Vore Adventure (text-based)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore Adventure (text-based)

Postby Miyoko » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Is everyone using a different version or something? I can't find any arenas, nor can I get custom monsters to work. It works if I rename them to SampleDragon.vpg (or whatever the filetype was), but that doesn't seem like the best way to do it...

Perhaps some documentation or readme would be nice? :l
Miyoko
New to the forum

Postby Robert12121 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:23 pm

maraudingmarauder wrote:
Tiiu wrote:Really, really dumb question, but java is kinda foreign to me, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to run this... could somebody walk me through it like I am an idiot?

Same. All the crap I can find about running Jar files on the internet seems to be for unix-based systems. Using the command prompt just tells me java isn't a recognised command, and opening the file with the java executable brings up an error mssage stating that it can't find the main class.

Yeah it took me forever to get it. Make sure you got Java JRE or JDK or whatever installed :D Then open command prompt. I have java.exe in C:\Java\bin\ because I made that a custom directory. I put the Vore Adventure file in same folder. So... In order to get it to work... You got command prompt open right? Good. The directions are simple. In command prompt, in my case, enter:
Code: Select all
C:\Java\bin\java -jar C:\Java\bin\VoreAdventure.jar

This should work. It should immediately run the game. ALSO, for an easier shortcut to do it every time, open notepad. Enter:
C:\Java\bin\java -jar C:\Java\bin\VoreAdventure.jar

Same thing as before. Now, save the text document as a .bat file. A batch file. Now, every time you doubleclick this batch file, it'll run Vore Adventure. :-D You're welcome! Do what I just did, but for your directory for both java.exe and VoreAdventure.jar. Also works with MonsterCreator.jar, but that seems kinda obvious right? ^^;
If I forgot anything, I'll post it in an edit once I figure it out.
Robert12121
New to the forum

Postby Robert12121 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Miyoko wrote:Is everyone using a different version or something? I can't find any arenas, nor can I get custom monsters to work. It works if I rename them to SampleDragon.vpg (or whatever the filetype was), but that doesn't seem like the best way to do it...

Perhaps some documentation or readme would be nice? :l

The game doesn't come with an arena. :neutral: To make it so custom monsters you make work in the game, download this template file I made. Replace <ENEMYFILENAMEHERE> with the filename for your monster. Do NOT include the extension. (Enter SampleDragon, NOT SampleDragon.vgm.) Also, rename the text file to the name of your area. Ex: Change the name to Woods.vgp to make the name of the area to Woods. I have attached the example I used here. Move the file (in this case Woods.vgp) to your Vore Adventure custom places directory. My directory is
C:\Users\Robert\voreadventure\custom\places\
Now when you open the game, your new area shall appear. Click it, and you should enter the battle with the monster you chose. If you use my example I put, you'll battle the sample dragon. And that is how you get custom monsters to work. :-D
Attachments
Enemy Battle Template.txt
Template File
(86 Bytes) Downloaded 508 times
Woods.txt
Example File. To use, change extension from txt to vgp.
(79 Bytes) Downloaded 511 times
Robert12121
New to the forum

Postby empatheticapathy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Robert12121 wrote:The game doesn't come with an arena. :neutral: To make it so custom monsters you make work in the game, download this template file I made. Replace <ENEMYFILENAMEHERE> with the filename for your monster. Do NOT include the extension. (Enter SampleDragon, NOT SampleDragon.vgm.) Also, rename the text file to the name of your area. Ex: Change the name to Woods.vgp to make the name of the area to Woods. I have attached the example I used here. Move the file (in this case Woods.vgp) to your Vore Adventure custom places directory. My directory is
C:\Users\Robert\voreadventure\custom\places\
Now when you open the game, your new area shall appear. Click it, and you should enter the battle with the monster you chose. If you use my example I put, you'll battle the sample dragon. And that is how you get custom monsters to work. :-D

So we can add custom monsters to any area?
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Big_D » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:46 am

i've tried doing what you said to do but the custom place i made doesn't appear, also is there any way to increase the belly size to eat larger enimes?
still like the game good work on it
Darkness entwines a foolish young heart but the brave will always ring true.......yeah right ;p
Patreon account https:https://www.patreon.com/Yubel
Big_D
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby I_Cant_Write » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:17 pm

I... AM... THE NECROMANCER!!

Once again this thread will live, possibly. To address my long absence, I will now tell a hypothetical story that is in no way related to what actually happened.

Once upon a time, there was a dunce with a vision. He created VoreAdventure. Then real life complications prevented him from working on it, and he threw out some of his old technology for a tech upgrade. Unfortunately, he was a dunce and, having forgotten that he had many valuable files saved on his old technology, he ended up losing the source code to VoreAdventure.

Many years later, he brushed the dust off the old project and tried to restart it. It took but several seconds for him to recall why he abandoned it; the master source was missing. Without it, he had no hope. This time, however, less possessed by apathy, he decompiled his last release and reobtained the source. Sadly, the best source he could obtain was but a shadow of its former glory.

Ashamed at his massive failure, it took him many more long years to return to the faithful, bearing a horrible new version recompiled from the fixed decompiled source. He could only hope he would not be burned at the stake.

tl;dr
I lost the source code to VoreAdventure when I junked my old computer, and so I had to decompile the latest version, fix it, and then recompile it.

If anyone who plans on using this game in the future could do me a huge favor, I would appreciate it if you could all download the "VoreAdventure_Test". Then play it a little bit. See if it works. I have more and great plans for this, but I first want to ensure that there are still people who would be willing to play, else I'll not waste my time. Additionally, the MonsterCreator source was lost. It is proving more difficult to reconstruct, which is a shame since a lot of my future plans hinge completely around it.

Also, if you've ever complained about a bug and it remains unfixed, PM me. Sometimes I miss things, and it has been a while.
"Shill, shill, shill." shilled the shill.

I_Cant_Write
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ragnarahk » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Holycrapyou'realive! That's awesome. I cracked into your text adventure about a year ago and was really sad when I couldn't mess with the monster creator or really do much. It has amazing amounts of potential, especially when paired with a vore community like Eka's. I'm about to test the crap out of this b****.
Ragnarahk
Somewhat familiar

Postby vintious » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Looks like weight no longer increases when you eat rats... never managed to find jon, only gave it about 30 explores though.

Maybe now we might get to see the infamous wolfess for once.
Last edited by vintious on Mon May 21, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Disagreeable
vintious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:16 pm

I am totally still interested in this project.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby SollusDellager » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:17 pm

fantastic. im glad to see this still going, I always have had a soft spot for text based games. and we wont burn you!
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-Douglas Adams,
SollusDellager
Participator

Postby Onewingedangel » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:27 pm

I played the test, and fought a few rats and a goblin. When I found a kid (presumably Jon) he faded into 1's and 0's, and then I was 'busy doing something' so none of the actions worked anymore. Glad to see the project is back!
Onewingedangel
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ragnarahk » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:45 pm

TOO MANY RATS. I do literally anything and rats attack me, that's the biggest issue. There is little to see or do. The rats' programmed 'encounter' text says that they jump out from behind trees or bushes sometimes even when I'm in the desert. 'Jon' is buggy as hell. ^ See above ^. Also, I think faster growth and more skills would be nice.

BUT! I do love this idea's potential. Users uploading their own text monsters will be awesome if you can get it back online.
Ragnarahk
Somewhat familiar

Postby linko736 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Love to see this come back. Had lots of fun making custom enemies back when it was around at first, but the lack of updates kinda drew me away.. But now I'll be much more likely to get back into it.
linko736
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jit » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:07 am

----------
Last edited by Jit on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jit
Somewhat familiar

Postby talonthunderstrike » Mon May 21, 2012 12:42 am

I'm super interested in this thing myself. I've played around with it a bunch of times, and I think I have that monster creator program, though I think it might be the bugged out version that doesn't completely work... anyways, good luck and I'd love to see more~
talonthunderstrike
New to the forum

Postby Kaejer » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:00 pm

I'm interested in this project. Is it still being updated?

I was thinking about making a bundle of fairly generic creations and maybe some special ones as well to release in a .rar file on here. I also already input some other people's creations and just updated it to the 2.0.0 version of the game. I need to look up how to make custom areas before I can put them in somewhere, though.

Do you have the source code uploaded somewhere? I wouldn't mind editing some of it if I get bored.
Kaejer
New to the forum

Postby Skittles209 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:49 am

I am having fun playing this game but after reading all the posts I am confused. Some say you can use custom creatures but never give a clue as to how and there is an arena where you can fight custom creatures. How so you do this? Someone please tell me. I feel like I am missing out on something great!
Skittles209
Participator

Postby Skittles209 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:01 am

I am having fun playing this game but after reading all the posts I am confused. Some say you can use custom creatures but never give a clue as to how and there is an arena where you can fight custom creatures. How so you do this? Someone please tell me. I feel like I am missing out on something great!
Skittles209
Participator

Postby maraudingmarauder » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:28 am

I'm wondering whether it's actually possible to escape a stomach...
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby geitzblitz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:10 pm

i cant seem to vore any of my custom monsters, i even have the size set as 1 but it never works even when they are almost dead. if anyone could it would be appreciated
geitzblitz
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game