, it seems to end the encounter.

Beyond that, the game seems a little empty, so here's hoping for more to do. Maybe the ability to have sex with with the hotel lady? If you're a male character, you could even get her pregnant, or something. Maybe female characters could get knocked up from the shop keeper?

Some kind of skill tree system would be nice, or just a general deeper RPG system? It'd be nice to see how much XP is required for the next rank, too.

EDIT: I ate the hostess too, and now I have literally nothing to do but randomly grind monsters (which I can now eat at 100% health). But the shop is locked, and an angry mob prevents me from accessing the hotel (I don't know how I got away with a struggling hostess in my belly!). I decided to open a bag, to see if I could fight the rape monster now, at level ten.

I couldn't :(
dimensione510
---

Postby SDmanical » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:12 pm

dimensione510 wrote:Where is this Nimin game? It sounds cool...

I believe this is the most recent version.
SDmanical
Somewhat familiar

Postby mr_dawg » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:37 pm

SDmanical wrote:

As an added note Nimin is mostly about transformation/furries/sex. There's no vore aside from a bit of unbirth and the creator has stated they don't particularly care for vore and aren't interested in adding it.
mr_dawg
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tetrahedra » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:24 pm

While I will say that yes, the vore scenes could use a bit of work, I have to say that it was immensely satisfying to manage to beat a red slime down and finally manage to eat it after several tries. I'm looking forward to what comes of this!
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby dimensione510 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:36 am

SDmanical wrote:

Alright, thanks.
dimensione510
---

Postby lalalalas » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:20 am

This game has a lot of promise. Very good work so far! I hope you keep at it!
lalalalas
Been posting for a bit

Postby RachelBabe » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:48 am

Okay I got it to work... how do you get gold? eating people doesnt give you that and the only one you can eat is the vore fan at the hotel.
RachelBabe
Participator

Postby I_Cant_Write » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Very nice game so far.

A few suggestions you are free to ignore completely:

You should probably make the bag have a chance to contain something valuable and not harmful, like a unique item or something (and probably reduce it's frequency as well). That way, it's actually sometimes worth taking a risk by opening it. It would also be nice if you could sometimes kill the monster or something.

Hunger doesn't go down when you eat people, which is kind of bizarre.

I'm kind of confused about how an angry mob knew you were responsible for the hostess's disappearance :gulp:

The Release button does absolutely nothing as far as I can tell, so it would probably be good to either add functionality to it, or just get rid of it (letting the person out could cause complications, because the behavior will have to be different depending on whether they were a regular npc or an enemy, and if they were a regular npc, they should have a custom reaction, and they probably shouldn't just go right back to managing their business unfazed)

Personally, I'd like to be able to shoplift, but that plant sure was a crafty way to prevent it.

The writing could use a little work.

</suggestions>

Rachel Babe wrote:Okay I got it to work... how do you get gold? eating people doesnt give you that and the only one you can eat is the vore fan at the hotel.

If you kill enemies without eating them in the forest, they drop gold. Also, after you eat the vore fan you can eat the Shopkeeper and the Hostess.

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty good game, especially considering that it's in alpha stage, so I can't wait until I can clear a path to the farm :-D
"Shill, shill, shill." shilled the shill.

I_Cant_Write
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shrunkenhero007 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:49 pm

i wish i could get this fun game to work and do i need a flash creator for this game to work and i need help getting this game to work please all i have is these endless dots when i try to load it on my explorer.
Last edited by Shrunkenhero007 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shrunkenhero007
Been posting for a bit

Postby Scorpi » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:25 pm

*laughs* I'm having big problems getting this game to run. All i'm getting is the dotts on explorer and an empty page on "Opera" browser. I can't download the laterst version of the game from the link a few posts up. Can anyone help out?
Scorpi
Somewhat familiar

Postby bigFurry7 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:28 am

Ever tried using this?

Flash Movie Player
http://download.cnet.com/Flash-Movie-Pl ... 23716.html

skips the loading dots and just loads the flash.
bigFurry7
Been posting for a bit

Postby night22 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:03 am

You should make certain characters uneatable, or have replacements, like the shopkeepers or inn-lady.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game