Vore Text Game: Going Open Source (I'm done)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

More pred events, or more Prey events? (that means you as the pred, or you as the prey)

Pred
32%
Prey
56%
Don't care
3%
Jetpack!
9%

Total votes : 581

Re: Vore Text Game

Postby Heady9 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:32 am

For the dots thing, I think I may know whats wrong (now that i have tested it on my other machine, think I would have figured to do that first ^^; ). But for now, after you download it, open it with your browser instead of flash player. this may fix it for the moment. I noticed some other bugs as well, so I'll see what I can do. I'll try to have these fixes in the release I put out in a few days.

Edit: it may be an issue with they way CS5 is exporting the text (possibly in another file). I'll see if I can't put up a fix sometime tonight, but for now, I sleep. (Night shift FTL :zombie: ).
Last edited by Heady9 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I make comments and posts when I should be sleeping. You have been warned
Heady9
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ralmar » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:44 am

Hm, that doesn't seem to work for me, Heady. I've been opening it in my browser. It makes IE shut down, and firefox just throws the dots endlessly. Going to try something else, and will let you know how it goes.
There's something that doesn't make sense here: let's go and poke it with a stick.
Ralmar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gah » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:47 am

I actually have been opening it in my browser. Both in Fire fox, and internet explorer. Neither seem to work :(
Gah
Participator

Postby Jahan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:55 am

This seems quite interesting, now that I've gotten it to work. If you want help with writing/ideas/etc, I'm sure there are plenty of people that would be willing to lend a hand (I'd be happy to try some writing at some point, for instance!)

Good luck with this.

Gah wrote:I actually have been opening it in my browser. Both in Fire fox, and internet explorer. Neither seem to work :(

I got it to work using Ifranview! So, at least it seems to work *there*, once you install the flash plugin for Ifranview.
Jahan
Idly kitty

Postby Ralmar » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:12 am

Irfanview did less for me than my browser, so... so much for that idea. Any other suggestions?
There's something that doesn't make sense here: let's go and poke it with a stick.
Ralmar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jahan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:14 am

Ralmar wrote:Irfanview did less for me than my browser, so... so much for that idea. Any other suggestions?

Huh. Do you have the plugins installed?
Jahan
Idly kitty

Postby linko736 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:15 am

Did open it in IE like a couple people mentioned, tried DLing a different flash player, still ends up blank.
I guess I'll check it out later when the bugs get ironed out.
linko736
Somewhat familiar

Postby four_fleets » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:25 am

Eternal dots all around here as well. If it could work for me, I would happily put fourth some form of writing for this game.
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Genowing » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:21 pm

Endless dots for me as well...
Genowing
Somewhat familiar

Postby VoreFan362 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:51 pm

Works for me.
VoreFan362
Participator

Location: Inside a nice giantess/giant cat girl's stomach, and loving it!

Postby slpowerhouse » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:38 pm

I found a glitch in the game that is a pretty big one. If you go from the item menu to the stats menu when you have no items in your inventory you can only leave by clicking new game. This is because the return button changes to release (which is not working for me, so I'm not sure if it is supposed to be implemented yet), so the only way out from stats is to click any of the buttons besides release and stats. I have not seen if this glitch still happens when you have no creatures or people in your belly but that's what's happened so far with me.
Never lose sight of the light that illuminates your path and you shall always find a glimmer of hope even in the darkest of hours
meet my dragon(s)
ImageImageImageImageImage
slpowerhouse
Somewhat familiar

Postby SDmanical » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:28 pm

If it help any of you, I run the .swf in google chrome, which makes it function fine for me. That's what I do for most browser-based flash files.
SDmanical
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Heady9 wrote:Words, words, words....
I'm trying to break from some of the fantasy tropes on this.

You are? Then I misunderstood you.

IN THAT CASE, I'd recommend using existing mythological creatures, but not European ones. The Egyptian sphinx for example, the Japanese oni, or the Native American wendigo.

Heady9 wrote:PS Can YOU spot the references I snuck in?

I saw that the shopkeeper reused several lines from the Resident Evil 4 merchant. 'Sall I saw.
Last edited by empatheticapathy on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Skeiron » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:53 pm

I liked it for what is there. Will definately keep an eye on this.
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Firon » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:34 pm

game worked fine for me....just loaded it into firefox because my external player just white screened it

those that can't get it working in browsers.....make sure you've updated your flash player first and anything else adobe related
Firon
---

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Admittedly the game was good but it's too short. *sigh* And a shame the bags are instant-death.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby peteian » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:35 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Admittedly the game was good but it's too short. *sigh* And a shame the bags are instant-death.

I believe it's still in progress but yeah it's great :D I especially liked the stories :3
peteian
---

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:28 am

Also like how karma comes to bite you in the ass when ya nom the hostess. Say bye bye to the safe sleeping...
Also, devouring the enemies doesnt help your hunger, it just alters your stats. In fact, makes you hungrier.

Tracy was a nice change. I Rather like willing prey. ^///^
Something about giving themselves to others makes it worthwhile.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Heartless » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:32 am

nevermind figured out the answer to the question i asked
Last edited by Heartless on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Daisy, Daisy/Give me your answer do/I'm half crazy/all for the love of you"
- HAL 9000
Heartless
Participator

Postby peteian » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:35 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Tracy was a nice change. I Rather like willing prey. ^///^
Something about giving themselves to others makes it worthwhile.

Have you tried saying no to her? Something fun will happen XD
peteian
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game