Voreland project

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Voreland project

Postby krishna3ca » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi,

I decided to open a thread to talk about the new project that I'm working on : The Vorelands. The goal is to get a maximum of ideas as, since the engine is in developpment, it is easier to make modifications now. It doesn't mean that I will implement all ideas (that would be impossible), but the more ideas, the better the end game will be.

The Voreland is a RPG inspired from a old pc game called Darklands. It is an event based RPG instead of a linear one. The rule system will be close to the third edition of dungeons and dragons.

Here a brief overview of what is already implemented or will be implemented :

- You can choose the sex of the character.
- You can choose the character name and last name.
- You can choose your race, which can give you some various bonus.
- You can choose your alignment, which can an impact on which god you can worship.
- You can choose a god to worship, which is (or could) be important in yours choices of feats.
- You can assign your starting stats (like strength, intelligence and the like)
- There is akill system similar to the one one the D20 system and you can assign rank to them.
- There is also a list of feat, which you can choose some feat in it.
- You can choose a sprite in the list avaiable for your race. You can also choose a sound pack (voice, burping sound, etc.)
- You can choose the HP, MP, Stamina and Psp dice that you get by levelling up.
- Finally, you can choose the character sexual orientation.
- Randoms items made by 3 layers of enchantments aand materials.
- Encounters that scale up as the player gain levels.
- Possibility to control or make multiples characters.
- Automatic turn base combat.
- Event based of preference (exemple, if someone doesn't like scat, theses event don't come up. The same thing apply to vore types and sex)
- Others things (less importants)

The engine will use Java, but no database. Game data will be in xml files would be easy to modify. In fact, there will be a basic mod system that will allow to add or modify content without modifying the original files. This will allow the game to run on others pc than windows.

For this kind of project, I divide it in 3 parts : the engine, the rule system and the game content. Is this the engine that determine what is possible to do with the game rule and it is the game rule that tell you what you can do do with the game content. Right now I'm working on the engine. I won't work on the 2 others parts before the engine is done. What that mean is that not all the engine's options will be in the final game. Some options may not be used or are incorpored later. Also, this mean that I not entire sure what the final game will be.

This project is a work in progress. It will take a long time. My plan is to release a engine test when the engine will be almost done. I cannot call it a beta as the game rule or the game content may be different from the final game.

Here some screen shot of the current engine. There is none from the combat part as it is not coded yet.
Attachments
screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
screen3.jpg
screen4.jpg
screen5.jpg
screen6.jpg
screen7.jpg
screen8.jpg
screen9.jpg
screen10.jpg
screen11.jpg
krishna3ca
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Voreland project

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:27 pm

Looks promising. And seen as for the next few months I can't work on Space Odyssey I approve of a new and less clunky project from ya Krishnac.
darkevilme
---

Postby Shadowlyger » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:59 pm

As long as there is Unbirth, I approve. Vigorously.

Full steam ahead! Vgame was awesome and I'm sure this will be too.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Liz » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:24 pm

Interesting indeed.

I can help give ideas on the storyline and dealing with characters etc and if you need me to work on sprites again I could find time to do that :D

I have 500 odd sprites that I was at some stage convert to the Vgame but never got around to them. If you want to look at them just ask away and I can send them over as a Zip file and work on the ones if you want me to or you can do it on your own. Up to you :)

I have not played DnD style game but I should be able to get use to it later on :D
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby Iceninja » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:17 am

krishna3ca wrote:- You can choose the sex of the character.

You can't see me, but I'm doing ****ing back-flips right now. Thank you for starting this project, Krishna3ca. I can't wait to play it... Though it sounds like I'll have to. :D
Iceninja
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Indighost » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:50 am

Interesting...best of luck to you on this project, krishna! It looks very ambitious. As far as ideas, I feel that the games I enjoyed most were the ones where you could interact with many characters i many ways, like in Baldur's Gate or the Elder Scrolls games. As for me...this only increases my motivation to complete the engine and move further on my vore rpg :)
Indighost
---

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:25 am

You want ideas?
Well, I'd love the ability to talk to enemies. You could then do things like negotiate your way out of a fight, find out if there are any things of interest (ie: quests) in the area, or even just tell your opponent how much you'd love for them to eat you. On the flip-side, you might say the wrong thing and piss off the enemy, increasing their attack and possibly letting them get a free hit on you. Hell, the player could trade items/money with the enemy, or it might work as an alternative way to resolve quests. More devious enemies might do things like say they'll help you if you pay them, and then just run off with your money. Stupid/brutish/lovecraftian enemies could just not respond to speech at all.
It strikes me as a good way to make charisma an important stat, and to increase the importance of skills like "Seduce", or "intimidate" (although really any skill could conceivably come up in a conversation. I could definitely see a scenario where an enemy will let you pass peacefully if you tell them something they want to know, or prove that you're 'worthy' of receiving whatever they're guarding.).
Like the guy above me says: Interacting with NPCs is FUN.

Yea? Nay? Too hard to implement? Elaborate more?

Also, can't tell if the 'sexual orientation' box lets you select both and be bisexual.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby ian66613 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:01 am

breast Vore <3
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Aleph-Null » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:00 am

Very cool to see you moving forward with this.

As for ideas, I have a bit of input.

I have always loved when games add some aspect of simulation of economy and ecology. I find that this really helps with a sense of immersion. This doesn't have to be super in-depth. Perhaps enemies have a max population in an area, as you kill them it decreases the odds of seeing those enemies in events. Different areas or creatures could recruit enemies at different rates. If an area became devoid of all enemies of a type, there would be a random chance per a time period of a different enemy type to move into that area.

Similarly, you could have a functioning economy based on the movements of merchants on a world map. Different towns could contribute different resources to trade. Damage to a towns population could limit the supply of a resource and thus drive the price up.

Obviously you could expand a great deal on the above, but the point of the suggestion is to add feel to the game.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby didhejustsaythat » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:36 am

breast vore.
after digestion descriptions. like if another female were to eat you. to have it talk about the the gaining more fat on her chest or something nlike that.
and with that said, i have to say i wanna suggest F/F same size vore. lol
DHJST
vore code: VC_3.0_55090999551167359711198_99193999691357359711397_93913378819998_991519971152559911999972799978548_8
didhejustsaythat
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Maybe » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:31 am

DO WANT.
Maybe
Been posting for a bit

Postby Raptor1 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:13 am

Maybe wrote:DO WANT.

As do I!
And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die!
Raptor1
Participator

Postby Schpadoinkle » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:22 am

empatheticapathy wrote:You want ideas?
Well, I'd love the ability to talk to enemies. You could then do things like negotiate your way out of a fight, find out if there are any things of interest (ie: quests) in the area, or even just tell your opponent how much you'd love for them to eat you. On the flip-side, you might say the wrong thing and piss off the enemy, increasing their attack and possibly letting them get a free hit on you. Hell, the player could trade items/money with the enemy, or it might work as an alternative way to resolve quests. More devious enemies might do things like say they'll help you if you pay them, and then just run off with your money. Stupid/brutish/lovecraftian enemies could just not respond to speech at all.
It strikes me as a good way to make charisma an important stat, and to increase the importance of skills like "Seduce", or "intimidate" (although really any skill could conceivably come up in a conversation. I could definitely see a scenario where an enemy will let you pass peacefully if you tell them something they want to know, or prove that you're 'worthy' of receiving whatever they're guarding.).
Like the guy above me says: Interacting with NPCs is FUN.

I'd love this, except being able to trick NPCs/enemies into letting you eat them. So many vore games involve the player being prey. I wanna be able to stuff myself with NPCs.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Riko » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:26 am

Will the vore be in battle or will it be win/lose vore ? Or both ? ;D Thihihihi It sure sounds awesome. From what I've read it'll be possible to add our own characters.. Is that true ?

Also, I see two familiar faces. Does that mean that ALL of the characters of VGame will be in this game ?
Same size ? But I'm only 5'0 !
Riko
Participator

Postby Heady9 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:41 pm

so, before I throw out any suggestions, Just how much like Darklands will it be? Will it be mostly point and click like Darklands, or will you still have the same movement options as Vgame? Is the combat turned based or will it be similar to the real time thing with vgame? Just trying to get an idea of the framework.

Nice to see this project moving forward, otherwise!
I make comments and posts when I should be sleeping. You have been warned
Heady9
Somewhat familiar

Postby Vizix » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Iceninja wrote:
krishna3ca wrote:- You can choose the sex of the character.

You can't see me, but I'm doing ****ing back-flips right now. Thank you for starting this project, Krishna3ca. I can't wait to play it... Though it sounds like I'll have to. :D

Same here man, I find it hard to really get into playing a girl. Also many of the ideas brought up are nice, I also like the check box idea, being able to choose what you like. That means that there is much more work to do though. Also, any possibility of multiplayer? :lol: Although I probably shouldn't even ask, there are never enough to play multiplayer, and server hosting is though. :(
Vizix
Participator

Postby e2s86 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 pm

nice 8O
e2s86
Somewhat familiar

Postby krishna3ca » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:20 pm

darkevilme : It will take a while before the project become playable. It will probably take more than a few months just for the engine test.

Shadowlyger : The engine will support all kind of vore tha go like this : the prey dissapear the battle map, take damage while being digested and return in the same or another form later. New types of vore can be added to the game just by modifying the configs (still, it won't make sprites). Unbirth is one of interest, so it will vry unlikely that it won't be in the game.

Madness : Ideas for the story or sprites will be welcome. Right now, it is much too early for that as it is game content and I'm not working on that at this stage of the project.

Iceninja : Indeed

Indighost : Multiple interactions with characters is very interesting. The only downfall is that it require time and time is limited. The question become if I have to spend a few hours to make 1 hour of content, is-it best to invest it in a content that everyone will see or in a content that only somes players will see ? This is a hard one to answer. Hopefully the vorelands is event based, maybe it will be more easy than the Vgame.

empatheticapathy : Thing like to talk you out from a fight or just evade a fight by sneaking around is something planned. Many skills can be used before combat/events depending of the situation. The currently skills list is not definitive. Somes new one can be added or removed easily as they are not harcoded. They are in a config file.

For the sexual orientation, you choose more than one (if the game let you, as it is possible to impose somes options during the main character creation.). Also, it is possible to add new sex like dickgirl (not that is something I plan to make content). It is a congig option.

ian66613 : Like I said before, the engine support it. I'm not really interested in breast vore, so I don't know if I will make some game content for it. If I do it will be very limited. Also, if one character can do multiple vore with different base sprite (one for standard vore, one for breasts vore), the way the engine work, it could make an explosions of sprites.

Aleph-Null : Theses are excellents ideas. I didn't think of thoses. I will if I can implement them. Right now, I thing the engine support a limited versions of thoses ideas.

didhejustsaythat : The engine will support this. I doubt that there will be a description for each battles deaths, but it will certainly have some for scripted ones.

Schpadoinkle : There will have some, but probably less than the reverse. It is hard to make a relatively beliving encounters when the characters turn hostiles characters that want to kill you into willing prey. Then again, this is a vore game and vore doesn't alway make sense.

Riko : There will be vore battle and scripted deaths or even a mix of the two at the same time (like you enter combat being eaten).

For a custom character, yes it is possible. The possibles race and sprites are configurable in config files. In theory, one can create a character with unique ability like specials attacks.
For the VGame sprites, a lot of them will probably re-used to save time.

Heady9 : The overall map is point and click. The combat system will be also point and click (it is not done yet, but is is what I want) and probably a drop down box for quicker access. The combat is an automatic turn based-combat (which mean each character act separatly, but you don't have to tell each round what to do. I plan something like a gambit system much like final fantasy 12. To give new orders, the player will pause the game, select the character and select the appropriate action (maybe if it is one time action or a repetitive one) and resume the combat. They will probaly have some in-game option about this like pause every round, follow action, etc.

lolcp123 : No, there won't be any multiplayer. Multiplayer come with a lot of technical problems and even more of logicals problems. It is way too much work.

Krishna3ca
krishna3ca
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Well, it doesn't have to make them willing prey, although throwing one or a few willing in there adds to the variety, and after fighting with someone to get them down my throat, sometimes I'd like someone who'd do the work for me~.

But yeah, I didn't mean to make them willing by talking to them, just to make them more vulnerable and easier to eat. Although making them willing occasionally would be nice.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Metalforever » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Me gusta *V*

I can't wait to see what updates we see in the coming months/year.
Metalforever
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game