(On progress)Higurashi : The Shrunk Arc

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

(On progress)Higurashi : The Shrunk Arc

Postby Kreeyz » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Okay time to post some informations about my ongoing project. Since I put lots of informations on my blog I'll try to write down a short non-spoiler summary here :

The game takes place in Higurashi series "universe" (i'm a big fan of the novels/mangas/animes) so I use everything I know from these. Of course I add some new content too, you'll understand soon about it ;D

The Place :

The action takes place in Hinamizawa village. The story of the village is surrounded by mystery and strange stories. Some strange and unresolved murders cases occured by the past in the village and some of them are related to the lands' goddess "Oyashiro" but is that true ? The villagers thinks so because they're afraid of a "curse" caused by the goddess. These days the village is peaceful until some stories emerges from the past....

The Characters :

Since I've already done a character review on the blog I'm posting it here (some further details are given in the game) :

Ryugu Rena :

Very kind character, she like everything that she thinks to be "cute", it can be from something like a picture to a KFC statue (yup that was in the anime), she'll eventually help the player as long as he doesn't tell lies (she hates that) so take care of what you say when you interact with her . She also have nice relations with all the other characters so again whatch what you say.

Sonozaki Mion :

The leader of the "club", she likes games and act sometimes like a boy, since she can be very "feminine". She can help you with some events as long as the player makes the right choices (who said mini-games too ?). She also have a Twin sister , Shion, and it looks like there's something between them; Maybe something the player have to investigate ?

Sonozaki Shion :

Mion's twin sister, reliable character but she can become very aggressive and cruel due to her backgroud : because she's the twin sister of the next family leader she may cause some disaster in the family, Shion was placed apart during her childhood. Since she's Mion sister she have a good relation with her.

Furude Rika :

The leader of Furude clan, it's said that the have some surnatural powers and she's the reincarnation of the land's goddess "Oyashiro", she's also in charge of Oyashiro's shrine. Sometimes she says that she's able to speak with the goddess but the player will have to search more about this. Since she looks childish sometimes she can be very mature.

Houjo Satoko :

This character is the last of the main ones and she's the main protagonist of the game. She's very energetic and likes to create elaborate traps for her friends. In the background of her story she lost her parents in an accident and her brother vanished from the village; since she's very attached to her friends and will do everything to live peacefully with them. But if someone unexpected had to attack her, what can be the situation ...?

The Story :

Same as before I already wrote that so another copy/paste :

Satoko was living a peaful life with her friends in Hinamizawa village until something happened. Some murders occured in the village and some of the villagers told that they have something to do with the land's god : Oyashiro. Some other people are suspected too among the villagers. A wave of paranoia went on the village and some people begun to act violently toward each others. Satoko escaped this "wave" but not some of her friends.

The story begins when Satoko is trying to run away from one of her friend, armed and ready to attack her... She almost reach the neighbor town but her "friend" catches her and make her fall in the river... more than 20m down from the cliff.

Satoko is now in a strange world between Life and Death and she meets another strange person. This person called a "witch" offers Satoko a way to be alive again but only Oyashiro can help her. To reach Oyashiro, Satoko will have to travel through a strange world where people can be normal sized or tiny-sized. But what will be her fate and will she be able to return to her peaceful world? That's up to you now

Contents :

A short list of hwat you'll find in the game :

- F/f only
- Soft and hard vore (not explicit for this one)
- some UB
- other things that I'll add someday xD

As said on the blog : every event is optional (except the main story ones) so the player can change his "fate" through different events and choices. I really wanted to create a "living" world so depending on the time you're visiting people you'll get different quests and advices.

Currently the game have 3 differents "good" endings depending of what the player do during the story.

Screenshots :

Okay since that's a non-spoiler post (I really want people to discover the world without spoilers) here's some screenshots I took :

The main dialogs between main characters looks like this.

One of the introduction maps.

Game system :

Since it's using RPG maker XP the game is like a RPG. Why "like", well because I added some "fun" things to make the game experience more "alive" like a time system where ypu can choose different time periods with differents events/quests/etc and a QTE system to make the events more exciting. I used to create "visual novel" games before so you'll see some of this too.

Game Development :

All right here goes the "bad part". The game is currently under heavy development since I wrote all the story and events on paper so only the "RPG Maker" part remains. I work on this game for some months already and I want to release it when it's done. Why ? because demos or lots of versions make the players wait and I don't want something like this (I prefer having a complete game from the start ) so I'm sorry but you'll have to wait some time. During this time you can read the blog (I'm updating it very often if you want some informations) and I'm on the OOC chat too under the same nickname :)

BONUS TIME :

If you read so far congratulations 'cause I know I write too much sometimes :D So I made a "bonus movie" to show some of the introduction of the game, you can watch it here.

EDIT :

EDIT 2 (2013-03-10) :

Here we go for the first birthday of the project (already ????), Yup I started to work on this project in march 2012 so here's a little bonus for today: a second video showing one of the events you'll see in the game:

I hope that you'll like it (even it's non-spoiler too)

And third video for the first year of the project development :)

Another video (not vore-related this time) since I hadn't posted another for 6 months :D

The last and final video preview before the game release this time featuring a full-lenght event :D

A last word ?

Yup. First sorry to make you wait for the game but I prefer to give you a full package so you'll can enjoy it . And sorry if I make some grammar mistakes, I'm not used to write things so long and in english (and since that's not my mother tongue too :p)

BIG EDIT :

To make the topic lighter, I removed all of the screenshots from it but you can see them in the gallery ;)

EDIT X+1 :p :

You can now follow the whole progress of the game on my website right HERE. I tried my best to show what is remaining in the works before I could release it ;)

More to come soon ;)
Last edited by Kreeyz on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:05 am, edited 35 times in total.
Kreeyz
Participator

Re: (In progress) Higurashi : The Shrunk Arc

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:07 pm

It's okay, and I'll be eagerly awaiting the finished game. ^_^
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby lilcooper » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:07 pm

can't wait!
lilcooper
Somewhat familiar

Postby Monopolus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:13 am

This sounds awesome and promising. If you'd like, after the initial release, I could try to help fix sentences or misspellings for you, and you can patch it once or twice. 'Up to you. :3
Monopolus
???

Postby Kreeyz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:37 am

Monopolus wrote:This sounds awesome and promising. If you'd like, after the initial release, I could try to help fix sentences or misspellings for you, and you can patch it once or twice. 'Up to you. :3

Yup it would be a pleasure :D
Kreeyz
Participator

Postby viperxvii » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:39 am

XD ooo, can't wait, Higurashi's one of my favorite series as well.
viperxvii
Somewhat familiar

Postby Abuelo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Alright. You have my attention. Let's see what becomes of this. : )
Abuelo
Somewhat familiar

Postby momonari » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:27 pm

It looks so interesting !! I hope there's a lot of bad endings :-D
momonari
Participator

Postby Kreeyz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:21 pm

momonari wrote:It looks so interesting !! I hope there's a lot of bad endings :-D

Yup don't worry about it since the main character has not so much hp and if you fail some specific events you'll see the result :)
Kreeyz
Participator

Postby The_Prof » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 pm

well I read your blog and it states there will be some UB scenes, but do you have anything else planned in the vore catagory? I mean Higurashi is a pretty violent piece of work itself, a game like this could certainly explore the the more graphic sides of vore after all
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby Raptor1 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Kreeyz wrote:
momonari wrote:It looks so interesting !! I hope there's a lot of bad endings :-D

Yup don't worry about it since the main character has not so much hp and if you fail some specific events you'll see the result :)

I am eagerly awaiting this game's release!
And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die!
Raptor1
Participator

Postby tbk » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Quick question, will there be any unaware interaction involving Satoko?
tbk
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kreeyz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:18 am

The_Prof wrote:well I read your blog and it states there will be some UB scenes, but do you have anything else planned in the vore catagory? I mean Higurashi is a pretty violent piece of work itself, a game like this could certainly explore the the more graphic sides of vore after all

As said on the blog mainly oral and some UB yeah, maybeI'm too selective too xD. About the series I know they're really violent sometimes but I won't go very far about this 'side' since the survival in this game will be already enough hard. Since the main events are already written (I wrote everything on paper :p) I can work on some optionnal too so maybe I'll add more things in it :)

tbk wrote:Quick question, will there be any unaware interaction involving Satoko?

Yup depending on the players' choice again and if you really want a bad ending too (or if you miss something important in the story ;p)

Some news too: Depending on the time, the whole 'universe' of the game is constantly changing so I worked hard about giving some "help" on the player; something that I really hate when playing a game is when you have no clue about what's goin' on. So I put some NPC that will give to the player some help about his/her goals depending on the time too. That means the player will have to play as much indide the survivor's shelter and outside but you can play without their help too :).

Another news, the quests are now operationnal. I'm working mainly on the "story quests" but I put some optionnal too.Okay what's the point about completing optionnal quest; I won't say it and you'll have to figure it out yourself mua ha ha ha :D
Kreeyz
Participator

Postby Jeffos » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:29 am

Last edited by Jeffos on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffos
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kreeyz » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:01 am

Jeffos wrote:Woah, this looks pretty ambitious. From the demo, I like what I see; good dialogue and cool portraits. If you've got original sprites for battles, that'll just be icing on the cake. I really dig Ryukishi07 and fanworks of his material (and shrinking!!!) in general, however, so I'm awaiting this with bated breath. Best of luck with your game design.

About the sprites I didn't found a lot on the net (I searched on a lot of websites ;p) and even if i'm taking a "reference" I prefer to draw it myself (I prefer to use custom cg every time) ;p

And about the "battles" I won't using the RMXP battle system cause I'm REALLY bad at balancing the stats (and in the project I didn't planned to use it anyways :p) but you'll have lots of "action sequences" and QTE to replace them so the player won't be bored when playing :)

About your "digging" yeah I'm searching for some fan works too but they're not much of them on the net (that's a pity because the "Higurashi" and "Umineko" universes are very cool and can be exploited for lots of fan projects :D)

EDIT : I posted more screenshots on today's blog ;)
Kreeyz
Participator

Postby firelordzx5 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:44 pm

since i dont see the anime (i dislike it, I'm not a fan of guro and insanity in a mysterious way) but I will follow this topic because looks interesting
new endo pony interactive here in Eka's! :D
http://aryion.com/iss/page.php?story=421&page=1
firelordzx5
Participator

Postby Kreeyz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:19 am

firelordzx5 wrote:since i dont see the anime (i dislike it, I'm not a fan of guro and insanity in a mysterious way) but I will follow this topic because looks interesting

Don't worry I don't like too much "blood baths" too so in the game they're won't be any ;)
Kreeyz
Participator

Postby Liz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Looks interesting indeed - looking forwards to the release.
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby Kreeyz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Time for some news again :)

The game is now 10 % completed and i'm still working seriously on it. Mainly because everything is already written on paper so I don't have to search new ideas (but I add some too :D) and here's some new details of the actual version (yeah I copied again from the blog but if you want to see the screenshots of the development that's the place to go :D )

- More than 135 custom CG (it features characters / backgrounds / pictures / animations / etc)
- Already 73 maps (since some are used for events and not fully "playable")
- More than 45 min of ingame content (if you read all the dialogs and background parts)
- 3 of the 20 main events are completed and 2 of the 22 optionnal events too (that means the visual novel parts / actions scenes and main story parts).

I have a question too (since I didn't got much answers on the post i'm trying here :p) : I was thinking about the bad ends of the game, but can the player make them worse ? I was thinking about putting QTE in the bad ends so you can choose your fate, even in the end..... what do you think about this ? Answers and comments appreciated :D

I'll try to give more details (without spoilers ones) soon again, and thanks for waiting the full game (sorry again to make you wait :D )

Original post (with screenshot) if you wanne see it that's here.
Kreeyz
Participator

Postby tbk » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Should you make use of QTE's, try to make them similar to those featured in Riviera: The Promised Land. Instead of the usual "hit triangle/circle/square when the button becomes visible", QTE's consisted of hitting a button to stop a sliding bar at precisely the right moment, or hitting a sequence of buttons in a certain order within a time limit.
tbk
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game