Voreland project

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voreland project

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:08 pm

vore2412 wrote:I kinda anticipated this necroing and took liberty to pm the great krishna, here is the response I got back on the 25 Dec:

Hi,

The project is not dead, but because of some personals problems, I didn't work on it much. The time I put in it, compared to the work to be done, it almost like as the project has been on pause. There is not enough material for me to update the thread.

Krishna3ca

So people, be patient, Krishna will not abandon us, but life can happen.

Iceninja wrote:Thanks for the update, vore2412. It's nice to know the project is still alive and kicking.

It's always nice to at least be reassured that progress is being made, or at the very least, it hasn't been abandoned. The same could be applied to ALL projects, like the Brony Project "Super Smash Ponies".
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:28 pm

Oh Krishna, a couple questions: 1. Will EVERYONE be able to do all the vore types for their gender(I.E. Females able to unbirth)? and 2. With multiple people in a party, can your characters have some... fun?(I.E. Two of my female characters make-out with each-other, and maybe one eat the other, but let them out later?)
Hmm, I just thought of another, but I'll wait for your answer before I ask it.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Snorlaxkid » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:12 am

Turbotowns wrote: With multiple people in a party, can your characters have some... fun?(I.E. Two of my female characters make-out with each-other, and maybe one eat the other, but let them out later?)

All of my this.

I can imagine having a catgirl party member gobble up everyone else in my party for the night and let them out in the morning... maybe.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby krishna3ca » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Turbotowns :

1) No. For 2 reasons :
- Not all sprites will have animations for all type of vore. It will require too much time to do so.
- In the game universe, normal women can only use oral vore. Others types (unbirth, anal, etc.) can only be used by supernatural creatures (likes demons, fairies and others outerplanars creatures) naturally. Others will have to use magic or others supernaturals powers, which is uncommon.
2) Interaction with party members is not well defined at the moment.

As for an update, I been working in the past two months on an idea that could have an major impact on this project. It is still experimental, so it might not work. The idea is basically to create a semi-persistent world that support multiplayer.

Krishna3ca
krishna3ca
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KamiKaze1337 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:54 pm

So your trying to make a Vore MMO? A VMO?
KamiKaze1337
Participator

Postby Zond » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:39 pm

I will wait for updates :silly:
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tomo » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:44 am

Zond wrote:I will wait for updates :silly:

Yes, wait... along with the rest of us in silence.

Posting just to say you're waiting for an update is just wrong,
No need to necro a thread and give people hope about an update.
Don't get me wrong, we are all looking forward to an update,
but posting such messages for no specific purpose is just wrong.

We are all waiting so be nice and wait patiently like the rest of us, in silence.
Tomo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:17 am

I feel horrible about necroing a thread like this, but I'm having an "OP will surely deliver" moment and want to know if this project is still alive.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby vore2412 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:43 pm

This is as the 30th of January this year, I again got curious whether the game would continue, this is the response.

Hi,

The project is not dead. In my last post, I have mentioned that I was trying to transform the game into a persistent multi-player game. This change came with a lot of modifications to the game design and the technology used. I didn't want to post an update before I was at least at the same point where I was before the change.

So far, I didn't test the multi-player thing, but I'm almost there. I had to remake the character creation process first (which is done, but tested at 80%).

They are few others thing that are done, like a conversation windows to allows players to communicate with each others, keyboard control to move the character, and animation/sound system (which work, but are not used yet).

My initial idea was to post something when the I know if the multi-player thing work. I'm not sure now if I will do that then or wait to have some player to player interaction first.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby eatmeplease » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:12 am

Java means it will work on Linux right? Also, M/M vore too?
eatmeplease
---

Postby Aleph-Null » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:30 am

I don't recall if M/M was confirmed. I know you can be male, and Krishna stated that alternative types of vore could be modded in.

If M/M content is not in by default, you would probably just have to submit sprites for it.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:35 am

So it's going to be a multiplayer game now?

That's too bad. Was hoping it'd be single player like the other one.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:17 pm

krishna3ca wrote:Turbotowns :

1) No. For 2 reasons :
- Not all sprites will have animations for all type of vore. It will require too much time to do so.
- In the game universe, normal women can only use oral vore. Others types (unbirth, anal, etc.) can only be used by supernatural creatures (likes demons, fairies and others outerplanars creatures) naturally. Others will have to use magic or others supernaturals powers, which is uncommon.
2) Interaction with party members is not well defined at the moment.

As for an update, I been working in the past two months on an idea that could have an major impact on this project. It is still experimental, so it might not work. The idea is basically to create a semi-persistent world that support multiplayer.

Krishna3ca

Can we play as fairies who CAN unbirth?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Skeiron » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Schpadoinkle wrote:So it's going to be a multiplayer game now?

That's too bad. Was hoping it'd be single player like the other one.

"A persistent world that supports multiplayer" is not the same as "it is multiplayer only", no need to be glum ^^;

For one, I think this is really phenomenal. The project was already ambitious before! I am looking forward with renewed interest :)
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby krishna3ca » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi,

Here is an update on the project :

The project has gone through some fundamentals changes for technical and practicals reasons. Theses changes add some good and bad things. Here some details :

- The game is now a persistent multiplayer game. It will require an internet connection to play. The content will be centered for single player.
- Since it is a multiplayer game, this make modding the rule system not possible, leaving only the client (which it is in html) to be modifiable.
- The overall map system is out as it will cause some bizarre time dilatation problems between players if it is still used.
- The combat system is real time, not turn base.
- Since the game is now always in "tactical" mode, this give better possibility with npc interaction and third party vore action (npc that vore another npc)

As right now, here a rough list of what is done and working : login system, character creation, players movements, conversations between players and animations and sounds systems. Since the game is no longer in java, coding take way less time than before.

There is still some unanswered questions about this project (like what happen on a player's character death, how the xp and loot will be given, after how many connected players the game will start to lag, etc.)

As for the game rule system (playable races, list of feats, list of spells and abilities, etc.), I'm not totally sure of what it will be. The is some balance issue about it and what will be possible to do with the engine or with the available sprites. (I don't think it will be possible to play a fairy as it would be too powerful, but a half fey could be possible and would have access to unbirth as they still count as magical creatures).

The universe that the game will be will only have female predators. For male predator, I think to add a concept of alternate gender will allow male predator without breaking immersion for others. Unfortunately for male pred, this is low on my priority list and there is a good chance that it won't happen as there is a lot of content to create after the engine is done and others cool things like global world events that I want to do.

Here a screenshot of what it looks now. The 2 girls are actually 2 different players characters.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
krishna3ca
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Liz » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Mulit player.... Liz can finally eat people in games <3 Be a priestess with prey under her robe as she RPs in WOW XD

Keep up the good work krishna3ca, :)
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby Schpadoinkle » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Was interested in this game until the possibility of multiplayer came up. Especially with the constant internet connection being required.

Plus I'm not even sure how you're going to do it. What about server costs?
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ThrobbertDarwin » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:59 pm

Schpadoinkle wrote:Was interested in this game until the possibility of multiplayer came up. Especially with the constant internet connection being required.

Plus I'm not even sure how you're going to do it. What about server costs?

This.
yiff my murr hole oWo
ThrobbertDarwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby krishna3ca » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Well, the server is a websocket server, not a standard web server. All the resources (graphics and sounds) will be hosted on the the client and not sent to the players, so the only communication between the server is a a small string of characters that tell the client to move a id on the map which should greatly limit the bandwidth. Also, it doesn't need to work on the 80 port so it can be hosted anywhere without a commercial access to internet.

Finally, the vore community is not that big. I would be surprised, except maybe at first, that there is more than 10 to 20 peoples playing at once.

If this project work, I will try to host the server myself. I believe my internet connection will be enough for this and so the only cost will be a register domain name (even then, I could just use a IP adress but it will need to be updated two or three times per year).

If there is a problem with the current server setup, I believe it would come from the CPU which will limit the maximum of players connected at the same time. With the server that I have now, I believe it will be enough for the 10 to 20 players.

This is far from a certain thing, but I believe it could work.
krishna3ca
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:02 pm

Well that answers that. Still not interested in a multiplayer game, though. Hope this works out for you at least.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game