Voreland project

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Voreland project

Postby Aleph-Null » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:27 pm

You said that the game will not be modable due to the game logic being handled server side. Would you be willing to release the server side code so that the community could run and possibly mod a server?

I was also wondering what you mean by "combat is realtime." As in there are no ticks? If you spam movement you will just fly off screen similar to most MUDs? Or are there effective ticks due to global cool downs?
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:21 pm

Well isn't this exciting. Your reputation for slow steady work comes through again Krisch3na. Good to see you've set a goal for your game, both ambitious and reasonable. I really look forward to seeing this come along.

You mentioned you're not using java this time around, what language are you using instead? or is this built using an engine?
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby eatmeplease » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:46 am

Aleph-Null wrote:You said that the game will not be modable due to the game logic being handled server side. Would you be willing to release the server side code so that the community could run and possibly mod a server?

This! Without male preds I'm afraid I will have no interest in playing.
eatmeplease
---

Postby krishna3ca » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:25 am

Hi,

Aleph-Null : I will probably release the code once the engine is stable. One idea that I have, but don't fully develop and code (as it is quite time consuming and perhaps not really useful) is the possibility to transfer a character to another server.

As for the combat in real time, each actions as a variable cooldown, depending of the action and the speed of the character. There isn't a global tick (except for time/round effects).

Erecant :
The client is in html and javascript (jquery)
The websocket server is Ratchet, written in php (in retrospective, I would now use Node.js for that server)
The DM module (a cli interface that will manage things not triggered by players like npc, digestion damage, end of time driven effect, etc.) will probably be written in php too.
The database is Mysql but can be replaced with Maria db or any mysql like database.
krishna3ca
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby panolito » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:43 am

With what version of java will this run? I have an old version for your vgame and would like to know if I can run both with one version of java.
panolito
Somewhat familiar

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:14 pm

krishna3ca wrote:I believe it will be enough for the 10 to 20 players.

I believe you underestimate the number of people who will want to play this when it first comes out by JUST a little. I wouldn't be surprised if 4-5 people at a time can't get in for fear of crashing the server.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:47 pm

I would not be surprised if, once it's all finished, and following an initial run, Krishna3ca released a package for server side support. Allowing for fans to set up their own servers, thus relieving him of the burden of maintenance. This also would free things up for potential modders, as server operators would have access to the database files.

This has the potential to become a powerful, and widely customizable engine with the possibility of several active servers being run, each with differing settings, configurations, or even worlds should modders care to delve deep enough.

To say I'm excited for the future of this project would be a gross understatement. Best of luck Krishna3ca, take your time to make something great!
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:23 pm

@Panolito,

This game will not require Java. Javascript is different than Java. I am assuming the game will run out of a browser window. There shouldn't be any compatibility issues with vgame.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:41 pm

Aleph-Null wrote:@Panolito,

This game will not require Java. Javascript is different than Java. I am assuming the game will run out of a browser window. There shouldn't be any compatibility issues with vgame.

Speaking of vgame... it had just ceased working.
Turbotowns
???

Postby aethirshero » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:00 am

I was excited when I first heard about this project. Having looked over the updates from Krishna now, updates I am very thankful for, I can say that I am even more excited than I was to begin with. It's true that there is a little hesitation about a fully multiplayer game, but at the same time what others have said about the potential scope of this engine and the power it could have if utilized by other people through alternate servers and mods sounds like it could truly become something wonderful.

Not that I had any doubts about that to begin with, after Vgame. :P

Keep up the good work!
aethirshero
Been posting for a bit

Postby ian66613 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:25 am

Aleph-Null wrote:@Panolito,

It's possible in the future that some javascript versions will have support removed (IE: 1.2) when even newer versions come out. HTTP Ver.2 just came out, so I could see a new JavaScript in the near future.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Aleph-Null » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:13 am

I do not think that is relevant to my response.

Panolito was asking if it would be possible to play both Vgame, and Voreland with the same version of Java installed. Since Voreland won't require Java, there will be no compatibility issues when running an outdated version of Java.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Skeiron » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:30 pm

I think it is shameful that after such a long time, the first responses to what is probably one of the most ambitious vore games in existence is "oh well i dont like it anymore". Really dudes? Shut the fuck up.
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby panolito » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:00 pm

So its gona be a browser game then...well nice no more problems with java comaptibility(my computer has so much problems with ti and I dont know why)

Skeiron wrote:I think it is shameful that after such a long time, the first responses to what is probably one of the most ambitious vore games in existence is "oh well i dont like it anymore". Really dudes? Shut the fuck up.

Yeah its kinda rude to say stuff like that but you know...its krishan3ca working here so this is gona be great and we both know it, so we shouldnt care much about that kind of opinion.
panolito
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:05 am

krishna3ca wrote:Well, the server is a websocket server, not a standard web server. All the resources (graphics and sounds) will be hosted on the the client and not sent to the players, so the only communication between the server is a a small string of characters that tell the client to move a id on the map which should greatly limit the bandwidth. Also, it doesn't need to work on the 80 port so it can be hosted anywhere without a commercial access to internet.

Finally, the vore community is not that big. I would be surprised, except maybe at first, that there is more than 10 to 20 peoples playing at once.

If this project work, I will try to host the server myself. I believe my internet connection will be enough for this and so the only cost will be a register domain name (even then, I could just use a IP adress but it will need to be updated two or three times per year).

If there is a problem with the current server setup, I believe it would come from the CPU which will limit the maximum of players connected at the same time. With the server that I have now, I believe it will be enough for the 10 to 20 players.

This is far from a certain thing, but I believe it could work.

Edit: Je suis ravi d'apprendre que tu crée toujours des jeux, ton nouveau projet me met l'eau a la bouche. Je te soutient a 100%

I would suggest you look at multiplayer vore servers such as Vore station 13 and the likes. I play regularly in here and the >minimum< ammount of players in during rush hour is 20 peoples (we got up to 43 players on) so if your games happens to be good, which i legitimately beleive it will, there will be more than 20 players on :3
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ViperBits » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:29 am

Any chance there will be quadruped species such as horses and ponies (brony here)? Also, any ETA on first playable builds? =)
So far it sounds great, but it's been quite a long time since you first posted the idea =\
ViperBits
Been posting for a bit

Postby krishna3ca » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi,

The playable race aren't finalized. I'm not an artist, so it all depend on the available sprites and which mode the players's sprite use.

There are 2 possibilities :
1 - composite, which is basically similar how the Vgame work (a sprite whic it is pasted some armors and weapons)
2 - standalone : Thoses sprites doesn't change with equipped armors and weapons.

Composite sprites are better but require a lot more time to make as you need to make of a set of matching weapons and armors for each body type (Same body type can share armors and weapons graphics). In a ideal world, the player's sprites should be composite.

For the game, I wish to have 3 body types :
1- small : for gnomes, dwarves, goblins, half-feys, etc.
2 - normal : for humans, elves, half-demons, half-angels, catgirls, etc.
3 - large : for half-ogres, true amazons, etc.

It would also be nice to have other body type for some specifics race like centaurs and nagas, but those would require even more work.

I don't plan to make some animals race playable. In the game world, there isn't any native intelligent animals race. That doesn't mean that there isn't any intelligent animals, but there are extremely rare or unique. Also, peoples would react differently to them, since they are so rare (in theory, but since this interaction would required to be coded specifically, there is a high chance that the theses creatures are treated like normal race in the game).

Finally, I already implemented a concept of restricted races or sprites to one or more account. This concept allow to give the possibility to an account to have a custom race and/or sprites.

As for the ETA, I can't give you one as I don't really knows how much time I must spend into it to have something playable and I also don't know how much time in average I can invest in this project.
krishna3ca
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Challace » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:08 pm

That all sounds really cool, so its feasible that you could have certain races locked for character creation and require the 'completion of X quest or do X' to unlock them?

Also my offer from way back stands, if you need my services in the future.
Challace
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zond » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:51 pm

Well, then we would continue to wait for your project)) :gulp:

and about available online can guarantee that 15-20 people will constantly due to different time zones :silly:
and the first weekend will be not less 30-50 because it's fucking MMORPG :x

in Battle Stallion online now constantly online about 5 - 9 people
although the game is no longer developed and is mainly limited graphical and textual information :(
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AngelicChaos » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:59 pm

Really excited to see something come out of this. Good luck!
AngelicChaos
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game