Vore Text Game: Going Open Source (I'm done)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

More pred events, or more Prey events? (that means you as the pred, or you as the prey)

Pred
32%
Prey
56%
Don't care
3%
Jetpack!
9%

Total votes : 581

Re: Vore Text Game

Postby Erecant » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:23 am

Hmm, I'm among the crowd that cannot get past the dots, no matter the medium I use. Have tried the above posted flash movie player, and all three mainstream browsers. I'm just about to give up on this, but it seems so promising from the discussion. Honestly I'm just a bit baffled as to why this won't work for me.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Scorpi » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:35 am

bigFurry7 wrote:Ever tried using this?

Flash Movie Player
http://download.cnet.com/Flash-Movie-Pl ... 23716.html

skips the loading dots and just loads the flash.

Thanks ! I got the game working with that player there. Looks very promesing i think. Wish it could be longer :)
Scorpi
Somewhat familiar

Postby RachelBabe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:48 am

EDIT: I'm stupid- you just need more strength stat lol.
RachelBabe
Participator

Postby MementoMori » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:53 am

I was surprised that it was actually a pretty complex game, I wasn't expecting there to be a shop, battles, items, etc. so that's neat. I think you did a nice job :) I know how it feels to code flash games, it's harder than it looks, and I can totally give you credit on that part. :)

Ahahahahah.. XD; One thing I want to mention though, is gender doesn't automatically equal whether or not you enjoy the opposite sex's privates, just a thought, I mean, I'm a lesbian and I was pretty squicked out when the tentacle monster raped me and I "gladly" let the phallic tentacles in.. ^^;
[ ʟɪᴠᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅʏɪɴɢ ]
MementoMori
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Heady9 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:34 pm

First post has the updated game. (may take a second for the thing to show up, so I'll try rapidshare as well.)

RaggedRook wrote:I was surprised that it was actually a pretty complex game, I wasn't expecting there to be a shop, battles, items, etc. so that's neat. I think you did a nice job :) I know how it feels to code flash games, it's harder than it looks, and I can totally give you credit on that part. :)

Ahahahahah.. XD; One thing I want to mention though, is gender doesn't automatically equal whether or not you enjoy the opposite sex's privates, just a thought, I mean, I'm a lesbian and I was pretty squicked out when the tentacle monster raped me and I "gladly" let the phallic tentacles in.. ^^;

Thanks for the encouragement! The Idea with the tentacles was that there was a bit of mind control taking place with the "sauce".

I should take this time to explain that your Mind stat is going to be a major factor on what options are available to you, so take care not to let it fall to low.

You should make certain characters uneatable, or have replacements, like the shopkeepers or inn-lady.

There will be replacements in the future, but for now I will just say be careful who you eat. . .
I make comments and posts when I should be sleeping. You have been warned
Heady9
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore Text Game: UPDATED 07/09/2011

Postby stevebat » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:13 pm

The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. error I got from megaupload.
stevebat
Somewhat familiar

Postby RachelBabe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Good update. I like no perma death. However, I assume the bag thing is a trap that will kill you, no matter what? I was 100 strength, maxxed I think, and I still got pwned.. PS: Nice village girl.
RachelBabe
Participator

Postby TheAzureAzoth » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:05 pm

I can't seem to get the thing to work at all... Any ideas for me? I have all the required programs and players. Or it might just not like me at all
TheAzureAzoth
Participator

Postby I_Cant_Write » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:43 pm

There's kind of a glitch, I think.
I was in the forest when I accidentally opened the bag. To escape it, I tried to save the game, and it worked. You probably shouldn't be able to break out of an encounter like that.

It's also kind of unusual how the cult thing can happen multiple times, since most of the dialog seems to imply it's a first meeting.

Otherwise, great update, and exploring the village is now much more entertaining :)
"Shill, shill, shill." shilled the shill.

I_Cant_Write
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheAzureAzoth » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:18 am

Anyone have an idea of how to get the game to work? I am still having no luck...
TheAzureAzoth
Participator

Postby Monopolus » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:45 am

TheAzureAzoth wrote:Anyone have an idea of how to get the game to work? I am still having no luck...

Upload the .swf file via Internet Explorer, it works perfectly fine for me and my computer sucks. ^^;

The only thing I'd really really appreciate in this game is to give NPC's memory. I like the cult addition while strolling through town but it seems weird that you meet the leader, explore again, and the two cloaked figures greet you like they've never seen you before (and if you ate one she magically appears again). I know it's extra stuff to work with but I think it'd be really really awesome.
Monopolus
???

Postby nooneudknow » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:11 am

Awesome game start! It's off to a great start already and has so much room for expansion, I wish there were more games out there like this!
I keep trying to add my signature here but the only thing I've done is put ink all over my screen.

I am mediocrities, an average person of mediocre acres.
nooneudknow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheAzureAzoth » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:51 am

After an hour or so of messing around I finaly got it to work, and I agree with most of the + comments and also the - comments, I do find that this game has massive room for growth, now a little more detail in how you swallow your prey would be nice, but thats just me. I for one do not want anything to be rushed, I want the maker to put in their best and not feel rushed to keep fan happy. Then again thats my two cents worth
TheAzureAzoth
Participator

Postby YuriFan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:18 am

I can tell you one big way you can improve this game - and one thing that should be easy to implement - reverse the colors. I.E. make the text white, and the background black. Or make the text a light grey, green, etc. But the background definitely needs to be black. Staring at a bright white light is... not fun. You could at least make it a button option to reverse the color scheme when starting the game.

Otherwise, I think this game has a lot of potential.
YuriFan
Participator

Postby dimensione510 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Having played the new version, here are my comments.

One, having a save feature is awesome! So is the inclusion of "the cult" although the always seem to forget about you every encounter.

My only problem is that as you level up, it seems to become impossible to eat monsters. Before, you'd weaken them and then eat once they were vulnerable. Once you get to a high enough level, however, they'd die in one hit. In the old game, you'd eventually power up to the point where you could eat them without wounding them first, although that seems impossible now. I'm level 15, and can't eat them, whereas I could at level ten and before previously. It leaves my only source of food as the the two NPCs and the cult.

Also, the bag of tentacle rape shows up far, far too often. I literally had it appear on me ten times in a row, when all I wanted to do was grind for xp. One appearance would be more than enough.

EDIT: Shit, I forgot. Also, sometimes a button (the "eat" button in particular) would become unclickable, and wouldn't respond. Like, the game wouldn't seem to register that it was a button.
dimensione510
---

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:38 pm

YuriFan wrote:I can tell you one big way you can improve this game - and one thing that should be easy to implement - reverse the colors. I.E. make the text white, and the background black. Or make the text a light grey, green, etc. But the background definitely needs to be black. Staring at a bright white light is... not fun. You could at least make it a button option to reverse the color scheme when starting the game.

Seconded. It's easier on the eyes to look at darker colors.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby TheAzureAzoth » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:50 pm

empatheticapathy wrote:
YuriFan wrote:I can tell you one big way you can improve this game - and one thing that should be easy to implement - reverse the colors. I.E. make the text white, and the background black. Or make the text a light grey, green, etc. But the background definitely needs to be black. Staring at a bright white light is... not fun. You could at least make it a button option to reverse the color scheme when starting the game.

I third that motion, my eyes are bad enough but black background on white lettering would be easier for me as well
TheAzureAzoth
Participator

Postby nooneudknow » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:13 am

TheAzureAzoth wrote:
empatheticapathy wrote:

I third that motion, my eyes are bad enough but black background on white lettering would be easier for me as well

Hmm actually that does sound like a good idea, so I... uh, fourth that opinion?
I keep trying to add my signature here but the only thing I've done is put ink all over my screen.

I am mediocrities, an average person of mediocre acres.
nooneudknow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby maraudingmarauder » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 am

Is it actually possible to escape a stomach? The monsters don't seem to even attempt to eat me until I'm so low on HP that I die in a couple of rounds.
Having a chance of the monsters breaking out and either continuing to fight you in the middle of whatever you're doing or just running away and denying you a meal might be interesting as well! :lol:
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Heady9 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:45 am

maraudingmarauder wrote:Is it actually possible to escape a stomach? The monsters don't seem to even attempt to eat me until I'm so low on HP that I die in a couple of rounds.
Having a chance of the monsters breaking out and either continuing to fight you in the middle of whatever you're doing or just running away and denying you a meal might be interesting as well! :lol:

The battle stuff needs a LOT of work. The one thats there is a bit of a placeholder. I'm probably gonna do a bit more story and event stuff in the next update, and then the battle system will be in the one after that.
I make comments and posts when I should be sleeping. You have been warned
Heady9
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game