Vore Adventure (text-based)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore Adventure (text-based)

Postby Zavvnao » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:52 pm

I downloaded and extracted, how do I make it start? :'c
Zavvnao
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SomeGuy1294 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:31 am

Robert12121 wrote:
Miyoko wrote:Is everyone using a different version or something? I can't find any arenas, nor can I get custom monsters to work. It works if I rename them to SampleDragon.vpg (or whatever the filetype was), but that doesn't seem like the best way to do it...

Perhaps some documentation or readme would be nice? :l

The game doesn't come with an arena. :neutral: To make it so custom monsters you make work in the game, download this template file I made. Replace <ENEMYFILENAMEHERE> with the filename for your monster. Do NOT include the extension. (Enter SampleDragon, NOT SampleDragon.vgm.) Also, rename the text file to the name of your area. Ex: Change the name to Woods.vgp to make the name of the area to Woods. I have attached the example I used here. Move the file (in this case Woods.vgp) to your Vore Adventure custom places directory. My directory is
Code: Select all
C:\Users\Robert\voreadventure\custom\places\
Now when you open the game, your new area shall appear. Click it, and you should enter the battle with the monster you chose. If you use my example I put, you'll battle the sample dragon. And that is how you get custom monsters to work. :-D

Just now found this post. I love you.
SomeGuy1294
???

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sun May 05, 2013 8:32 am

How do I find the arena?
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby geitzblitz » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:55 am

How the hell do u find Jon, he never turns up for me
geitzblitz
New to the forum

Postby SalemXIII » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:06 am

it keeps freezing every time I reach level three. D:>
SalemXIII
New to the forum

Location: Drifting through the endless aethers of the internet and my mind...

Postby Dmariin » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:49 am

So I played around with the custom monsters, and everything except for vore works just fine
The monsters can eat my character, but I can't eat them, no matter what
I tried checking vore, unchecking it (I know it means the monster can eat YOU, I was just troubleshooting), changing size, etc.
Nothing seems to work, is it an issue with the game or am I just not doing something right?
Dmariin
New to the forum

Postby vintious » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Considering it's an old unsupported engine, I suggest giving up.
Disagreeable
vintious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tttt0000 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:13 am

I found a major bug relating to leveling up and skills.

When i got to level 2 i was able to pick 2 skills insted of 1 like i have seen in other games. The number of skills i can pick gets higher depending on the level. So when i got to level 3 i could only pick one skill, while the game would not let me close the perk section untile i picked 2 other skills. Please add more skills or fix the bug i cant continue past level 2 till it is fixed.

Other then that the game is great!
tttt0000
New to the forum

Postby FlowingFireAndIce » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Anybody wouldn't happen to have a older version of this game?
FlowingFireAndIce
New to the forum

Postby Snowytiggy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:35 am

I would love to see this continued, and would love tips on how to create items to increase your stomach size. I reaaaaally want to eat the militia men and the villagers, but I can't manage it with current size. I saw reference to someone who increased the vore cap with a template file, but the original post seems to have vanished. does anyone have it, and does it still work?
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheIsWhatIget » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:36 am

I love this game. But one thing confuses me. Why is there a monster creator if you can't implement them ourselves?
TheIsWhatIget
New to the forum

Postby ArbokVore » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:57 pm

What am I supposed to do with the JAR file? My computor dosn't know, that's for sure.
ArbokVore
New to the forum

Postby semeolvida » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:00 pm

for the ones that don't know how open this game use java(tm) platfrom se binary is what i use
semeolvida
New to the forum

Postby eatmeplease » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:23 pm

This doesn't seem to work anymore. I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at main.Main.writeMonster(Main.java:164)
at main.Main.main(Main.java:41)
... 5 more

I am using:
java version "1.7.0_71"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.71-b01, mixed mode)

And my system info is: Linux TERMINAL-BMRF-9 3.17.7-gentoo #1 SMP Thu Dec 18 21:30:18 EST 2014 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
eatmeplease
---

Postby I_Cant_Write » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:26 am

I'm kind of an asshole for disappearing without a word for a long time, but I'm back now. Kind of. Possibly.

New downloads here (in the OP too, but who looks at that): http://aryion.com/content/vore-adventure-text-based

Nothing to get too excited about. The actual code of this thing is ugly as sin, so after dusting it off I spent more time re-factoring it than adding anything new, although that should have quashed several bugs that existed because I don't test things well. Luckily, spending all that time trying to figure out what my own code did gave me the chance to run into issues I didn't even know about, and (try to) fix them. The only big-ish thing that I actually did change was the vore system, which I decided I didn't like. It is now a shameless rip-off (idea-wise) of the one noone used in his text adventure game. Except currently it's more of a pain in the ass, but that'll be worked on.

I've also updated the monster creator and bundled it with the game, because why not. I've also personally written a custom lizard-gladiator-monster-woman-thing for people to open with the monster creator (found in 'unzipme.zip', along with a custom area for her), because looking back at it some of the tabs are titled incomprehensibly ('Attack', 'Attacked', 'Eat', 'Eaten', 'Failedeat', 'Failedeaten'... what the fuck does that mean?) owing to the fact that they are named directly after the actual variable names in the code. Seeing what sort of things I wrote under which tab should give an idea for what kind of event each tab would be called upon to describe.

I also added cheats, but only for me.

As far as actual features go, I stress that I haven't really added much, but that's because I want to fix the framework before doing anything else. My vision for this project was a highly extensible and customizable game, and though I can't say I've come anywhere close to achieving it (yet), the priorities are engine and mechanics over content for the moment. If I continue to work on this, I will probably try to bring the content I already have back up to standard (some of the new changes mean that the old areas/npcs/events/whatever actually have less going on now than they did before), but I'll try to work on content creation tools before actual content.

Minor changes include minor weight tweaks (you slowly lose weight if you don't eat, your apparent weight increases when you've eaten something, etc.), adding more places for NPC-specific text to appear in and out of combat (mostly in), reduction of the fatigue penalties for eating things, removal of death by fatigue, improvements to the leveling-up and saving code, and some changes to the inventory that should fix a bug where items would get deleted if you tried to use them at an invalid time.

Let me know what you think.
"Shill, shill, shill." shilled the shill.

I_Cant_Write
Somewhat familiar

Postby anthony050 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:31 am

Really enjoyed it before. Feels a little empty now though as the only thing to do in the village is to sleep at the inn. Otherwise am I enjoying it. and nice that you're back

Edit: I might have confused this whit another Vore Text-based game. XP sorry for that. Still enjoy it though
Last edited by anthony050 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
anthony050
Participator

Postby Midir » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:47 am

How do I add custom monsters to the game? Not sure if it's working. I mean, the ones from the custom folder.
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FlowingFireAndIce » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:30 am

"Sadly, another promising individual fell to the scourge of our lands that is Kitten. Better luck next time!"

The monster creator is a joy that cannot be replaced.
FlowingFireAndIce
New to the forum

Postby I_Cant_Write » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:19 pm

Midir wrote:How do I add custom monsters to the game? Not sure if it's working. I mean, the ones from the custom folder.

VoreAdventure should create a folder in your home directory (generally something along the lines of 'C:\Users\*yourusername*\voreadventure\custom\monsters' on Windows). Place custom monster files inside and the game will be able to find them.

Mind that you won't actually encounter custom monsters anywhere in the game unless there is a custom area that contains encounters with the custom monster. 'unzipme.zip' contains a sample custom monster along with a sample custom area for it (and also apparently a stupid-looking little test file that I forgot to delete, oops!) to appear in, for instance.

FlowingFireAndIce wrote:"Sadly, another promising individual fell to the scourge of our lands that is Kitten. Better luck next time!"

The monster creator is a joy that cannot be replaced.

^^
"Shill, shill, shill." shilled the shill.

I_Cant_Write
Somewhat familiar

Postby FlowingFireAndIce » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:07 pm

What is request and requested for?
FlowingFireAndIce
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game