Being the bad guy 1.01 (EvilOverlord)Updated 04.04.2021

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Being the bad guy 0.40

Postby Ka-Atis » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:59 pm

There, played through the entire game. Actually twice, to test out different ways to play (like, kill/destroy versus show mercy) and with various player characters. That already says a lot - that I really enjoyed playing this game. Wow, just wow. So therefore, this deserves a long, thorough comment. Most hidden behind tags, not only because of length, but also - it heavily spoilers the game for those not played it yet.

Overall, great fun, I really like the atmosphere with it's humor, and nice details, things like -

Spoiler: show
-"Hold on jeeves" "soldier: aaaagh!" "he he okay we can continue"

-"things that sparkle. vampires are not listed"

-"rat unmentionables"

-what Lilah's cat drinks in the camp. Also - "albino black cat" XD

-rock paper scissors.. XD

-the whole 'gork the orc' thing :lol:

Also, the rewards during the game -

Feeding on the defeating enemies (yum, gives extras on skills), or alternatively harassing them. And yes, of course, upgrading the camp from a simple tent to an impressive castle. Not only do we complete quests and have characters grow in level, we also build up an entire empire. Yay!
..Well, maybe not that big yet, but maybe some day.. ;)

Combat stuff:

The enemies throughout the game are well balanced - not boringly easy but not frustratingly difficult either. The only thing I can complain about here is minor - Vlad's castle is placed as 'next' area on the map, but is way harder to manage compared to the other places further away. I would suggest, put Vlad further away from the staring point, or make a warning that this area is particularly dangerous (for instance, Jeeves could say this when the area is entered, which would make sense since he already knows Vlad). While I agree with Garz that this should not be a 'holding hands' game, I think some hint would be great.

I like it that different opponents require different fighting skills or strategies. For example the beetle where standard fighting doesn't do much (you have to use special skill or magic) or the lich boss where you have to go for the orbs first.

The combat flair text adds nicely to the fighting experience. Like for instance -"Minotaur swings his axe around" (Uh-oh ..). Or the lich boss crying about his damaged orbs. Makes a fight feel more special, not just 'another enemy to slay'. I would love to see more of that.

Characters:

I always kept Jeeves, and Heir of course, while varying the characters in the other two slots.
The three characters Lilah, Elea and Sirrta worked great for me, perhaps a small preference for Sirrta since she has good fighter skills too. I also liked Gusto, but he could use some more additional skills, how about making him harder to hit? As already mentioned, thieving skills such a detecting traps or picking locks would fit him well, should it match in this game. I really liked Taila too but think her level should be higher when she eventually joins the group. Sheesa looks promising as well but I added her relatively late, so her level was pretty low compared to the others I already got.

As for temporary characters - Hermit is good as a walking medkit but that's all. In contrast, Stu and Hassad make good fighters. I never used Chuck, Ooluuf or the Dryad however because of their low levels when they joined.

Thoughts and suggestions:

Random encounters:

This is in the end a matter of taste, some people enjoy a lot of random encounters (yay more fighting) while for others it can quickly become too much. I'm sort of middle ground here. At the one side, random encounters are good for exp and gold farming, and also for testing out new abilities from leveling up or newly added characters. And, should I want to explore an area completely unbothered, there is always the scare skill..

At the other side, a number of such random encounters are needed in order to level up sufficiently, so there aren't any way around them in the long run. I think what makes some players dislike random encounters is when they are predictable in what is encountered, while pretty unpredictable in when it happens (anytime, anywhere within the area). Of course, you can add more non-random encounters to make it more special (not "just random"), but that's a whole lot of extra work to do, and there are also other and less work-intensive ways around this.

- How about not having random encounters happen "anywhere", but instead preferably only within specific parts of the areas, where it would make most sense? Like for instance, in a dungeon rats or bats would be more likely to appear in dark corners than in a fully lit up corridor. Snakes are more likely to appear where the forest is particularly thick, rather than on an open field. Slimes more likely where the ground is particularly moist. Such an 'not-entirely-random' aspect would give the game a more realistic feel, with the surprise effect not entirely gone. It may even add a hunting feel, when the "prey" is not popping up right before you anytime, but you'll have to seek it. Damn, rats, where are you hiding now? It gives the player more agency. And yes, sure, I enjoy being pred. :D

-Some areas could benefit from varying the encounters more, not always the same creatures. For instance, the dungeon below the Dysart city has good variation (rats, caterpillars, beetle, etc) but the Volcano is pretty monotoneous (hellhound, hellhound, hellhound.. ).

Character level issues:

Characters encountered later in the game may not be attractive to use because of their low levels. Sure, they'll be leveled up when you use them in combat (and yes, infinite amounts of random encounters), but late in the game this will take time and require many encounters before they have caught up. And, why shall I spend time on leveling up a weak character when I can further level up an already strong character?

Since active combat is necessary for a character to get experience points, it's less attractive to use temporary characters - why waste experience points on them when they will soon leave the party again anyway?

Group experience instead of character experience has already been suggested. I don't need to worry about when I have a character join the party, or about the non-fighting characters remaining at low levels just because they are not fighting. I think this solution is sort of boring though, since it takes away the reward for 'investing' in a particular character. But in the end that's a matter of taste. Maybe a compromise would be the best - the fighting characters get full experience, while the non-fighting ones get partial experince, like 50%?

You can have new characters start at higher levels than they currently do. For instance, when the characters I already have are at level 10+, then level 4 for the new character is low, someplace around level 8 would be more fit. Since it may be hard to predict at which time point the player picks up a character, the level could be made dynamic instead of pre-defined by programming (I have seen that in other rpgs). For instance, the new character's level could be Heir's current level minus two? Or the party's average level minus one? Or something similar?

Is there any chance to make temporary characters not 'steal away' experience points from permanent characters? How about an additional slot number 5 to be used for temporary characters only, so that the four regular slots are always available for permanent characters. But this may be a real pain to program (?)

Defeated cities:

I couldn't see any advantage in pillaging the city versus sparing it. This is again a matter of taste of course, but one idea would be to let both actions have their consequences for further game play, with both options having their own advantages as well as penalties.

Pillaging could for instance have short term advantages such as finding a lot of gold and treasure, as well as the experience of actually playing it - fighting off inhabitants, eating them (gives stats bonus), looting, etc. The disadvantage, obviously, is that the city is pretty much useless afterwards. On the plus side, doing this particular evil could also increase the morals of your allies, they get happier and with that give you more benefits. Like, NPCs - stuff in their stores gets cheaper, you can stay over in inn for free, etc. Player's characters may get better stats or skills.

In contrast, sparing the city and its inhabitants can give you a useful source of supplies throughout the game (including goodies you'll not be able to buy in any other store). On the minus side, there may also the risk that they turn hostile at some point, or even rebel or attack you (or your stronghold) at some point.

Continuation of the game:

You wrote somewhere that you weren't quite sure how to go om with this game. I'll not suggest anything specific here, after all this is your game, but a general idea, how I would *expect* the game to go on would be -

One major quest at the end, such as taking over a particularly powerful city. Kill the King. All other quests before build up to this, where you increase your power, as in personal power as well as your army and equipment.

Alternatively, or additionally - Surprises are great. Maybe something entirely else and totally unexpected happens.. *grins*

Another thought - In general, I'm very fond of the concept of multiple options, such as 'different ways of evil', where there is no 'right' solution vs. the 'wrong' solution. Therefore I like your idea of feeding on defeated enemies vs. keeping them. This is something you can build further on. What will be the consequences of keeping defeated enemies? They may turn into useful allies..? Or they may betray you..? This may also depend on how you actually treat them. Similarly, you could build on the fate of the defeated cities (see above), with various outcomes depending on whether or not they are spared and how you go along with the bosses there.

Bugs:

You may be aware of many of these already, I mention them just in case -
Group formation changes after entering then exiting the camp bulding (tent, house, castle). If Elea or Gusto is not among the four selected characters, they nevertheless appear in one of the four slots when leaving the tent/house/castle again.

Vlad's castle:
The two mimic doors respawn when that area is revisited (or is this intentional?).

When revisiting the overlord castle, it "repairs itself" to its original state when the party leaves Jeeves' room through the door.

When the robber king is defeated and disappeared, it's still not possible to walk over the tiles where he was. Same thing with fluffy.

When the mimic king is killed, the party can walk on the tile where the new, smaller chest is placed. It looks like they walk right through it.

The draw bridge in the Dysart city bug is sometimes down when it should not.

Prison under Dysart city: When I talk to prisoners they say 'thanks for letting me out' and leave, even though I didn't get the prison key yet.

The earth gem (green) turns red (looks like a fire gem) when you click on it to pick it up

When the three ships are defeated at sea, the game sometimes (not always) crashes: your ship cannot be moved, and even though that wirly thing reaches the ship, nothing happens.

Inside the sea monster:
After hitting the first organic mass - the area changes to less acid but the image still shows the full acid version (so that the party walks on the acid). The image then alters into the right one when I leave the area and then return to it. This only happened first time I played, but not the second time.

When I go back to the start image inside the monster, I see a second sprite of Heir in the start position, saying the same stuff ("what happened.. etc"). Then this second Heir sprite disappears.

Various minor stuff:

Overlord castle: I cannot walk over wine bottles on the floor, but still over bar stools. Odd.

Snuffles is just adorable. So how about a reappearance later in the game? Like - finding him among the mess in the damaged castle and picking him up? "ohhh old dear friend snuffles!" --> Legion of terror +1.

There is very little exp for slimes (only 3) as compared to rats. Is this intentional?

How about making Elea poison resistant, sinse she's a ghost ?

When the orcs say they'll build the bridge- How about adding some animation here, that they walk away (to build the bridge), instead of them sitting around the camp fire and somehow build the bridge per telekinesis remote control..?

After sea monster:
The harpy's image is blurred, probably because an image with too low resolution is used.

Typo: In Lilah's status: "..fooling aroudn"

I cannot read the sign at the blue city entrance after the take over.

The symbols in the volcano area are hexagrams, while the text says they are pentagrams. Pentagrams (magic, occult) seem better fitting than hexagrams (judaism), so I would change the graphics and not the text. For devil or demon stuff (such as the volcano) I would use the 'one point down'-pentagram, while for general magic stuff (such as potion stores) the 'one point up'-pentagram.

The orc interactive story book was great fun, and great vore too. But how about making the text stationary instead of scrolling on its own? More convenient to read text which doesn't move. Continuation could be done by hitting space bar. That also has the advantage of not having to wait till the text has scrolled all way up.

The orientations of city maps are mismatching. This makes it harder to navigate through the city, which exit leads to which map. Any chance to fix this? Like, exiting on the left side on one map makes you appear on the right side on the next?

Not sure if bug:
In the blue city, inn, I can enter the rat hole even though Lilah is not added to the group yet.

Taila's gunshots hit the pirate guys right in their balls.. :lol:.

Questions:

What does hermit's 'revive potion' (in skills, not in the store) do?

The four mimics in the treasure room were way harder to defeat than the mimic king as well as vlad. But maybe there is some sort of strategy to easily defeat them which I haven't noticed?

Just out of curiosity - TP increase when fighting, but is there any specific pattern how much? or is it random?

I hardly get a chance to use the more TP expensive special skills, those which cost many such as 100 TP (the fight is over long before that amount of TPs is reached). So how about lowering TP costs for specials when the character's level increases? Or alternatively, have TP grow faster in combat when the character has reached higher levels?

Some skills (specials or magic) require TP as well as MP. Would it be possible to show TP as well as MP costs?

Suggestion: Give save games custom names? That makes it easier to keep track of them.

How about adding a 'buy' function to Chuck, when he's still in the party (like Hermit)?

In the 'dragon slayer' dungeon, I find a glowing sword, I take it but it doesn't show up in the inventory. Is this intentional?

I feel kind of stupid now, but- I still have no idea when to use 'Pokestick'. I hoped it would work against sleep in combat, but I cannot access it from the item list then. Maybe it works for "revival" when a character is "dead" (only 1 HP and fainted)?

I read about 'legion punch' in this thread, but couldn't see any in the game. Is this a skill Heir gets at a higher level?

I read somewhere that "she had turned into a naga". But I couldn't see that happen anytime with anyone.

Final comment: I think I'll play this game again. After a major update, I'm sure I'll play it again. :D
Now I eat you!}- >:-(.. ____ D: -{no.. nooo..
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Bright » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Ooh, you have made quite the big post here Ka-Atis. I really appreciate that.

Let’s see if I can answer it to some extent.

Glad you like the humour in the game.

Spoilers are for spoilers.
(But if you read this far into the thread, you probably know some of these things already.)

Rewards:
I am glad you like the stuff that I enjoy doing in a game. I enjoy having progress in a gameworld.
(One of my favourite games are Chrono Trigger. Doing things in the past have great effects on the future.)

Combat:
About Vlad: Yeah, this is a pretty valid statement. I could have Jeeves say something about the castle in itself that could at least give some hints about the things inside.
About different opponents requiring different strategies: I should do more of those, once I get my ass to it that is.
Combat flair text: Glad you like that. Note to self: Add more flair text.

Characters:
I kinda went with the idea that in usual RPGS, everyone that joins your party is a capable fighter, but in real life that is not always the case. Thus I wanted to have some characters that could fill up a spot until someone more fitting came along, but that didn’t mean the characters were useless. They could always be useful in their own right back at the base.

Thoughts and suggestions:
Specific randomly encounters: That is actually a good idea that I think would add to the feel of the game. Kinda like “pokemon in the tall grass” feeling.

Areas with varied encounters: That is a pretty valid argument. Could you specify which areas that you feel have monotonous encounters?

Character level issues:
Character exp and level: Having characters be around the same level of the main party is a good idea, it should be possible with a couple of variables and some tweaking. It is in fact not a bad idea.
Exp thiefs: I am not sure how to make this fifth slot, but I did have some plans for recruit able temporary characters in the future. I can’t really say anything about it as the plans for it are rather vague and foggy.

Defeated cities:
Pillaging: What you’re saying makes sense. I have already contemplated giving the player a share of the loot for pillaging the city.
Sparing: I can’t really recall if I added it or not, but there was a plan that you get a discount on items if you spare the city.

Continuation of the game: I do have plans. I just need the time to finish them. But you got some good guesses here of what I had in mind.

Bugs:
Group formation: Well, not a bug per se, but more of an unintended consequence of how I make the things work. When you enter the building, all characters are taken from the party.
When you leave the building, they go through a “true or false” check on whether this character was added to the party. The way it goes through the check determines in which order the characters come back to the party.
I have no solution to this particular problem.

Vlads castle: I am not really sure if is intentional or not. I can’t remember. I don’t see it as a problem really.

Jeeves time travel conundrum: This should be fixed in the next update.

Robber King and Fluffy tiles: Hum, I will have to check these.
Mimic King defeated: I will check this as well.

Draw bridge in Dysert city: Apparently this is because of a travel event on the road. Like, there’s two places you can go, one of them doesn’t have an event check. I believe I have fixed this, but you will get the result in the next update.
Prison under Dysert city: Ah yes, this is because I have been lazy with a couple of contradicting ideas. I`ll see if I can figure out something.
Earth gem: Huh, wasn’t aware of that. I`ll check that out. (surprised you found it.)

Three ships crash: I know where it crash, but I have no idea why.

Inside the sea monster: That sounds strange that it didn’t happen the second time. Or that it happened the first time at all. I can’t really know what happened.
Hmm, must be that the event didn’t close properly that you saw the second sprite of Heir. I will have to check that.

Various minor stuff:
Wine bottles are very sharp? I dunno.
Perhaps Snuffles will get a reappearance.
Slimes are easier than rats, so the experience is lower. Perhaps it is a bit too low.
Poison resistance Elea: Actually, I do have an idea of making the various character have a bit of different resistance to various elements.
Bridge building orcs: Hmm, that gives me an idea that would improve the map a little. (heh, telekinetic orcs.)
Blurry harpy: That’s most likely true. I`ll recheck that.
Lilahs typo: Should be fixed in next update.
Blue city sign: Hmm, I`ll fix that.
Magic markers in the volcano: Hmm, I am not sure I have pentagrams in the game files. I can call them something else probably.
Orc interactive text: you make a good point. I had a guy do a playthrough and he read it out loud as he went through it. IT was hilarious.
Mismatching city maps: Valid complaint. I had ideas that were hard to implement and took a shortcut.
Rat hole without Lilah: Shouldn’t happen. That I can fix.

Questions:
Hermits revive potion is supposed to have the same benefit as “raise” or “revive”. If it doesn’t I have no idea why.
Mimics are weak to fire and life drain.
I have no idea how TP works. If you attack, you get TP. If you are attacked, you get TP.
100 TP skills are ûber skills. But yeah, it takes a long time to get there.
I might be able to show TP and MP cost in description of the spell.

Save games: No idea how to do that.
Chuck the bartender with a buy function? I like that idea.
Glowing sword was supposed to give you a nifty weapon….I forgot to put it there.
Pokestick is used for when characters are fainted outside of combat. Like, character B faints in combat. Character A wins it. Uses pokestick afterwards to get Character B to 1hp.

Legion punch is a skill you get when you get the overlords gauntlet in the first city when sieging the castle. Equip the gauntlet, get the skill.
Eris is a naga. Kinda. She turns into one if you betray Hassad.

I am glad you enjoyed the game. Your feedback was most valuable. I can at least do some bug searching with this, some character tweaking and some content adding.
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Ka-Atis » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:32 am

Nice to hear my comment can be helpful. Added some more response to your answers, behind tag because spoiler heavy.

Bright wrote:One of my favourite games are Chrono Trigger. Doing things in the past have great effects on the future.

I never played that one but in general - yes, I love it when decisions actually have consequences, not only locally within the quest they happen, but also for later in the game.

I kinda went with the idea that in usual RPGS, everyone that joins your party is a capable fighter, but in real life that is not always the case. Thus I wanted to have some characters that could fill up a spot until someone more fitting came along, but that didn’t mean the characters were useless. They could always be useful in their own right back at the base.

Good point. I can see how that fits well to some of the characters, particularly the temporary ones, but also some permanent ones. For instance, it wouldn't make sense that Sheesa was kickass strong right away. She's young, inexperienced, her tree just got planted. For players really wanting this character to be strong - yeah, there is the infinite supply of random encounters. ;)

Areas with varied encounters: That is a pretty valid argument. Could you specify which areas that you feel have monotonous encounters?

Overall, there is a whole lot of rats and bats. Sure, that makes sense, but you could still spice up this by varying more in their number as well as size. For example - instead of standard rats, have the big nasty ones sometimes, as well as the smaller weaker ones but in high numbers. And why not the occasional mom rats with little ones? Some variation in rat images could also add to the pleasure here.

In the volcano there is hellhound hellhound hellhound (one, two or three) and that was it. In the forest: snake, hornet, snake, hornet, hornet, hornet, snake, and so on. Later: flower type 1, flower type 2, flower 1, flower 1, flower 2..

In general, I would suggest four or five different species in each area, and which can vary in numbers or combinations too.

Defeated cities:
Pillaging: What you’re saying makes sense. I have already contemplated giving the player a share of the loot for pillaging the city.
Sparing: I can’t really recall if I added it or not, but there was a plan that you get a discount on items if you spare the city.

Sounds good, makes sense.

Continuation of the game: I do have plans. I just need the time to finish them. But you got some good guesses here of what I had in mind.

Cool. I'm looking forward to that.

Group formation: Well, not a bug per se, but more of an unintended consequence of how I make the things work. When you enter the building, all characters are taken from the party.
When you leave the building, they go through a “true or false” check on whether this character was added to the party. The way it goes through the check determines in which order the characters come back to the party.
I have no solution to this particular problem.

hmmm, I see the problem. In any other situation the computer remembers the order of the characters, also when you load an older save game, so somehow this information must be stored somehow. Therefore I would guess it should be technically possible to make use of this information again when the characters are re-added to the party after leaving the building. Likely, the problem is that this information is deleted when the building is entered, therefore it isn't added back when leaving the building again. But how about copying this information into other variables which content doesn't get deleated, and when the party exits the building again, it gets copied back into the actual variables for the group slots?

Vlads castle: I am not really sure if is intentional or not. I can’t remember. I don’t see it as a problem really.

[respawing mimic doors]. No, it's not really any problem. Actually, it can be quite useful - exp and gold farming. :D

Earth gem: Huh, wasn’t aware of that. I`ll check that out. (surprised you found it.)

I must admit it took some time before I figured that the forest was still enterable. I first took it was not since the human settlement was deleted from the main map. But later I rechecked the forest since I had this feeling there must be things to do there - the dryad's sapling, as well as a tree trunk which blocked a path which looked like would be continuing to something more.

Three ships crash: I know where it crash, but I have no idea why.

I was speculating it could have something to do with in which order the three other ships got defeated, but so far I haven't found any evidence for that.

Inside the sea monster: That sounds strange that it didn’t happen the second time. Or that it happened the first time at all. I can’t really know what happened

I recall now, the first time I played I hit the thing a whole lot of times, to and fro between much acid and little acid. So that may have "confused" the counter. The second time I played I only hit it once, and there was no such problem.

Magic markers in the volcano: Hmm, I am not sure I have pentagrams in the game files. I can call them something else probably.

I would recommend pentagrams, since those give the right feel for what they represent. If they are not in the game files (which surprises me, since they are pretty standard symbols) it should be possible to import them (?)

Mimics are weak to fire and life drain.

I see. I didn't have the fire attacks yet back then, so that pretty much explains it. Life drain worked well against one mimic, but when I got attacked by four of them at once.. But yeah, the fire ring would do the job nicely here.

Pokestick is used for when characters are fainted outside of combat. Like, character B faints in combat. Character A wins it. Uses pokestick afterwards to get Character B to 1hp.

Yes, I see. That is what I guessed after reading Garz' comment. He he, indeed, can save a lot of money that way.

Legion punch is a skill you get when you get the overlords gauntlet in the first city when sieging the castle. Equip the gauntlet, get the skill.

I see. Hmm, I only have a glove, and that doesn't give me the skill. Guess I didn't find that item then. I don't think I sold it. Any hint on where I can find the gauntlet?

Eris is a naga. Kinda. She turns into one if you betray Hassad.

Oh yes, that explains it. I never betrayed Hassad. Out of curiosity, how come that betraying Hassad makes Eris turn into a naga? Because she ate him? Or other citizens, got good and full and therefore able to transform?
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby Bright » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:34 pm

Spoilers because of spoilers.

Monsters: Yeah, I am really guilty of using rats and animals and stuff like that. Mostly because I didn’t want to use the classic monsters as your enemies. They are after all your allies.
I`ll see if I can find some way to introduce some more monsters into the areas. I mean, more varied monsters at least.

Group formation:
Hum… should be possible to make a “party member (number) = character” and save it as variable, but not sure how to do it.

Forest: Hehe, glad you found it. Always fun to hear about people going around discovering all the things I hid in the game.

Volcano: There are no pentagrams from what I can see. There are hexagrams however. But you are right, it should be possible to import them.

Gauntlet: First city, siege the castle, in the tower with the armory.

Eris: It is actually a joke about me not being able to find a naga sprite for her. Thus I just said she was the offspring of a wizard and a snake, being able to transform at will. Betraying Hassad doesn’t make her able to transform, but she transforms because she relishes the opportunity to get a snack.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Ka-Atis » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:27 pm

all behind spoiler tag -

Bright wrote:Monsters: Yeah, I am really guilty of using rats and animals and stuff like that. Mostly because I didn’t want to use the classic monsters as your enemies. They are after all your allies.

oh.. yeah. of course. XD

Group formation:
Hum… should be possible to make a “party member (number) = character” and save it as variable, but not sure how to do it.

unfortunately, I'm not familiar with this programming language, so I have no specific idea either.

Forest: Hehe, glad you found it. Always fun to hear about people going around discovering all the things I hid in the game.

I couldn't find any use for it though, but I guess that is not programmed yet (same as for fire gem replica). anyhow - you got me there "looks like the real thing" - for a short moment I thought I had found the real gem, not just a replica..

Volcano: There are no pentagrams from what I can see. There are hexagrams however. But you are right, it should be possible to import them.

that's strange. but ok.

Gauntlet: First city, siege the castle, in the tower with the armory.

oh dang, looks like I - so eager to take over the city - totally forgot about exploring those towers alltogether. 8O
..yeah, there was the gauntlet. unfortunately, the legion is not that big at this moment..

Eris: It is actually a joke about me not being able to find a naga sprite for her. Thus I just said she was the offspring of a wizard and a snake, being able to transform at will. Betraying Hassad doesn’t make her able to transform, but she transforms because she relishes the opportunity to get a snack

Ha ha, good point. :lol:
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri May 02, 2014 7:54 pm

This was a great well thought out game.

If I may make a suggestion sometimes despite all the hints you give players are still left a bit confused. I had to look up how to repair the light house as it was in no way self explanitory. I both talked and chatted with Jeeves and the Tactician who's name escapes me right now, and all I got from them is stuff they had said before or was similar enough to stuff they had said before that I couldn't tell the difference. I also avoided the Main camp like the plague as I didn't want to lose the hermit from my party.

That one instance could have realy used a more direct hint.

It would also be nice to be able to take units from my camp with me on the adventure as not being allowed to made me intentionally avoid the camp.

Lastly I think the Soul Eater move, and the Raging Strike moves are too hard to use for too little benifit. I never even used Raging strike, and I only used Soul Eater twice. Once against one of the guards in the guard captain fight and it did nothing against him(126 Damage) and once against the Mummy king, who it did prove useful for as it seems to have been the only way to kill him.

Oh, also the Vore sceens are realy anti climactic, it kind of just goes "Eat Em!", "Ok!" they have now been eaten. They could do with a little more detail. I mean you don't need to go anywhere near Mysta levels of detailed but more would be apreciated.

Like I said though awsome effort, and a lot of fun. I can't wait untill its finished.

Oh and if and when you do finish, please allow for continued play after the final boss. Nothing is worse then an RPG that locks you up at the end.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Sat May 03, 2014 8:21 pm

Thanks for your feedback Anesthetic.

Yeah, the vore scenes might have been a bit short when it comes to finishing off the former bosses. Still, they're really not what I try to focus on in the game.

Hmm, I`ll have to reconsider Raging strike and Soul Eater move then.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Freyyr » Mon May 05, 2014 1:54 am

So I have an interesting problem... I install the game and the folders are created but there is nothing in them.

But according to the properties of the folder I have 90ish mb inside.... any ideas what is wrong?
Freyyr
Been posting for a bit

Postby Garz » Mon May 05, 2014 3:08 am

Freyyr wrote:So I have an interesting problem... I install the game and the folders are created but there is nothing in them.

That's a mild error - try renaming the .exe file to fix it.

There's a space in the file's name which sometimes causes that (I presume this will be rectified next update, heh).
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snowytiggy » Mon May 05, 2014 11:37 am

okay. this is causing me major worry. I dl'd the exe, loaded it and had the same problem that Freyyr had of the folders being empty. I tried to run the exe again to see if it'd change and got duplicate empty folders within the empty folders. Read the comment about renaming the exe and went to delete the previous ones to clear space. I deleted one folder and then suddenly one of the empty folders was filled with icons. I tried clicking on the game and got a message saying the file is "no longer at the specified location". I then went further ahead with trying to delete the folder and got another message saying the ENTIRE empty folder is not at the specified location anymore, and therefore I cannot delete the useless folder nor can I shred it with my anti virus.

I'm now stuck with a glitched game folder on my desktop.
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Mon May 05, 2014 12:32 pm

I`m sorry man, I am not sure how to deal with that issue.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby JVC3325 » Sat May 17, 2014 8:52 pm

Yeah I'm getting the same problem as SnowyTiggy, I can't play the game or delete the folder.
JVC3325
New to the forum

Postby Garz » Sun May 18, 2014 2:51 am

Renaming the problem folder does not fix this?

That's a very annoying issue.
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JeremyTN » Tue May 27, 2014 12:20 am

FOUND THE SOLUTION! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWyUFgdAFPI I tried it out myself, and it works! No more of that stupid empty file!
JeremyTN
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby vincentvchaos » Tue May 27, 2014 6:12 am

I think the problem with the file is that there's a space on the .exe right at the end of the 0.40, making it read "EvilOverlord 0.40 .exe". Got rid of the space in the name, and the folder is no longer empty. Hope this helps people!
vincentvchaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby hyenaofleisure » Tue May 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Having a few bugs/problems

when I try to open it normally, it says the directory name is invalid

running it as an administrator it opens, then I get a bug stating it failed to load the script

And finally when I tried to delete the files, I get a message stating that the item isn't found or is in the wrong location.

Any way I can do -something- to fix this? As it stands, I can't play it, or even remove it from my PC. :/

*edit* tried to do what Jeremy suggested. It didn't work for some reason
hyenaofleisure
Been posting for a bit

Postby Garz » Tue May 27, 2014 11:04 pm

hyenaofleisure wrote:when I try to open it normally, it says the directory name is invalid

That is caused by a space in the file's name. Rename the file before you unzip it and it should work fine.

hyenaofleisure wrote:As it stands, I can't play it, or even remove it from my PC. :/

Huh, not sure what to suggest there. Try making sure you go through all the steps on the video.
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Wed May 28, 2014 3:59 pm

1. Have a hint or bigger map towards Vlads castle so that people can see that there’s a danger in going there. Added skeletons and gargoyles as units you can fight before entering the castle.
2. Add more combat flair text.
3. Find a way to make characters have levels more adapted towards the main characters level. (Currently using, Heirs level, greater than or equal to a level above the recruitable characters level. Add +2 level.)
4. Ooluf, Sirrta, Stu, Lilah, Gusto,Hermit, Chuck, Hassad, Dryad, Sheesha, DONE
5. Find a way to make creatures appear in places that seem more likely.
6. Add a bigger range of creatures to fight in various places, Volcano done.
7. Added firebat for volcano. High damage, low health. Kill first.
8. Added slime, high damage, low health, attack fast.
9. Added kerberi. Strong monster. Don’t be rash.
10. Added Ghast to Forgotten castle. Low Health, high attack monster. Attack fast.
11. Added bushwalker, high defense, low health, debuffer.
12. Added poisonstabber, low health, high attack, poisoneous.
13. Added monster numerical colors in forest. Need monsters, need fixating. Done
15. Add exp to all the characters in the fight. DONE
16. Add booty from defeated cities. Done
18. Robber King and Fluffy have tiles that is unable to walk over. Changed the priority to below. Should fix the problem.
19. Mimic king, can walk over tiles. (It was clicked as through)
20. Prisoners get out of the prison in Dysart city. Prisoners will only vanish if the door is open.
21. Earth gem turns red. Direction fix on event.
22. Game crashes when three ships are destroyed at sea. Tried doing something. Not sure if it worked.
23. Sea monster, repeat of text. Paralell event. DONE
24. Wine bottles can’t be walked over in Overlord castle. Fixed the tileset. Broken winebottles can now be walked over.
25. Reappearance of Snuffles. Done
26. Animate the orcs to walk towards the bridge. (Somewhat done.)DONE
27. Harpy image blurred. Done reuploaded image.
28. Blue city entrance unreadable sign. Needed event fix. Same priority as characters.
29. Change city layout to be something more easier to walk through.
30. Add flavor text to NW,SW,NE, SE, CHURCH Done
31. Add npcs to NW; SW; NE; SE; CHURCH Done
32. Blue city inn, can enter rat hole without Lilah. Done. Added Lilah as a requirement.
33. Buy function for Chuck? Done
34. Desert town has some wonky maps. Add a couple to fix. Done.

https://www.mediafire.com/?u4ddagwu7x3kty2

Renamed the file so you don't get the stupid error.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Re: Being the bad guy 0.41

Postby Ka-Atis » Thu May 29, 2014 12:02 pm

Snuffles!!!

Snuffles will be back! Yay! Go Snuffles!

Wait... uhm... ahem... does this mean that I'll see his corpse, brutally slain, all his stuffings spread over the floor...? :freaked:

No, don't tell me. I want to get surprised. ;)
Ka-Atis
yum, slurp, and/or drool

Re: Being the bad guy 0.41

Postby Murderkarp » Thu May 29, 2014 12:24 pm

New version, huh? I suppose I will give it another shot.
Murderkarp
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game