Vore Adventure (text-based)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore Adventure (text-based)

Postby I_Cant_Write » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:41 pm

I wrote this text-based Vore game primarily for my own entertainment, but I decided to be generous and share seeing as You (yes, I'm talking to You) can add your own monsters.

Featured Monsters:
SampleDragon by I_Cant_Write (This is a SAMPLE, not an actual monster although you can fight it)
Wolfess by warbrand4

This game takes place on the scenic world of Zafyr. Featuring a very abstract combat system that doesn't allow you to use armor or weapons, you are able to engage in challenging combat with Rats, Goblins, and even Villagers (although reading over my combat descriptions, I think I'm a closet sadist, they're pretty violent). VGame also features a somewhat unrealistic 10-hour day, with one hour being a standard unit of time taken to complete simple tasks like combat. Two somewhat uncommon stats that VGame makes very important are your "hunger" stat and your "fatigue" stat. Should either reach 100, you die. Eating lowers your hunger stat, and resting lowers your fatigue stat. A higher fatigue stat significantly reduces your damage in combat as well. VGame also features an incredibly revolutionary "inventory", which allows you to hold up to ten items, with no option to discard something you really don't want, and automatically able to pick up whatever junk you find while adventuring, even if it will take up space you'll want later to hold something infinitely more valuable. While adventuring, you might find glorious items such as Rat Meat, and maybe even *gasp* COPPER COINS. VGame also, somewhat unusually, keeps track of your height and weight, as well as allowing you to customize your character exhaustively: you can choose to be male or female, and you can even set a custom name! While we're on the subject of exhaustive customization, VGame offers you a whole three skills to select on level up (that doesn't mean there's no benefit to leveling beyond level four, but you must be pretty dedicated to even reach level two) All this would not be complete, of course, without the never-before heard of Persistant Storage system, which can (usually) save your game to a file, allowing you to resume your game at a later date (if everything works out, which isn't likely). A new, shocking feature that is likely unique to VGame alone is a "journal" that allows you to enter custom text and save it to view at a later date, rather than these newfangled things that automatically track your progress on quests and such (the journal saves independently of the games, so you use the same journal across multiple characters, I don't know exactly what I was thinking when I did that). Speaking of quests, VGame features one stunning quest, with a puzzling moral dilemma that could confound the cleverest of players. Completion of this quest opens an entire new area, and could even possibly CHANGE YOUR ALIGNMENT (although this has absolutely no effect on the game yet). Three incredible areas are painstakingly described in VGame, including a Forest, a Village, and an Arena. Enjoy boring walks through the Forest, possibly fighting a few deadly rats. Explore the Village, where you have a hidden "reputation" with the Villagers that determine how they react to you. Even visit the Arena, where you can fight CUSTOM MADE MONSTERS!!!11oneone!!1 (custom-made means just about nothing, you can't really do anything grand with them)

EDIT: The link has moved to
http://aryion.com/content/vore-adventure-text-based
Last edited by I_Cant_Write on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Shill, shill, shill." shilled the shill.

I_Cant_Write
Somewhat familiar

Re: VGame (text-based)

Postby Schpadoinkle » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:19 pm

I dunno if it's just me, but this won't run.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby YuriFan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:16 pm

You might want to alter the title of this game since there's already a "VGame"

Could result in unnecessary confusion.
YuriFan
Participator

Postby Tetrahedra » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:48 am

Lots of potential! Did find one bug, though: After I ate Jon, I went into the forest again before he finished digesting and found another of him. After he digests, it doesn't seem that you can find him anymore, though.
Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby Firon » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:54 am

the inn doesn't reduce fatigue as expected
Firon
---

Postby night22 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:13 am

Firon wrote:the inn doesn't reduce fatigue as expected

This guy, also the shop never has any items, and leveling up is incredibly slow for beginners. It won't let me into the arena also, just say it's a place for rare monsters.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby I_Cant_Write » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:22 pm

YuriFan wrote:You might want to alter the title of this game since there's already a "VGame"

Could result in unnecessary confusion.

Thanks, I'll change it as soon as possible. No need to cause confusion where there doesn't need to be any.

Tetrahedra wrote:Lots of potential! Did find one bug, though: After I ate Jon, I went into the forest again before he finished digesting and found another of him. After he digests, it doesn't seem that you can find him anymore, though.

I'll fix that as soon as I can, thanks for pointing it out.

Not quite sure why that is, I'll look into that too. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

night22 wrote:This guy, also the shop never has any items, and leveling up is incredibly slow for beginners. It won't let me into the arena also, just say it's a place for rare monsters.

Actually, saying the shop never has any items is untrue. It rarely stocks one Rat Meat :P This is because there are only three items, two of which aren't worth selling. As soon as I can, I'll add more items. Leveling up does take a while, I'm guessing that it might be a good idea to make it a little bit faster, thanks for mentioning that. You can only really do anything in the arena if you've added a custom monster, which I'm guessing you haven't since no one except me should know how. Details on how to do that later.

I_Cant_Write
Somewhat familiar

Postby mr_dawg » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Choosing to fight Jon then running away doesn't seem take you out of combat, so you end up with an endless stream of messages telling you to finish fighting first.
mr_dawg
Somewhat familiar

Postby I_Cant_Write » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:35 pm

mr_dawg wrote:Choosing to fight Jon then running away doesn't seem take you out of combat, so you end up with an endless stream of messages telling you to finish fighting first.

After a brief look at my code, I think that running away from anything should cause that result. Thanks for discovering that, I'll need to fix that too.

I_Cant_Write
Somewhat familiar

Postby Schpadoinkle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:12 am

Finally got it to work. Turns out I was an idiot, and it wouldn't run under Japanese language mode (Which I had up for another game) and the moment I switched back to English everything was fine.

Anyway, even though it's very, very new, and there aren't many enemies or people to eat so far, I'm just so glad that there's another game where you can be a predator instead of everything eating you instead. Looking forward to it more finished.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby clone4000 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:12 am

Good stuff i'll be keeping an eye on this.
One stupid question on my part though. How do i select a skill when i level up?
clone4000
Somewhat familiar

Postby RachelBabe » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:50 am

Wont work on Mac
RachelBabe
Participator

Postby Skeiron » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Does the Belch skill actually do anything? I have tried it out several times (which was quite hard since when you explore the forest the creature in your belly digests :P) and it seemed to do nothing at all. Somewhat related, I could do with an overall description of what the skills do. I see there is an Indigestible skill, does that mean you can also be eaten yourself? So far none of the monsters I enountered would try to vore me. Also, at what level are you able to swallow the goblins? I got to level 3 and even when he was barely alive I couldn't swallow it.

A bunch of questions for you :P but other than that I enjoyed the game. I like that voring gives slightly more exp (though this didn't always trigger) but even so the leveling speed could use some work.
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Skeiron wrote:Does the Belch skill actually do anything? I have tried it out several times (which was quite hard since when you explore the forest the creature in your belly digests :P) and it seemed to do nothing at all. Somewhat related, I could do with an overall description of what the skills do. I see there is an Indigestible skill, does that mean you can also be eaten yourself? So far none of the monsters I enountered would try to vore me. Also, at what level are you able to swallow the goblins? I got to level 3 and even when he was barely alive I couldn't swallow it.

A bunch of questions for you :P but other than that I enjoyed the game. I like that voring gives slightly more exp (though this didn't always trigger) but even so the leveling speed could use some work.

You need to eat Jon first. It stretches your stomach.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby I_Cant_Write » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:40 am

Skeiron wrote:Does the Belch skill actually do anything? I have tried it out several times (which was quite hard since when you explore the forest the creature in your belly digests :P) and it seemed to do nothing at all. Somewhat related, I could do with an overall description of what the skills do. I see there is an Indigestible skill, does that mean you can also be eaten yourself? So far none of the monsters I enountered would try to vore me. Also, at what level are you able to swallow the goblins? I got to level 3 and even when he was barely alive I couldn't swallow it.

Most (if not all) of the skills are actually not fully or not at all implemented, I was kind of counting on my incredibly slow leveling up system to delay everyone so much that I'd be able to implement everything before anyone gained a level, but it looks like I underestimated you guys a bit. I'll add descriptions, I don't know when but hopefully sometime soon. And yes, you are able to be eaten yourself in theory, but I intend there to be warnings if you're facing a creature that can eat you, and an option to avoid the fight, because the current game mechanics make eating pretty easy for the monsters. There's also a secret stat that determines the largest creature you can eat, so far there's only one way to increase it, which Schpadoinkle pointed out. The vore bonus experience only is supposed to occur about half the time, but I might reduce the frequency and increase the amount.

If you want to add a custom monster, now's your chance. I'm attaching a sample monster on which others can be based, just slip your plain text monster data file with a .vgm extension in /home/username/vgame/custom/monsters/ (or if you use Windows, I think it's something like C:\User\Username\vgame\custom\monsters). Then go to the arena and face your custom monster in combat. You'll need to ensure that it has a .vgm extension, or bizarre things will happen. Also, don't stick anything weird in that directory, that could cause problems too. While I'm listing things to avoid, avoid shoving in syntactically invalid files too.

I should also have fixed all the bugs by tonight, but I'm not very reliable so don't plan your life around it happening.
Attachments
Dragon.txt
A nice, unkillable sample monster
(4.46 KiB) Downloaded 1190 times

I_Cant_Write
Somewhat familiar

Postby warbrand4 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:02 am

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ju4fj458huphnc

I tried to make a custom monster. (I have very bad spelling sorry about that.) also I like this to bad saves do not work.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby wsensor » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:56 am

To get saves to load/save correctly make it show all files when saving/loading.
wsensor
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore Adventure (text-based)

Postby I_Cant_Write » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Okay, I've renamed it to Vore Adventure (it's an adventure in vore) and have fixed some bugs... maybe

Tetrahedra wrote:Lots of potential! Did find one bug, though: After I ate Jon, I went into the forest again before he finished digesting and found another of him. After he digests, it doesn't seem that you can find him anymore, though.

I think I fixed this, but I haven't tested it exhaustively so I can't be sure.

The inn actually does reduce fatigue, it just doesn't update the display to show you so it looks like it does nothing. I think I fixed that, and while I was fixing that I hopefully fixed a few slight inventory problems that could result in infinite coins.

mr_dawg wrote:Choosing to fight Jon then running away doesn't seem take you out of combat, so you end up with an endless stream of messages telling you to finish fighting first.

My first guess at the source of this was horribly wrong, the problem was actually something completely different. Anyway, it should be fixed now.

warbrand4 wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?2ju4fj458huphnc

I tried to make a custom monster. (I have very bad spelling sorry about that.) also I like this to bad saves do not work.

Thanks for your contribution. Also, I've changed the save/load system thanks to you, so hopefully it'll be more polished and user-friendly.

clone4000 wrote:Good stuff i'll be keeping an eye on this.
One stupid question on my part though. How do i select a skill when i level up?

Go to Skills and select one, they'll be blue if you can make a selection (grey if you can't and green if you have the skill)

Okay, I've added no new content (sorry). However, now when you start up, you only have to answer one annoying prompt about your gender. Your name defaults to "Nameless", but if you click it (top-left corner), you can change it to whatever you want. You save and load from the main window now, and I changed the save/load system because it was kind of annoying. Now you have ten slots that you can save to (unfortunately this means you have to change up existing saves, but all you have to do is rename them to Save0.vgs, Save1.vgs, etc. and place them in /home/username/vgame/saves/ (linux), or C:\Users\username\vgame\saves\ (windows)). You load a game once the window has started up, that's a bit of a change so if you find that stale variables hang around from one game to the next, you should probably tell me. I also changed the Arena so that it scroll, that means you can fit a lot more monsters in the directory and still be able to fight them all in-game. Speaking of monsters, I tried out warbrand4's, and once I changed the extension to .vgm, it seemed to work just fine. The latest version now comes with SampleDragon, and if you delete your saved journal it will automatically create SampleDragon.vgm in /home/username/vgame/custom/monsters so that you can take advantage of the monster creation system, something I know you were dying to do. I've also made sure each skill does something, but they don't really do a lot, just something. Sorry Skeiron.

Rachel Babe wrote:Wont work on Mac

I have no idea why that would be, and unfortunately have no way to investigate it myself. I'm starting to think that "compile once, debug everywhere" is a better slogan.

I_Cant_Write
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:15 am

I_Cant_Write wrote:Okay, I've added no new content (sorry). However, now when you start up, you only have to answer one annoying prompt about your gender. Your name defaults to "Nameless", but if you click it (top-left corner), you can change it to whatever you want. You save and load from the main window now, and I changed the save/load system because it was kind of annoying. Now you have ten slots that you can save to (unfortunately this means you have to change up existing saves, but all you have to do is rename them to Save0.vgs, Save1.vgs, etc. and place them in /home/username/vgame/saves/ (linux), or C:\Users\username\vgame\saves\ (windows)). You load a game once the window has started up, that's a bit of a change so if you find that stale variables hang around from one game to the next, you should probably tell me. I also changed the Arena so that it scroll, that means you can fit a lot more monsters in the directory and still be able to fight them all in-game. Speaking of monsters, I tried out warbrand4's, and once I changed the extension to .vgm, it seemed to work just fine. The latest version now comes with SampleDragon, and if you delete your saved journal it will automatically create SampleDragon.vgm in /home/username/vgame/custom/monsters so that you can take advantage of the monster creation system, something I know you were dying to do. I've also made sure each skill does something, but they don't really do a lot, just something. Sorry Skeiron.

Fantastic. Where can I download the newest version?
empatheticapathy
---

Postby nooneudknow » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:07 am

Excellent stuff as everything that comes from you ICW, always been a fan of your works and this doesn't disappoint in the slightest.

Well here's my small test of the monster creation programming, if you don't mind, I may create a couple more custom monsters and post them here for anyone who wants them to download and use.
Innoncent Girl.txt
(4.49 KiB) Downloaded 1127 times
just place it where ICW has been telling you to put it and it should work fine.

And on a few side notes:
Do you mind me calling you ICW?
I've played this quite a bit, messed around with the sample dragon you posted here and found a very easy way to "cheat" your leveling up system, and on my lvl 7402 character for some reason it wouldn't hurt the custom monster I just created above. Which I find a tad odd.
As well, is there a way to slightly adjust your scale of sizing for creatures? The monster I created would be too large for people to swallow if she was normal sized (3- human equivalence) however, 2 is too small (if 1 is a rat, 3 is about 5' 8" then 2 is about 2' 9" give or take) and too simple to swallow, so I was curious if it would be somewhat better to have a scale of the human average being 5 or 10 since the scale can go all the way up to (last number I tested being anyway) 10,000 so as to make it so you can have shorter people in the game, like instead of having everyone either being one height or a midget you can have shorter people as well as slightly taller people/monsters without it being such a drastic jump in the scale since you can't have them be anything but a whole number.

Love the game though! Excellent potential for great expansion and already taking great form. Sorry if it sounds like I'm tearing your game apart, that's not what I'm meaning at all, I'm excessively tired so please excuse me if this comes off as rubbing the fur the wrong way.
I keep trying to add my signature here but the only thing I've done is put ink all over my screen.

I am mediocrities, an average person of mediocre acres.
nooneudknow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game